Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Quest Status Bug

• birdmann1230
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Same here. I also can’t queue into Tales of Tribute because it says I haven’t done tbt quest but it also won’t let me redo it. All of this happened after I got DC’d out of Cyrodiil yesterday.

Yeah, just ran into this as well today. ToT is completely unqueable against other players.

Functionally, this may be the most broken I've seen the game.

It’s not great for sure, but the Markarth or Skyrim update (idr which one) was literally unplayable due to crashing so I guess I’ll be grateful for that…
    Options
  • Poss
    Poss
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeh it’s ground my progression to a complete halt as I can’t continue my zone. Been stuck in PvP these last few days as nothing else to do
    Options
  • bunnydaisuki
    bunnydaisuki
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone received acknowledgement from the support or devs in regards to this bug? I've raised a ticket to the support via the support portal, but they're redirecting me back to raising a ticket via the in game support.
    Please don't feed the goat, kthxbai.
    Options
  • Sagranax
    Sagranax
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone received acknowledgement from the support or devs in regards to this bug? I've raised a ticket to the support via the support portal, but they're redirecting me back to raising a ticket via the in game support.

Same here, raised two tickets but no acknowledgement.
    ZOS is very quiet about this but it's a game breaking bug that needs fixing asap.

Some parts of various zone maps have turned to their non completed quest state and it's annoying af.

Never seen the game in this state before.

Again:
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_Kevin
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Options
  • Poss
    Poss
    ✭✭✭✭

I received this:

ucdogg2fu4is.jpeg

But it would be really handy if @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin could act as liaison between us and the devs because, from the emails I received, they don’t seem to know what’s causing it and are asking for information about what exactly I did when I noticed this. If we banded together and worked out what we all did to break this (because only a small minority are affected, none of my guild mates are having this issue) then we could get to the root of it quicker.

Options
  • preamp
    preamp
    ✭✭
    I have noticed the same on my account. I had 100% completion in every zone. However now all zones (except Cyrodiil) are missing Story Quests, Points of Interest and Public Dungeons.
    Options
  • hurry143
    hurry143
    ✭✭
    I have the similar issue with Group Dungeon quests as well (in addition to all of the aforementioned public dungeons, stories, etc) . I had 100% completion of all the group dungeons on one of my characters, but the world map is now showing that the character has not completed dungeons such as Fungal Grotto 2.

This is also reflected in addons such as Urich's Skill Point Finder.
    Options
  • Tyrobius
    Tyrobius
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, Support responded to me and let me know that they are aware of the bug, they understand that it is affecting multiple accounts, and they are working to fully fix it. No ETA or anything like that but I wouldn't expect one. It was nice to receive this response and know that they are working on it. I imagine that it is going to be a tough one to fix. For right now, I am questing on other characters so that I can advance achievements and such but obviously I wouldn't want this as a long-term solution.

It would be nice to get official acknowledgement from community managers here in this thread so that everyone can have some piece of mind that this is at least being worked on.
    Options
  • Tyrobius
    Tyrobius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Poss wrote: »

But it would be really handy if @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin could act as liaison between us and the devs because, from the emails I received, they don’t seem to know what’s causing it and are asking for information about what exactly I did when I noticed this. If we banded together and worked out what we all did to break this (because only a small minority are affected, none of my guild mates are having this issue) then we could get to the root of it quicker.

The only thing I can think of was that I was in Cyrodiil on Tuesday morning during the campaign reset. After that, I first noticed the bug.
    Options
  • Poss
    Poss
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tyrobius wrote: »
    The only thing I can think of was that I was in Cyrodiil on Tuesday morning during the campaign reset. After that, I first noticed the bug.

