The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• RoseVex
    RoseVex
    ✭✭✭
    A tale of the Dauntless Bananas, i found the book but i can't interact with it
    89rlk9fb3fdc.png

Edit: nvm, i went off and got another book and when i came back, it had moved back onto the table
    Edited by RoseVex on January 26, 2023 3:05PM
    She who is only a little thing at the first, but thereafter grows until she strides on the earth with her head striking heaven.

Sovali - AD Dunmer DK tank
    Vinicia - DC warden tank
    Viratha - AD Altmer sorcerer DPS
    Melicine - Breton templar healer
  • mariliaribas
    mariliaribas
    ✭✭✭
    So, the event started and I can't find An Invitation to Elsweyr. Anybody knows were is it?
  • RoseVex
    RoseVex
    ✭✭✭
    Well UESP site says this "This quest is only available during the Pan-Elsweyr Celebration Event. To start this quest, you will need to accept it via the Crown Store or find a note entitled An Invitation to Elsweyr at one of the following Event Exchanges:"

but actually at the Impresario, there's only the Elsweyr Defence Force Summons that i can see
    She who is only a little thing at the first, but thereafter grows until she strides on the earth with her head striking heaven.

Vinicia - DC warden tank
  • mariliaribas
    mariliaribas
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I look for it everywhere and can't find it. It may be because the event changed names although it's the same event, but regardless it should be made available. I swear to god this ******* game, why put something in a collection if you don't make the items needed available?
  • agwm_2014
    agwm_2014
    ✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »
    The next event Season of the Dragon is the same Elsweyr event we had before (pan-elsweyr)? I'm asking because I need the lorebook An Invitation to Elsweyr and the last time we were able to obtain it was at the Elsweyr event...

Yes, it'll be available during the event at the impresario

@ZOS_Kevin

“An Invitation to Elsweyr” isn’t at the Impresario now that the event started (there is one called “Elsweyr Defense Force Summons”)

Is that a bug?

• mariliaribas
    mariliaribas
    ✭✭✭
    I sent a ticket about it and the answer was "Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team. My name is ******, and I'm happy to assist you today!

An Invitation to Elsweyr
    An event flyer requesting adventurers to visit Elsweyr
    It can be found during Pan-Elsweyr Celebration Event" 🙄

Anyway, I answered saying that the event was rebranded and it is the current Season of the Dragon and it should be available now,but it isn't. If I get another answer I'll tell you guys
  • RoseVex
    RoseVex
    ✭✭✭
    Anoit and Lisette - Castle Mornard - Galen, it's supposedly in the castle library but i can't get back in there as i finished the quest

Vinicia - DC warden tank
  • mariliaribas
    mariliaribas
    ✭✭✭
    Anything on An Invitation to Elsweyr?
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    agwm_2014 wrote: »
    The next event Season of the Dragon is the same Elsweyr event we had before (pan-elsweyr)? I'm asking because I need the lorebook An Invitation to Elsweyr and the last time we were able to obtain it was at the Elsweyr event...

Yes, it'll be available during the event at the impresario

@ZOS_Kevin

“An Invitation to Elsweyr” isn’t at the Impresario now that the event started (there is one called “Elsweyr Defense Force Summons”)

Is that a bug?
    Anything on An Invitation to Elsweyr?

Bets on it getting fixed in the post-event maintenance? 🤣
  • mariliaribas
    mariliaribas
    ✭✭✭
    Bets on it getting fixed in the post-event maintenance? 🤣
    Well, for that to happen they would have to acknowledge that it is indeed a problem, and I'm not sure they realize that 🥲
    Edited by mariliaribas on January 28, 2023 3:32PM
  • wolf2017
    wolf2017
    ✭✭
    Welanduz wrote: »
    Hi,

You crossed that book off your list. Did you get it from the quest, or is there another way?

Greetings, Welanduz

Hey !

Sorry for the delay, didn't check this threat for a while

Yes I did, was checking very carefully those books during progressing in quest

For some reason those 2 books are marked "unread" in my library

Don't know what happened ...
    Regards

WFX
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should also mention the "Elsweyr defense force summons" is not in the eidetic memory and is not collected when you read it.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I should also mention the "Elsweyr defense force summons" is not in the eidetic memory and is not collected when you read it.

Neither is the "Job Offer" in Senchal, or any of these:

Indrik diagram (not sure how to call it, it's the one with a picture of indrik evolution, not the textual one)
    Slayer's Note (the Skyrim/Reach event)
    Tomb of Ja'darri (one of the Elsweyr prologue quests)

I am sure I saw at least two more books which don't have eidetic memory records, but did not note them down.
  • HowellQagan
    HowellQagan
    ✭✭✭
    GeneralEU wrote: »
    dark_nick wrote: »
    Hi,
    missing lorebook: Letter of execution, incunabula collection
    Wiki says that is in shipwright regret, i did several times, secret bosses too, can you direct me where is it? I play on ps5 so need something as "near second secret boss arena", thanks in advance

Second secret boss bahind him on fence.

