The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Username support, Please help

gypsysonb14_ESO
gypsysonb14_ESO
✭✭✭
Hello,

I received an email saying that my username violated the ToS. I have used the gamertag GypsySon for over 20 years now, including in ESO since beta. I am of Roma descent and proudly choose to use this name. My mother and grandmother made sure we were never ashamed of our heritage, and were happy to see me openly discuss and use the term gypsy. It's incredibly disappointing and disheartening to be told I can't use my username with it being a part of my identity for so long (even IRL, I have friends who use it over my real name), especially in the ESO community. There are many usernames with Gypsy in them (they shouldn't be reported or anything either), and I always wonder if they're also of Roma descent. The term is derived from the inaccurate thought that Roma people originated from Egypt, and while there are definitely negative views toward Roma people and culture and I understand how some Roma feel, it is not an insult in itself. I certainly am not using the name in any negative way, as I am literally, and proudly, the son of a gypsy. I ask you to please give me my username back. @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno

I submitted a ticket, but i couldn't find an actual appeal choice, as well as replied to the email. This created two (2) support numbers, unfortunately: 220928-0019 and 220928-004092