Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of July 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dark Convergence is still totally out of balance, totally unreasonable set to exist in PvP

EdmondDontes
EdmondDontes
✭✭✭✭✭
As the title says, Dark Convergence still breaks PvP for everyone trying to play the game using actual skills.

It's only used by ball groups and trolls who think ranged bombing from stealth should be something that exists in a video game.

The free pull and the OP damage eliminates all player skill gaps and that just shouldn't be possible.
  • Sparxlost
    Sparxlost
    ✭✭✭
    i was looking at clips on the ESO official clup for Xbox, and 99% of what i am seeing is dark convergence nuking everyone......
    It honestly seems like an annoying set and obviously takes zero skill to pull off....
    I think it should be nerfed for sure
    option one
    remove the pull part of the ability as the effect doesnt take very long to activate...
    Option two
    make it an ability which is stuck to the caster...
    Options
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Harmony necro bombing was actually a thing long before the dark convergence set came out though.
    Options
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest problem I have with the set is 99% of the time when I get pulled into the epicenter all my actions get locked out. Dodge roll, break free, skills, potions, movement keys, etc get completely shutdown. It’s that zero counter play to it that is the issue for me.

And size of it is too large for the short time frame given to react before the pull begins. If players are in the center when it goes down it’s almost impossible to dodge roll out of the area before the pull starts.
    Options
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The set is outperforming any other set in lag. Can not even break free from its pull let alone notice the supposed 1 seceond time. When it is not lagging I can pretty easily block or just move away.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
    Options
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set is total trash in PvP. It needs to do something besides pull. It's fine as is for PvE.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
    Options
  • rauyran
    rauyran
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't remember the last time I got killed by dark convergence. It's nowhere near as dangerous as it used to be. I just normally roll out of the circle once I've been pulled.
    Options
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Giraffon wrote: »
    This set is total trash in PvP. It needs to do something besides pull. It's fine as is for PvE.

Unfortunately the very thing that makes DConv annoying in PvP, is the thing makes it very useful in PvE group dungeon runs. It's great for getting rid of trash mobs on your way to the bosses. The set is also useful in controlling the ads from bosses. I don't think the ESO devs can fix one, PvP, without breaking the other, PvE.
    Edited by starlizard70ub17_ESO on April 4, 2022 2:32PM
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
    Options
  • BlakMarket
    BlakMarket
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its working as intended, it punishes people who stack.

People still think dodge rolling is how to counter it, you block and hope for the best, dodge rolling turns you into a vd grenade looking to blow up anyone who is blocking or on the outside of the pull.
    Options
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the other "pull" sets in the game require you to be in the fray, if only briefly. If it was PBAoE or required a certain skill used like Void Bash, you would have a more effective "kiss-curse" we used to hear about all the time. Most of the time the set sows chaos and lag while seldom reaping its actual full potential.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
    Options
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    umagon wrote: »
    The biggest problem I have with the set is 99% of the time when I get pulled into the epicenter all my actions get locked out. Dodge roll, break free, skills, potions, movement keys, etc get completely shutdown. It’s that zero counter play to it that is the issue for me.

And size of it is too large for the short time frame given to react before the pull begins. If players are in the center when it goes down it’s almost impossible to dodge roll out of the area before the pull starts.

Game needs a rebalance on how CC effects work and how immunity from CC works. Fixing these will fix many of the issues players see in PVP with regards to CC. That was one of the first things I had to deal with in PVP. Even with snow treaders there are things that can disable you even after you break break. I've been stunned, stunned and stunned. I even tried immovable pots, snow treaders and even armor skill all with little to no success.

Out of all that I tried I liked snow treaders best but not being able to sprint really makes me not like this mythical piece of gear.
    Options
  • leem1988
    leem1988
    ✭✭✭
    Set isn't working as it should. I hope it gets fixed soon. >:)
    Options
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm just tired of seeing entire fields covered in DC Procs to avoid and yet still get pulled from outside the range and not be able to break free. Combo that with a couple people spamming bombard and talons and it just becomes a zerg tool to take advantage of poor game performance.
    Options
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't imagine using this in PvP....it IS a lot of fun in PvE dungeons though.
    Options
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranged bombing from stealth SHOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE in a PvP environment. That the devs at ZOS promote this as a thing sends a horrible message regarding their competence.

I'd very much like to see how many people would run the set if it pulled to the player wearing the set. That might be the fix the set needs most.

Make Dark Convergence stack everyone it pulls right on top of the player wearing the set just like DK chains does. That might even make it a fun and fair set to run in PvP, and that would actually give solo players a chance to break up ball groups, which is what ZOS claims the set was designed to do in the first place.
    Options
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The double pull was too much but the single is sooo easily avoidable unless yur dead or afk its hard not to. The dmg is respectable but if your afk you were gonna die anyway
    Options
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sinnereso wrote: »
    The double pull was too much but the single is sooo easily avoidable unless yur dead or afk its hard not to. The dmg is respectable but if your afk you were gonna die anyway

But in severe lag it's still nearly impossible to counter or respond to. You've already been unti bombed because you've lost all your stamina trying to block and break free. Dark Convergence will never be a balanced set as is until when and if there are very significant performance upgrades.

Please check out my thread on a suggestion to change the set to turn it into a fun and fair set that would actually achieve the goals ZOS stated it had for the set.
    Edited by EdmondDontes on April 6, 2022 12:33PM
    Options
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and you

But in severe lag it's still nearly impossible to counter or respond to. You've already been unti bombed because you've lost all your stamina trying to block and break free. Dark Convergence will never be a balanced set as is until when and if there are very significant performance upgrades.