Anyone know how to actually read this? I've ran away, left the dungeon and reentered, completely exited the game, relaunched it and ran back to the location and I still cannot read it. The interaction prompt is simply not showing up.

ijg7uknb2wrf.jpg

There is some sort of invisible wall around that fencepost that completely blocks the interaction...
    Edited by HowellQagan on January 29, 2023 6:37PM
    That annoying dude on PC-EU.
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    GeneralEU wrote: »
    dark_nick wrote: »
    Hi,
    missing lorebook: Letter of execution, incunabula collection
    Wiki says that is in shipwright regret, i did several times, secret bosses too, can you direct me where is it? I play on ps5 so need something as "near second secret boss arena", thanks in advance

Second secret boss bahind him on fence.

Anyone know how to actually read this? I've ran away, left the dungeon and reentered, completely exited the game, relaunched it and ran back to the location and I still cannot read it. The interaction prompt is simply not showing up.

ijg7uknb2wrf.jpg

There is some sort of invisible wall around that fencepost that completely blocks the interaction...

Try logout and login near and see what happen.
  • LMarshall910
    LMarshall910
    ✭✭
    Oldbushie wrote: »
    Notes and Memos: [Alik'r Desert] Note to Throne Keeper Farvad

Also struggling to find "Note to Throne Keeper Farvad". UESP says it is located in Tu'whacca's Throne, Alik'r Desert. Did you find it in the end?

I completed the related quest "Tu'whacca's Breath" ages ago, but now the door to Tu'whacca's Sanctum is closed off post-quest. Is it inside Tu'whacca's Sanctum or is is around outside somewhere? I am on Xbox, so cannot use an addon to find the location.

Thank you :-)
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oldbushie wrote: »
    Notes and Memos: [Alik'r Desert] Note to Throne Keeper Farvad

Also struggling to find "Note to Throne Keeper Farvad". UESP says it is located in Tu'whacca's Throne, Alik'r Desert. Did you find it in the end?

I completed the related quest "Tu'whacca's Breath" ages ago, but now the door to Tu'whacca's Sanctum is closed off post-quest. Is it inside Tu'whacca's Sanctum or is is around outside somewhere? I am on Xbox, so cannot use an addon to find the location.

Thank you :-)

I recently went through a bunch of zones getting lorebooks on my main character and I was missing one in that area. (I also completed this quest many years ago.) I was able to find it outside, but I cannot confirm the name of the book though I suspect it was the same.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• freewheeler
    freewheeler
    Soul Shriven
    Getting near to completing all books on my main but now it seems there are some that are hard or impossible to get. Either past quest or simply bugged. Any ideas on the below ?

Character has all quests completed (except werewolf & vampire), and has max rapport with companions and their quests completed.

Archipelago Books and Almanacs
    Druid Food of Vastyr <-- Galen Bookshelves ?
    Glimmertarn - A Stonelore Community <-- Galen Bookshelves ?
    Investigator Vale and the Darkmasts <-- Galen Bookshelves ?
    The Druid Monoliths <-- Galen Bookshelves ?
    The Tempest and the Sunflower <-- Galen Bookshelves ?

Notes and Memos
    A Plea for the Elder Scrolls <-- Cyrodill red temple, just need the gate to be open once

Rituals and Revelations
    Rite of the Scion <-- vampire quest, but does it work now ?

Systres Tomes and Scrolls
    Izbadd's Letter
    Letter from Aurelia Jourvel
    Note to Cynric
    Ode to the Nose of a Woman

The Devoted and the Deranged
    Introduction to Aedric Studies
    The Undaunted Need You!

The Impressario's Catalogue
    A Quest of Sand, Snow and Blood <-- Year1 Celebration ?
    An invitation to Elsweyr <-- thought this would be available during the jan 2023 elsweyr event ?
    Bounties of Blackwood <-- Blackwood community event from last year, is this available afterwards somewhere ?
    By Command of the Ascendant Order <- Heroes of High Isle event from last year, is this available afterwards somewhere ?
    Tamriel's Finest Wines <-- Jester Festival ?

The Reach Reader
    Journal of Dionus Trutor <-- know the location but the book is not there, completed the quest already, for which you need the book. Any post quest locations ?

Tomes of Tributes
    4 clues did not register on my main, either due to being found on other char or simply not registering. Would be nice to be able to read the clues on the collected cards

Wrothgar Writings
    A Royal Messenger's Fate <-- fairly sure I had this one before but gone now. Any new location ?
  • birdmann1230
    @freewheeler
    I think most of the Archipelago ones are bookshelves. Intro to Aedric studies is Imperial City bookshelves. Those Systres ones are currently unavailable post quest, as is Royal Messengers Fate (this is a bug from a recent patch). Rite of the Scion is still missing. The Undaunted Need You is available during the undaunted event.
  • mariliaribas
    mariliaribas
    ✭✭✭
    Any fix on An Invitation to Elsweyr after this week's maintenance?
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any fix on An Invitation to Elsweyr after this week's maintenance?

