Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Feature Request: Unarmored Skill Line.

Soloeus
Soloeus
✭✭✭✭✭
You heard it, and it will be the most popular and taken skill line, period.

As of right now, most people are naked; or wearing 0% durability equipment. When I respect, I will take all my perks off armor lines, and actually discard my armor when it hits 0. I will mostly be naked.

Since going nude or 0% is already the best OP build, why not just reward it? Exploiters who farmed bosses got to keep their ill-gotten gains, motiff exploiters and hireling exploiters got to keep their ill-gotten gains. The only people who "lost" are the ones who didn't do it themselves (like me) or were one step behind the nerf.

Repair costs are through the roof and whether or not I have materials to craft a "30-minute set" depends on how armored I will ever be. Heck, it takes me longer to gather mats and craft the next garbage suit than it takes to break that suit.

So, allow us naked's of the world to shine. Unarmored is already nerfed by having no bonuses of any kind, however it is also balanced as a powerful choice given the state of Rapid Armor Decay. Giving perks; would make this interesting.

Within; Without.
  • scruffycavetroll
    scruffycavetroll
    ✭✭✭
    might as well add an unarmed skill line also for people who like the idea of punching and kicking plate wearers
    Options
  • Harkrider
    Harkrider
    ✭✭✭
    Lol
    Options
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    im laughing but it hurts cuz there is so much truth in it
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
    Options
  • Armoril
    Armoril
    ✭✭✭
    Soloeus wrote: »
    As of right now, most people are naked; or wearing 0% durability equipment.

Are you SURE about that? Because that's false.

Options
  • crowfl56
    crowfl56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luv to read posts of the whiners and trolls, grow up and go outside :)
    Options
  • Harkrider
    Harkrider
    ✭✭✭

My favorite part was...
    and it will be the most popular and taken skill line, period.

Options
  • Soloeus
    Soloeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is obviously satire; however there is a lot of truth in it.

I am serious, however:

1. Skill Points in armor are 100% waste. I will de-spec out of Armor ASAP.

2. Crafting armor is a time investment; the time of gathering/crafting (or farming gold to buy mats) doesn't = or > the cost of repairs.

This means 3 entire skill lines are dependent on being rich enough to pay a constant fine.

Nobody should have to go through "Pay-Gates" to use the skill perks they invested in. As of now, Armor Perks don't count pieces at 0% durability. An unarmored skill line responds to how the game needs to be played by us. When zenimax gets sick of 0%'ers and Naked's they will get rid of the fine.

Within; Without.
    Options
  • Soloeus
    Soloeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The only exceptions are the people who already have such an insane gold supply from buying gold or pre-nerf boss farming that they could pay this "Armor Tax" forever and never suffer it.

This is an inequality created by the tolerance of exploiters. For the rest of us who didn't do that, we have to go naked or make junk sets and let them wear to 0%. And then keep wearing them.

Because hunting mats means what, an hour of farming to get another 30 minutes of protection?

Within; Without.
    Options
  • crowfl56
    crowfl56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about don't die so often ? Use alittle skill in game play.
    Options
  • merryblues
    merryblues
    ✭✭✭
    I never run zero percent. Every time I hit town to sell I repair. If a piece is a few levels too low, I make a new one. The only time repair bills are expensive is when you put it off..
    Options
  • smosti
    smosti
    ✭✭✭
    crowfl56 wrote: »

Are you ***? your armor decays from gaining xp...getting hit etc. not just dieing.

Options
  • Soloeus
    Soloeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crowfl56 wrote: »

I don't die very often. When I do, it doesn't seem to change the decay rate much, I decay at about the same rate whether or not I die. That is my problem.

Under the old system, "not dying" meant keeping my gear longer, a lot longer. That rewarded the skill of not dying. Under the current system, dying is just one of the many things that seems to cause decay. Not even the one with the biggest impact, either.

And don't accuse people of being unskilled players, you have no evidence to make that claim. You are just bullying and insulting.

