The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mythic Items not deconstructible? Anyone know why?

StytchFingal
StytchFingal
✭✭✭
Does anyone know why Mythics, whether original or reconstructed, cannot be deconstructed? They don't even show up in the deconstruct window at crafting stations. I've found this thread in Bug Reports about it, but there are no answers or ZoS comments there or in another thread that one links to on the same matter.
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably cause we cannot upgrade past legendary(gold),so recontructing would be lower than what we can do.They'd have o either change it to a higher cost of stones for full reconstruction,or make a new upgrade level and mats for it.
  • Chips_Ahoy
    Chips_Ahoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At some point someone by "mistake" could deconstruct a mythical item and then blame ZOS for their own stupidity.

It has already happened with other items.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It honestly makes sense. What would you expect to get out of them, the leads you combined to make them in the first place? They aren't normal gear, heck, they are orange, not gold, so there really are no traditional mats associated with them other than I guess trait items, but there is never a scenario where you actually spend a trait item to create one. You make from scratch by combining 5 leads. You reconstruct by spending transmutes. Those are really the only input devices.

If storing transmutes is your goal, you can use something like monster shoulders for that purpose.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on November 30, 2021 12:12AM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this becomes a bit more of an issue when it's a reconstructed item. What you would get out of it would be the 25 transmutes you put into it to make it. At this point in time, we can reconstruct mythics, but then just destroy them later on, losing the transmute crystals.

I look at it more as an inconsistency than anything else. I agree that deconstucting an original mythic could be troublesome as you wouldn't have any appropriate upgrade materials to harvest from it, but now with reconstruction, I'm not sure the mistake of deconstrucing one is all that penalizing overall.

Those asking for the ability to deconstruct mythics are likely concerned about the transmute crystals. I don't think anyone wants to decon them back into the 5 leads.
  • StytchFingal
    StytchFingal
    ✭✭✭
    It honestly makes sense. What would you expect to get out of them, the leads you combined to make them in the first place? They aren't normal gear, heck, they are orange, not gold, so there really are no traditional mats associated with them other than I guess trait items, but there is never a scenario where you actually spend a trait item to create one. You make from scratch by combining 5 leads. You reconstruct by spending transmutes. Those are really the only input devices.

If storing transmutes is your goal, you can use something like monster shoulders for that purpose.

Inventory space, of course! ZoS sees that as valuable enough to players that they charge crowns for pets that will expand it by 5 slots. And reuse of the transmutes used to make copies for various characters.

It would have been nice to know before making copies that the transmutes were a sunk cost.

Oh well, I guess I'll be able to bite the bullet and choose Destroy if it becomes necessary. Even the loss of the transmutes is, in the end, preferable to grinding out any Mythic more than once per account.
  • StytchFingal
    StytchFingal
    ✭✭✭
    I think this becomes a bit more of an issue when it's a reconstructed item. What you would get out of it would be the 25 transmutes you put into it to make it. At this point in time, we can reconstruct mythics, but then just destroy them later on, losing the transmute crystals.

I look at it more as an inconsistency than anything else. I agree that deconstucting an original mythic could be troublesome as you wouldn't have any appropriate upgrade materials to harvest from it, but now with reconstruction, I'm not sure the mistake of deconstrucing one is all that penalizing overall.

Those asking for the ability to deconstruct mythics are likely concerned about the transmute crystals. I don't think anyone wants to decon them back into the 5 leads.

Yep, them being in the sticker book makes the inability to deconstruct them pretty senseless. Inane, even.
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even the in-game help menu states that Mythics could be deconstructed to get leads.
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't even say it is about storing the transmutes. My issue with being unable to deconstruct is any time I make construct one I am basically losing 25 crystals forever. They are the only set pieces in the game that punish you for reconstructing, which greatly limits the capability to test out different mythics or even traits of the mythics in a build.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I could see a desire to get crystals back out of the reconstructed ones if possible in the future. So far the only mythic items they have made unusable (that I have) are the Trashian Stranglers. Luckily I only ever got one set because I assumed they would get nerfed into oblivion.
    Playing since beta...
  • StytchFingal
    StytchFingal
    ✭✭✭
    Maitsukas wrote: »
    Even the in-game help menu states that Mythics could be deconstructed to get leads.

Where exactly? I looked just now under Antiquities and found that said anything to that effect.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think because ZOS didn't know what it should drop on decon. It counts as a gold quality item so maybe they didn't want us getting gold items from it? Whatever the case the only inconvenience is you don't get your 25 transmute crystals back when destroying a reconstructed mythic.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like all deconstruction you would only get a fraction of the transmutes back anyway.
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maitsukas wrote: »

Where exactly? I looked just now under Antiquities and found that said anything to that effect.

