The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• dark_nick
    dark_nick
    Djennku wrote: »
    GeneralEU wrote: »
    Bookcase locations in Galen

During the quest "The Ivy Throne" we get access to a library with 6-8 Bookcases.
    Enter to Castle Tonnere Dungeons:
    imp29ifx7h5w.png
    d425f8sm3a89.png

City:
    v5h84t8gb11u.png

Found it. Was earlier in this thread.

And remeber that the library is open only during quest ivy throne, so don't advance on the story if want to use it
  • dark_nick
    dark_nick
    virtus753 wrote: »
    dark_nick wrote: »
    Hi, missing these lorebooks:

1)royal messenger's fate (hope in a miracle)

2)by command of the ascendant order (i know, i know, it's from last event but i missed it)

3)systres history addendum the druids of galen (i know random bookcase right?)

4)on nature spirits (i have no clue about this, any help? be specific please, i play on ps5 no coordinates)

5)druid funerals a piece of y'ffre (random bookcase? i have no clue)

thanks for reading

I found the funerals one in a shelf in Castle Mornard, so I suspect it’s a random draw.

lorebook 5 and 3 found in random bookcase (thank for the map, very useful)
    Missing only ON NATURE SPIRITS (random bookcase too?)
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    Hi, missing these lorebooks:

1)royal messenger's fate (hope in a miracle)

2)by command of the ascendant order (i know, i know, it's from last event but i missed it)

3)systres history addendum the druids of galen (i know random bookcase right?)

4)on nature spirits (i have no clue about this, any help? be specific please, i play on ps5 no coordinates)

5)druid funerals a piece of y'ffre (random bookcase? i have no clue)

thanks for reading

I found the funerals one in a shelf in Castle Mornard, so I suspect it’s a random draw.

lorebook 5 and 3 found in random bookcase (thank for the map, very useful)
    Missing only ON NATURE SPIRITS (random bookcase too?)

Random bookshelf
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can get back into the castle from the beach. I've finished the whole main story quest and am able to go back through a cave into the lower dungeons of that castle
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anne13 wrote: »
    You can get back into the castle from the beach. I've finished the whole main story quest and am able to go back through a cave into the lower dungeons of that castle

The quest reference was was not about the castle Tonnere (which is accessible any time, before, during or after any quests), it was about the library on the second floor of the castle Mornard, which has numerous overturned bookshelves but is only accessible during the Ivy Throne quest.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone confirm if the book "Systres History Addendum: the druids of Galen" is found elsewhere aside from random bookshelves? I've been running them since the dlc came out and have not seen it yet.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭

The quest reference was was not about the castle Tonnere (which is accessible any time, before, during or after any quests), it was about the library on the second floor of the castle Mornard, which has numerous overturned bookshelves but is only accessible during the Ivy Throne quest.

Ah my bad. Yeah I can't get in the library again either.
    What's the cool down for bookshelves
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's the cool down for bookshelves

They cycle once per 24 hours, though I don't know what exact time, either 6 AM UTC (dailies reset) or not.

Note that they are different in different instances, so if you can teleport to someone in another instance, you can get 2x the number of books checked.
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    My farming books show that even after an hour some books can change, but most of them are the same. It is better to do it every 24 hours as a colleague mentioned here.
  • Gabriel_H
    Gabriel_H
    ✭✭✭
    Warden's Orders For The Day - Does it have a post-quest location yet?

Vastyr Fisherfolk Song - Read it, unread glow gone, but not recorded in Lore LIbrary. Anyone else having this problem? - EDIT: Just found it in a bookshelf, rather than the world copy, and it now shows as read in Lore Library.
    Edited by Gabriel_H on December 4, 2022 4:23PM
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gabriel_H wrote: »

Vastyr Fisherfolk Song - Read it, unread glow gone, but not recorded in Lore LIbrary. Anyone else having this problem? - EDIT: Just found it in a bookshelf, rather than the world copy, and it now shows as read in Lore Library.