There is already a significant investment in acquiring armor. It can be buying expensive mats or taking the time to farm them, it might involve placing ranks into crafting skills or bothering crafters near you. But then there is a second investment that keeps killing you, a hole in your pocket. This isn't a gold sink, this is a straight up bankruptcy notice.
    Edited by Soloeus on May 5, 2014 2:01PM

Within; Without.
    Options
  • Armoril
    Armoril
    ✭✭✭
    The only exceptions are the people who already have such an insane gold supply from buying gold or pre-nerf boss farming that they could pay this "Armor Tax" forever and never suffer it.

This is an inequality created by the tolerance of exploiters.

You must be doing a terrible job of managing your gold. I can afford repairs, and no, you [snip], I did not buy gold or use any exploit to achieve that. And I don't even sell most of the valuable items that I loot, I desconstruct almost all of the gear I pick up. Not only can I afford repairs, but the amount of gold I have is steadily increasing. Repair costs aren't putting me in the red.

Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on May 5, 2014 3:35PM
    Options
  • smosti
    smosti
    ✭✭✭

This is an inequality created by the tolerance of exploiters. For the rest of us who didn't do that, we have to go naked or make junk sets and let them wear to 0%. And then keep wearing them.

Because hunting mats means what, an hour of farming to get another 30 minutes of protection?

AGREE 100%.

Defeats the purpose of crafting for yourself as well as crafting to make a profit from others. This makes clothing and smithing profession useless. Makes gathering smith and cloth mats useless. This renders motifs useless as you're never in a full set of armor. Armor passives? Useless.

Thank god I spent 1hr perfecting my characters facial features and curves. I'm running around naked.
    Options
  • smosti
    smosti
    ✭✭✭

You must be doing a terrible job of managing your gold. I can afford repairs, and no, you ass, I did not buy gold or use any exploit to achieve that. And I don't even sell most of the valuable items that I loot, I desconstruct almost all of the gear I pick up. Not only can I afford repairs, but the amount of gold I have is steadily increasing. Repair costs aren't putting me in the red.

Awww...i could afford my repairs too back when I was a level 8 with crappy armor lol.

Biggest joke of a comment. You're definately exploiting something if you're claiming you can repair, decon everything and your gold is increasing.
    Edited by smosti on May 5, 2014 2:04PM
    Options
  • stefaan.de.wasch1b16_ESO
    Would be a nice idea... then I could bring back my fighting monk called Bruised Lee :)
    The statement "if you put enough monkeys behind enough typewriters... sooner or later one will produce the works of Shakespeare" has sadly been proven utterly wrong by the internet...
    Options
  • Soloeus
    Soloeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You must be doing a terrible job of managing your gold. I can afford repairs, and no, you ass, I did not buy gold or use any exploit to achieve that. And I don't even sell most of the valuable items that I loot, I desconstruct almost all of the gear I pick up. Not only can I afford repairs, but the amount of gold I have is steadily increasing. Repair costs aren't putting me in the red.

There yo go again, using "Appeal to Elitism" to make it look like the only players with this problem are unskilled ones, and thus the problem is one of "personal behavior" but the problem is a bad system.

Your methodology of argument proves if nothing else, that you don't really care what problems others have in the game. Why even post? Do you just go around bullying and griefing posts where game systems cause problems?

I am glad you aren't bankrupt from Gear Decay; however you are the minority.

