Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Reconstructed mythics can no longer be deconstructed..

boi_anachronism_
boi_anachronism_
✭✭✭✭✭
Like title says
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mythics have never been able to be deconstructed. Even if you destroy them you still don't get the transmute crystals back. This has been brought up before but I don't remember their reasoning for not allowing it. Maybe because they don't want people getting free transmute crystals from deconstructing the Mythics assembled from antiquities.
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    N00BxV1 wrote: »
    Mythics have never been able to be deconstructed. Even if you destroy them you still don't get the transmute crystals back. This has been brought up before but I don't remember their reasoning for not allowing it. Maybe because they don't want people getting free transmute crystals from deconstructing the Mythics assembled from antiquities.

Mythics assembled from antiquity don't have reconstructed flag so you cant get transmute crystal even if could be deconstructed.
    But I agree that it would be much easier than filling out a collection, since mythic only costs 25 crystals to reconstruct. When you store your crystals in the form of reconstructed gear.
    So maybe that's why they can't be deconstructed, even if it makes no sense why not.
    Because, theoretical example: if you disassemble a mythic from antiquity, you only get some material (we can think of it as gold gear) and when you reconstruct the mythic, you also get crystals. I think that would be the logical solution. Not that you can just take the mythic and throw it away. I have a bunch of mythics that have been useless to me for a long time.
    Edited by davidtk on April 24, 2023 9:35AM
    Really sorry for my english
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davidtk wrote: »

Mythics assembled from antiquity don't have reconstructed flag so you cant get transmute crystal even if could be deconstructed.
    But I agree that it would be much easier than filling out a collection, since mythic only costs 25 crystals to reconstruct. When you store your crystals in the form of reconstructed gear.
    So maybe that's why they can't be deconstructed, even if it makes no sense why not.
    Because, theoretical example: if you disassemble a mythic from antiquity, you only get some material (we can think of it as gold gear) and when you reconstruct the mythic, you also get crystals. I think that would be the logical solution. Not that you can just take the mythic and throw it away. I have a bunch of mythics that have been useless to me for a long time.

No this is a reconstructed mythic not the original and you were able to do it for ages. It's a recent thing.

• virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

No this is a reconstructed mythic not the original and you were able to do it for ages. It's a recent thing.

I have never been able to deconstruct my 17 reconstructed Rings of the Wild Hunt, and I tried shortly after that debuted.

If it was possible, it was only for a short time.

ETA: reports go back to at least September of 2020 (Markarth/Update 28 PTS), when reconstruction was first introduced, showing these can't be deconned.

September 2020: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6961642/#Comment_6961642

November 2020: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/552801/cant-deconstruct-reconstructed-items-bug

April 2021: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/569369/deconstructing-mythic-items

To the best of my knowledge, ZOS has never acknowledged this either way as a bug or as intended.
    Edited by virtus753 on April 25, 2023 4:42PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It has never been a thing. Mythics have never been deconstrucable in any fashion.
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry you are wrong. It was changed in May of last year. I have been able to decon ring of the pale many times in the past. Weather it was a bug or not remains to be seen but you are still wrong.
    Edited by boi_anachronism_ on May 2, 2023 3:36AM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry you are wrong. It was changed in May of last year. I have been able to decon ring of the pale many times in the past. Weather it was a bug or not remains to be seen but you are still wrong.

@virtus linked three threads, one from the PTS when reconstruction was being tested and two after that feature went live. All three threads clearly state that the players were not able to deconstruct mythic rings to get transmutes back.

That is clear evidence that this has been a thing for a while and nothing has been presented that says otherwise.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There wasn't even a patch in May of last year to change anything.

And no, it wasn't changed because there was nothing to change.
  • Jakk
    Jakk
    Soul Shriven
    Mythics were 100% deconstructable, you received 25 transmutes for it.
    I have personally made, and deconstructed many as a means of storing crystals over crystal cap, because 25 in 1 slot is much better than geodes with 4-10 crystals in them.

I am without a shred of doubt, 1000%, have personally deconstructed many for the transmutes, entirely certain that it was definitely a thing, guaranteed.

And it has only been changed in the last 3-9 months (now I have a bunch of mythics wasting space).
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They were deconstructable. I've done many and then recently I tried and they don't even come up on the list as an option to deconstruct.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have never been able to deconstruct a mythic. I'm now starting to wonder if it was something specific such as (and I'm making this up, no idea where people play) only on xbox servers or similar, as some people are sure they could, and some sure they couldn't
    Soupy twist
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »
    I have never been able to deconstruct a mythic. I'm now starting to wonder if it was something specific such as (and I'm making this up, no idea where people play) only on xbox servers or similar, as some people are sure they could, and some sure they couldn't

It's not on xbox servers. Not once since it was introduced has a mythic item been deconstructable.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The funniest part of this is, I literally participated in one of those threads, complaining that they were not deconstrucable:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/592446/mythic-items-not-deconstructible-anyone-know-why/p1

"I wouldn't even say it is about storing the transmutes. My issue with being unable to deconstruct is any time I make construct one I am basically losing 25 crystals forever. They are the only set pieces in the game that punish you for reconstructing, which greatly limits the capability to test out different mythics or even traits of the mythics in a build. "

That's a post from 2021... Nothing has changed since then.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a video, but I remember they were deconstructable, because people used that system to store overflowing transmute crystals.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    I don't have a video, but I remember they were deconstructable, because people used that system to store overflowing transmute crystals.

