The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Stop freaking out about mist form. it's nothing like a streak.

• axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    This. I hope this video helps in case people are still thinking they cloned Bolt Escape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjB6eHQuy9k

not showing much, the lack of proper representation is worse than showing this.
    does it pass over pits like streak does? what if cast at edge of a ledge?

anyway it looks very bad. Slower than sprinting with 180, slower than gap closers. What happens if a dk leaps on u while u "dash" ? since it's not giving cc immunity. What if u get pulled during it?

looks like "sprint with magicka but at full speed", would still rather pick race ag time cuz no ramping cost and also gives immobilisation immunity

Yes it passes over pits like streak does. It have some wierd rules to use it though. For example if You just cast it You need to cast it second time to get teleport but if You cast something else before it You get teleport instantly and You can repeat that procces but only if You will click mist form instantly after other ability so for an actuall mist form teleport You need 2 global cooldowns.
    Options
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    axi wrote: »
    so for an actuall mist form teleport You need 2 global cooldowns.

This is incorrect, this is coming from a misunderstanding of how casting ground targeted abilities works.
    Options
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is incorrect, this is coming from a misunderstanding of how casting ground targeted abilities works.

This is coming from testing it in many different scenarios including all targeting options I could think of.
    Edited by axi on January 30, 2023 10:45PM
    Options
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This is coming from testing it in many different scenarios including all targeting options I could think of.

Did you try enabling the setting to instantly cast ground targeted abilities (or whatever its called)?
    If you do this, you will not need the extra click and the mistform will simply teleport you to wherever your camera crosshairs are pointed without any extra interaction.
    Options
  • XomRhoK
    XomRhoK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    This. I hope this video helps in case people are still thinking they cloned Bolt Escape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjB6eHQuy9k

not showing much, the lack of proper representation is worse than showing this.
    does it pass over pits like streak does? what if cast at edge of a ledge?

anyway it looks very bad. Slower than sprinting with 180, slower than gap closers. What happens if a dk leaps on u while u "dash" ? since it's not giving cc immunity. What if u get pulled during it?

looks like "sprint with magicka but at full speed", would still rather pick race ag time cuz no ramping cost and also gives immobilisation immunity

Yes it passes over pits like streak does. It have some wierd rules to use it though. For example if You just cast it You need to cast it second time to get teleport but if You cast something else before it You get teleport instantly and You can repeat that procces but only if You will click mist form instantly after other ability so for an actuall mist form teleport You need 2 global cooldowns.

Same to me. Seems like a bug, because on video above all works fine.

Did you try enabling the setting to instantly cast ground targeted abilities (or whatever its called)?
    If you do this, you will not need the extra click and the mistform will simply teleport you to wherever your camera crosshairs are pointed without any extra interaction.

He wrote that he did use all targeting options, so am i. With autocast ground targeting abilities on character go into Mist form after first press of a button, but he just don't streak to wherever your camera crosshairs are pointed. If i use it fast second time in a raw or after another ability character will streak to wherever your camera crosshairs are pointed after first press of a button. Seems like not all players have this problem.
    Edited by XomRhoK on January 30, 2023 10:57PM
    Options
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes I did try that. Still need two ability casts to get mist form teleport.
    Options
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No. No you don't.
    Edited by acastanza_ESO on January 30, 2023 11:45PM
    Options
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. No you don't.

Oh yeah because You know better lol. Yes I did. All it did was making ability even less reliable.
    Options
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No. No you don't.

Oh yeah because You know better lol. Yes I did. All it did was making ability even less reliable.

Aparently? You simply do not need to cast any other ability, or double cast. You only need to click to set the target, or have the auto-cast setting enabled. We just did a test with new mistform racing a sorc with streak and the mistform is maybe a second slower over considerable range (4 casts of both = 1 second difference, so 0.25 seconds slower travel per cast - basically nothing). It is nothing like what you're saying there.
    Also, we confirmed that it does still trigger the Strike From the Shadows passive, so on top of getting the Major Expedition and Major Evasion (or the AOE HOT) you ALSO get 300 weapon and spell damage for 6 seconds. This is straight up better than Ball of Lightining.

Edit: It appears that there might be a bug where some players are needing to cast the ability twice, so my apologies. But this is clearly not the intended behavior from the skill description, or our PTS gameplay.
    Edited by acastanza_ESO on January 31, 2023 12:00AM
    Options
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. No you don't.

