The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Buggy Heavy Attacks.

• Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they said it's hard for them to recreate the issue. If you want to help them, go ingame and recreate it in such a way that it can be recreated all the time in that specific way. Right now it just happens randomly in all kinds of situations.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    they said it's hard for them to recreate the issue. If you want to help them, go ingame and recreate it in such a way that it can be recreated all the time in that specific way. Right now it just happens randomly in all kinds of situations.

Kevin posted: "Got some brief feedback from the team noting that your feedback here has been helpful in narrowing down the issue."

People have already given plenty of feedback to help recreate it. And it is very easy to replicate -- just hold block, bash, then quickly release block and try to heavy attack...
  • Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭

If you read more of the threat you will find the video I made for them explaining the issue. @ZOS_Kevin then said the information was useful in narrowing the problem. Now we just wait to see when @ZOS_Kevin gives us information when this issue will be fixed
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I posted two very specific situations and the results I've seen from them.

I was able to reliable proc the health bug in Cloudrest and Halls of Fabrication by being in gamepad mode and tapping a function key (walk, mail, etc.) so the game automatically switched to keyboard mode.

And just now I reliably procced the stuck HA bug by tapping the controller trigger while in keyboard mode with the gamepad mode likewise set to "automatic." On a different character this time too.

That is not "randomly in all kinds of situations."
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just hold block, bash, then quickly release block and try to heavy attack...

it doesn't work at me. I tried blocking/dodging/swapping, heavy attacking while/after/during/before/etc, and couldn't recreate the bug properly. It randomly happens during fights, but i can't reliably recreate it myself to happen every time in a certain way or with a certain method.
    You maybe need a target for it, and maybe that target needs to be moving so your heavy attack gets stuck in your character's turning animation (there are videos on youtube explaining this behavior, i also have one), and during this turning time doing another action it leaves the heavy attack function unfinished and it remains on auto mode.

if your target is moving while you launch an attack, if you don't move your character, your character rotates by itself to face the target, the bugs with heavy attacks also make your character rotate by itself to the target it automatically heavy attacks
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭

it doesn't work at me. I tried blocking/dodging/swapping, heavy attacking while/after/during/before/etc, and couldn't recreate the bug properly. It randomly happens during fights, but i can't reliably recreate it myself to happen every time in a certain way or with a certain method.
    You maybe need a target for it, and maybe that target needs to be moving so your heavy attack gets stuck in your character's turning animation (there are videos on youtube explaining this behavior, i also have one), and during this turning time doing another action it leaves the heavy attack function unfinished and it remains on auto mode.

if your target is moving while you launch an attack, if you don't move your character, your character rotates by itself to face the target, the bugs with heavy attacks also make your character rotate by itself to the target it automatically heavy attacks

Go back through the feed and find the video I made explaining it and you will then be able to recreate it. If you don’t tank often it’s somthing you won’t notice for you won’t heavy attack as often as a tank does
  • TimeViewer
    TimeViewer
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All. Wanted to follow up here. We did pass this issue along when we last commented about the reports of heavy attack being bugged. We checked in with the team last week to check in on this. Unfortunately, they have not been able to reproduce this issue internally. However, we have share the thread again for the team to continue their investigation of the issue. We will pass on any additional feedback to help narrow down this issue for the team to identify. @Darrell9090, we'll make note of your testing for the team to try as well.

How can you guys not reproduce something that everybody playing has happening?? It happens anywhere outside of tutorial anywhere this has been going on so long it's not even funny any more, simply block and/or bash then try to heavy attack, you just stand there, doing anything else like a regular light attack will allow you to then do a heavy but by then the off balance effect is usually gone from your target.
  • TimeViewer
    TimeViewer
    ✭✭✭✭

Sorry but no the target moving/standing doesn't affect the bug, it's not just an animation issue or the stat would gain the recover, and the target would be knocked down while off balance. You say you randomly get it but you're probably doing a light attack or skill after your block/bash which re-enables the heavy. Simply block/bash then immediately try to heavy attack, just like you're suppose to to an off balance target (Bosses and some others don't off balance I'm just using that as a reference)

I get this with every role and every class, and it's been way way too long waiting for it to be fixed
  • Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin its update 35 day I am informing you I can confirm the bug is still there. I hope this can be resolved soon now that the bigger latch is out of the way. As tanks are going to need the heavy attack to be working better for sustain until people figure out how to play with these changes.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    The team is working on this. No updates as of right now. But the team is aware and working toward a solution.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭
    The team is working on this. No updates as of right now. But the team is aware and working toward a solution.

Any chance this will be fixed with update 36 or will we be holding off a bit longer.
  • Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin any chance this issue is being addressed in update 36. It’s been awhile since you have updated us in the progress of this issue.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Let me check in on this. I’ll update shortly.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Just an update here. We are reaching the end of testing to verify the fix works. Once that happens, we should have a better idea of when the fix will roll out. Nothing to report on timing yet, but we're getting to the end of the process.
    Staff Post
  • smackinhippies
    smackinhippies
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the update @ZOS_Kevin
  • TimeViewer
    TimeViewer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still not working
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I have the opposite. Sometimes I get stuck spamming heavy attack. I have to hold block, roll dodge once or twice in order to break the heavy attack cycle. Otherwise, my character just keeps heavy attacking over and over.

please fix kthxbye. 😑
  • Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    I think I have the opposite. Sometimes I get stuck spamming heavy attack. I have to hold block, roll dodge once or twice in order to break the heavy attack cycle. Otherwise, my character just keeps heavy attacking over and over.

please fix kthxbye. 😑

Is that with a lighting staff that’s a separate bug. The bug I’m taking about prevents you from heavy attacking after you drop block. If you hold block bash keep it held down your heavy won’t be wound up like it should. You see it more on tank site than a dps side since dps heavy less than us tanks.
  • VolrathStormborn
    VolrathStormborn
    ✭✭✭
    @Darrell9090
    Not sure if you saw the one liner in the latest PTS Notes but it looks like that fix is in. I have not been able to log in to test them out yet.

