The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bow Skill Line Needs an Update

QB1
QB1
✭✭
The bow skill line has been lackluster for a long time. The weapon simply just isn’t that effective in PvE or PvP 🤷‍♂️ Kinda sad for those of us who enjoy playing archer types
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Search "eso bow pvp build" in youtube. It isn't that bad. Replace pvp with pve in youbue request and there will be some dps stuff. Most recent is bow/bow stamsorc 120k Necrom parse, as I see it.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree. I play a couple one bar bow only archers (warden and sorc) and both of them slot exactly zero bow skills. There are just better options from other skill/class lines that often include better passive perks as well.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    Search "eso bow pvp build" in youtube. It isn't that bad. Replace pvp with pve in youbue request and there will be some dps stuff. Most recent is bow/bow stamsorc 120k Necrom parse, as I see it.

Good information that should help OP.
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see a Bow Passive that pertains to Heavy Attacks. For instance,
    • Bow
      • Passive - Ricochet
        • Fully charged Heavy attacks, dealt at a close range (< 10m), damage up to 1 other nearby enemy for 100% of the damage inflicted to the primary target and stuns that enemy for 2 seconds.

Also, they could stand to take a look at Scatter Shot and re-evaluate its utilization. It seems a bit under used and very lack luster. Magnum Shot morph really just does damage... but it's too expensive and the damage is worse then almost every alternative. Draining Shot morph is pretty good, but still costs too much I think. Both would really benefit from just reducing the cost since as is, it's just too expensive!
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What exactly do you want to change? I think Hawkeye could have it's duration increased and the Accuracy passive could have it's value increased bit.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • QB1
    QB1
    ✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »
    What exactly do you want to change? I think Hawkeye could have it's duration increased and the Accuracy passive could have it's value increased bit.

I agree with you! I would be happy with either or both of your suggestions.

Here’s one change I suggested a while back in another post:

Bow Passive “Long Shots”:Gives you a damage bonus of up to 12% against enemies at longer range

Currently, this passive only works with bow abilities.

I'd love to just see the "with bow abilities" part changed to "with a bow equipped.” It would fall in line more with other weapons that players use on the front bar for damage. Two handers grant you flat spell damage/weapon damage/penetration/etc, allowing them to be used by both stamina and magicka builds, same with dual wield. Inferno staff grants a flat 10% increased damage with all single-target abilities (not just destruction staff abilities), and lightning staff increases damage done by 10% with all area of effect abilities.

Giving bow users a flat damage increase to all long-range abilities would be a unique and much-needed buff -- especially to everyone who wants to use a bow as their main source of damage and not just a back-bar option. It would also help put them in line with some of the other weapons mentioned.
    Edited by QB1 on June 11, 2023 4:44AM
  • QB1
    QB1
    ✭✭
    Billium813 wrote: »
    I would like to see a Bow Passive that pertains to Heavy Attacks. For instance,
    • Bow
      • Passive - Ricochet
        • Fully charged Heavy attacks, dealt at a close range (< 10m), damage up to 1 other nearby enemy for 100% of the damage inflicted to the primary target and stuns that enemy for 2 seconds.

Also, they could stand to take a look at Scatter Shot and re-evaluate its utilization. It seems a bit under used and very lack luster. Magnum Shot morph really just does damage... but it's too expensive and the damage is worse then almost every alternative. Draining Shot morph is pretty good, but still costs too much I think. Both would really benefit from just reducing the cost since as is, it's just too expensive!

Completely agree in regard to scatter shot and its morphs. And I like your ricochet passive idea! I think the bow passives could be updated/reworked a little bit