Interesting, I was also in Cyrodiil on the day of reset but a good few hours after it ticked over
    Options
  • Eaddok
    Eaddok
    Soul Shriven
    Don't think it has something to do with campaign reset itself but I did spent a lot of time in Cyrodiil last month. I noticed my character bugged on 18th of June, long before reset. I sent a ticket same day, in couple days got response that they aware and investigating.
    Options
  • birdmann1230
    It happened to be in July 1, right after the event started for me, so it may coincide with Mayehm.
    Options
  • bunnydaisuki
    bunnydaisuki
    ✭✭✭
    Tyrobius wrote: »

Yes, Support responded to me and let me know that they are aware of the bug, they understand that it is affecting multiple accounts, and they are working to fully fix it. No ETA or anything like that but I wouldn't expect one. It was nice to receive this response and know that they are working on it. I imagine that it is going to be a tough one to fix. For right now, I am questing on other characters so that I can advance achievements and such but obviously I wouldn't want this as a long-term solution.

It would be nice to get official acknowledgement from community managers here in this thread so that everyone can have some piece of mind that this is at least being worked on.

The support from my end is asking me to check for add-ons, even though I've told him that it's related to gameplay and progression. I've even linked to this post, so that they can have more context.

I'd really like to see some acknowledgement from the team as well, but maybe it's just a minority of players that are encountering this bug. 🤷🏻
    Options
  • birdmann1230
    A bunch of us are playing on console, so the add-ons aren’t an issue. It doesn’t seem to be a huge group though for sure.
    Options
  • Poss
    Poss
    ✭✭✭✭

The support from my end is asking me to check for add-ons, even though I've told him that it's related to gameplay and progression. I've even linked to this post, so that they can have more context.

I'd really like to see some acknowledgement from the team as well, but maybe it's just a minority of players that are encountering this bug. 🤷🏻

Yeh it’s definitely not add on related since I’m on console too. I don’t think they know what’s causing it so I’m not expecting a fix anytime soon which is unfortunate.

I explained to the support guy that of all the bugs I’ve experienced over the years, this is the one that’ll likely make me quit. This is huge. My progression is now frozen and depends entirely on whether they can fix this. I paid for Necrom and cannot play it. I’ve moved on to Hogwarts Legacy and have had zero motivation to play ESO last few days so idk, not looking good
    Options
  • Colue
    Colue
    oh just wait bc they cant get things fixed i cant complete the main quest bc of this
    Options
  • Sagranax
    Sagranax
    ✭✭✭
    ... this is the one that’ll likely make me quit.

Same here.

Edited by Sagranax on July 8, 2023 3:30AM
    Options
  • birdmann1230
    I was able to finish the main quest for Necrom, all the achievements are correct, it’s just tbt zone guide is missing and the other zones I already finished showing some incomplete. Idk if that’s accurate for others though.
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was able to finish the main quest for Necrom, all the achievements are correct, it’s just tbt zone guide is missing and the other zones I already finished showing some incomplete. Idk if that’s accurate for others though.

I had just finished the necrom overland achievements and quests, so that was done before the bug hit. Now, it shows it incomplete but the achievements are still complete.

The problem I have now is that the game isn't registering that I completed the tales of tribute quest and is not allowing me to queue to play against other players.
    Options
  • Poss
    Poss
    ✭✭✭✭

Was there a story quest marker above the npc for the quests the zone guide says you’ve already completed?
    Options
  • birdmann1230

I had just finished the necrom overland achievements and quests, so that was done before the bug hit. Now, it shows it incomplete but the achievements are still complete.

The problem I have now is that the game isn't registering that I completed the tales of tribute quest and is not allowing me to queue to play against other players.

I have that problem also but it happened at the same time as the zone guide bug.

Was there a story quest marker above the npc for the quests the zone guide says you’ve already completed?

Not in Necrom, I’ve only seen it in a couple other zones and they weren’t main quests (I have every other quest done also). Follow your quest log if you’ve got one started you should be ok but I didn’t have that specific bug so I can’t speak on that issue though.
    Options
  • Poss
    Poss
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not in Necrom, I’ve only seen it in a couple other zones and they weren’t main quests (I have every other quest done also). Follow your quest log if you’ve got one started you should be ok but I didn’t have that specific bug so I can’t speak on that issue though.

