The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Couldn't get Twitch drop because I had to work

StarOfElyon
StarOfElyon
✭✭✭✭✭
I really wanted that summon emote but as I understand it I had to watch the livestream in order to get it. Unfortunately, I had to work during the stream so I missed it. It feels unfair and punishing to people with day jobs.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    👀 go to bathroom next time. Turn twitch on and mute stream
    Edited by FeedbackOnly on January 26, 2023 3:48AM
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Used to watch on twitch for crate drops.
    Didnt get what I want on said crate.
    Quit watching twitch.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :/
  • Robvenom
    Robvenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the entire concept of making us not play the game and instead watch someone else to play the game to get an item ingame is beyond stupid

How about rewarding us for playing the actual game.
    Puppet the Peanut - Templar Tank/Healer
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robvenom wrote: »
    I think the entire concept of making us not play the game and instead watch someone else to play the game to get an item ingame is beyond stupid

This is corporate marketing.
    [snip]
    I know it may not seem logical from a base subjective view, but somewhere along the line, YOU are the product and they are profiteering from you.

I would logically assume that in fact, ZOS are getting paid via amazon/twitch, who in turn are getting paid via advertisers for you to watch the stream.
    [snip]
    [edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 27, 2023 7:12PM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But this is a reward for a developer showcase? It's the digital equivalent of getting swag from a convention. It wasn't a streamer thing.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on January 26, 2023 2:25AM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wanted that summon emote but as I understand it I had to watch the livestream in order to get it. Unfortunately, I had to work during the stream so I missed it. It feels unfair and punishing to people with day jobs.

They should do replays throughout the week at various times that people can watch and still get the emote, IMO.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

100% agree. This is the second time I've missed it. And I even had two seconds to put the stream on but they were too late so I only half earned the reward. You should be able to get it during a replay (of which there should be multiple) and the requirement should be more like two min, not 15.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • nebula3832
    nebula3832
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know the schedule of the re-runs of twitch to get drop reward?
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    imagine choosing work over a twitch stream
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stinkyremy wrote: »

This is corporate marketing.
    [snip]
    I know it may not seem logical from a base subjective view, but somewhere along the line, YOU are the product and they are profiteering from you.

I would logically assume that in fact, ZOS are getting paid via amazon/twitch, who in turn are getting paid via advertisers for you to watch the stream.
    [snip]

That's a big part of it. I worked corporate management for decades before retirement, so don't underestimate how much pull showing "interest"(with high numbers of viewers) has with your shareholders/investors. Both in terms of financial support and job security. Every scrap counts.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 27, 2023 7:13PM
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could just leave twitch on the Bethesda channel at home before you leave for work and set your computer to never timeout
  • Melivar
    Melivar
    ✭✭✭
    Best bet is to watch for the non USA versions of the stream. I think one time I turned on the Dutch stream because I was unable to watch the main live stream. There are at least 3 others options with varying time zones but not sure they will include the drop or not but they often do.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had the same concern so at the last minute I downloaded the Twitch app and let it run with my phone in my desk. Wasn't watching because I couldn't but I got the drop.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Twitch app is a blessing.

Plug my phone in, keep it in my desk with the volume on like 1%, and just let the boxes come in.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nebula3832 wrote: »

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/63513

@nebula3832
    Edited by spartaxoxo on January 27, 2023 12:00AM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the way, I just saw at least one of these re-runs had the emote, so anyone who is still looking to get it should check out if they can "tune in" at one of these times (or just leave your phone running and then watch the global reveal clip later)
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^ The international recap shows have drops enabled for the summoning emote, but I don't know whether they've all aired or not. I do know that the French, Polish, and Dutch shows aired today. If you didn't catch one of the international recaps today, then you may have missed out. I recommend following all of the Bethesda channels and request notifications for them, so you can tune in whenever one of them goes live. The German channel might be showing their recap on Friday (tomorrow), but I'm not sure.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭

15 mins on bathroom? id get fired if i had a job
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • nebula3832
    nebula3832
    ✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    nebula3832 wrote: »

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/63513

@nebula3832

Thanks for link spartaxoxo
    🙂
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m only in my thirties but I feel old as dirt as a gamer. I remember when you got rewards for actually playing the game.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

15 mins on bathroom? id get fired if i had a job

you certainly don't need 15 mins to open twitch, go to the stream, turn your phone volume don and stuff it back in your pocket. It just needs to be on, you don't physically need to watch it.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's what I did.
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tornaad wrote: »

That's what I did.

If you missed any livestreams to my best knowledge you can always check the Elderscrolls website and Youtube to get information.
    I respect that you focused on your job. Also don't feel bad, I didn't get the emote either. I don't even have a Twitch TV account :D .
    Edited by wilykcat on January 27, 2023 2:51AM
  • Uvi_AUT
    Uvi_AUT
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I never get a Twitchdrop, because I´m not 7 years old, therefore I dont have a Twitchaccount or Twitch installed.
    Registered since 2014, Customer Service lost my Forum-Account and can't find it.....
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uvi_AUT wrote: »

I never get a Twitchdrop, because I´m not 7 years old, therefore I dont have a Twitchaccount or Twitch installed.

Bruh twitch has drops for so many games. And its easy to create a acc, link, and open a vid in the background while you afk
    Edited by francesinhalover on January 27, 2023 1:48PM
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    If you missed the emote through Twitch Drops during the Global Reveal, you can watch any of the international recap streams (schedule is here) or even ESO Live this afternoon at 4pm ET for another chance to earn it.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you missed the emote through Twitch Drops during the Global Reveal, you can watch any of the international recap streams (schedule is here) or even ESO Live this afternoon at 4pm ET for another chance to earn it.

Thank you for the clarification here.

Please note that I had asked this question on the reminder thread that was pinned before the Global Reveal, as there was no information on it in the news article, and either the question was never answered (even though later questions were answered) or the thread was hidden before anyone got around to it.

It would have been much more helpful to have made this clear in the actual news article or at least to have answered that question before the reveal, since so many people must miss it for various reasons. Please consider publishing this information earlier in the future.
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uvi_AUT wrote: »

Wait, if you are too young for Twitch, aren't you too young for ESO too? And Twitch is 13+, not 7+, IIRC.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for this info, Gina. Work has been particularly brutal to me this week, as well. I was in Zoom meetings for both of the live streams this week. Will try to attend one of these.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle