Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Buggy Heavy Attacks.

• Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin will this issue be readdressed with the block fixes don’t see any notes on it. This went from being fixed to back to being bugged again when the last patched occurred
  • smackinhippies
    smackinhippies
    ✭✭✭
    After running dungeons with this latest patch it was nice to see block working as intended again but I'm back to not being able to weave heavy attacks on my tank after dropping block without firing a light attack or another skill first. I'm on XBox NA.
  • Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin will this be addressed again anytime soon we want from it being fixed to it being a problem hurting sustain on tanking.
  • Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin will this issue ever be fixed again it’s been bugged again since the other patches after it’s fix
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe someone will answer when the plan for 223 happens.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • BaalMelqartu
    BaalMelqartu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still desperately hoping for some word...
  • Gurthug
    Gurthug
    ✭✭
    This still is not fixed! I just returned to ESO on PS5 after many months off and found this bug infurating. Won't be re-subscribing to ESO plus after all...
    Gurthug (PS5) - Imperial StamDK
  • Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭
    Gurthug wrote: »
    This still is not fixed! I just returned to ESO on PS5 after many months off and found this bug infurating. Won't be re-subscribing to ESO plus after all...

It was fixed for a short week then they reverted the patch when a new block buff appeared. It could be related to this buff hopefully we hear back soon on it. Until then we can only continue to blow this up as we the tank community are small and feel this more than our dps and healers do.
  • Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭
    Still desperately hoping for some word...
    Helps to blow this up and keep them informed @ZOS_Kevin has gone quiet on us after the patch that was suppose to fix it before bigger bugs appeared and they reverted it.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

Any word on when (if ever) these bug fixes will be reinstated? It's really unfortunate that the solution to the block bug was to simply reintroduce both of these bugs back into the game.

I am once again constantly getting stuck in heavy attacks now, when it was fixed during the first weeks of firesong.

https://streamable.com/0a30hk
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Grandsheba
    Grandsheba
    ✭✭✭
    Same here!! It's horrible, I tried to use it 4 times on a target and then my sword started floating under the ground one hand and my back bar wep In the other hand. Then I couldn't switch bars I was just stuck. I dont understand how they keep messing up the game and talking about "improvements" update 32 was possibly the most fun I've ever had in the game, we alot fewer bugs and more fun content for combat. Now...im lucky I don't blue screen or just fall through the map.
    "The Tower touches all the mantles of Heaven and by its apex one can be as he will. Be as he was and yet changed for all else on that path for those that walk after. This is [CHIM] the secret of how mortals become makers, and makers back to mortals."
  • Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin are we ever going to get a solid fox for this we have been waiting for months and no word on when it will be patched back up
  • Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭
    Hope this is mentioned in the reveal stream coming up @ZOS_Kevin we tanks would like to get this fixed. Had a friend I was helping teach tank get yelled at by another player because they were having bad sustain issues due to getting stuck between heavy attack and block. The tank community only seems to be getting smaller.
  • Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_KevinO we are still waiting on an update if this bug is going to be readdressed anytime soon we have been wanting this fixed since April and have been waiting on a proper fix.
  • Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin whats the status on getting this fixed. I just read the current patch notes I saw it did not include this as a fix. I don’t want this issue to be long forgotten as we have been waiting since April to get a proper fix. Bashing and trying to wind out heavy attacks are still bugged I am wondering if it will or will not be fixed by the next update.
  • BaalMelqartu
    BaalMelqartu
    ✭✭✭✭
    This still has not even been mentioned at all? I am so tired of heavy attacking but noticing after my dps drops fast that I have to re-click one or two times to make the dang staff ACTUALLY heavy attack. I keep thinking I must have just missed them addressing it but I search and can't find anything except for people begging for months to at least have it addressed.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been going on the best part of a year... you can say now this ain't getting fixed.
  • Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    It's been going on the best part of a year... you can say now this ain't getting fixed.

It won’t if we give up it’s part of the other block bug as well. Moment they fixed it block would then drop when you bashed. They mentioned in the notes they were still working on blocking issues. Hopefully this comes with it when they are done there. They had to revert the patch to fix the biggest issue which was reintroducing this bug. We need @ZOS_Kevin to respond to us on this issue. Keep tagging the devs and keeping this up until we get an update on a proper fix.
  • Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin whats an update on this issue
  • Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Psiion since you closed the other thread I made to create awareness any chance you can mention this to the rest of the devs. We have been waiting months for a proper fix and coming up to a year real soon.
  • snowsong
    snowsong
    ✭✭✭
    RoninMB wrote: »
    There's also a bug where you get stuck in the heavy attack animation. I used to just notice it with staves but now it happens with all weapons.

Thank you for your posts on this. This is happening to me again in 2023! First, it was only happening to my BF & we thought it was perhaps due to lag because he lives in the U.K. & plays on the N/A server, but now it is happening to me too and on both N/A & EU servers. My character goes into heavy attack mode without my prompting it to, and won't stop. I try reloading and sometimes that fixes it for a little bit, but then it goes right back to it in a few moments! When it is like this it does not let me properly access my menus either. I finally managed to get into my menu after a restart to turn on "no attacking innocents", since my companion & the guards did not appreciate me suddenly heavy-attacking NPCs out of the blue! LOL I have run virus checks on my computer and there is nothing wrong with my computer, so it has to be game bugs. Do others still have this issue or have this issue again? What can we do to correct this bugginess issue ingame? Thank you so much.

Edit: P.S. For more info., I'm playing from Florida, USA, and I have a high spec. gaming PC laptop computer & my BF is playing on a high-spec desktop PC & we both have this issue off & on now, but more again recently since the last update it seems & we both ran checks on our computers & they are not the problem. I even ran the ESO "game consultant" check today & more virus & malware checks, finding nothing wrong with my PC. It must be a game bug. Does anyone know a work-around solution until they get it fixed?

Thanks again. :smile:
    Edited by snowsong on February 26, 2023 3:18AM
    STORM-CATS =^..^=GUILD
    http://storm-cats.weebly.com/
    [Snowsong is using ROG G752VS on NA server.]
  • Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin any update on this issue we are getting closer and closer to a year every day since I originally put this bug report out.
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Fixed an issue where you could Bash and Light Attack simultaneously while using a gamepad."

Reading the patch notes, it seems like they tried fixing a different bug or either they just got their feedback wrong...

I don't know what kind of gamepad they're using but out of all the ones that I've tried none would let me Bash and Light Attack simultaneously... Anyone who actually uses a gamepad probably knows this. Hold Left Trigger to Block. While holding Left Trigger press Right Trigger to Bash. It's impossible to Light Attack while holding Block. Therefore impossible to Bash and Light Attack simultaneously...

On the other hand there is Light Attack into Bash (or Bash Cancelling). This even works on keyboard and mouse, so not sure if that's what they're talking about.

It would just be nice if they'd finally fix these gamepad bugs (or wonky-ness) that they have created over the past few years...
    Edited by N00BxV1 on March 14, 2023 4:35AM
  • Anifaas
    Anifaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is still happening and it is very frustrating. Why won't ZOS fix this bug? It has been over a year now.
  • Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin I will not stop bugging y’all until this issue is properly addressed. This issue went from being worked on to being reverted and thrown back out there with no information on a proper patch.
  • VolrathStormborn
    VolrathStormborn
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno

Hello again you two!

Been a few months since I bothered to post here again after you have been completely silent after the attempted fix caused a bigger issue with block dropping on Roll Dodge and Bash (if you got it to glitch out). I’m happy that Darrel has been keeping up with it since I have left my thread die out after this one finally got Kevin to acknowledge it.

Could we please get the respect we deserve as Clients and get any response from you? I understand that almost all Dev time is being put into the new class coming soon, but you should still responsibly have one Dev working on KI’s.

This lack of communication and common courtesy with the cold shoulder approach is why I only get on a total of three hours a week now for one Raid team. If it wasn’t for my commitment to that team, the same commitment you state to have to your community, I wouldn’t be playing ESO at this time. After 4 years and over $5.63k invested it really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

You’ve already lost so much after U35 with the massive amount of experienced players leaving who can no longer teach the new players you’re catering to right now.

All I see now is OakenSorcs running around with lightning Staves heavy attacking which this sadly affects too of course. The high end players are using them for easy clears of IR, GH, and possibly a couple other trifectas. Teams called “TheMeMeTeam” making fun of and exploiting the environment you have created to help the apparent Accessibility.

If I ever see movement on this issue along with the long list of KI’s in limbo I may come back, but until then I simply hosting a server of modded Minecraft which costs me about 1/3rd that of ESO spending for the VM service with a super responsive community within GitHub and other forums/Discords. If I have another decent computer it’d be free entirely.

ESO is great but don’t forget people get fed up and leave as there are other options out there. Please give us a courtesy and post any kind of update.

Vol
  • Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin whats is the state of this issue being fixed or addressed again. I know the last fox caused other issues and probably put some fear into the dev team to touch it we know it can be fixed if they look into what changed before update33 and now in heavy attack weaving problem. Support roles are at an all time low in this game now since no one besides myself wants to tank content due to these type of issues remaining in the game. I am too persistent to let y’all slack on this issue for the tank community is small as it is and it’s only getting smaller as many leave hoping this issue would be fixed by now.
  • Einar_Hrafnarsson
    Einar_Hrafnarsson
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin whats is the state of this issue being fixed or addressed again. I know the last fox caused other issues and probably put some fear into the dev team to touch it we know it can be fixed if they look into what changed before update33 and now in heavy attack weaving problem. Support roles are at an all time low in this game now since no one besides myself wants to tank content due to these type of issues remaining in the game. I am too persistent to let y’all slack on this issue for the tank community is small as it is and it’s only getting smaller as many leave hoping this issue would be fixed by now.

There are many, many gamebreaking bugs that have not been adressed in years. In my experience, they either do not have the tools or are simply not capable of fixing those issues.
  • Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭

There are many, many gamebreaking bugs that have not been adressed in years. In my experience, they either do not have the tools or are simply not capable of fixing those issues.

They have already showed they are capable of fixing this issue. They just need to make sure the other issues you added with that fix don’t come over. We have had heavy attacks charging up after a bash while blocking for years without it being broken until this past year. If anything they have not figured out what they changed that caused the issue in the first place. If they keep copies of thier code from prior versions it would be wise to look back before update33 and see what happens to cause it and revert it back to that version of the code.
  • Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin still waiting on an update on this issue I still don’t see a patch on it.