Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you still play ToT?

• Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I still play, albeit sporadically. That's in line with my play pattern for ESO, not a representation of my interest.

I like the way that upgrading cards and decks were integrated into the game. The rewards are fine with me. I think that the system as a whole could use a tweaking, especially around the score.
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes but sometimes get bored ad randomly quit matches to join a battleground instead.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, you can already get temps, even purple temps. But I don't think I've ever gotten a gold temp yet. I may have gotten Kuta-- I'm honestly not sure, because I tend to come across Kuta fairly regularly in Runestones, so it probably wouldn't stand out in my mind if I were to get Kuta in my ToT rewards-- but I'm pretty sure I haven't gotten any gold temps, certainly not Chromium Plating. And a chance to get rare trait mats-- Potent Nirncrux, Fortified Nirncrux, Slaughterstone, etc.-- would almost certainly attract more players to ToT. Oh, they'd probably still complain about it; but they'd probably be more inclined to at least give it a try, and to possibly keep at it.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes but not as often as I used to
    Syldras wrote: »
    No, I don't play ToT anymore. I found it boring from the beginning, to be honest, but, wanting to give it a chance at least, thought I might at least level it up a bit and see if it gets more interesting on higher levels. Then Firesong was released, I decided to focus on the new story quests first and continue levelling ToT later... But never took it up again since that. No motivation. And somehow I doubt that will change.
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    Also, it's way better and much more challenging than lockpicking, scrying or digging, and unlike those previous awful mini-games you can completely skip ToT if you don't like it.

Lockpicking as a mechanism makes sense though, as boxes containing valuables won't just lay around open (and if you don't like it, you can just try to break locks at the cost of 1 lockpick, with very good chances if you improve the lockpicking skill in the legerdemain skill line).

Excavations add much to the lore through the descriptions of the antiquities. Of course not everyone cares for that, but I think it was an interesting new method of storytelling.

If it's necessary to force people to do it to get mythic items is another question, though. I think things should be kept seperate. No one should be forced to get an item useful for PvP though excavations, no one should have to play ToT to progress in a non-ToT-related storyquest (as it was on Galen), and basic furniture items shouldn't be locked behind group dungeons (prestige objects like sculptures - I'm fine with that; but not basic things like windows). I know they want to "motivate" players to try different things, but I find it rather frustrating (and not motivating at all) if I have to do things I don't enjoy to get something I want/need that's related to a completely different thing.

I really can't understand why people keeps crying and nagging about one single unique hiper mega super ultra easy quest, that requires no skills, it's played only one time and it's done forever, while if you don't like scrying and excavating you'll still have to do it at least one million times to get mythic items. [snip] :D Yeah! It's not perfect, but those excuses are the worst. :smile:

[edited for minor baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 22, 2023 7:31PM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Okay, I got a gold Tempering Alloy today from one of my coffers, so hopefully that means we do have a chance for Chromium Plating. But a chance for some rare trait mats would also be awesome. :)
  • Sheridan
    Sheridan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, every day. Actually I spend more time in it than in the rest of the game. I remember someone posted a request here, to have an option of uninstalling ToT from game client, because it's super addicting. ;)
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'm not fond of PVP and it's a good way to get additional transmute crystals.
    PS5/NA
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes

It is PvP unless you only play against NPCs. So is Chess.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

It is PvP unless you only play against NPCs. So is Chess.

I think that might be what they meant. I guess the potential Transmute Crystals rewards are much greater if you play against other players in ranked matches, but you can still get a few TCs from playing the NPCs.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    i still play ToT, mostly completing the NPC daily, i dont really prefer playing against players, i did about 13 pvp matches to get the card upgrades that required playing match making games and that was pretty much it

i play more frequently on days i work from home because against an npc theres no turn timer, so its low stress, low focus, good rewards while im working
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I played on PTS, I quit, I played a little bit on live... then not again.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I put yes but I am not really playing it, only doing for a dialy and season rewards for crystals.

