The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 38 - Feedback Thread for Whitestrake’s Mayhem

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for Whitestrake’s Mayhem. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • How do you feel about the distribution of rewards during this event?
  • Did anything not function to your expectations?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nothing functioned because no one was there. Tried three times to go into test the pvp event. Got no response from anyone and saw that nothing has changed on the map since the previous visit.

Nothing to report which is probably why I 'm the only one to post.
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you feel about the distribution of rewards during this event?

I just did a very brief test where I grabbed the intro quest, killed a member of the Coldharbor Elite Guard, and killed a Sewer Section Boss Twice then did 5 quests.

The Tel Var gain increase was quite evident as I ended up with a bit over 5k Tel Var in a short period

The intro quest box gave me a weapon page, the Coldharbor Elite Guard gave me an armor page, the Sewer Section Boss gave me nothing of interest on both kills, the

I did 5 quests and the boxes had nothing of interest beyond the tickets.

I felt the overall rewards seemed reasonable.

Did anything not function to your expectations?

Sancre Tor Items didn't appear on the search in the Outfit Styles when I didn't have them unlocked even when show locked was checked.

Do you have any other general feedback?

The Sancre Tor stuff overall looks cool enough that I'll force myself to do the event to get it. With that said, the set does appear to shift between metal-cloth-nothing in what appears to be a somewhat arbitrary fashion.

For an extreme example, the Sabatons jump from looking like metal to cloth to the toes sticking out.

• chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forgot to mention it in my initial post but, the coffer I opened in the IC gave 400 Tel Var instead of 200 Tel Var. Is that intended behavior? ( I didn't have any old coffers to check if it was just doubling ones earned in the event with the boost or if it was doubling all coffers)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy with the Tel Var bonuses. I'm guessing that means no separate Imperial City event this year (which I'm personally fine with, since one zone featured three times a year was a bit much) and it's a welcome addition to Whitestrake's Mayhem.

I'm not happy that tickets are split between BGs/Cyrodiil and Imperial City again. Giving us all the tickets from one chosen PVP activity would be far more respectful of players' time and playstyle preferences. You did it that way the first Midywar Mayhem and it was very nice.

Have you considered ongoing feedback that players can be sieged or attacked inside quest giver buildings in Cyrodiil, dying in loading screens? Any quest building with a door has this problem, much like the reason you took doors off of resource towers.

Have you considered the ongoing situation with the Arena District Daily in Imperial City where players can complete the daily from their spawn tower? When last I tested it several years ago, it was possible to complete the quest in the complete safety of the silenced spot so long as nearby players killed the Daedra. Is this intended or at least acceptable?

Have you considered ongoing feedback that players would like to be able to pick up all 6 Imperial City dailies from one board without having to load up the ladder, load down the ladder, load up, load down, ad nauseum to gather all the dailies before they leap down into the dangerous City?

Thank you for your consideration.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy with the Tel Var bonuses. I'm guessing that means no separate Imperial City event this year (which I'm personally fine with, since one zone featured three times a year was a bit much) and it's a welcome addition to Whitestrake's Mayhem.

I'm not happy that tickets are split between BGs/Cyrodiil and Imperial City again. Giving us all the tickets from one chosen PVP activity would be far more respectful of players' time and playstyle preferences. You did it that way the first Midywar Mayhem and it was very nice.

Have you considered ongoing feedback that players can be sieged or attacked inside quest giver buildings in Cyrodiil, dying in loading screens? Any quest building with a door has this problem, much like the reason you took doors off of resource towers.

Have you considered the ongoing situation with the Arena District Daily in Imperial City where players can complete the daily from their spawn tower? When last I tested it several years ago, it was possible to complete the quest in the complete safety of the silenced spot so long as nearby players killed the Daedra. Is this intended or at least acceptable?

Have you considered ongoing feedback that players would like to be able to pick up all 6 Imperial City dailies from one board without having to load up the ladder, load down the ladder, load up, load down, ad nauseum to gather all the dailies before they leap down into the dangerous City?

Thank you for your consideration.

i actually thought double tel var was originally part of the whitestrake event (back when it was called midyear mayhem), then they split off IC to be part of the "year 1 event" instead of being combined with the pvp event (same deal with the tickets)

i also personally would rather the arena daily stay as it is, it takes far longer to complete to wait for the npc respawns for the very few that are near the tower, and it helps those who arent confident in pvp

i would also agree with making it easier to pick up the dailies, along with removing the need to own a district to respawn on the surface (this latter part is one of the largest annoyances i have with the surface of IC)

the main reason i think most people prefer to tower camp in the arena district for example is because if your faction owns no districts, you get booted to the sewer and have to take the ladder up (2 load screens), if you say are doing the arena daily but you die and your faction only owns the 1 district opposite of the arena (elven gardens) it will respawn you there, then you will have to take the ladder back down and up to get back to where you were doing the daily (another 2 load screens), this is both very annoying for people who do like the zone and very off putting for people who dont like the zone (and one of the main reasons i think the tower camping even became popular)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Omg, I’ve been begging for this for years! There’s a lot of things I can put up with, but I always find this to be the most irritating part of this event!
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Regarding the 2nd quarter's morph fragments, it says you can complete it with this event. Being only the 2nd event this quarter, I'm assuming we can still complete it during the encore Mayhem in June?
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was surprised to see that there were 17 new pages to collect; seems like a lot more than what we usually get for a Mayhem event.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch