The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Should One Handed & Shield get the same Resto Staff treatment?

CaptainVenom
CaptainVenom
✭✭✭✭✭
I mean, a bit less HA damage and a bit more Stamina restored. Feels to me this would be interesting for tanks when they can heavy attack and would make their lives a little easier, I guess.
🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1h/s still has it's passive defensive advantages while having weaker offense than other melee weapons. Tanks still use it, do they not?
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think one of the 1h/shield passives already increases the resource restore from heavy attacks lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Astin_nds
    Astin_nds
    ✭✭✭
    I mean, a bit less HA damage and a bit more Stamina restored. Feels to me this would be interesting for tanks when they can heavy attack and would make their lives a little easier, I guess.

Only see that ;
    gaaww6257g0a.png
    VS
    m40pt9nzl7bp.png
    a7iforo0s0te.pnglkkctmbc2ltt.png

This is totally unbalanced but , now Vigor heal x2 mora than all of restoration staffs , you can go easy every class stamina and BROKE literal the game , use class skill for major resolve , use resolving vigor (X2 more heal than resto staffs) and got now minor resolve... ultra necesary yeah... extreme unbalance change , you got sword and shield , got major and minor resolve and more heal than the HEALERS xD...
    StaminaCroll online , if you like more info of that i hav a threat here:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/614506/magickas-we-have-a-big-problem-magickas-healers-too-where-is-the-balance/p1

Restoration staff now is out of PVP and pve , is good for make a campfire..... Very unbalanced.

Edited by Astin_nds on August 18, 2022 4:52PM
    -Be happy ... play with magick but figth with stamina on StaminaCroll Online
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astin_nds wrote: »

Only see that ;
    gaaww6257g0a.png
    VS
    m40pt9nzl7bp.png

This is totally unbalanced but , now Vigor heal x2 mora than all of restoration staffs , you can go easy every class stamina and BROKE literal the game , use class skill for major resolve , use resolving vigor (X2 more heal than resto staffs) and got now minor resolve... ultra necesary yeah... extreme unbalance change , you got sword and shield , got major and minor resolve and more heal than the HEALERS xD...

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/614506/magickas-we-have-a-big-problem-magickas-healers-too-where-is-the-balance/p1

Restoration staff now is out of PVP and pve , is good for make a campfire..... Very unbalanced.

what does this have to do with the OP topic?

the topic was about 1h/shield getting more resource restore from heavy attacks (like the planned change for resto), has nothing to do with healing
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Astin_nds
    Astin_nds
    ✭✭✭

Only see that ;
    gaaww6257g0a.png
    VS
    m40pt9nzl7bp.png

the topic was about 1h/shield getting more resource restore from heavy attacks (like the planned change for resto), has nothing to do with healing

The issue that I raised is that you don't need it because sword and shield doing that is more than broken END
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Only see that ;
    gaaww6257g0a.png
    VS
    m40pt9nzl7bp.png

The issue that I raised is that you don't need it because sword and shield doing that is more than broken END

how? 1h/shield cant heal people

edit: and no, not responding further because its derailing the thread
    Edited by Necrotech_Master on August 18, 2022 5:01PM
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Astin_nds
    Astin_nds
    ✭✭✭

Only see that ;
    gaaww6257g0a.png
    VS
    m40pt9nzl7bp.png

how? 1h/shield cant heal people

edit: and no, not responding further because its derailing the thread

I just told you that it is very broken with that, the more you put on it, the more broken it is, wait for things to change and then ask. I don't answer anymore because I don't understand the purpose of the thread
  • IAmIcehouse
    IAmIcehouse
    ✭✭✭✭

Only see that ;
    gaaww6257g0a.png
    VS
    m40pt9nzl7bp.png

Restoration staff is still BIS for healers. Restoration staff is for healers not DDs. Why would something you can cast on other people as well as yourself be as strong as something you can only cast on yourself? Why do you post this on every irrelevant thread. You cannot compare these two skills, they function entirely differently from one another.
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think one of the 1h/shield passives already increases the resource restore from heavy attacks lol

If I recall right, there are no resource increase passive on One Handed & Shield, but Restoration Staves have Cycle of Life which increases magicka restored by 30%, yet they increased it a bit more.
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • GreatGildersleeve
    GreatGildersleeve
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can tell there’s too many healers and not enough tanks in the game when a thread about tank gear gets derailed by complaints about healing. SMH.