You can type "Mythic" into the search bar and it'll show up under "Item Sets."
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like all deconstruction you would only get a fraction of the transmutes back anyway.

Correction, like all deconstruction, you would get exactly 25 transmutes back.

Also, since mythics are all 1 item sets, they take 25 transmutes to create once you collect them.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am honestly shocked that we get transmutes out of anything we reconstruct and deconstruct. Seems very counter to their idea of capping transmutes. I don't mind, and I certainly use this method to store crystals, but I am surprised it was put into the game and even more surprised it has persisted.

I will agree that consistency favors giving back 25 crystals. Only thing perhaps is that mythics always cost 25 to reconstruct. Most other items cost more to make unless you have the whole book filled, but still only return 25. Perhaps there is some incentive there to fill a set in your book if you want to use this method to store crystals, but my guess is we are overthinking it. Haha.

Most likely, they just decided it would be easiest to keep them out of the crafting system other than a transmute station.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am honestly shocked that we get transmutes out of anything we reconstruct and deconstruct. Seems very counter to their idea of capping transmutes. I don't mind, and I certainly use this method to store crystals, but I am surprised it was put into the game and even more surprised it has persisted.

I will agree that consistency favors giving back 25 crystals. Only thing perhaps is that mythics always cost 25 to reconstruct. Most other items cost more to make unless you have the whole book filled, but still only return 25. Perhaps there is some incentive there to fill a set in your book if you want to use this method to store crystals, but my guess is we are overthinking it. Haha.

Most likely, they just decided it would be easiest to keep them out of the crafting system other than a transmute station.

You'd have a point if Restro staves didn't exist as sole items for reconstruction in arena sets. You only have to collect 1 item to reconstruct for 25 crystals.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also, since mythics are all 1 item sets, they take 25 transmutes to create once you collect them.

You don't get full mats back from regular deconstruction, you use 8 gold temps and get 1 back.
    Always been a rip. They would do the same thing with mythics if they allowed decon.
    Moot point because since you can't deconstruct no one can say for sure, but I count on ZOS trolling us.
    Edited by TequilaFire on November 30, 2021 6:32PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You don't get full mats back from regular deconstruction, you use 8 gold temps and get 1 back.
    Always been a rip. They would do the same thing with mythics if they allowed decon.

But, you also don't have to spend any mats outside of crystals for reconstruction either.

So, if you reconstruct a monster set, it is purple at base, and if you know all of the pieces, it only costs 25 crystals to reconstruct. Zero mat cost. If you want to upgrade to Gold, that is where the mat cost comes into play. And if you deconstruct it at purple you get your 25 crystals back.

So, as long as you are not upgrading a piece to a tier it cannot drop in, and as long as you have all items collected for a set, it will only cost 25 crystals to build and refunds 25 crystals at deconstruction. Net zero cost to make and decon.

Except mythics. They are the only items that don't follow the rules of the reconstruction system.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure what we would get back from a fresh (newly construced from leads) mythic item if we could deconstruct it. That may be the reason it can't be done. Typically you would get a chance at 1 upgrade material, but there are no upgrade materials associated with mythic tier. They have the same stats as a legendary (gold) item so the orange border is just aesthetic, not a measure of the stats on the item. They could just give a chance at a gold upgrade material if they wanted to. It's not like farming mythics specifically for gold materials through decon is a very efficient way of doing it.

Whether or not it's a rip is subjective. ZOS has an economy to consider. They certainly wouldn't be giving back all the mats and potentially all the transmutes with a deconstructed item, but there is a case to argue some middle ground between 1 and 8. We may see changes in the future to that ratio.

Edited for clarity.
    Edited by redspecter23 on November 30, 2021 6:45PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure what we would get back from a fresh mythic item if we could deconstruct it. That may be the reason it can't be done. Typically you would get a chance at 1 upgrade material, but there are no upgrade materials associated with mythic tier. They have the same stats as a legendary (gold) item so the orange border is just aesthetic, not a measure of the stats on the item. They could just give a chance at a gold upgrade material if they wanted to. It's not like farming mythics specifically for gold materials through decon is a very efficient way of doing it.

Whether or not it's a rip is subjective. ZOS has an economy to consider. They certainly wouldn't be giving back all the mats and potentially all the transmutes with a deconstructed item, but there is a case to argue some middle ground between 1 and 8. We may see changes in the future to that ratio.