Please check out my thread on a suggestion to change the set to turn it into a fun and fair set that would actually achieve the goals ZOS stated it had for the set.

Ive used it alot and it is a fun set but I can assure you that kills with it are rare. Its more of an annoyance to them than anything. Its always something else killing you and dcon just put you in position for it
    Options
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    As someone who uses DC at the moment in Cyrodiil, it's been incredibly unreliable lately so I'm not sure what issues everyone is having with it. I can barely get it to pull most of the time anymore and even when it does pull, it's barely putting out any kind of stun/damage
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason why I do believe this set is totally busted is that this set is basically a "narrow space on demand". You know... narrow space (gates, door frames, holes in the walls etc) are the "killing zones".

With DC set, you don't need those. The set gives you one - as you can stack players on demand.

What is worse is that there is no real valid counter for this set. The CC immunity skills don't give pull immunity. The only thing that might prevent getting pulled is to hold block... but then your opponent already won because you move slow as snail.. and you can not roll-dodge away & block at the same time. If you block & roll-dodge - the game only registers roll-dodge & block is interupted for the duration of roll-dodge animation. I can not count how many times I got pulled while 2 meters away of DC proc because roll-dodge "end" was not registered. Sometimes after roll-dodge I even manege to hold block and it still pulls me through a block... because blocking "start" was not registered...

ZOS: Don't stack.
    Also ZOS: Introduces a set that stacks players.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on April 6, 2022 1:13PM
    Options
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xFocused wrote: »
    As someone who uses DC at the moment in Cyrodiil, it's been incredibly unreliable lately so I'm not sure what issues everyone is having with it. I can barely get it to pull most of the time anymore and even when it does pull, it's barely putting out any kind of stun/damage

It's because the set is alone not a huge problem. May even have issues itself. But when zergs spam it in mass, it highlights the game issues by pulling you when you are well outside it's drawn circle, if it's even drawn so any chance to actually avoid it is practically worthless. Probably position desync at the time, and if not then, you are after the pull as the game tends to lose track of mass player position with pulls, knock backs, and gap closers. Then you double or more break free animate while you get pummeled by whatever else is there to actually kill you as the set defenders like to point out as if that other stuff is not killing you because DC pulled you into a bomb with squishy players you'd otherwise avoid explode in plaguebreaker and VD Procs then causing you to berate your friends for the audacity to not run a tanky build.

I've been going on about the 2 mass pull sets since their release. It's not about balance; it's about function. And the game really struggles already with function.
    Options
  • Flangdoodle
    Flangdoodle
    ✭✭✭
    Giraffon wrote: »
    I don't think the ESO devs can fix one, PvP, without breaking the other, PvE.

They just showed that they could with the Rallying Cry set, which procs when Battle Spirit is active. Just make battle spirit disable it? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Edited by Flangdoodle on April 6, 2022 2:55PM
    Options
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and you

Ive used it alot and it is a fun set but I can assure you that kills with it are rare. Its more of an annoyance to them than anything. Its always something else killing you and dcon just put you in position for it

"I've use it alot and it is a fun set.." explains your view of the set. I guess some of us would just rather get kills using skills rather than brainless proc cheese.
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The set is outperforming any other set in lag. Can not even break free from its pull let alone notice the supposed 1 seceond time. When it is not lagging I can pretty easily block or just move away.

This is the problem.

If the game worked, the set wouldn't be so bad (although probably a bit over used, so maybe a little strong). But when you are stunned by anything and break free multiple times (using stamina for some reason each time even though it doesn't work) and you cannot get free, then no matter what else you say about the set: it's broken. Just the fact that procs still fire off no problem in lag, but using skills is a no-go tells you everything you need to know about how well the game works.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solution : remove lag. When there is no lag : you can mist form or roll dodge out of it. But when it's laggy you can't do anything and die
    Options
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    I literally only use DC on magcro because I support a stamdk bomber in our duo. Otherwise I'd replace it with plaguebreak and play stamcro instead. I feel that DC is just a nice to have and will be the first set that we drop when something better comes along.
    Options
  • WordsOfPower
    WordsOfPower
    ✭✭✭
    Agree, remove it. It just does way too much. Very overpowered compared with other sets
    Options
  • Ishtharo
    Ishtharo
    ✭✭✭
    As the title says, Dark Convergence still breaks PvP for everyone trying to play the game using actual skills.

It's only used by ball groups and trolls who think ranged bombing from stealth should be something that exists in a video game.

The free pull and the OP damage eliminates all player skill gaps and that just shouldn't be possible.

Hold block, sovled your problem for you.
    Tsarra Venus Sylphyra - Stamplar PvP Bosmer Harrier
    VenusFállen - Magden PvP Nord Healer
    VenusFallen - Stamcro PvP Nord Brawler
    VenusFallèn - MagBlade PvP Dark Elf Ganker
    VeñusFallen - StamSorc PvP Bosmer Harrier
    Options
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ishtharo wrote: »

In lag blocking, breaking free, dodge rolling, bar swapping and everything else stops working correctly

That is why so many people are crutching on the set these days. It's the only thing that works; it's free, doesn't have to be aimed, is as strong as an ulti and it still works in lag.
    Options
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ishtharo wrote: »

That was easy, thanks! Now solve the lag issue so the game actually registers my block when I do it. Thanks again in advance!
    Options
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's such a trash set now, doesn't even pull at point blank range. Probably time to change to rush of agony.
    Options