“ General
    Fixed an issue where bashing could clear your Heavy Attack inputs”
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

please fix kthxbye. 😑

Is that with a lighting staff that’s a separate bug. The bug I’m taking about prevents you from heavy attacking after you drop block. If you hold block bash keep it held down your heavy won’t be wound up like it should. You see it more on tank site than a dps side since dps heavy less than us tanks.

so many bugs, i cant keep track of them all. 👀

oh, and its with various different weapons. at first I thought my mouse was broken, but it still happens with my new mouse.
  • Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭
    @Darrell9090
    Not sure if you saw the one liner in the latest PTS Notes but it looks like that fix is in. I have not been able to log in to test them out yet.

“ General
    I see that makes me happy they seemed to fixed it only someone with access to the pts will be able to tell for sure. With this buffed been a rough ride for us tanks as we can’t heavy attack weave like we use tk so our sustain been down the drain.
  • Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭

please fix kthxbye. 😑

so many bugs, i cant keep track of them all. 👀

oh, and its with various different weapons. at first I thought my mouse was broken, but it still happens with my new mouse.

That sounds like a separate bug I have not experienced that on the ps5 it may be a pc problem. Then also other problem with experience seeing similar issues are. One lag server laggy at all or your connect certain abilities will keep procing as they are trying to catch up with the server. If your lagging too bad it will be seen as message spam you will then get booted for message spamming. Could be corrupted data may have to redownload something’s that could be a fix. Then it could be a external source like a add on if you have any on at the time. Worst case scenario it’s animation lag from your computer bot keeping up with the animations.
  • VolrathStormborn
    VolrathStormborn
    ✭✭✭
    @Darrell9090

“ General
    I see that makes me happy they seemed to fixed it only someone with access to the pts will be able to tell for sure. With this buffed been a rough ride for us tanks as we can’t heavy attack weave like we use tk so our sustain been down the drain.

Well crap @ZOS_Kevin looks like it was intended to be fixed but ended up breaking more instead.

https://youtu.be/CsNJWX4xGpc

To Be Continued……in another 3 months.
  • Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭
    @Darrell9090

“ General

Well crap @ZOS_Kevin looks like it was intended to be fixed but ended up breaking more instead.

https://youtu.be/CsNJWX4xGpc

To Be Continued……in another 3 months.

Hopefully that is fixed before the console update I say it will be in the coming week. He doesn’t mention the bug this forum was about.
  • Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭
    Just an update here. We are reaching the end of testing to verify the fix works. Once that happens, we should have a better idea of when the fix will roll out. Nothing to report on timing yet, but we're getting to the end of the process.

Playing now after the patch ok PlayStation I can confirm this bug is fixed thank you for getting this done will help us tanks sustain much better. Now we just got to get that new block bug fixed and we are golden.
  • VolrathStormborn
    VolrathStormborn
    ✭✭✭
    I concur and made a short clip of it but it wasn’t worth linking.

However, my question now @ZOS_Kevin is how long will it take for console to get the incremental patch that has the fix which PC should be getting in a couple weeks?

It was said that the fix was completed but it was not done in time for it to be added to the PC’s first incremental patch on game crashes. That fix has to wait two weeks because of the stadia certification cycle, but what about certification for PlayStation which is a well known pain in the ass?

Volrath
  • Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭

After the patch today this bug has also resurfaced
  • Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin this bug is back make sure the dev team knows as they continue to work on the block bug this bug seems to be connected to it
  • VolrathStormborn
    VolrathStormborn
    ✭✭✭
    They should be aware because the roll dodge bug was more impactful, and rather than take the time to fix that bug it was decided to revert the fix to this one which could have been the direct cause of it. Only now everyone is back to getting stuck in heavy attacks, not being able to heavy between hits/mechanics, and has caused the "new" bug (least on PC) where you can't block at all and have to reload/re-zone. That's been going on in Console since U36.

During our recent gameplay we would have attacks go right through block which is up on the client, but I'm guessing is down server side and we did no other actions to cause the change in state.

A lot of the inputs have been struggling for a while now with either lag or having to re-press them a few times to get them to pop like pots and Ulti's, heavies on staves, and now block. IDK what is going on over there but this needs to be fixed, QA needs to be checked and held accountable, and new bugs need to stop being introduced as often before too many people leave the game. It's already lost SO many, but now I'm even taking a break. No point running Trifecta teams if one of 12 people get caught in a bug and dies. They sure as hell can't leave instance and port back in especially depending on the trial and role.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to confirm that the "stuck in heavy attack" bug has been reintroduced to the game (which seems intentional, based on the patch notes). Do we have an eta for when this will be resolved, or are we just going to be stuck with this bug indefinitely?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster