Crown Crates no longer giftable?

• Darzaka
    Darzaka
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno

Are you going to bring back the crates people missed due to this bug? A simple yes or no would suffice.
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »
    Kiyakotari wrote: »
    Back in the days of yore, before the Crown Store had gifting, we had a different way of doing this thing. It involved sending a ticket (through the website) to customer service, getting an auto-reply that was useless, replying to that, waiting several days for another reply, engaging in some back-and-forth that took up several more days, and eventually having crowns deducted from one account and the desired item(s) gifted to another account. It was clunky, but it was...functionalish.

I suspect that a return to this system is the "temporary solution" that's being worked out. While that's all fine and dandy, the crown selling market has evolved significantly since those days, due to direct store gifting. Using gold to buy crowns from people already carried an element of risk. How much will that risk be increased if people have to wait days for ZOS Customer Service to actually handle the transaction? Will there be more safeguards in place for players making these gold purchases, due to this increased risk of scamming?

They might have it so that both the gold and the crowns gets sent to ZOS first. And then the gold is dispensed into the seller's mailbox in-game from ZOS. And the buyer would get the crown item directly given to them by ZOS. That would be the safest, because it would mean ZOS is the mediator holding all the things.
    You realise also that ZOS will definitely charge a broker's fee for such transactions, and that as the only available broker they could charge whatever fee they want? Be careful what you wish for.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    Options
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Greetings everyone!

We've removed some posts from this thread as they violated our rules on Baiting and Discussing Disciplinary Actions. We understand that everyone has their own opinions they want to express, but we also want the forums to be a constructive platform for ESO and its community.

If you ever have questions or concerns about a disciplinary action or decision we have made on the ESO forums, or wish to appeal a forum warning or infraction you’ve received, we ask that you please contact https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/ to do so (please specify that you are contacting about a forum-related inquiry or appeal). We are happy to discuss and review specific moderation-related actions with you, but we do not allow discussion of any moderation actions or decisions on our forums.

Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • muscle_witch
    muscle_witch
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Lunar wrote: »
    If you ever have questions or concerns about a disciplinary action or decision we have made on the ESO forums, or wish to appeal a forum warning or infraction you’ve received, we ask that you please contact https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/ to do so (please specify that you are contacting about a forum-related inquiry or appeal). We are happy to discuss and review specific moderation-related actions with you, but we do not allow discussion of any moderation actions or decisions on our forums.

Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.

I've submitted at least three different requests of that nature and they have all been left unanswered, so this is patently false
    Edited by muscle_witch on June 29, 2023 2:07PM
    Options
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Lunar wrote: »
    We are happy to discuss and review specific moderation-related actions with you, but we do not allow discussion of any moderation actions or decisions on our forums.

I've submitted at least three different requests of that nature and they have all been left unanswered, so this is patently false

Same, my tickets have been left unanswered/unresolved and no one is responding to private messages.

Edit: After this post Zos_Lunar responded to my recent messages.
    Edited by SimonThesis on June 29, 2023 6:44PM
    Options
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nihilr wrote: »
    One of the theories is that people were buying in-game "gold" with real currency on 3rd party sites, circumventing the store entirely to buy crowns, and purchasing crowns from subscribers who don't use crowns. Thus, instead of making 2 subscribers, they got 1, and the 2nd still got crowns and some 3rd party got paid real money (against the ToS).

Disclaimer: This is by no means a statement of fact, but I NEVER suggest doing the above as it is a bannable offense. They are able to track and decipher which users are doing this. Don't be an idiot.

It doesn't seem like this would be Crate-specific or platform-specific, either. People like me who are on a limited income use available time to play, farm gold, and then use their gold in-game to buy many things from the store, not just Crates. But only Crate gifting was disabled, and only on Mac/PC. I think there must be another answer, I just hope they explain what's going on at some point.
    Options
  • DocWhoLaughs
    DocWhoLaughs
    Soul Shriven
    I stopped playing this game after the first month of crates being “bugged” and it’s still not fixed almost 3 months later🤣🤣🤣looks like I won’t be renewing my ESO + until another 2-4 months when it’s hopefully fixed.
    Options
  • Darzaka
    Darzaka
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Lunar

Are you going to bring back the crates people missed due to this bug? A simple yes or no would suffice.
    Options
  • Diomed22
    Diomed22
    Soul Shriven
    I’m wondering how you can mock people like that, write all sorts of meaningless posts, when there’s work for 1 minute, it’s just ridiculous, I left the game for like 2 months and I don’t regret it, I wish everyone else to switch to other projects
    Options
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ESO economy is screwed they should just create a new in-game currency you use to buy important in-game items, this new currency cannot be farmed and must be earnt by playing content. Change the guild trader system so gold isnt used. It will put everyone back on a level playing field and reset the economy.

