The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Buggy Heavy Attacks.

• Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭
    @SkaraMinoc thats good the melee heavy attack bug is still there. If you hold
    Blocks try to jump into heavy attack you just stand there and do nothing. This effects tanks more than it does dps. As a tank main we just hold block let go let a heavy happen to restore some resources. That’s a bit harder as we got to wait longer to get heavy in now we are restoring less resources making some fights more difficult than they should be.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @SkaraMinoc thats good the melee heavy attack bug is still there. If you hold
    Blocks try to jump into heavy attack you just stand there and do nothing. This effects tanks more than it does dps. As a tank main we just hold block let go let a heavy happen to restore some resources. That’s a bit harder as we got to wait longer to get heavy in now we are restoring less resources making some fights more difficult than they should be.

I don't play melee so I haven't noticed the issue but I do know that heavy attack is one of the most important skills in the game. Anytime it breaks it's a big deal. I hope they fix it for you soon.
    PC NA
  • Quagile
    Quagile
    virtus753 wrote: »
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All, we have shared this thread with our dev team and they are looking into this issue. We'll follow up when we have more info.

Can you also please look into the bug with heavy attacks mentioned above where we will heavy attack even when no keys/buttons are being pressed? It's incredibly frustrating.

Was just about to make a different post but luckily I am not the only one experiencing this issue. I've died so many times in PvP due to the "no input heavy attack" loop, the only way I can get out of it is to dodge roll.
    Edited by Quagile on July 5, 2022 9:53PM
  • Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭
    @SkaraMinoc I Hope it gets fixed soon to. I made this post right after update 33 happened and they said they would look into it and we a haven’t heard anything sense. Since melee and tanks are a minority it’s harder to keep these forums on the front page so they can be worked on. Spread the word about it tell people to view this forum. Even now you can replicate this simple bug just hold block. Try to heavy attack moment block is dropped you will just stand there instead of swinging a sword. You can replicate this bug easy. As someone who has maimed a tank on eso since this game dropped normally I would hold heavy attack button down while dropping block and immediately get a heavy in and go back to blocking and doi any other skills. Now to get a heavy attack you got to stop blocking longer or fast another ability after dropping block to get that hit in. If your already low on resources you won’t be casting you will be waiting that extra second which in the case of a tank can be live and death depending on the situation. I’ve been using way more crown tristat potions I have had saved up ever since this started had about 9k of them. Best way to keep resources up until it’s fixed. As you said you don’t use melee you would have never noticed this. Please spread the word and help make this issue be known so it can possibly be fixed by update 35.
  • VolrathStormborn
    VolrathStormborn
    ✭✭✭
    [snip] Praying that we can simply get a response for this post @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno

Here is another post on it:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/601328/heavy-attack/p1

I main a DK Tank and we’re working on the Trifectas and vDSR HM. It has been a terrible issue for any Tank trying to sustain. Our Hail Mary pass was using Combustion in an attempt to regain resources. That was dropped last patch.

The others could have been things such as the recovery CP Nodes but those were made just as useless to us going from 360 to a measly 90. The changes to Block starting back to where we cannot block from Sprinting forward have all been negatively affecting players and there’s no response or light at the end of the tunnel. Now I’m finding on the High Isle update that Ultimates, Potions quick slotted, and other delayed inputs are occurring (cannot say if it’s just a console controller issue).

Everyone gets mad that there are not enough Tanks, fake Tanks in queue, etc and these are not helping. Myself, I have been kicked from a couple teams and/or put on Backup because I cannot show that I can “reliably sustain” when before April 2022 I was the “OP Tank”.

Please help out the Tanks some, especially since damage will be reduced more next update making encounters longer where better sustain will be needed even more.

[edited for thread bumping]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 10, 2022 6:45PM
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found a new issue with heavy attack last night. I'm using a lightning destro staff and a few times I saw the lightning bolt come out of the staff perfectly parallel to my char towards her back. As in, I was facing and aiming at an enemy in front of me and the lightning bolt went 180 degrees the other way.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't a client issue because as the attack progressed there was no damage (or healing numbers) coming up on the screen. At least one of the times it happened I was also locked into the heavy attack (another issue that has been around for a while).
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno this bug is still in the game and we have been waiting months for a response on when it will be fixed.

Yeah... not a single update about this issue. Our tanks are suffering!! COME ON ZENIMAX!! Give us an update at least???
  • Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno we are still waiting on this fix
  • TimeViewer
    TimeViewer
    ✭✭✭✭
    This has been going on a long time, I'd started a thread before and tried keeping it alive,

Not one word there from anyone from ZoS glad at least one thread got an answer
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's also happening with fire staves not just lightning and resto. It locks on the target you start the heavy attack, the character even turns around with the target. Even if i take my hand off my mouse it still continues to channel and launch heavy attacks automatically.
    I have to barswap, block, roll dodge, or other interruptive action, in order for my character to stop heavy attacking lock on target by itself.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Auberon1983
    Auberon1983
    ✭✭✭
    Still dealing with this as well on PS4
  • Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭
    TimeViewer wrote: »
    This has been going on a long time, I'd started a thread before and tried keeping it alive,

Not one word there from anyone from ZoS glad at least one thread got an answer

I posted this feed day one of the psn patch idk if your on pc I been keeping this active my best advice tag a developer everyday until they give us more information like they said they would @ZOS_Kevin
  • VolrathStormborn
    VolrathStormborn
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin

We are begging. Know there’s a ton on everyone’s plates with Patch Notes but please give a one sentence response.
  • VolrathStormborn
    VolrathStormborn
    ✭✭✭
    I understand your plates are shattering under the workload and feedback due to U35, but here is yet another bump. It’s making Tanking difficult and adding additional stress that shouldn’t be there.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_Bill
    @ZOS_Adrikoth
    @ZOS_KaiSchober
    @ZOS_ConnorG
    @ZOS_Kevin

Figured one of you may catch it and help bring visibility to this so I tagged more than normal.
  • VolrathStormborn
    VolrathStormborn
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_ConnorG @ZOS_Kevin

Anything at all please? Do I need to post links to videos showing this?