I try to do a daily win while also getting the daily quest for PVP wins from the quest giver in high isle.
    What I tend to do is just do a win 1 per day for the purple reward coffer and eventually hand in the 3 wins to the NPC when I get them, some times I just do the 3 wins on one day anyway.
    I do not bother wasting my time playing the NPCs, you only have to play patrons to win.

I am actually pretty good at the game and have a certain pattern I am playing that seems to net me wins most of the time, but I am only playing for those NPC daily quest wins and for the overall season to get rubedite just for the transmute crystals. I also got outfit pages from it and I still think I need 1 or 2 of the pages too.

I damn well know they will add mythic leads to it at some point so i want to try and keep the games function in my memory.
    As an example of what I mean, witcher 3 gwent, i now have completely forgotten how that game works.
    ToT I want to completely remember how it works so i can always jump in whenever I am playing ESO.
    It is a reasonable decent way to make a consistent semi decent amount of transmute crystals.
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Was worried they might be finished tossing out decks for us to collect once this last Chapter completed. Happy to see they snuck one into the Necrom chapter. I find the deck fragments make for really good rewards for the content I like to do. I also love those tapestry furnishings we can pick up in the reward containers and how unique they look in comparison to other artwork furnishings. I hope to see more of those in the future as well.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Stinkyremy wrote: »
    I damn well know they will add mythic leads to it at some point so i want to try and keep the games function in my memory.

I seriously doubt that they'll ever add mythic leads to ToT. I honestly wish they would, but a lot of players raised such a stink about ToT even being a thing in the first place, and insisted that they must never, ever be required to play ToT in order to get some highly-desired gear, that they effectively crippled the potential rewards that can be obtained by playing ToT.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Stinkyremy wrote: »

I seriously doubt that they'll ever add mythic leads to ToT. I honestly wish they would, but a lot of players raised such a stink about ToT even being a thing in the first place, and insisted that they must never, ever be required to play ToT in order to get some highly-desired gear, that they effectively crippled the potential rewards that can be obtained by playing ToT.

you never know, that didnt stop them from trying to add it in a quest in galen (though the match you have to play is technically not impactful to the quest, as it can be skipped, or the quest will continue regardless if you won or lost)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mesite wrote: »
    The answer is no, but the question is 'Have you ever played ToT?'

I keep meaning to try but heard it's complicated.

This for me too. I tried it when it was on PTS and between the bugginess there and the rules being hard to follow as a result I wasn’t hooked enough to try it on live. At some point I will probably do it just to shut up Sorinne Gaerard, but there are dozens of other things I can do with my time even just limiting myself to ESO, so there’s no rush.

In the game’s defense, I’m not much of a card game person in the first place, so winning me over was always going to be an uphill battle.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Caligulove
    Caligulove
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No. I have always found it boring. It's just another quest I pick up to silence an NPC on a new toon, along with "DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOU".
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, now that I've finally finished a bunch of other things I've gotten back into it.

Sure would be nice to get a Clue drop.
  • HalfDragoness
    HalfDragoness
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, I personally really enjoy ToT.... or I did until very recently. I've hit a wall where in every game I play there's a Crow + Reach King patron combo, and that the winning strategy is to get crows, then delete as many of your other cards as possible so that you can just do infinite crows until the timer runs out. Now, I don't mind this as a strategy but I hate that it seems to be the only strategy. I imagined top tier competative ToT to have variety of winning strategies, and it's the luck of the draw which influences whether a player can pull their strategy off or not. But it's not like that. Nearly every game I've played has devolved into a crow gab. I usually try to pressurise my opponent by trying ti win by patron favour but the infinite crow strategy generates both money and power which they will nearly always use on the Reach-King patron to draw more cards.

