The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Evanko wrote: »

Kinda makes me want to wait at least 6 months before playing any new quests... Also I second GeneralEU on making the library account wide so I don't have to suffer looking at my main character's incomplete library lol

Unfortunately, this would make it easier to collect books, but also account wide books will not necessarily be easy to implement without compromising the ability to earn skill line mages guild points. Or you have to check every corner in the dungeon or location that directs you from the quest and check your inventory with the quest items tab (this is also how books/notes given by NPC).
    Edited by GeneralEU on January 8, 2023 4:46AM
  • birdmann1230
    @AzureTheAware relogging didn’t fix the letter to Belya. Have tried to find that one many times and I’ve never seen it. It also doesn’t appear at the quest turn in location either. I submitted a bug report but not sure if it’ll make a difference.
  • Evanko
    Evanko
    Soul Shriven
    GeneralEU wrote: »

Kinda makes me want to wait at least 6 months before playing any new quests... Also I second GeneralEU on making the library account wide so I don't have to suffer looking at my main character's incomplete library lol

Unfortunately, this would make it easier to collect books, but also account wide books will not necessarily be easy to implement without compromising the ability to earn skill line mages guild points. Or you have to check every corner in the dungeon or location that directs you from the quest and check your inventory with the quest items tab (this is also how books/notes given by NPC).

I getcha. I was thinking: make Eidetic Memory account wide except for Shalidor's Library (Mages Guild skill points) and crafting motifs. It's simple in concept, don't know if it's easy to implement, though. In any case, I guess the easiest fix is still adding post-quest locations for all the quest books in places that make sense, like right outside the quest locked place's door or at the place where you gather to celebrate after you end a questline (Gonfalon Palace in the case of High isle, for example). Or just don't move them (too far) from their original location for books like Congratulations On Another Success! (maybe move it to somewhere else in the Manor, just don't take it away from me please, lol)

I'm frustrated because I make a point to read all dialogue and books, check my inventory at every quest step and read books from there, and yet I still have incomplete stuff. My completionist heart💔 (I know it pretty much doesn't matter but it really doesn't seem like much to ask...)
    Like, I'm sure I wouldn't have missed books that are supposedly next to quest markers. But I can't really search the forums to see if they were patched in after the chapter release because the patch notes aren't even specific enough (someone else already mentioned this issue in this thread).
    she/her
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    GeneralEU wrote: »
    Unfortunately, this would make it easier to collect books, but also account wide books will not necessarily be easy to implement without compromising the ability to earn skill line mages guild points.

I getcha. I was thinking: make Eidetic Memory account wide except for Shalidor's Library (Mages Guild skill points) and crafting motifs. It's simple in concept, don't know if it's easy to implement, though.

The way shards and styles (and many other account-wide) achievements got implemented (you get account-wide achievement, but per-character knowledge) shows that it's both feasible and easy enough.
  • agwm_2014
    agwm_2014
    ✭✭
    Hi, is there any way currently to get this one after completing the quest:

'Ascendant Champion's New Orders' (I can still see the boat to Sword's Rest Island in Skywatch, but doesn't let me use it anymore)

Another question, how do you get this one?:

'By Command of the Ascendant Order'
  • tiriusavarao
    tiriusavarao
    ✭✭✭
    agwm_2014 wrote: »

'Ascendant Champion's New Orders' (I can still see the boat to Sword's Rest Island in Skywatch, but doesn't let me use it anymore)

IIRC, the last one only appears during the Heroes of High Isle event.
    Edited by tiriusavarao on January 9, 2023 1:02PM
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Final Dream of Kasorayn was this inconspicuous rock in Ivyhame during the mainquest.

6sn4se0hpkyw.jpg

The map inside Ivyhame is unaccessible after quest. Zos said that all Firesong books are accessible after quest.
    How can I go and get that book after quest ? How can I read "Final Dream of Kasorayn" if I completed the main quest without finding it ?
    Here are the words:
    obq668xqmlrq.jpg

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_Kevin
    @ZOS_Bill

Please give us an answer, thanks

Not only can a player not re-enter Ivyhame after completing the associated quest but you also can not re-enter the library in Castle Mornard. Both seem to have missable lore.
    Unless these lore entries can be found in other locations? The patch note doesn’t specify.

• MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Avoranti wrote: »

Please give us an answer, thanks
    Not only can a player not re-enter Ivyhame after completing the associated quest but you also can not re-enter the library in Castle Mornard. Both seem to have missable lore.
    Unless these lore entries can be found in other locations? The patch note doesn’t specify.

You can get into Ivyhame if you teleport to someone who is on the quest and is inside. Not the proper "accessible post-quest", but it works.

As for the Castle Monard library, it contains no missable books, only a (rather big, compared to the rest of the zone) number of random bookshelves.

• agwm_2014
    agwm_2014
    ✭✭

IIRC, the last one only appears during the Heroes of High Isle event.

Thanks
  • agwm_2014
    agwm_2014
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_Kevin
    @ZOS_Bill

Hi, please try to fix these 24 lore books (23 of them are related to High Isle):

The Impresario's Catalogue (not available post quest)
    Ascendant Champion's New Orders

Tomes of Tributes (not possible to learn them on your main if you already got them with an alt)
    Ansei's Victory Clue
    Blackfeather Knave Clue
    Blood Sacrifice Clue
    Ceporah's Insight Clue
    Druid King Vestments Clue
    Grand Larceny Clue
    Grand Oratory Clue
    Hagraven Matron Clue
    Hlaalu Councilor Clue
    House Embassy Clue
    Knight Commander Clue
    Knights of Saint Pelin Clue
    Legion's Arrival Clue
    Murder of Crows Clue
    Psijic Relicmaster Clue
    Ring's Guile Clue
    Serpentguard Rider Clue
    Summerset Raid Clue
    Wispheart Totem Clue

Systres Tomes and Scrolls (not available post quest)
    Letter from Aurelia Jourvel
    Note to Cynric
    Ode to the Nose of a Woman

Wrothgar Writings (not available post quest)
    Royal Messenger's Fate
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭

This one is working as intended, being available only during the relevant event, much like books for other events, too, e.g., An Invitation to Elsweyr.
  • agwm_2014
    agwm_2014
    ✭✭

This one is working as intended, being available only during the relevant event, much like books for other events, too, e.g., An Invitation to Elsweyr.

Here it says it’s related to the High Isle prologue 2nd quest, which once completed, you can’t access Sword’s Rest Island directly anymore:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Ascendant_Champion's_New_Orders

Am I missing something?

• MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭

Here it says it’s related to the High Isle prologue 2nd quest, which once completed, you can’t access Sword’s Rest Island directly anymore:

Am I missing something?

Oh, my bad. I have confused it with the By Command of the Ascendant Order. That said, the Sword's Rest Island is also accessible if you're grouped up with someone doing the prologue.
  • agwm_2014
    agwm_2014
    ✭✭
    Hi, please try to fix these 24 lorebooks (23 of them are related to High Isle):

Am I missing something?

Oh, my bad. I have confused it with the By Command of the Ascendant Order. That said, the Sword's Rest Island is also accessible if you're grouped up with someone doing the prologue.

Indeed, that is why it would be great if they could make it accessible directly. Maybe by removing the limitation to visit the island post quest (as the boat is still there at Skywatch docks, but doesn't let you travel), putting it in Lady Arabelle's camp outside Vivec city or whatever; similarly as they did with others already.
  • AzureTheAware
    AzureTheAware
    ✭✭
    As for the Castle Monard library, it contains no missable books, only a (rather big, compared to the rest of the zone) number of random bookshelves.

Thats not true. Arnoit and Lisette: The True Story is inside.
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Arnoit_and_Lisette:_The_True_Story
    But please correct me if iam wrong. Maybe there is an other way to get the book?
    Edited by AzureTheAware on January 11, 2023 7:09PM
  • Bonstrigmo
    Bonstrigmo
    ✭✭
    I skimmed over the pages and couldn't find anything about "An Excerpt from the Book of Seasons". I'm missing the lore book called "An Excerpt from the Book of Seasons" from Hew's Bane Bookshelf category in the Eidetic Memory. Everything I google and the Lore Book addon tells me it's in the Hubalajad Palace in Hew's Bane and I guess the only way into Hubalajad Palace is a main story quest and I have done every single quest in Hew's Bane. So how do I go about getting this lore book called "An Excerpt from the Book of Seasons"? I contacted support and they said to use Lore Book addon and it is also locked by the main quest I already completed, and that area is not accessible after you have left it and completed the quest but for that reason there is more then one spawn for the lore book. Any help with this?
  • This_0ne
    This_0ne
    ✭✭✭
    "About Jhaka" book is bugged? Dont see it in Pulk after quest. Any ways to get it? Relog not help.
  • agwm_2014
    agwm_2014
    ✭✭
    Bonstrigmo wrote: »
    I skimmed over the pages and couldn't find anything about "An Excerpt from the Book of Seasons". I'm missing the lore book called "An Excerpt from the Book of Seasons" from Hew's Bane Bookshelf category in the Eidetic Memory. Everything I google and the Lore Book addon tells me it's in the Hubalajad Palace in Hew's Bane and I guess the only way into Hubalajad Palace is a main story quest and I have done every single quest in Hew's Bane. So how do I go about getting this lore book called "An Excerpt from the Book of Seasons"? I contacted support and they said to use Lore Book addon and it is also locked by the main quest I already completed, and that area is not accessible after you have left it and completed the quest but for that reason there is more then one spawn for the lore book. Any help with this?

I don't know if it spawns in another location (maybe someone can comment about that). But if you have a friend doing the original quest and group with him when having access to the palace, then you should be able to enter again too.
  • agwm_2014
    agwm_2014
    ✭✭
    This_0ne wrote: »
    "About Jhaka" book is bugged? Dont see it in Pulk after quest. Any ways to get it? Relog not help.

After the related Ember quest you can still find it in Pulk: It's very near to the entrance, on top of a barrel on the 2nd group of barrels on the left side.
  • This_0ne
    This_0ne
    ✭✭✭
    sorry i am idiot)
    Edited by This_0ne on January 17, 2023 3:32PM
  • mariliaribas
    mariliaribas
    ✭✭✭
    Rite of the scion (old reward from the vampire quest line) is still not available in the game since the vampire revamp 2020 or so).
    At this point I have almost no hopes of getting this one fixed,I just keep commenting about it so people don't forget 🥲
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rite of the scion (old reward from the vampire quest line) is still not available in the game since the vampire revamp 2020 or so).
    At this point I have almost no hopes of getting this one fixed,I just keep commenting about it so people don't forget 🥲

That's still not fixed?
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Emeric's Judgment

Hhhhhhhhhhhooooollllllllyyyyyyyy...

FINALLY found it. So it took what, just three months of checking 20 bookshelves every single day. X.X

• LMarshall910
    LMarshall910
    ✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    @Ayantir has done a great deal of very awesome work! I have to say there are a few missing from his addon still (damn that I play on NA and data gathered on EU!), but hopefully the devs can take a look at his data and pick out the quest locked ones (and possibly phased ones, but these I physically have to visit in game "No Quarantine for Us" for example simply isn't at the location on Lorebooks, after running through on another toon I realized the entire area phases once the related quest is complete and that is the reason the book isn't visible.
    If anyone is looking for this book, it is located between a rock under an orange glowing mushroom between Obsidian Gorge and Obsidian Gorge Wayshrine post-quest. I have updated the location on UESP to reflect this.
  • mariliaribas
    mariliaribas
    ✭✭✭
    The next event Season of the Dragon is the same Elsweyr event we had before (pan-elsweyr)? I'm asking because I need the lorebook An Invitation to Elsweyr and the last time we were able to obtain it was at the Elsweyr event...
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The next event Season of the Dragon is the same Elsweyr event we had before (pan-elsweyr)? I'm asking because I need the lorebook An Invitation to Elsweyr and the last time we were able to obtain it was at the Elsweyr event...

Yes, it'll be available during the event at the impresario
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • pelle412
    pelle412
    ✭✭✭✭
    The eidetic memory book Letter from Vetitia Marcott is missing. Prior posts in this thread have identified it as on the floor in Shornhelm Outlaw refuge but it is not there.

Edited by pelle412 on January 24, 2023 2:30PM
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    pelle412 wrote: »
    The eidetic memory book Letter from Vetitia Marcott is missing. Prior posts in this thread have identified it as on the floor in Shornhelm Outlaw refuge but it is not there.

It *IS* there, but only after you complete (maybe start?) the related Isobel's quest:

9abkr8kljpyy.png

• pelle412
    pelle412
    ✭✭✭✭

It *IS* there, but only after you complete (maybe start?) the related Isobel's quest:

Are you referring to Isobel's quests as you increase rapport with the companion? I completed 100% of high isle quests, but have not done Isobel's quests that become available as rapport with companion increases.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    pelle412 wrote: »

Are you referring to Isobel's quests as you increase rapport with the companion? I completed 100% of high isle quests, but have not done Isobel's quests that become available as rapport with companion increases.

Yes, this letter is related to Isobel's 4th quest.