Main thing for ME is holding block - I used to be able to hit Attack and just after let go of block which first triggered a bash, and then as block was dropped I went into a Heavy Attack immediately allowing me to get resources with little time wasted so I can block the next mechanic.

Now it’s clunky where I have to drop block and wait a second before starting a heavy. Sometimes it goes off and others I have to let it go and try again after the next mechanic. If I’m way too low on resources then there is no next time. Personally I’ve become way better at leaving block off until the last second since I can no longer sneak a heavy in, but many players cannot while other areas still don’t allow for that. Prime example vSS holding Fury’s, Will’s, and big cat jumps all at once.
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_ConnorG @ZOS_Kevin

Anything at all please? Do I need to post links to videos showing this?

Oh they know about it already. They responded when it first came up and said that the team was looking at it. But as usual, radio silence as far as updates go. This is what communication "means" to them, I guess.................

Edited by vivisectvib16_ESO on July 21, 2022 2:24PM
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WHEN are we going to get a response to this? Hot fixes for some stuff super fast - but this one is lingering FAR too long now. Come on Zenimax... let's kick into gear here and address this bug before it becomes yet another issue that we have to try to live with for several years... like so many others...
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting for a word on this fix... it's terrible...
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...this will allow us to give a lot more love to Heavy Attacks...

How about we start that love by actually fixing them so they work?
  • VolrathStormborn
    VolrathStormborn
    ✭✭✭
    Bumping for days….even if it was a lie, someone at ZOS could just say “looking at it”..
  • cptscotty
    cptscotty
    ✭✭✭
    There seems to be an issue with aiming and hitboxes. I notice it most with the controller ui enabled. Not as much with mouse and keyboard. Another thing that seems to be effecting the aiming and hitboxes is the UI scaling as it changes based on if custom scaling is enabled.

Testing with a lightning staff heavy attack is the best to see this issue as it wont go off till it locks onto a target and you can see that with some targets the hitbox is way off.

As for other weapons with heavy attack issues, I notice there seems to be a major delay when going from blocking to attacking. The game will still register you blocking even when you let go of the block button and thus when you go to press for a heavy attack you instead find yourself doing the interrupt animation (hard to notice in a fight) and then just nothing as you hold down the attack. Very noticeable with controller...very hard to work around unless you just force yourself to play very slowly. Look at how Witcher 3 solved a similar problem with its delayed movement animation and how they gave users a way to disable it for more responsive movements.
  • Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_ConnorG @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Bill @ZOS_Adrikoth @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_Kelly @ZOS_KevinO @ZOS_KatP we have been waiting for information on this issue for months now.
  • VolrathStormborn
    VolrathStormborn
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All, we have shared this thread with our dev team and they are looking into this issue. We'll follow up when we have more info.

Hey All, this was shared with the Dev team 4 months ago. Have you not found any information during that time?
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS NA
    I notice this on my tank before U33. But it’s become worse. Going from block to heavy attack used to be smooth. Now my character just stands there.

This is highly problematic for those using rotations. Especially if heavy attack is a focus in the next update.
  • Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭
    Avoranti wrote: »
    PS NA
    I notice this on my tank before U33. But it’s become worse. Going from block to heavy attack used to be smooth. Now my character just stands there.

This is highly problematic for those using rotations. Especially if heavy attack is a focus in the next update.

Yeah it use to be way smoother than it is now it’s just awful. I personally didn’t notice any issues before the patch happened I did find them after. All we can do is keep complaining and hope someone like @ZOS_GinaBruno pays attention and get the dev team to get back to us on the issue
  • cptscotty
    cptscotty
    ✭✭✭
    Here is one of the reasons why we have issues with attacks. Look at the aiming/hitboxes for just normal items (it gets worst for moving enemies)

mmlx14jqg5fc.png

uf8fgxk19g3j.png

h5jqrfhw7765.png

dwsg9ktvksys.png

This becomes a really big problem when you have disabling of attacking innocents option. You can be aiming at a bad guy right in front of you and no matter what you cant swing your weapon because the game thinks you are targeting someone else not even close to you.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thing is, the issue is another one the community are trying to learn to live with and Zenimax are no longer acknowledging it as an issue… that means we are in the realms of perma bugged like the anvil wayshrines…
  • cptscotty
    cptscotty
    ✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    Thing is, the issue is another one the community are trying to learn to live with and Zenimax are no longer acknowledging it as an issue… that means we are in the realms of perma bugged like the anvil wayshrines…

Its really bad the bugs. These are game breaking bugs that I am finding and have been around for years. This is why I refused to play Lost Ark. Went to test the game, noticed some bugs, went to report them and found out the bugs had been there for years yet they were ignored by the dev staff. Why invest time, energy, and money, into a game/corporation that ignores this stuff but instead works to push other things?

Here is one...try filling in a dungeon spot when someone leaves right when you load in because it kicked them out due to a bug on their end. You would think you would be at the top of the list for queues...nope. What does everyone tell you when that happens? "Just leave the dungeon, its bugged. Faster to just requeue for a new dungeon". That response has been around for years...thats a problem.