People reconstructed a ton of mythics, with the intent to store them that way, and then found they couldn't deconstruct them, and raged on the forums over it.

What people who actually store and deconstruct do, is use either arena weapons or monster set pieces they have stickerbook completed on.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »

you can do this with any item

theres actually a lot of "1 piece" sets that would work like this (bow or resto staff arena weapons for example are sets with only 1 item)

or you could do it with any set you have 100% collected, really doesnt matter as long as its not a mythic and the transmute cost is 25

as per others in the thread, ive never been able to deconstruct a mythic even since mythics were released, i even have a storage chest in my house for the mythics because i cant decon them and dont really want to destroy them
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I never have been able to deconstruct a mythic either.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Jakk
    Jakk
    Soul Shriven
    fizl101 wrote: »

I'm ps5 NA, and have personally deconstructed many mythics... I can't anymore, they just don't show in the list now... but like I can't be more positive it was do-able... I literally used wild hunt rings as transmute storage and deconstructed them first hand.
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

Wrong again as pointed out by many folks here. My buddy cookieslayerz used to store his extra transmutes this way as did I. It was easy because you only needed a single item not a whole set to make it work. As I said before it may well have been a bug that affected some folks and not others but it is a plain fact that some were able to do it. Just cause you say it doesn't make it true my dude.
    Edited by boi_anachronism_ on May 5, 2023 4:15PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wrong again as pointed out by many folks here. My buddy cookieslayerz used to store his extra transmutes this way as did I. It was easy because you only needed a single item not a whole set to make it work. As I said before it may well have been a bug that affected some folks and not others but it is a plain fact that some were able to do it. Just cause you say it doesn't make it true my dude.

All anyone who says they have done this have shown is annecdotal stories, whereas those of us saying that it has never been possible have shown threads going back to PTS when the stickerbook was implemented showing that players have never been able to do this. A mythic item has never been deconstrucable. Reconstructable, absolutely, but you lose your transmutes the moment you do it.

At the end of the day, good riddance if they did indeed fix a bug that allowed you to exploit an unintended mechanic with mythics (they didn't because it was never a functional thing anyone could ever do). You can store transmutes like the rest of players using monster pieces or arena pieces.
    Edited by jaws343 on May 5, 2023 4:55PM
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All anyone who says they have done this have shown is annecdotal stories, whereas those of us saying that it has never been possible have shown threads going back to PTS when the stickerbook was implemented showing that players have never been able to do this. A mythic item has never been deconstrucable. Reconstructable, absolutely, but you lose your transmutes the moment you do it.

At the end of the day, good riddance if they did indeed fix a bug that allowed you to exploit an unintended mechanic with mythics (they didn't because it was never a functional thing anyone could ever do). You can store transmutes like the rest of players using monster pieces or arena pieces.

YES. IT. WAS. Full stop. Just because you couldnt doesnt mean no one could. [snip]

[edited for minor flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 12, 2023 6:48PM
  • Jakk
    Jakk
    Soul Shriven
    Yeahhhh I don't why you'd think anyone would come here to lie about it? Lol...

And, it's not really abuse of a bug, like you can literally do it with ANY other set. A mythic is literally just a 1pc set. You get no gain, no loss... so not sure why you're taking some macho 'abuse a bug' stance lol.

At the end of the day, all your links is just people saying they can't deconstruct. Maybe they didn't check? Where's their proof? Maybe they never tried, maybe it was for a few patches between and they only tried before and are going off outdated knowledge?
    I already trashed my mythics, I got thousands stored elsewhere as arena weaps and geodes. I dont care, i dont want them back, I'm gappy theyre gone. I literally got no reason to lie or waste my time even arguing the fact.
    But I KNOW FOR 100% FACT I personally deconstructed mythics for transmutes.
    Sorry I dont record every single action I do incase I need to provide proof of mundane activities [snip] lol, but I got no reason to lie.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 12, 2023 6:49PM
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you. Why on earth would i come here to lie about something so trival.
  • ShawnF
    ShawnF
    ✭✭✭
    Everybody saying it never worked is very sure of themselves, but it definitely used to work on playstation and does not anymore.

Based on comments it seems possible it never worked on PC but did work on console. Anyone care to chime in with their platform instead of shouting that others are wrong? We're not all making this up - it was a reliable way to store excess transmutes, and it stopped working with no change in the patch notes.
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^ good point. I never considered that.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i don't remember ever having the ability to deconstruct mythic items on playstation.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ve never been able to deconstruct them on ps eu
    Soupy twist
  • Tigertron
    Tigertron
    ✭✭✭✭
    It never was able to be done. I specifically tried it on PTS when it was introduced to test it and saw it could not be done so I knew to save crystals for only items I wanted to keep.

Other items that are single item sets like Maelstrom bow can be deconned to get all 25 crystals back. But never mythics.
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigertron wrote: »
    It never was able to be done. I specifically tried it on PTS when it was introduced to test it and saw it could not be done so I knew to save crystals for only items I wanted to keep.

Other items that are single item sets like Maelstrom bow can be deconned to get all 25 crystals back. But never mythics.

Pts. Meaning pc. As has been mentioned it was likely a bug some experienced on console.
    Edited by boi_anachronism_ on May 25, 2023 4:24PM