The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Can I request for all my account progress to be reset?

Insomnist
Insomnist
✭✭
Seems like a ridiculous question to ask, but I like farming world drops and when I started I didn't have a good grasp at all on how binding items would interfere with that. I further figured binding items would be character specific, so I could figure it out later on an alt. Meanwhile I happily bound everything I came across on my first character and didn't roll my first alt for some time.

So if I ask nicely can someone at Zenimax just factory reset my account? I assume not, but hey. I'd appreciate it.

Or if you could buy the option to "forget" a bind in the crown store, if you're being really persnickety about it. As long as it's more reasonable than just burning your existing account and starting over with a new one which I assume is my only real option if I chose to go this route. All the DLCs add up quick and paying ESO+ twice a month is a little eh... (should've got two High Isles when they were on sale I guess).
Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 11, 2022 7:12PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not really sure why you would want to reset your gear collections

once you have everything the drops return to being random and you can still continue farming and selling, as well as it reducing transmute costs when you want to recreate stuff

and if everyone unlearned 1 particular drop that was a tradeable, the market would flood with those items and they would again become worthless and make no sense to continue farming

...and when i saw "reset account" thats exactly what i was going to suggest was just get a brand new account
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can request, but I doubt you'd get it.
    Options
  • Kng_Ayumayuma
    Kng_Ayumayuma
    ✭✭✭
    Tell them you are holding General ESO hostage until the reset. That'll get'um moving. Ten hut!
    Add Major Update in for good measure.
    Edited by Kng_Ayumayuma on November 10, 2022 8:02PM
    Options
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have the option of playing on the other server with your existing account. After account wide achievements became a thing I started playing on the EU server so I could have one character that doesn't get help from other characters with achievements.
    Also I think if you delete all your characters things reset? Not 100% sure. If you go that route you will want to send anything you wish to keep to a friend or guildmate so they can send it back when you start with your new character. Again not absolutely sure this works but it seems like it should?
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    You have the option of playing on the other server with your existing account. After account wide achievements became a thing I started playing on the EU server so I could have one character that doesn't get help from other characters with achievements.
    Also I think if you delete all your characters things reset? Not 100% sure. If you go that route you will want to send anything you wish to keep to a friend or guildmate so they can send it back when you start with your new character. Again not absolutely sure this works but it seems like it should?

anything in the collection menu is considered account wide unlocks, if its unlocked there i doubt removing all of your characters would change that
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »

Deleting all characters will not reset account. Achievements and other things are tied to your account, not individual characters. That being said, I'd love to reset some of my achievements. I hate the implementation of AwA.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
    Options
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can request, but I doubt you'd get it.

This.

Such micromanagement is cumbersome and time-consuming. Especially since there is nothing set up to automate this, at least it would be odd if Zenimax had created such a tool.

Options
  • tonyblack
    tonyblack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh if you wish to do it for the trading overland drops, just don’t. Not worth it. No curated overland set worth farming nowadays as it’s devalued by a lot. For example, mother sorrow infernos used to be 200-500k and now 1-50k, not even fast sell as it sits for a week or so. You’d earn more by doing writs or collecting resources. Only sets which are worth something are either come from rng boxes, dungeons or perfected trial/arena weapons.
    Options
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not opposed, i dont think the devs would go with that idea though. Would be cool to be able to reset specific achievements if you wanted.
    Options
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we finally at players requesting ZOS create Classic servers? IMO, that is usually the "end life" of any MMO and a large warning sign of bloat development decisions. When the game stops releasing engaging or interesting content (lately its all been skin deep), players harken back to the old days and want to relive the "good times".
    Options
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, how is this topic "Players Helping Players? If anything this is a request for a new feature or future expansion. Other players aren't going to be able to help them reset their account achievements. I guess we just need to explain to them the steps to take to close their account and delete their characters, then open a new account?
    Options
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can only suggest that you start on the other server, that way your ESO+ and expansions will still be available, but DLC purchases don't (which doesn't matter if you have ESO+).

I have 1600cp on the NA server and over 400cp on the EU server, with an Alt account at about 600cp on NA (which has never had ESO+).
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
    Options