Make gold completely worthless so there is no need to exchange it for crowns.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
    Options
  • sparxys
    sparxys
    ✭✭
    The ESO economy is screwed they should just create a new in-game currency you use to buy important in-game items, this new currency cannot be farmed and must be earnt by playing content. Change the guild trader system so gold isnt used. It will put everyone back on a level playing field and reset the economy.

Make gold completely worthless so there is no need to exchange it for crowns.

Pretty sure that would completely kill the game, at least for some people.

A better alternative would be to have a separate store that consists of items you can buy with another earnable currency. Like an expanded version of the Seals of Endeavour store, but with more items and more ways to earn the currency.

One idea that could work is to have a constant way to ear the currency that doesn't cap like the current seals do, but to cap the amount of currency you can hold at any given time (similar to event tickets). So you could buy a mount for 10k currency and the cap could be ~15/20k.

Ways of earning the currency should be diverse as to not reward only one specific play style, but make it more rewarding for difficult content/massive achievements (IE Holding Emperor at the and of a cyro campaign or finishing a trifecta vet trial).

Winning BGs or winning ToT could also give this currency, and the leaderboards rewards should also give you some of that currency.

Ofc it shouldn't be limited only to leaderboards PVP or ToT, these should be the ways to gain a large amount of currency by being good at the game, but completing achievements, zone story lines, guild quest lines, dailies etc etc should offer some as well.

This way everyone will be able to just play the game and gain cosmetics and mounts, whilst also rewarding really good players by giving them fast ways to acquire whatever it is they want to buy.

The store itself could be something like the Golden Vendor, Luxury Furniture, or something in the UI like the crown store, with a bi-weekly rotation of items or a monthly rotation to give people time to get what they want. The items themselves could be from old crown crates, or if they're feeling generous it would be cool to have a completely unique selection of mounts, customized actions, styles, furniture, skins etc. made especially for the store.

I know it probably won't happen, or at least not anytime soon, but this would be a great way to offer better in-game rewards and keeping players engaged with the game while they're working on adding new story and dungeon content.
    Gib me funny itemz 💅 slay 💅
    Options
  • sparxys
    sparxys
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin any news on that workaround? 😳😳
    Gib me funny itemz 💅 slay 💅
    Options
  • mattaeus01b16_ESO
    mattaeus01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    sparxys wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin any news on that workaround? 😳😳

Yeah, 4 months to get to this point? [snip] Id like it to, but... and I know... That no one I know would be willing to waist there time to call into a call center to verify that they are who they are and live where they do.

A few people have shed some light on why/whats going on. [snip]

Come on @ZOS_Kevin ... Daddy wants a new pair of shoes, and its to far away for me to reach. ANYTHING that actually resembles a FIX in the near future??

[edited for conspiracy theories]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on July 6, 2023 2:06PM
    Options
  • rottenlittlecreature
    sparxys wrote: »
    A better alternative would be to have a separate store that consists of items you can buy with another earnable currency. Like an expanded version of the Seals of Endeavour store, but with more items and more ways to earn the currency.

Given how much it seems to take for them to add the little bit of earnable cool stuff by way of seals of endeavor(which to me feel a bit insulting in their extreme earn limits) and the occasional antiquity or event ticket item, this gave me a hearty chuckle. There's such an unbelievably slim chance they'll ever give more than what they do now. They're a business though, and this is one of the ways they choose to make money. It might be frustrating and at times pretty icky but eh. That's capitalism for ya. Plenty of players don't care or still choose to play and support it and as long as they do there's not a need for them to change things.

I just wish they'd acknowledge whether they have any real interest in player opinion about earnable cool stuff that doesn't cost real money so people stop holding hope and getting upset when we have situations like this crate gifting nonsense. Be up front about it so people can manage their expectations better ya know? "We have no intention of changing the landscape of earnable rewards vs crown items" vs *cricket silence overwhelmed by people being constantly upset*. I get why they don't, but man does it feel a little silly to me to do things that just make more hostility and work for themselves.

Speaking of being up front and acknowledging stuff - sure would be really sweet to have some kind of acknowledgement about the many many times folks have asked on this thread if we'll be getting prompt re-runs of all the missed crates during this mess. @ZOS_Kevin Hiii! While I know you owe us literally nothing, it's still a bit rude to outright ignore people asking a valid question. A simple "We hear you, we're considering it, and we'll let you know when the workaround/fix is in place" would be brief, professional, courteous, and help people manage their expectations. Updates have been getting slightly better, which is appreciated, but the intentional avoidance of this does still stand out.
    Options
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [no one I know would be willing to waist there time to call into a call center to verify that they are who they are and live where they do.