You'd get the same thing back that you get when you deconstruct a monster set.

Monster sets reconstruct purple, always. They cost zero mats to reconstruct, and require 25 crystals if you have the full set.
    When you deconstruct a monster set that is purple, you get ZERO mats in return. You only get your 25 crystals back.
    The only time you get mats back for a deconstructed item is if you upgrade it. So if you reconstructed a monster set into gold, you get some gold mats in return because you actually have to spend gold mats to upgrade it.
    If you build a normal set piece, it reconstructs in blue, if you deconstruct it in blue you get ZERO mats back. Just the crystals.

So a Mythic would reconstruct in gold. You would decon it and only get Crystals back.

It's not that complicated, the system is already in place to treat items like this. They reconstruct in the base tier they drop and as long as you do not upgrade them to another tier, they do not cost any mats outside of crystals and they do not return any mats outside of crystals.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

I'm not sure what we would get back from a fresh mythic item if we could deconstruct it. That may be the reason it can't be done. Typically you would get a chance at 1 upgrade material, but there are no upgrade materials associated with mythic tier. They have the same stats as a legendary (gold) item so the orange border is just aesthetic, not a measure of the stats on the item. They could just give a chance at a gold upgrade material if they wanted to. It's not like farming mythics specifically for gold materials through decon is a very efficient way of doing it.

Monster sets reconstruct purple, always. They cost zero mats to reconstruct, and require 25 crystals if you have the full set.
    When you deconstruct a monster set that is purple, you get ZERO mats in return. You only get your 25 crystals back.
    The only time you get mats back for a deconstructed item is if you upgrade it. So if you reconstructed a monster set into gold, you get some gold mats in return because you actually have to spend gold mats to upgrade it.
    If you build a normal set piece, it reconstructs in blue, if you deconstruct it in blue you get ZERO mats back. Just the crystals.

So a Mythic would reconstruct in gold. You would decon it and only get Crystals back.

It's not that complicated, the system is already in place to treat items like this. They reconstruct in the base tier they drop and as long as you do not upgrade them to another tier, they do not cost any mats outside of crystals and they do not return any mats outside of crystals.

My point was with newly created mythic items. I used the word "fresh" but could have described it better. I agree with everything you mentioned about reconstructed mythics. I was speculating what someone might get back from a newly created (from leads), mythic item. In that case, you don't have the reconstruction penalties. New items have a chance at 1 of the appropriate upgrade materials from that tier. With mythic items being of orange quality, I suspect there are no upgrade materials associated with it. However, since the stats on a mythic item are identical to those on a legendary item, they could give back a chance at 1 legendary temper and it wouldn't be unbalanced due to how long it takes to create new mythics in general.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My point was with newly created mythic items. I used the word "fresh" but could have described it better. I agree with everything you mentioned about reconstructed mythics. I was speculating what someone might get back from a newly created (from leads), mythic item. In that case, you don't have the reconstruction penalties. New items have a chance at 1 of the appropriate upgrade materials from that tier. With mythic items being of orange quality, I suspect there are no upgrade materials associated with it. However, since the stats on a mythic item are identical to those on a legendary item, they could give back a chance at 1 legendary temper and it wouldn't be unbalanced due to how long it takes to create new mythics in general.

Ah, I see.

I could see that just awarding base mats honestly. You could farm mythics for gold mats if they provided upgrade materials on decon and I doubt they would want that.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah, I see.

I could see that just awarding base mats honestly. You could farm mythics for gold mats if they provided upgrade materials on decon and I doubt they would want that.

I'm trying to think of any of the current mythics that would be a good use of time to farm gold mats from deconstruction compared to other easier ways of acquiring gold currently. Maybe ring of the Wild Hunt? You would have a chance at a gold jewelry upgrade material (well 1/10th of a material) and even if you're exceptionally fast and lucky, that's at least an hour of farming those leads for about 20k gold. I'd consider that exceptionally low gold per minute compared to even just farming nodes to refine and sell. If you had a reasonable group, you could farm up a guaranteed gold jewelry piece to decon every 30 minutes or so from Vet Hel Ra. Just doing 2 sets of crafting writs will top 20k gold in most cases and that's about 7 minutes of time including load screens.
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In simple terms, it's a game flaw. You can read carefully more than 30 Natch Potes, big and small, since Greymoor (or at least from Markarth's and onwards, since it's when Reconstruction was implemented) an you won't find anything about this. The only thing you'll find is (in general terms, from memory) whenever you deconstruct a reconstructed item you will get 25 Transmutation Crystals back. Period.