Warden's orders was bugged at the launch of the Deadlands DLC, but is now fixed. Go into the blood pit where you teleport onto the platform. The page is on the table or in that area. Enjoy!
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello could someone let me know if these books are from bookshelves in Galen please

Bolgas guide to galen beasts
    Dreadsails: threat to the isles
    The dame of castle navire
    The dream of kasorayn
    The final dream of kasorayn
    The storm and the sunflower
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭

Vastyr Fisherfolk Song - There are 2 copies of this book (1 in Vastyr and the other in radom bookshelf)
    Hello could someone let me know if these books are from bookshelves in Galen please

The dream of kasorayn

Bolgas guide to galen beasts - In Vastyr
    Dreadsails: threat to the isles - In Vastyr
    The dame of castle navire - I don't remember where, but you can find it somewhere in Galen
    The dream of kasorayn - Check this post
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7751125/#Comment_7751125
    The final dream of kasorayn - Check this post
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7750487/#Comment_7750487
    The storm and the sunflower - During the quest "The Ivy Throne" in libary
    Edited by GeneralEU on December 5, 2022 8:10PM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Vastyr Fisherfolk Song - There are 2 copies of this book (1 in Vastyr and the other in radom bookshelf)

The dream of kasorayn

The dame of castle navire - I don't remember where, but you can find it somewhere in Galen
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7751125/#Comment_7751125
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7750487/#Comment_7750487

Is that the Tempest and the Sunflower? If so, I’ve found it on random bookshelves, not during the quest, as well.
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭

The dream of kasorayn

Thank you! Have them all now except 'The final dream of kasorayn’
    I’m am ps5 eu
    I guess I could do the main quest on another toon and get a friend to travel in and I’ll travel in on them.

And ‘The storm and the sunflower’ can be found at Windrack Fort around the docks
    Edited by Anne13 on December 6, 2022 8:18AM
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    I guess I could do the main quest on another toon and get a friend to travel in and I’ll travel in on them.

Yes, you can do in this way ;)
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can someone confirm the locations of these 3 books?

Emeric's Judgment -- is it in-world or a bookshelf book?

Spirit of the Volcano -- as I understand, it is supposed to be here:

q03qi864dk1o.png

... but I can't find it.

To See My Systres -- again, as I understand, it is supposedly here:

9sch9gzzzcjg.png

... but I also can't find it.
  • Daniel141182
    note to cynric
    rite of scion
    royal meassanger fate

Any of these fixed after last patch? Post quest
  • Ch3mical_92
    Ch3mical_92
    ✭✭✭
    Both clues got added on console today

wq8erv62y39y.jpg
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a post-quest location for the two Dreams of Kasorayn books? Didn't see them glowing anywhere in Ivyhame and now the door there is sealed.
    Hermaeus Mora, elder than Ada, Abyssal Cephaliarch, hearken to the plea of this unworthy, for I have come to barter for knowledge denied.
    excerpt from Fragmentae Abyssum Hermaeus Morus
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MRusso89 wrote: »
    Is there a post-quest location for the two Dreams of Kasorayn books? Didn't see them glowing anywhere in Ivyhame and now the door there is sealed.

You must port to someone already in there to get those after the quest. Despite the claim in the original U36 patch notes, they did not properly make all lorebooks accessible following their respective quests in Firesong.

Those two don't glow because they're not books. They are inscriptions on rocks.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can someone confirm the locations of these 3 books?

Emeric's Judgment -- is it in-world or a bookshelf book?

Spirit of the Volcano -- as I understand, it is supposed to be here:

q03qi864dk1o.png

... but I can't find it.

To See My Systres -- again, as I understand, it is supposedly here:

9sch9gzzzcjg.png

... but I also can't find it.

You are off on the locations by a bit.

Spirit of the Volcano is located with a group of a few human enemies north (I believe) of the path below which you're standing in the first screenshot. It is up a small incline.

To See My Systres: If you see the shape of the long tent that makes a crescent with a dot in the middle (a long tent stretching north-south, with points curving west), where the most northeastern white flag is located on your screenshot, you will find To See My Systres on a table on the southern end under the tent.
  • ErianaSagewing
    I got a lovely surprise this evening - the two lorebooks for Tomes of Tributes have now been included in the Xbox Lore Library (as expected from the patch notes).

The surprise was that when I read the clues, which I've been carefully keeping in my bank, not only did they update but Legion's Arrival did too so that section is currently complete!
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    You are off on the locations by a bit.

Spirit of the Volcano is located with a group of a few human enemies north (I believe) of the path below which you're standing in the first screenshot. It is up a small incline.

To See My Systres: If you see the shape of the long tent that makes a crescent with a dot in the middle (a long tent stretching north-south, with points curving west), where the most northeastern white flag is located on your screenshot, you will find To See My Systres on a table on the southern end under the tent.[/quote]

Thanks, got both
  • ErianaSagewing
    For those who haven't yet found it, I just wanted to confirm that Emeric's Judgement is found in random bookshelves. I've been touring the bookshelves of Galen for days and it finally popped in Castle Tonnere.

I think the following books are currently unavailable (either bugged or only live during specific events):

Notes and Memos - A Plea for the Elder Scrolls x 2, Scroll temples of Mnem & Chim

Rituals and Revelations - Rite of the Scion

Systres Tomes and Scrolls - Izbadd's Letter, Kiv's Notes, Letter from Aurelia Jourvel, Ode to the Nose of a Woman

The Impressario's Catalogue - A Quest of Sand, Snow and Blood, An Invitation to Elsweyr, Bounties of Blackwood

Wrothgar Writings - Royal Messenger's Fate

If anyone knows differently, please let me know where the books can be located so I can go get them.

Thanks!
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For those who haven't yet found it, I just wanted to confirm that Emeric's Judgement is found in random bookshelves. I've been touring the bookshelves of Galen for days and it finally popped in Castle Tonnere.

I think the following books are currently unavailable (either bugged or only live during specific events):

Notes and Memos - A Plea for the Elder Scrolls x 2, Scroll temples of Mnem & Chim

Rituals and Revelations - Rite of the Scion

Systres Tomes and Scrolls - Izbadd's Letter, Kiv's Notes, Letter from Aurelia Jourvel, Ode to the Nose of a Woman

The Impressario's Catalogue - A Quest of Sand, Snow and Blood, An Invitation to Elsweyr, Bounties of Blackwood

Wrothgar Writings - Royal Messenger's Fate

If anyone knows differently, please let me know where the books can be located so I can go get them.

Thanks!

The scroll books are there in the scroll temples but frequently load incorrectly so they're glitched into the ground and can't be targeted. You can try running far enough away for them to respawn or relogging. It may take several tries to get them to spawn on top of the pedestals. At one point Kevin said he'd pass the issue on to the devs, but as far as I'm aware it's never been fixed.
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone seen Theories: Soulrazer Knights?
  • dark_nick
    dark_nick

wq8erv62y39y.jpg
    [/quote]

yeah and now i miss only 3 upgraded card clues, while in the journal miss 6 clues (and those read and found?????)
    Edited by dark_nick on December 12, 2022 12:25PM
  • Anyammis
    Anyammis
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone confirm for me that "Y'ffelon, the Forbidden Island" is a bookshelf? I have been trying bookshelves for over a month but I think I've gotten extremely unlucky if it is a bookshelf one.
    PC NA
    GM of Eyes of the Queen
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Anyammis wrote: »
    Can someone confirm for me that "Y'ffelon, the Forbidden Island" is a bookshelf? I have been trying bookshelves for over a month but I think I've gotten extremely unlucky if it is a bookshelf one.

Random bookshelf

Check out this post for bookshelves location: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7752549/#Comment_7752549