Aparently? You simply do not need to cast any other ability, or double cast. You only need to click to set the target, or have the auto-cast setting enabled. We just did a test with new mistform racing a sorc with streak and the mistform is maybe a second slower over considerable range (4 casts of both = 1 second difference, so 0.25 seconds slower travel per cast - basically nothing). It is nothing like what you're saying there.
    Also, we confirmed that it does still trigger the Strike From the Shadows passive, so on top of getting the Major Expedition and Major Evasion (or the AOE HOT) you ALSO get 300 weapon and spell damage for 6 seconds. This is straight up better than Ball of Lightining.

Maybe You don't have to but I need to in order to get the teleport portion. No difference with or without quick cast ground abilities option or wherever I will poiint the ability at I am not getting instant teleports. There is clearly something wrong with the ability itself since I am not the only person reporting that.
    Options
  • XomRhoK
    XomRhoK
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. No you don't.

Edit: It appears that there might be a bug where some players are needing to cast the ability twice, so my apologies. But this is clearly not the intended behavior from the skill description, or our PTS gameplay.

Seems not all players have this bug, or we do something different. At video below auto ground targeting is on and i just spam Mist form button till magicka ends.
    Edited by XomRhoK on January 31, 2023 12:30AM
    Options
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

No more running round towers and keeps in mist form, GET GOT
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
    Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
    Options
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If mist will be actually turned into reliable streak like ability it may actually get even worse than it is. Every class will get acces to sorc level of mobility while also having their own base defense. Nightblades will be able to mist teleport into cloak. DKs will be able to run with sea serpent coil and still be very mobile. If the way mist works for me it's just a bug and it will turn out to be reliable spammable teleport ability it may completly change PvP.
    Options
  • athena9205
    athena9205
    ✭✭✭
    I dont use mist form right now, but i do use gap closers in PVE, is it possible to get this to 22 or 28 meters to match other gap closers?
    Options
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    athena9205 wrote: »
    I dont use mist form right now, but i do use gap closers in PVE, is it possible to get this to 22 or 28 meters to match other gap closers?

No.
    Options
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love this version, it's fun darting around wherever you want!

*says the casual Khajiit PVE Vampire who just enjoys blood, speed, and thiefy elusiveness
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Meh, I'll just keep using it like I always have, getting out of snares/immobilizations and really bad situations. Never really had a desire to line of sight or run around towers with it as that's dishonorable and kinda boring.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, maybe I shouldn't thief around too much with this. It's unavoidable criminality.

Everyone is chasing me, everyone wants me dead. :relaxed:
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cireous wrote: »
    Okay, maybe I shouldn't thief around too much with this. It's unavoidable criminality.

Everyone is chasing me, everyone wants me dead. :relaxed:

Lol, sometimes it's fun to get the guards on ya like it's some kind of vampire hunter chasing you sort of deal!

Just make sure you're stage 4 so you can just poof at a moment's notice.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • Dangerjoe1982
    Dangerjoe1982
    Soul Shriven
    its cheaper than streak, but slower travel.
    it procs a 300 weapon and spelldamage passive "Strike from the Shadows".

Both have their use cases.
    Options
  • selig_fay
    selig_fay
    ✭✭✭
    Its no longer have CC immunity? Cause I don't see how that protects you from a shield that will knock you down.
    Options
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If mist will be actually turned into reliable streak like ability it may actually get even worse than it is. Every class will get acces to sorc level of mobility while also having their own base defense. Nightblades will be able to mist teleport into cloak. DKs will be able to run with sea serpent coil and still be very mobile. If the way mist works for me it's just a bug and it will turn out to be reliable spammable teleport ability it may completly change PvP.

i don't see this as a big deal right now, then all the players will quickly realize how quickly a mana pool can be burned.
    Options
  • RemoryAzure
    RemoryAzure
    ✭✭✭
    OP is totally wrong, coz not only mist is way better than streak on paper (instead of minor damage and stun we get 2 most important pvp buffs), but also provides exactly the same mobility as streak (mist animation is slower, but even with max distance still fits into single gcd so u can make exactly the same amount of teleports with both abilities during the same given amount of time), is actually better against roots and the most important thing that its way cheaper, about 2600 vs 3600 magicka
    Options
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is it currently bugged? I get the little circle to point where I want to dash but that it does is turn me into mist for one second. I can move as normal but still just a 1 sec mist? Was this not supposed to be closer in function to streak? As in cast at target location and your character dashes to that location instead of standing still in mist?
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
    Options
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    Is it currently bugged? I get the little circle to point where I want to dash but that it does is turn me into mist for one second. I can move as normal but still just a 1 sec mist? Was this not supposed to be closer in function to streak? As in cast at target location and your character dashes to that location instead of standing still in mist?

Yes it is bugged. Works very differently for many players.
    Options