Wait...this implies that the fraud issue might be people stealing crowns from other players somehow (aside from scamming, which has been around a while)? I am so confused at this point. I really hope once it's solved, ZOS is able to explain it to us.
    Options
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this hurt them financially wouldn't they come up with a workaround sooner? Somehow I don't think they would let something like this go for so long if it was really impacting their bottom line.
    Options
  • Avishag
    Avishag
    ✭✭✭
    So any news?.. I just farmed enough gold to get 8 craitses
    Options
  • wyemhu12
    wyemhu12
    Soul Shriven
    The lack of communication is real. I thought it was only a myth.
    Options
  • mattaeus01b16_ESO
    mattaeus01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    [no one I know would be willing to waist there time to call into a call center to verify that they are who they are and live where they do.

Wait...this implies that the fraud issue might be people stealing crowns from other players somehow (aside from scamming, which has been around a while)? I am so confused at this point. I really hope once it's solved, ZOS is able to explain it to us.

Im pretty sure I said nothing about STEALING or FRAUD . They just have better [snip] to do.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 8, 2023 4:41PM
    Options
  • mattaeus01b16_ESO
    mattaeus01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    If this hurt them financially wouldn't they come up with a workaround sooner? Somehow I don't think they would let something like this go for so long if it was really impacting their bottom line.

They already addressed the base issue a while back. But players are more clever then ZoS?
    Options
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If there are technical, legal, or strategic issues, they can all slow down a timeline. I feel like it's overly optimistic to say anything that loses a company money would be fixed instantly. If anything, this says maybe it doesn't hurt them financially in a huge, catastrophic way.

None of us know what's going on, and the more people try to theorize, the higher amount of conflicting theories we get. Overall, it seems like the most cynical answers are being valued over the most sound and evidence-based ones. Which is definitely more entertaining lol.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
    Options
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If there are technical, legal, or strategic issues, they can all slow down a timeline. I feel like it's overly optimistic to say anything that loses a company money would be fixed instantly.

There's a difference between instantly and four months, and I'm not referring to the original issue but the interim workaround they mentioned a while back.
    Options
  • TheElderScrollsGod
    In the domain where Elder Scrolls unfurl,
    Among gamers, the legends are swirled.
    A query is posed, a grievance disclosed,
    @ZOS_Kevin, echoes the virtual world.

Hear ye, oh Lords of ZeniMax throne,
    To thee, we voice our weary groan.
    For Crown Crates sought, and never bought,
    A simple response alone would atone.

The threads of chatrooms, the pulse of debate,
    A virtual storm does brew in this state.
    The missed Crown Crates, the fickle fates,
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, we patiently await.

Players lament, their pleas fall short,
    The silence stirs a bitter report.
    The wait is long, the silence wrong,
    In this silent game of tech-support.

The golden coins and crowns held dear,
    In the realm of ESO, they disappear.
    To ZOS first, yet players thirst,
    The currency confusion is clear.

The marketplace, a faded song,
    In the balance of right and wrong.
    The broker's fee, for transactions, you see,
    Fuels the fear of a system gone long.

A bug, a glitch, a system's quirk,
    Lurks behind each unanswered work.
    The calls, the tickets, the unresolved pickets,
    In the silence, frustration does lurk.

Hear our query, oh scribes of code,
    On the path where digital knights rode.
    The Crown Crates missed, their existence dismissed,
    The question carries a heavy load.

Dawn breaks, yet the issue remains,
    The silence, a ghost that pains.
    Oh, @ZOS_Kevin, to you is given,
    The chance to break these chains.

Respond, oh Lords, to your subjects' cries,
    Under the boundless, digital skies.
    Return the Crown Crates to their rightful fates,
    And bring peace to these virtual ties.
    Options
  • Levi_the_Defiler
    please... i have so much gold... and no where to spend it... i NEED to use it on them CRATES
    Options
  • tafer14
    tafer14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    use it on me!
    Options
  • wyemhu12
    wyemhu12
    Soul Shriven
    burry me in your gold
    Options
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have about 200 mil gold, can you please turn this gifting back on. :D
    Options
  • Nihilr
    Nihilr
    ✭✭✭

It doesn't seem like this would be Crate-specific or platform-specific, either. People like me who are on a limited income use available time to play, farm gold, and then use their gold in-game to buy many things from the store, not just Crates. But only Crate gifting was disabled, and only on Mac/PC. I think there must be another answer, I just hope they explain what's going on at some point.

It wouldn't be, but crates are a HUGE moneymaker for ZoS. If there's a gold&crate black market going on, that's a huge deal. The commodity of crates is higher than the DLC's and basic crown store items. If they stopped gifting ENTIRELY, that'd be far worse--but I think they've narrowed it down to the crates as being their loss-leader in whatever fraud is going on.
    Options
  • dosco
    dosco
    ✭✭✭
    Have there been any updates after the one on the June 23 that i maybe missed just now or was that the last one?
    Cause if it was then it's been almost 2 weeks since they were "in the final stages of getting the temporary solution finalized". How about an update?
    "We are getting the necessary checks from various teams to make sure the process is ready" - this doesn't sounds like it would take several more weeks?
    Options
  • Levi_the_Defiler
    just re-enable gifting bro its not that deep
    Options
This discussion has been closed.