Now, please, humor us with your tales of solo'ing Fungal Grotto at level 9 without difficulty and killing 80 players in one minute in PVP because you are so awesome!
    Edited by Soloeus on May 5, 2014 2:07PM

Within; Without.
    Options
  • Nooblet
    Nooblet
    ✭✭✭✭

What? I did not exploit anything, and am v10, and my gold supply is steadily increasing as I continue to play. Whether it be selling dominion gear that I get free from PvP, or doing anything and getting gear to vendor etc. Even after spending a hefty fee for some items. I still make alot more than I spend. Unless you are completely ignoring any loot that drops, I fail to see how people are not gaining gold.
    Options
  • Fairydragon3
    Fairydragon3
    ✭✭✭✭
    might as well add an unarmed skill line also for people who like the idea of punching and kicking plate wearers

Yes Please :)
    Options
  • ttwinklerub17_ESO
    this should be a skill line - the original elder scrolls games all had unarmored as a skill line

not all your armor will be the same
    some quests may force you into standard - unarmored or low armored lines
    Options
  • JessieColt
    JessieColt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am VR1 and I have zero issues affording the armor repair cost. I also have Clothing, Blacksmithing, and Woodworking skill lines comparable to my VR1 level.

I do NOT, and never have, bought gold. I also do not, and never did, farm solo dungeon bosses.

If you are having trouble, learn to lockpick and hit the chests that are out there. You get somewhere around 50 gold and items to sell/deconstruct for materials from each chest.

Options
  • Soloeus
    Soloeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nooblet wrote: »

What? I did not exploit anything, and am v10, and my gold supply is steadily increasing as I continue to play. Whether it be selling dominion gear that I get free from PvP, or doing anything and getting gear to vendor etc. Even after spending a hefty fee for some items. I still make alot more than I spend. Unless you are completely ignoring any loot that drops, I fail to see how people are not gaining gold.

I am glad to know V10's are having no issues with Gear Decay. Do you normally walk around in a gold set, or do you craft new ones all the time? With 2k repair bills per hour, that is more gold than I make at V1 in Coldharbour.

There is no surprise that those on the very top of the ladder aren't impacted, just like the wealthy elite aren't really impacted by Payroll Taxes.
    Edited by Soloeus on May 5, 2014 2:12PM

Within; Without.
    Options
  • Darzil
    Darzil
    ✭✭✭
    Some people, and some times, decay rates are huge. I don't think anyone has worked out exactly when and why. So you can go out for 30 minutes and return with a 200g repair bill, then go out another time for the same time to the same place and return with a 2000g repair bill. There's a lot of discussion in the decay rate thread in this forum section.

It certainly isn't about dying lots though. Dying has similar decay cost to beating 3-5 enemies. It also isn't about getting hit, as you get the decay loss when you defeat and enemy regardless.
    Edited by Darzil on May 5, 2014 2:14PM
    Options
  • Soloeus
    Soloeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darzil wrote: »
    Some people, and some times, decay rates are huge. I don't think anyone has worked out exactly when and why. So you can go out for 30 minutes and return with a 200g repair bill, then go out another time for the same time to the same place and return with a 2000g repair bill. There's a lot of discussion in the decay rate thread in this forum section.

It certainly isn't about dying lots though. Dying has similar decay cost to beating 3-5 enemies.

And this is my problem: There is no worked out formula other than the accepted theory of "PVE Tax" in the Rapid Gear Decay thread. There is no behavior I am aware of I can perform to have smaller repair bills or to make more loot drop, it is what it is.

And, god forbid I do die when I am doing something, it will just break my crap 10x faster. Nothing worse than having a bad string of deaths right after repairing to send you back to the welfare office.

Within; Without.
    Options
  • oxygen_boarderb16_ESO
    I find this funny that even in a video game, people have a hard time managing their resources. I spent all my money on a bank slot a couple days ago. I pve regularly, do spindle VR a lot and I'm @ 30,000. Its not a large number, but really, what do I need money for. Break down your mats, and sell the ones you dont use OR take a hit one time going back to town and just vendor everything. Pick up everything and vendor, you'll net easy profits.