1h&s does not have resource return buffs. There are several block cost reduction and damage mitigation buffs but no resource return.

Signed: a retired end game tank

Ps. While resources aren’t ‘that’ much of an issue anymore now that we have ice staff mag blocking, OP’s idea would indeed be welcomed I’m sure. At least by this former tank.
    Edited by GreatGildersleeve on August 18, 2022 6:08PM
  • Astin_nds
    Astin_nds
    ✭✭✭

Only see that ;
    gaaww6257g0a.png
    VS
    m40pt9nzl7bp.png

Restoration staff is still BIS for healers. Restoration staff is for healers not DDs. Why would something you can cast on other people as well as yourself be as strong as something you can only cast on yourself? Why do you post this on every irrelevant thread. You cannot compare these two skills, they function entirely differently from one another.

For you , but no for all , ON live server are equal skills , But noramly 70% of pvps use vigor . [snip]
    But one thing is for sure if they don't balance simple things do you think they will give something to sword and shield? I think not 99% but hopefully I'm wrong and everything is joy

[edited for bait]
    Edited by ZOS_Exile on August 18, 2022 6:37PM
  • Beffagorn
    Beffagorn
    ✭✭✭
    [

He's been spamming that same exact message and trying to derail every single thread. Just report him and move on, no point in feeding the clown
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If I recall right, there are no resource increase passive on One Handed & Shield, but Restoration Staves have Cycle of Life which increases magicka restored by 30%, yet they increased it a bit more.

your right, i was thinking about the "revitalize" passive from heavy armor (4% increase in heavy attack resource restore for each pc of heavy armor)

heavy armor is mostly paired with 1h/shield lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • IAmIcehouse
    IAmIcehouse
    ✭✭✭✭

Only see that ;
    gaaww6257g0a.png
    VS
    m40pt9nzl7bp.png

For you , but no for all , ON live server are equal skills , But noramly 70% of pvps use vigor . [snip]
    But one thing is for sure if they don't balance simple things do you think they will give something to sword and shield? I think not 99% but hopefully I'm wrong and everything is joy

[edited for bait]

Do you think everything on Live is balanced? No. Absolutely not, and it's way overdue that cross healing hots are getting nerfed. This is an extremely welcomed change.

Again, Resolving Vigor solves a different build case than Regen. You run resolving vigor if you want to heal yourself. You echoing vigor or resto skills to heal others. Note that every resto skill is about healing targets, not just yourself. Stop trying to equate the two.
    Edited by ZOS_Exile on August 18, 2022 6:37PM
  • Astin_nds
    Astin_nds
    ✭✭✭

Only see that ;
    gaaww6257g0a.png
    VS
    m40pt9nzl7bp.png

[edited for bait]

Do you think everything on Live is balanced? No. Absolutely not, and it's way overdue that cross healing hots are getting nerfed. This is an extremely welcomed change.

Again, Resolving Vigor solves a different build case than Regen. You run resolving vigor if you want to heal yourself. You echoing vigor or resto skills to heal others. Note that every resto skill is about healing targets, not just yourself. Stop trying to equate the two.

You look familiar to me... yeah, you're always right, okay then...

and this skils are equal :) i can say this to you if you like 300 times but i dont like repeat the same thing to you again.. cya !
    Edited by Astin_nds on August 18, 2022 8:33PM
  • Iron_Warrior
    Iron_Warrior
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Only see that ;
    gaaww6257g0a.png
    VS
    m40pt9nzl7bp.png

6qe3nd.jpg