The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    EnerG wrote: »
    Does anyone know if elegian's notes has a post quest location?

Looks like it's Bugged if you didn't read the note while visiting Waking Flame Camp
  • ThreeXB
    ThreeXB
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking for following book POST quest :

Archipelago books and almanacs - The final dream of kasoryan

Hews bane bookshelf - An excerpt from the book of seasons

Systres tomes and scrolls - Letter from Aurelia Jourvel , Ode to the nose of a woman

All help much appreciated
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThreeXB wrote: »

Systres tomes and scrolls - Letter from Aurelia Jourvel , Ode to the nose of a woman

What server are you on? I can port you into ivyhame for the final dream book if you are on PCNA, same name as here, and there's someone on PCEU who can get you there too
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »
    What server are you on? I can port you into ivyhame for the final dream book if you are on PCNA, same name as here, and there's someone on PCEU who can get you there too
    That's one of the books I need! Would be happily take a port to it.
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tatanko wrote: »
    That's one of the books I need! Would be happily take a port to it.

Shoot me a mail in game and I'll try to catch you online to get you that book when I log in later.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭

Archipelago books and almanacs - The final dream of kasoryan - Bugged if you didn't read during the quest but you can teleport to person who is during quest

Hews bane bookshelf - An excerpt from the book of seasons - Hew's Bane - Hubalajad Palace i not remember where and if you can go there after quest

Systres tomes and scrolls - Letter from Aurelia Jourvel , Ode to the nose of a woman Bugged - No post quest locations
    Edited by GeneralEU on March 29, 2023 10:21PM
  • ThreeXB
    ThreeXB
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm on PS/NA ....really appreciate the help offers and responses. Thank you guys so much
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've already gone through this thread and confirmed which of my missing books are truly unobtainable for me right now (11 in total from: The Impresario's Catalogue, Tomes of Tributes, and Systres Tomes and Scrolls). Some advice on where to look for the others would be great! Many of them fall under a broader category, i.e. Auridon/Glenumbra/Stonefalls bookshelves, and so I'm hoping someone can point me to a good spot with bookshelves that match the category.

Imperial City
    -> Glorious Upheaval
    -> Thwarting the Daedra: Dagon's Cult
    -> The Distributed Soul
    -> The Year 2920, Vol. 26

Multi-Location
    -> Reverence for the Dead (Eastmarch, Alik'r)
    -> Veloth the Pilgrim (Grahtwood)
    -> Beware the Shadowscales (Bangkorai, Reaper's March, The Rift)
    -> Mysticism--The Unfathomable Voyage (Auridon, Glenumbra, Stonefalls)
    -> The Worthy Ar-Azal, His Deeds (Auridon, Glenumbra, Stonefalls)
    -> The Year 2920, Vol. 3 (Auridon, Glenumbra, Stonefalls)
    -> The Year 2920, Vol. 18 (Bangkorai, Reaper's March, The Rift)
    -> Arboreal Architecture (Alik'r, Eastmarch, Malabal Tor)
    -> Stormhold, City of Shadowfen (Bangkorai, Reaper's March, The Rift)
    -> Wertigal the Wolf-Boy (Greenshade, Rivenspire, Shadowfen)
    Edited by Tatanko on March 31, 2023 8:56PM
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some advice on where to look for the others would be great!

ALL the IC books you list are randomly found on bookshelves in IC/sewers.

Veloth the Pilgrim -- Mages' Guild in Haven, SE Grahtwood.
    Beware the Shadowscales -- Arentia (the city that is hostile until you do the quest there, NE Reaper's March)
    Wertigal the Wolf-Boy -- Moonhenge (Ayleid ruin in NW Greenshade)

The rest are, to the best of my knowledge, are also found in bookshelves.
    Edited by MreeBiPolar on March 31, 2023 9:28PM
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beware the Shadowscales -- Arentia (the city that is hostile until you do the quest there, NE Reaper's March)
    These three can be found laying out in the open somewhere? Previous comments have suggested they were bookshelf-only, so I'd love some more info!