Gear should break, it should break even if you aren't using it but (exping in a group) this prevents people from leeching or having to do it naked and being broke. Everything has a cost. The only time gear shouldn't break is when its in your bag (arguably it should decay in there) or your bank.
    Toktok - Vet8 Orc Templar - 2 Hand, Medium/Heavy Armor Grunt - Blacksmith/Clothier/Enchanter/Alchemist
    Options
  • smosti
    smosti
    ✭✭✭
    I find this funny that even in a video game, people have a hard time managing their resources. I spent all my money on a bank slot a couple days ago. I pve regularly, do spindle VR a lot and I'm @ 30,000. Its not a large number, but really, what do I need money for. Break down your mats, and sell the ones you dont use OR take a hit one time going back to town and just vendor everything. Pick up everything and vendor, you'll net easy profits.

Gear should break, it should break even if you aren't using it but (exping in a group) this prevents people from leeching or having to do it naked and being broke. Everything has a cost. The only time gear shouldn't break is when its in your bag (arguably it should decay in there) or your bank.

Oh because we all have the time and play the game to buy crap in guild store for 200g and then spam it in zone chat in hopes to sell for 400g to net a profit of 200g. We then do this multiple times over a 1hour duration in order to repair our armor. Our armor then lasts 1 minute at maximum effiecieny and deccays rapidly.

Broken armor only on death. Repair cost equivalent to a percantage of your total gold. Done and sorted thanks for coming.
    Edited by smosti on May 5, 2014 2:44PM
    Options
  • smosti
    smosti
    ✭✭✭
    smosti wrote: »

Oh because we all have the time and play the game to buy crap in guild store for 200g and then spam it in zone chat in hopes to sell for 400g to net a profit of 200g. We then do this multiple times over a 1hour duration in order to repair our armor. Our armor then lasts 1 minute at maximum effiecieny and deccays rapidly.

Broken armor only on death. Repair cost equivalent to a percantage of your total gold. Done and sorted thanks for coming.

This will increase the skill players will need to combat their way through enemies. You actually need to strategise now instead of spamming your way through.

Melee players are now no longer getting the shitter end of the stick! Damn...I now feel like swapping my bow to my daggers to finish that enemy rather then having a fear of getting hit.

Players would be more inclined to spend their gold on bag upgrades etc rather then keeping a huge stockpile. Keeps you playing a game of risk. How good do you think you are? Playing with fire. Want to keep that 100k in your bank or load it off on upgrades and purchase for a smaller repair fee. The choice is in your hands.

Keeps everyone within a healthy gold balance. No gold hoarders who have 100x more gold then the next person. Well...unless they aren't dieing! But if they aren't dieing....they are good enough and deserve to have 100x more gold then the next person.

We actually get to keep our crafted gear if we play skiffuly and avoid death.

Buying motifs to learn now has value. Wtf is the point atm? You're never in a full set of matching armor for more then 30mins. Fashion is broken.

Smithing and clothing are now useful professions again.People Can now make money for mastering smithing and clothing and you can spec some sweet ass gear that you know will be around for a while if you avoid death and play smart!

So many pros...where are the cons?
    Edited by smosti on May 5, 2014 2:52PM
    Options
  • Ladrik
    Ladrik
    I agree, paying a hefty fine of 1,836 gold last time put my supply of an average of 7,000 gold at VR1 at a lower rate. Just to fix my armor?, this is ridiculous. There should be a way for players to fix their armor for free, not by buying a 400 gold repair kit which only fixes one part of the armor pieces.
    Options
  • Soloeus
    Soloeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Repair should be a function of the relevant crafting.

It should be tied to the skill that enables use of the material. I could live with that. I could even live with the repair costing actual materials.

Within; Without.
    Options
  • oxygen_boarderb16_ESO
    smosti wrote: »

LOL what. Just try to play the game. I'm sorry if this comes off as a L2P issue, but like have you never played a game where the gear decay is worse? Ive played a couple, this is like a walk in the park. I don't even get where all the fuss is, unless you are literally leaching exp and not picking anything up.
    Toktok - Vet8 Orc Templar - 2 Hand, Medium/Heavy Armor Grunt - Blacksmith/Clothier/Enchanter/Alchemist
    Options