We, players, should, in theory, play the game based on our experience with the game while supported by the communication the developers give us (the Natch Potes) but we often get prejudiced because at times something is fixed, nerfed, buffed, rolled back without being mentioned and we end up out, BY OURSELVES, only when's already late. And this IS wrong!!!

I won't blame the Community Management for these miscommunications, after all I want to believe they do their best with the information they have (Data! Data! Data! I can’t make bricks without clay).

But as with everything, you can and must plead with the Support. You may get a bot denial but if you have evidence proving ZOS was wrong, you may win the case, even if you get an impolitely polite answer in the end.
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mark as junk and delete the item.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You'd have a point if Restro staves didn't exist as sole items for reconstruction in arena sets. You only have to collect 1 item to reconstruct for 25 crystals.

I think we are really getting into the weeds, but sure, restos are by default 25. Haha. That said, you could run an arena a lot of times before you get one. Also, I did say Most other items. :wink:

Also, as important issues in this game go, this is somewhere between laughable and non-existent.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on November 30, 2021 9:37PM
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't even say it is about storing the transmutes. My issue with being unable to deconstruct is any time I make construct one I am basically losing 25 crystals forever. They are the only set pieces in the game that punish you for reconstructing, which greatly limits the capability to test out different mythics or even traits of the mythics in a build.

Ill give you the testing side of things, the pushback I suppose is that is why we have a PTS, not that that is a perfect solution all of the time. For the most part, we are talking about testing trait, and its almost always Divines or Bloodthirsty in PVE. In PVP, you usually have a pretty good idea about what traits you plan to run for a build, but certainly, there is more variance.

The other side of the coin is that transmutes are effectively gold without needing to be golded out. So if you really decide to change a trait of a mythic, a few runs of a RN and you are there. 25 Crystals just isnt that hard to get.

I simply don't reconstruct things that aren't gold quality. Once I make a gold item, I almost never decon it. You think losing the transmutes is bad, I think losing 7.5 gold mats on average is way worse. Haha. So for me, I view transmutes mostly as a sunk cost on any item I make. I do usually keep 30-40 monster helms I have made for the purposes of storing transmutes.

If I have any gripes about the decon system, its the pitiful return on gold mats. In fact, I would remove transmutes from the table completely, including the ability to store them, if we had a decent return when deconstructing gold items.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ill give you the testing side of things, the pushback I suppose is that is why we have a PTS, not that that is a perfect solution all of the time. For the most part, we are talking about testing trait, and its almost always Divines or Bloodthirsty in PVE. In PVP, you usually have a pretty good idea about what traits you plan to run for a build, but certainly, there is more variance.

The other side of the coin is that transmutes are effectively gold without needing to be golded out. So if you really decide to change a trait of a mythic, a few runs of a RN and you are there. 25 Crystals just isnt that hard to get.

I simply don't reconstruct things that aren't gold quality. Once I make a gold item, I almost never decon it. You think losing the transmutes is bad, I think losing 7.5 gold mats on average is way worse. Haha. So for me, I view transmutes mostly as a sunk cost on any item I make. I do usually keep 30-40 monster helms I have made for the purposes of storing transmutes.

If I have any gripes about the decon system, its the pitiful return on gold mats. In fact, I would remove transmutes from the table completely, including the ability to store them, if we had a decent return when deconstructing gold items.

PTS should never, in an circumstance, be seen as a viable solution to anything as long as it is only available for players on a single platform. I can never gain access to PTS on console, so I can never use it as a means to test builds.
  • TeruKisuke
    TeruKisuke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Umm, guys. It's not a bug. When Mythic items were first announced, they advertised that they couldn't be deconstructed. That's why I avoided them for a long time. I suppose it's been a while so everybody forgot...
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PTS should never, in an circumstance, be seen as a viable solution to anything as long as it is only available for players on a single platform. I can never gain access to PTS on console, so I can never use it as a means to test builds.

Anything I might say will turn this into a console vs PC debate. :grimace:

I did say I would give you the testing side of things. It's a legitimate gripe. I just don't see any of this as a massive issue if I am being honest. I like the system, I like mythics are relatively cheap to make, I like they dont need gold mats, I can count the number of mythics on 1 hand that I made and wish I had back. For as much as I have ranted on this thread, I view it as a non-issue. OP asked why, I gave my best guess as to why.