I'm just bored of seeing this one strategy over and over....
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I played for a while, against NPCs only. I stopped for a while, and haven't missed it enough to restart.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I really can't understand why people keeps crying and nagging about one single unique hiper mega super ultra easy quest, that requires no skills, it's played only one time and it's done forever, while if you don't like scrying and excavating you'll still have to do it at least one million times to get mythic items. [snip] :D Yeah! It's not perfect, but those excuses are the worst. :smile:

What excuse? I think game systems should be kept seperate, plain and simple, because players should not be forced to do things they don't care for in a game, to get things for another activity they are interested in. I explained this in detail in the post you quoted. And this also goes for things I personally enjoy such as the antiquity system, by the way. It's a matter of principle for me, not just "Nah, I don't want activity xy". In my opinion it's bad design, same as having an unmuteable screaming npc advertising an activity not everyone is interested in. Do you want to be forced to do things you don't enjoy in a game, or why do you criticize this?

Edited by Syldras on February 5, 2023 9:25AM
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes but not as often as I used to
    Syldras wrote: »

What excuse? I think game systems should be kept seperate, plain and simple, because players should not be forced to do things they don't care for in a game, to get things for another activity they are interested in. I explained this in detail in the post you quoted. And this also goes for things I personally enjoy such as the antiquity system, by the way. It's a matter of principle for me, not just "Nah, I don't want activity xy". In my opinion it's bad design, same as having an unmuteable screaming npc advertising an activity not everyone is interested in. Do you want to be forced to do things you don't enjoy in a game, or why do you criticize this?

Now I'm confused. Aren't we all constantly forced to do things we don't enjoy in this game or any other MMO? I always hated the antiquity system, I find scrying and excavating boring as hell.

Now, explain me: What do I miss if I don't play those infinite forced scrying and excavating things? What do you miss if you don't play that insanely easy and ultra fast ToT match only one time in one quest?

Really??? One single super easy forced match is a bigger problem than the infinite awful mini-games of the antiquity system? :smiley: It's a big game... Some things we like, others we don't, some are easy for us, others don't.
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Never played it and not likely too.
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Really??? One single super easy forced match is a bigger problem than the infinite awful mini-games of the antiquity system?

Did anyone say that?
    Now, explain me: What do I miss if I don't play those infinite forced scrying and excavating things? What do you miss if you don't play that insanely easy and ultra fast ToT match only one time in one quest?

I find comparisons about who has it worse extremely silly. That's the reason I didn't write a single word about one thing being worse than the other. It is of no relevance for me. I wrote general criticism about interlinking completely different game activities that don't have anything to do with each other, which is, in my opinion, bad design. I won't explain it a third time. If you don't want to understand, fine with me. Others seem to get what I was about.

Edited by Syldras on February 5, 2023 5:31PM
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not gotten round to trying it yet!
    Waiting until I can get a new main sorted and do the quest with them. I am kinda between characters currently, so not really playing until I decide what class I wanna play.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • SaliciaKeyz
    Ingenon wrote: »
    I am only doing the intro ToT quest on my alts to shut up the carnival barker Sorinne Gaerard that is in multiple zones.

Gods yes! That NPC sounds wayyy out of place and it wiggs me out of my RPG. She has this real money-grabby sound to her voice.

Edited by SaliciaKeyz on February 6, 2023 3:34PM
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Ingenon wrote: »
    I am only doing the intro ToT quest on my alts to shut up the carnival barker Sorinne Gaerard that is in multiple zones.

Gods yes! That NPC sounds wayyy out of place and it wiggs me out of my RPG. She has this real money-grabby sound to her voice.

There's something about all of the quest NPCs related to ToT that just...bothers me. I don't know what it is.
  • gusthermopyle
    gusthermopyle
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Yes. Every single day. I like it :)
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    At this point, I play it when new decks/achievements are released. I find it incredibly boring and never could get over the implementation and lack of importance on deck building outside of the match.

Although, I recognize that I probably need to spend some time farming out the style pages that drop. Might do that during the chapter release.
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nope, Never played it never will. Not out of spite or anything, it just looks long and boring and arduous.
    Kind of annoyed it has a good working leaderbord though, unlike BG's - that i do like doing.