Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Dark Convergence is still totally out of balance, totally unreasonable set to exist in PvP

• NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    haelgaan wrote: »
    Dodge Roll still breaks PvP for everyone trying to play the game using actual skills.

It's used by trolls who think escaping Dark Convergence is easy

The free escape and avoidance of damage eliminates all player skill gaps and that just shouldn't be possible.

What do you think of players who hold block, and walk out of the DC? Are they also trolls?

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dodge Roll still breaks PvP for everyone trying to play the game using actual skills.

The free escape and avoidance of damage eliminates all player skill gaps and that just shouldn't be possible.

What do you think of players who hold block, and walk out of the DC? Are they also trolls?

Holding block and walking out of the effect is not possible during high population fights like during MYM events. There is too much lag and performance inconsistency to do anything to counter Dark Convergence, and that's the problem.
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Holding block and walking out of the effect is not possible during high population fights like during MYM events. There is too much lag and performance inconsistency to do anything to counter Dark Convergence, and that's the problem.

And this is why so many people run the set are considered to be trolls and so many players consider Dark Convergence to be an unethical set to use.
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm, been playing a lot during MYM, including peak hours and in lots of huge battles. Only on a couple of random occasions have I not been able to roll out of a DC, and that was probably because I was out of stam, not lag. All things considered, the lag is not that bad compared to the past when it was a complete slideshow in every battle regardless of MYM or not.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally, I run Gaze of Sithis and use streak to get out of DC procs. Works like 90% of the time, and the other 10 is if another player dies to the bomb early and everyone has to eat a VD proc before DC goes off.

The added benefit of streaking out is that it has a chance to stun the bomber before they can use their ult in conjunction with DC.

I've also made a habit of saving up a Negate in larger fights to drop on DC procs and shut down bombers.

That being said, while it is counterable enough, DC is very much still annoying. As is any skill/set that repositions a player, including chains and templar javelins.
  • BlakMarket
    BlakMarket
    ✭✭✭✭
    The set is designed to "punish people who stack" devs own words.

AVOID STACKING! You'll have 90% less problem with the set, also too many people still dodge roll just block, and cast your burst heal, finally if you do get bombed probably because you were stacking revive at the nearest keep/camp and keep playing, you dont die forever.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlakMarket wrote: »

AVOID STACKING! You'll have 90% less problem with the set, also too many people still dodge roll just block, and cast your burst heal, finally if you do get bombed probably because you were stacking revive at the nearest keep/camp and keep playing, you dont die forever.

I mean, that is fairly easy to say. Just avoid stacking.

But the reality is, the game literally forces you to stack to take or defend keep flags. If you aren't on the flags, you are not taking the keep or defending the keep.
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I decided to pop in for the MYM event. I haven't played since the last one - which caused me to leave the game in disgust for this very reason. Not to my surprise this stuff was still egregious and ever present. I don't even care about the damage or lack of damage. It's just the sheer annoyance of constantly having to keep yet another goddamned timer in the back of your mind and have all your ducks lined up for it in advance. It just makes the game annoying to play. Annoying games are not things I gather much enjoyment from so I tend to avoid them, as I will continue to do so with this one until they address this situation in the only sensible way possible.
  • langewapper
    langewapper
    ✭✭✭

so repairing walls or doors you do that solo ? have fun

• SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being able to pull other players around is fine as a skill. But it should cost resources and require the pull skill to be slotted. In addition, a pull should only pull one player, not an entire group. These free group pull sets are just bad game design.
  • KiltMaster
    KiltMaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just hold block and walk out of it. 90% of the time I get out safely. Just keep your head on a swivel
    PC/NA
    GM of "Kilts for Sale"
    Ebonheart Pact
    He/Him
  • BlakMarket
    BlakMarket
    ✭✭✭✭

so repairing walls or doors you do that solo ? have fun

You know you can repair the doors on the other side away from the stack????? My first MYM got bombed way too many times to ever rep doors from the inside with everyone else during MYM. Walls are a little harder I guess, but then again getting bombed while repping walls is extremely rare.

Also you can flip flags standing way off to the side while holding block.
    Edited by BlakMarket on May 21, 2023 1:39AM
  • BlakMarket
    BlakMarket
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

I mean, that is fairly easy to say. Just avoid stacking.

But the reality is, the game literally forces you to stack to take or defend keep flags. If you aren't on the flags, you are not taking the keep or defending the keep.

Thats really not true, you can stand quite far away from flags for it to flip also simply hold block while flipping flags if a lot of players are around. I get needing to explain this to newer players, but older players cmon.