Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

You seriously locked the new polymorph behind an 8k crown cost??

alternatelder
alternatelder
✭✭✭✭✭
Unbelievable. If you're going to do this, at least let me spend my endeavors on it! Or put it in separately.
Edited by ZOS_Phoenix on March 30, 2023 3:57PM
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish ZoS would be as creative in fixing the bugs and improving the game performance as they're at finding new ways to squeeze the money out of people.
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They keep finding new ways to paygate the most desirable items, it's gross. They forget that not everyone is a westerner sitting on plenty of disposable income. Can't justify this rubbish while there's a cost of living crisis, that price is a week's groceries for me smdh.
    PC EU & NA
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I shudder to think how many endeavour points (and months) would be spent on any item costing 8k crowns. In my real world currency, that's close to the cost of a weekly grocery shopping.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • ZOS_Phoenix
    ZOS_Phoenix
    admin
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Animar111
    Animar111
    ✭✭✭✭
    Best purchase I’ve ever made for the 25 crate bundle😁 thank you @zos the polymorph is amazing I mean Amazing and 25 crates also 🤩
    Edited by Animar111 on March 30, 2023 4:02PM
  • BaalMelqartu
    BaalMelqartu
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's lots of things in the real world and in gaming worlds I would like to get but can't afford. I don't see the point in being angry about it. It's a cosmetic. One doesn't have to have EVERYTHING to be happy. If you want the thing and have the means to get it, do so. If it offends you that they would release a polymorph locked behind 25 crates, don't get it. If you can't afford it, don't get it.
  • VikkiVonTraxx
    VikkiVonTraxx
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry the poly is ugly, there is a really bad optimization that makes hairs unnaturally frozen in the air and a locked personnality... For that price they could code it correctly
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The crown store and crates have been a downward spiral from the beginning.
    • Originally mounts cost around 800 crowns. We regularly see mounts above 3000 these days.
    • Costumes were 400. Do they come out at less than 1000 anymore?
    • Crown crates:
      • Crates originally didn't have radiant apex, but didn't have gems.
      • Added gems, but also added radiant apexes that couldn't be gotten with gems.
      • (Forced to) Add endeavors so people could earn crate items without utilizing gambling system.
      • Now crate purchase required to receive polymorph so, again, must participate in crate system, probably very narrowly skirting regulations.
    Even when they attempt to "improve" it's really just one step towards adding additional monetization in exceedingly customer-unfriendly ways.

Edited by heaven13 on March 30, 2023 5:56PM
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way in hell I'm gonna pay equivalent of nearly 6 months of eso plus or price of Necrom deluxe just for the poly. I thought we got endeavors to be able to bypass the rng crates but corporate stonks must constantly grow I guess.
    Its a really ugly PR.
  • Myrddin1357
    Myrddin1357
    ✭✭✭
    The shade polymorph can drop from any crate. It is not locked behind the 25 crate bundle. The 25 crate bundle guarantees that you get the polymorph. You chances of getting the polymorph without buying the 25 crate bundle is the same as getting any other polymorph.
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The shade polymorph can drop from any crate. It is not locked behind the 25 crate bundle. The 25 crate bundle guarantees that you get the polymorph. You chances of getting the polymorph without buying the 25 crate bundle is the same as getting any other polymorph.

It cannot. When I am using preview option on new crates to see all items that can drop there is no shade polymorph on the list.
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Love your confidence, you're wrong though:
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/63897

Note that the Shade polymorph is automatically unlocked and added to your collectibles when you acquire this one-off bundle and is not included in the crates themselves.
  • BaalMelqartu
    BaalMelqartu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry the poly is ugly, there is a really bad optimization that makes hairs unnaturally frozen in the air and a locked personnality... For that price they could code it correctly

I respect your opinion but to me, it is not ugly and what you see as hair, I see as tattered strands of the cowl/hood. Did not even occur to me to look at it as hair. The only thing I wish was different about it is that I would like to not be in a pseudo crouch at all times while using it. Otherwise, I love it. It is the only polymorph I have ever wanted in ESO.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's lots of things in the real world and in gaming worlds I would like to get but can't afford. I don't see the point in being angry about it. It's a cosmetic. One doesn't have to have EVERYTHING to be happy. If you want the thing and have the means to get it, do so. If it offends you that they would release a polymorph locked behind 25 crates, don't get it. If you can't afford it, don't get it.

Porsche 911 targa 4 gts comes to mind. Sweet car with an automated targa top. But that comes with a serious price tag I choose to avoid.

But then again I am not a fan of the crown crates and choose to avoid them.
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS never ceases to surprise me, and I don't mean this in a good way. Hopefully this opinion won't get me in trouble like last time, so I write this as carefully and constructively as I can.

Please let us get equally cool stuff via playing the game. I also mentioned this before: let us earn crates somehow, that will quell the anger of many people. Endless dungeon would be a good place to do it.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shagreth wrote: »
    ZOS never ceases to surprise me, and I don't mean this in a good way. Hopefully this opinion won't get me in trouble like last time, so I write this as carefully and constructively as I can.

Please let us get equally cool stuff via playing the game. I also mentioned this before: let us earn crates somehow, that will quell the anger of many people. Endless dungeon would be a good place to do it.

@Shagreth

Even if we could earn crates in the game, none of those crates could drop this new polymorph.