Also looking for your favorite "farming" spots in the zones included next to each book in my list.
    Edited by Tatanko on April 1, 2023 12:56AM
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • SeaWoodStage
    SeaWoodStage
    ✭✭✭
    This may be well-known already, but just wanted to let people know who are still looking for "Tharayya's Journal Entry 2" which has been bugged for me for ages (visible and readable, but not counting as a read lorebook), I was able to read it properly today.
  • SeaWoodStage
    SeaWoodStage
    ✭✭✭
    Yikes, how do you edit your comments? Meant to specify it was in the Santaki delve in Alik'r where it's supposed to have been. North side in small chamber at centre of map. Never been able to read it before but was able to today.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yikes, how do you edit your comments? Meant to specify it was in the Santaki delve in Alik'r where it's supposed to have been. North side in small chamber at centre of map. Never been able to read it before but was able to today.

It's a bit thru the rectum. You need to click on your comment's #link, THEN there will appear a gear icon that allows you to edit it.
    d7zteabjr1f1.png

pp1ieftq7u13.png
  • SeaWoodStage
    SeaWoodStage
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you @MreeBiPolar that was genuinely helpful :D
    Edited by SeaWoodStage on April 1, 2023 11:12PM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    These three can be found laying out in the open somewhere? Previous comments have suggested they were bookshelf-only, so I'd love some more info!

Also looking for your favorite "farming" spots in the zones included next to each book in my list.

There is a guide to IC bookshelves in the first post in this thread.
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    When do the Imperial City bookshelves reset?

Hi! Are you still offering help for this? I'd love to grab that book.

Ugh. Another day of both IC campaigns, another day of no "Introduction to Aedric Studies". ZOS pls.
    Edited by fall0athboy on April 6, 2023 1:51AM
  • agwm_2014
    agwm_2014
    ✭✭
    'An Invitation to Elsweyr' (The Impresario's Catalogue), how can this currently be obtained?

I know this is supposed to be part of the 'Pan-Elsweyr Celebration' event, the thing is that event hasn't happened anymore and we've had the 'Season of the Dragon Celebration' event instead few times already.

Moreover, during the recent 'Season of the Dragon Celebration' event we had in January/February this year, the book at the Impresario was 'Elsweyr Defense Force Summons', which at the moment does not have a lorebook library entry, though in UESP figures as an Impresario one:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:The_Impresario's_Catalogue

'An Invitation to Elsweyr' may not be obtainable anymore as the original event has evolved into a different one, and 'Elsweyr Defense Force Summons' can be obtained when the related event occurs, but there is no lorebook library entry for it.

This was flagged during that Q1 event in this thread and in others and there was no official response, @ZOS_Kevin could you please pass this to someone to have a look?

On top of that, we have the known ones which at the moment can't be obtained post-quest (or after reading the Tribute clues by an alt):

High Isle (Systres Tomes and Scrolls):
    Letter from Aurelia Jourvel
    Ode to the Nose of a Woman
    Note to Cynric

High Isle (Tomes of Tributes):
    19 clues (after reading them with an alt originally)

Basegame (Rituals and Revelations):
    Rite of the Scion
    Edited by agwm_2014 on April 7, 2023 9:50AM
  • mariliaribas
    mariliaribas
    ✭✭✭
    agwm_2014 wrote: »
    Basegame (Rituals and Revelations):
    Rite of the Scion
    Rite of the Scions actually cannot be obtained even in the quest, as it was removed from the game when they did the Vampire Revamp. As for The Impresario Catalog, they really should be made available all year, but since this isn't possible, the bare minimum would be to make them available during their respective events, or the ones they put to replace them.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi! Are you still offering help for this? I'd love to grab that book.

Yup! Just send me an in game mail and I'll get back to you when I log in so we can set up a time we are both online. ^^
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• Ektallion
    Ektallion
    Soul Shriven
    Hey!

How to read "A Plea for the Elder Scrolls" on Mnem Temple (Dominion)? I don't see anything on the altar.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ektallion wrote: »
    Hey!

How to read "A Plea for the Elder Scrolls" on Mnem Temple (Dominion)? I don't see anything on the altar.