I would say that is absolutely unlikely, as the maintenance was only on the consoles this week.
  • RoseVex
    RoseVex
    ✭✭✭
    The Distributed Soul

the Lorebooks addon used to say Imperial Sewers bookshelves but now says Shadowfen. Do we know which is correct?

Vinicia - DC warden tank
  • AzureTheAware
    AzureTheAware
    ✭✭
    RoseVex wrote: »
    The Distributed Soul

the Lorebooks addon used to say Imperial Sewers bookshelves but now says Shadowfen. Do we know which is correct?

There is something wrong with addon, had an other book with the same problem but found it in Imperial City bookshelves. Your book will be also found in Imperial City bookshelves.
  • LMarshall910
    LMarshall910
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know where the below books are under the Tales of Tamriel Eidetic Memory collection?
    The Year 2920, vol. 3
    The Year 2920, vol. 19

UESP suggests Bookshelves in Auridon, Glenumbra, and Stonefalls for vol. 3, but does anyone know of a more specific location?
    There is also no location at all for vol. 19 listed, does anyone have any ideas?

The Elder Scrolls Fandom Wiki says that Volume 3 can potentially be found in Vulkhel Guard.

Found vol. 3 in a bookshelf in the Vulkhel Guard Mages Guild, Auridon. Thank you :-)
  • freewheeler
    freewheeler
    Soul Shriven
    @freewheeler
    I think most of the Archipelago ones are bookshelves. Intro to Aedric studies is Imperial City bookshelves. Those Systres ones are currently unavailable post quest, as is Royal Messengers Fate (this is a bug from a recent patch). Rite of the Scion is still missing. The Undaunted Need You is available during the undaunted event.

Were the books in the Systres Tomes and Scrolls not supposed to be patched in U35 or U36 ?
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've read the new patch thread here
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/626521/pts-patch-notes-v8-3-0#latest

I was not able to find anything about fixing bugged lorebooks.
    We are writing very long threads about bugged lorebooks, and they don't care at all.
    Nobody's listening at us ??
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Ketray
    Ketray
    Soul Shriven
    hi!
    I have been trying to read Minahel's Note (Llanshara, on a table to the left of the entrance inside the Druid Ritual Chamber). has anyone found a way to do this?
    h19n3kxtj5nz.jpg

also, I couldn't find any information about:

The Final Dream of Kasorayn
    Emeric's Judgment

Note to Cynric
    Ode to the Nose of a Woman
    Izbadd's Letter
    Letter from Aurelia Jourvel

Crow and Raven: Three Short Fables (found a book in a tavern, but it doesn't count)
  • ewo5
    ewo5
    ✭✭
    Lore books that I am missing

Pibiha's Note - Don't know how I missed it lying right next to her body, but I didn't see it when I did the quest.
    Post quest, her sister Tufeh while at the Plaza of the Portals, says she has the note, but it is not out where I can read it.

Izbadd's Letter - Can't interact with it on the bench outside the Anchor's Point Inn in Evermore

Letter from Aurelia Jouvel - I missed when leveling up Miri, and cant get it post quest.

Ode to the Nose of a Woman - I missed when leveling up Miri, and cant get it post quest.

An Invitation to Elsweyr - Not at any of the Impresario event merchants, I checked them all, during the Season of the dragon event.

By command of the Ascendant Order - Checked the location where this one is supposed to be. It is not there and I specifically
    remember having to try a couple times to jump onto the floating platform to get a lore book when I originally went to that
    area,. I had another friend, that has not done any of those zone quests go and look and it is not there for us.

Royal Messenger's Fate - had this one until the update where it got pulled from people's collected lore library.
  • freewheeler
    freewheeler
    Soul Shriven
    I've been tracking what books I find at which bookshelves in Imperial City to see when the reset happens (seems 24hrs so nothing new there probably). But I also noticed there seems to be a rotation where if one book spawns at a certain location, all the other ones will also be the same as the last time that book spawned in that location.

So it seems like it's rotating books through fixed lists of which one spawns where. Has anyone else noticed this and if so are there lists available as to which books can be in which specific bookshelf ?

Is this true for other zones as well ?
  • freewheeler
    freewheeler
    Soul Shriven
    After a lot of chasing bookshelves I've narrowed my missing books down to 17. Most of which are either bugged (vampire, clues, companion, wrothgar) or event related. However the below two I'm hoping someone here would be able to help with :

Systres Tomes and Scrolls
    Izbadd's Letter <-- know the post quest location in Bangkorai/Evermore on a bench near the inn but can’t pick it up. Any suggestions ?

The Reach Reader
    Journal of Dionus Trutor <-- know the location but the book is not there, completed the quest already, for which you need the book. Any ideas ?

Of course many of us are hoping ZoS will fix the bugged ones the coming patch(es) this year, without introducing new bugged ones.