Of course, the Endeavor system was put in place because MS agreed to give players a means to earn crate items in-game. As someone who is not a fan of crates, I think it is better that we can choose what we will get rather than rolling the dice with crates.

• endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gambling in all forms disgusts me but people have the choice to indulge if they want of course, i dont have anything against people getting it and parading it around for awhile 😆.
  • NoSoup
    NoSoup
    ✭✭✭✭
    So if you gift the bundle (once they fix the whole gifting crown crates thing) will the person getting the bundle get the polymorph or the person buying it?

Literally spent 7k buying the old crates at a discount the other night wanting to get the tiger looking skin and haven't opened them yet, going to be sooooo annoyed if I don't get it now that they're gone from the crown store and can't even use gems for it.
    Formally SirDopey, lost forum account during the great reset.....
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This game has moved from microtransactions into macrotransactions quite some time ago.

edit: typo
    Edited by KlauthWarthog on March 30, 2023 11:32PM
  • Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to buy an ingame t-shirt with the words "this money was used to fix performance issues and bugs" written on it.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lebkuchen wrote: »
    I want to buy an ingame t-shirt with the words "this money was used to fix performance issues and bugs" written on it.

It would be free, then.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    axi wrote: »
    I wish ZoS would be as creative in fixing the bugs and improving the game performance as they're at finding new ways to squeeze the money out of people.

I logged into the forums just to say this.

This is contributing to why people are not willing to trust you anymore when you say "trust us". The only thing we can trust is that you will stop at nothing to find new ways to monetize this already over-monetized game. Promises of "we will address this issue in the coming year" have been repeated for the past few years, yet in all that time the only thing I could trust was that you'd invent new ways to milk the whales.
    Other MMO companies have behaved like this when their games were on their way into low maintenance mode, yet despite claiming that ESO is not headed that way, you keep behaving like this. Can you maybe chill? Can you maybe at least reduce this bundle's cost for ESO+ members? This is making it look like you are starved for money and not "killing it" at all. That alone is reason for concern.
    Well, I know why I have stopped spending money on this game and it's things like this. You are not making me feel like my money is well spent, so I've been spending it elsewhere.
    Edited by Ratzkifal on March 31, 2023 1:03AM
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Arictheana
    Arictheana
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it's squeezing money. At least the bundle is better money value, slightly. I'd just wish they'd fix the gifting. Really want to give my friend one =(
  • Gruumsh1
    Gruumsh1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Geez I've been hording my gems thinking I'd have enough for the Shade and now this. What a wasted effort. Not great ZOS. Not great. I missed out on things I could have gotten with my gems. Poor customer relations here. You guys need to stop with these sorts of swifties. It's not a great look.
    Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Miiighty Gruumsh!
  • Groterdan
    Groterdan
    ✭✭✭
    So true . Bought it anyways wanted it. But then the rewards from the 25 crates were worse then ever . Prolly last time I ever buy crates.
  • FolksySpade
    FolksySpade
    ✭✭
    They clearly have their motives in the right place. Though.. I feel bad for anyone that wants the skin and is sensible enough not to fork out $80+ to get a single polymorph and the chance to earn 100+ crown gems from the crate package. Good play ZOS, selfish, but a smart a move. The whales are gonna love it
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The crates wouldn't be so bad if they removed the duplicate system from it or made the gem conversion a lot more appealing (like a lot). But of course that's intended to make you want to buy more to get the items you actually want.

Gambling crates are nothing new and work very well on preying on gamers to get them to spend money. Heck i know lads that have ruined their lives from gambling systems in games. Littarly throwing themselves into debt to feed the habit.

The 8,000 bundle doesn't bother me because of the price or the offer. But it really doesn't look good considering how few things can actually be earned in game. That Polymorph seems like something that should be tied to the arena. Possibly a new achievement set for doing the bosses with certain debuffs and not taking the orbs.

Not a whole lot to actually earn in eso, just grind the gold or buy the crowns and get cool items. Plus considering the engine and how they have explained it in the past. Man a lot of these assests must take up a considerable amount of their time. Considering how often i run in to bugs and issues that have been around for a very long time and reported it hurts the soul a little.

It's hard to judge when we have a monthly subscription option, paid dlcs, paid chapters, crown store and everything that includes. Everything has a dollar value in game since they also allowed crown selling in game. Heck surprised they don't just sell gold in the stores it's legit one of the last things left to put in the store.

But i hope a line is eventually drawn regarding in game rewards verse paid rewards. Because it does feel like its leaning heavily in one direction again and again and again. Honestly if they just made it so that every few items they made for the crown store the game itself got one or two new items added to collect somewhere.

Just my 2 cents on it, doesn't matter anyway this has been said at every milestone since the change in monetization. Only have to look at the prices from then to now and the constant creep.

Edited by Heromofo on March 31, 2023 4:29PM
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The polymorph doesn't even use the animation and movement from shades in game. It's just the beast personality.

What's the point when you can't do the slighest of creepy exorcist yoga?
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The polymorph doesn't even use the animation and movement from shades in game. It's just the beast personality.
    What's the point when you can't do the slighest of creepy exorcist yoga?

Agree! I hoped that one of emotes will offer us ability to perform those crazy moves on the floor. Unless it's hidden really well, I haven't found it :/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpP3UYpofAQ