Run away and come back, or relog in place. It is a problem with rendering that can only be fixed by forcing the game to re-render it.
  • Ektallion
    Ektallion
    Soul Shriven
    virtus753 wrote: »
    Run away and come back, or relog in place. It is a problem with rendering that can only be fixed by forcing the game to re-render it.
    did it several times, purposely came as a Dominion character, so that no one would interfere
    the altar glows, but there's no book on it
    Edited by Ektallion on April 9, 2023 10:51PM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ektallion wrote: »
    virtus753 wrote: »
    did it several times, purposely came as a Dominion character, so that no one would interfere
    the altar glows, but there's no book on it

Sometimes it takes more than a few times.

They know about this issue, which is a failure to render things properly. It also causes chests to fall through platforms into inaccessible areas in dungeons and trials, and it causes crafting stations to stop being interactable sometimes when placed on furnishings used as floors. Kevin explicitly acknowledged it and said he would forward it to the dev team. The fact the issue continues to persist into new content and that we haven’t heard back likely means a fix isn’t imminent. I hope they prove me wrong. I’d love to see an actual solution here. In the meantime, relogging/running far enough away eventually works, but it might take quite a lot of attempts. I’m sorry.
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a shame because I thought in a semi-recent patch they claimed they fixed a ton of those things.

I'm wondering if that's the issue with the Scion of the Blood Matron book.
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Prolog for Necrom - Eye of Fate

Letter from Leramil the Wise - Take Quest from Crown Store and read it from inventory (None post quest location?)
    Mildanor's Ripped Note - During quest can't miss
  • Protector1981
    Protector1981
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GeneralEU wrote: »

Letter from Leramil the Wise - Take Quest from Crown Store and read it from inventory (None post quest location?)

Yeah...i remember this to previous Prolog Quests...its a dumb Feature i think. So easy to miss :(
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    GeneralEU wrote: »

Yeah...i remember this to previous Prolog Quests...its a dumb Feature i think. So easy to miss :(

I wrote about this in early February, so quite a long time ago. But yeah this is stupid.
    Edited by GeneralEU on April 12, 2023 5:26PM
  • Protector1981
    Protector1981
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, thats true :) But thank you for the Reminder :)
  • SeaWoodStage
    SeaWoodStage
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone had any luck recently with the Mnem temple version of 'A Plea for the Elder Scrolls'? I'm not a PvP player, but I go into Cyro every day to check every campaign, and if the gate of Mnem is open in any campaign then I drop everything and get there fast.

To start with I tried running in ('recognising' the podium) and then running away, then running back. Did that about twelve times. Tried mounted, on foot and in sneak, on foot with invisibility potion. Also tried relogging (but as my character is Pact, had to go out of range before being able to relog). Have tried in multiple campaigns over the last few months, whenever that gate is open. No matter what I do, when I get there I can see the 'glow' below the podium, but the book is never on the podium or readable.

Is it unreasomable to ask that this be finally fixed once and for all? I'm not a programmer and I know hardly anything about IT, but we're talking about a lorebook that should be readable on a podium and isn't. I don't mind that it's hard to get, I don't mind checking the campaigns and taking advantage of an open gate. What I do mind is doing it several times a week and wasting my time because of a ridiculous glitch. The DC one always seems to be stable so why can't the AD one be stable? (And the EP one for those who still need that one too).
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    FROM THE 9.0.0 PATCH NOTES

HIGH ISLE/GALEN
    • The door to Tor Draioch's Arcane Library is now interactable after the quest is complete, allowing access to any books in there you missed.
    • A copy of the Letter from Aurelia Jourvel is now in the library of Castle Navire after completing the quest "The Lost Symbol."
    • A copy of Nilsmon's awful poem is now on the trunk in the Knights' Barracks after completing "Tournament of the Heart."
    • The Telling Stone tablet now has a copy sitting outside of Ivyhame after you complete the quest "The Dream of Kasorayn."

BASE GAME
    • Added a new "Impresario's Catalogue" book at every Impresario tent that discovers all of the books contained within that collection, in the situation where you missed a one-time event that had a book associated with it. Any time a new book is added to the collection, you can revisit and re-read this catalogue to discover its contents.
    • Added a post-quest copy of the "Rite of the Scion" book near every portal to the vampire quest instance. You must have completed the quest "Scion of the Blood Matron" in order to see this book.

This is a pretty big patch for us lorebook collectors!