Problem is, I haven’t started Necrom yet but the zone guide says I’ve completed 6 of the story quests. When I start a new area, I use the zone guide and it’ll tell me where the first NPC is for me to start. That’s not gonna work this time
    Options
  • birdmann1230

Problem is, I haven’t started Necrom yet but the zone guide says I’ve completed 6 of the story quests. When I start a new area, I use the zone guide and it’ll tell me where the first NPC is for me to start. That’s not gonna work this time

I think when I traveled to whatever the default wayshrine is in that zone (I want to say it’s the Necrom Outskirts) the NPC is right there to talk to. I don’t know if that will override the zone guide issue for you or not. Hopefully we have a resolution soon. If it’s related to the pvp event( that’s over on Tuesday.
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think when I traveled to whatever the default wayshrine is in that zone (I want to say it’s the Necrom Outskirts) the NPC is right there to talk to. I don’t know if that will override the zone guide issue for you or not. Hopefully we have a resolution soon. If it’s related to the pvp event( that’s over on Tuesday.

It happened mid event for me on Xbox. Actually seemed to correspond to the maintenance we had this week.
    Options
  • Poss
    Poss
    ✭✭✭✭
    It happened mid event for me on Xbox. Actually seemed to correspond to the maintenance we had this week.

Maintenance finished around 2pm my time and I was questing 10 hours later trying to complete Vvardenfell and I didn’t have the bug. Mine seemed to correspond with purchasing something from the Crown store. I left Cyrodiil, headed to Vvardenfell, bought that new arms pack and that’s when I noticed my Vvardenfell map was inaccurate

Options
  • Sikon
    Sikon
    ✭✭✭
    same for me since yesterday evening where the server login was bugged again. I could not log in and now this morning when I logged on again same happened. Alot of quests not unlocked anymore including the ToT pre Quest, so I cannot start the Cardgame anylonger... seems to be an issue for weeks now and no reply of @ZOS?
    "Both light and shadow can be deadly, though only one chases the other.""Eyes open and walk with the shadows."
    Options
  • bunnydaisuki
    bunnydaisuki
    ✭✭✭
    An update on my ticket, here is the response from the support after I insist that they should be looking into this post:

Thank you for that information. We're going to go ahead and move this ticket to the developers but do be aware that they will not reply to the ticket but will investigate the matter. Any updates on the matter will be posted on the forums.

Hopefully, we can get some updates soon. *fingers crossed*
    Options
  • smdalyb14_ESO
    smdalyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Just noticed this issue on my account today - been going kind of heavy on PvP during the event so no idea when it started. My main character who has completed all main story quests/dungeons/trials has many of them showing incomplete, and the zone guide indicates most main stories as not started.

Submitted a ticket; glad I appear not to be the only one and hopefully action will be taken to correct this.
    Options
  • s8nhimself
    s8nhimself
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same issue and for me it happened on the 5th when I was doing Imperial city main quest. I have completed almost every other zone and now it's gone. Similarly, my map shows partial completion of Necrom questline which I haven't visited. I have sent a few tickets as of now and have not received any response from support.

The other day saw an old post that I think is similar to this issue and I wanted to know how it was solved, and if it could be solved. Here's the post https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/464009/zone-guide-broken-imperial-city-main-quest-chain
    Options
  • bunnydaisuki
    bunnydaisuki
    ✭✭✭
    s8nhimself wrote: »
    I have the same issue and for me it happened on the 5th when I was doing Imperial city main quest. I have completed almost every other zone and now it's gone. Similarly, my map shows partial completion of Necrom questline which I haven't visited. I have sent a few tickets as of now and have not received any response from support.

The other day saw an old post that I think is similar to this issue and I wanted to know how it was solved, and if it could be solved. Here's the post https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/464009/zone-guide-broken-imperial-city-main-quest-chain

Now you mentioned it, I realized it's the same for me in IC as well. I'm feeling pessimistic about getting this fixed, if this bug has exists for such a long time.
    Options