The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Pronouns: Have Them, the Forums Should

• summ0004
    summ0004
    ✭✭✭
    If people want to use them within their own circles thats fine, but I don't wish to use them or engage with them in any way within games.

[snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on July 20, 2022 1:18PM
    Options
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magenpie wrote: »
    Tbh. Something tells me that it would be used mostly to just um.. "showoff" and may even create an unpredictable and even toxic situations.

Edit:
    Just a thought: what it would bring to the table ? I mean what importance it brings to the ESO forum community ? It looks to me like um... it is kinda irrelevant. It is not important. It does not matter if someone is he or she or they or whatever. We are all equal here.

I feel this too. I prefer not to know the RL details of my fellow gamers unless I know them personally in game. I don't see the need to know the country, skin colour, religion, political affiliation, sexual orientation, sex or gender of anyone here. I support more representation and diversity in game* but I think here, where the real world bumps up against the ESO world, it's best to keep things as neutral as possible. And, as other people have pointed out, the signature feature allows people to express themselves already.

*fwiw - I think ESO does a pretty good job with this, with npcs and with voice actor choices.

100% this.
    [snip] No need to divide the player base.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on July 20, 2022 1:27PM
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
    Options
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Vulsahdaal wrote: »
    My usual response when asked for my pronouns:

Well, Im too poor to afford my own pronouns so Ill just take whatever people are willing to give me :)

Not sure if that can fit anywhere else but in a sig?

I think the issue with the sigs is they aren't available to mobile viewers.

So to best way to solve this issue would be just to show signatures on mobile, right? I mean it's an oddly specific complaint to have really, but as I said before, I don't really have a horse in this race.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
    Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why?
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think its a good idea for people who want certainty on how they prefer to be identified. I've no idea if the current forum software can do it
    Soupy twist
    Options
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not see the need for this when people can add it in the signature.

Like others, I like to keep my real life private, so this should be optional if done, and not forced upon all users. [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on July 20, 2022 1:46PM
    Options
  • iaminc
    iaminc
    ✭✭✭✭
    A place with so much toxicity as a public forum dedicated to a game doesn’t need to devote resources to it when it can’t even get the game right.

You can @ anyone in responses and use a name they have picked or use a sig , that’s all that’s needed , no need for more.

[snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on July 20, 2022 1:46PM
    Options
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FluffWit wrote: »

Fairly sure it'd be more popular then Tales of Tribute and just look at how many resources they devoted to that.

I think you underestimate how popular Tales of Tribute actually is.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    Options
  • Androrix
    Androrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

Maybe it was not intended that way, but I am not sure what any of us are adding at this point. Devs must have their own internal guidelines and, as I have said, given that pronouns can already be placed in the signature block (as many of us can do at work and as OP has done), I still don't understand what OP is even asking for.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on July 20, 2022 1:53PM
    Options
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No. Please don't bring that nonsense to the forum.
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JanTanhide wrote: »
    Blinx wrote: »
    these forums are to talk about the game, not ourselves, I don't really see a need for this in this particular forum.

Agree. [snip]

This would be my concern. Would "optional" mean that it was optional to state your preferred pronoun, [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on July 20, 2022 3:01PM
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might be useful for addressing the on-going misconception that the vast majority of ESO players, MMO players or gamers generally are men and women are very, very rare. (I've even seen people giving unsourced stats saying 95% men, 5% all other genders combined.)

But then I suspect the people who cling to that assumption (which as far as I know has never been true) will continue not paying any attention to pronouns shown anywhere on the forum, or insisting people are lying for one reason or another.

Also while I'm used to being misgendered online because it's been happening for over half my life it can still be confusing sometimes, even more so if the conversation is between people who know I'm a woman and people who don't, so someone saying "he said..." will throw people off.
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    I was one of the people in my place of work to push this forward for our email signatures. It was optional, but encouraged.

I have found this really useful in a work setting because I often need to refer to people as Mr/Ms Lastname when I've not met them and it's not clear from their name which is appropriate, so being able to check their email signature or look at their profile to find out is very helpful.

Now if only the various doctors I work with could be more consistent about including their professional title in their profile (or signature) if they want it used when addressing them.
    Edited by Danikat on July 20, 2022 2:21PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • Magenpie
    Magenpie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    It might be useful for addressing the on-going misconception that the vast majority of ESO players, MMO players or gamers generally are men and women are very, very rare. (I've even seen people giving unsourced stats saying 95% men, 5% all other genders combined.)

But then I suspect the people who cling to that assumption (which as far as I know has never been true) not paying any attention to pronouns shown anywhere on the forum, or insisting people are lying for one reason or another.

It really won't address that assumption. As someone already pointed out, there's no guarantee people are who they say they are on the internet anyway, and companies do their own data gathering on demographics.

I don't want to feel forced into sharing information about myself publicly online, [snip]

Online gaming has always been a great place to escape real world barriers, agendas and assumptions BECAUSE of the anonymity it can afford. I'd hate to see that eroded and it would genuinely make me less keen to play.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on July 20, 2022 3:12PM
    Options
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why? I don't care what pronoun someone is on this forum. You are your forum name and that's it.
    Options
  • demonology89
    demonology89
    ✭✭✭
    This is a forum to discuss a game. This is a community of gamers first and foremost.

I don't want to be addressed by anything other than my user name or "hey fellow gamer!" And to be blunt, I don't care to address anyone else here by anything other than a user name or "hey fellow gamer!"
    Options
  • FelisCatus
    FelisCatus
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, thanks. It's not relevant or needed, forums all over the internet work fine without it. Use your signature line like you already are. It doesn't make sense anyway. No one will say: "yeah, I agree with her/him/they" That's not how the forums work currently anyhow. People just say: "Yeah, I agree with {username}" Or they just reply directly to the post and say if they agree/disagree? This isn't a social media platform it's a forum of a video game. [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on July 20, 2022 3:09PM
    Options
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i'm all for it.
    Options
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if there even is a way, outside of the signature, to enter pronouns. If there isn't, could a mod confirm whether that's a possibility?

@ZOS_GinaBruno -- Happy to help with this. I work for a national LGBTQ+ rights org and can link to resources if they're needed. It would mean a lot and have an immediate positive impact on a lot of people.

zomg... another americanizm. Most of the whole world is not obsessed with pronouns -.-
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
    Options
  • Kalik_Gold
    Kalik_Gold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the whole world is not obsessed with pronouns -.-

Most of America isn't either.

edit to fix
    Edited by Kalik_Gold on July 20, 2022 3:02PM
    Main: (PvP & PvE)
    Ras Kalik a Redguard Templar, the Vestige

PvP:
    Aurik Siet'ka a Redguard Necromancer
    Cacique the Sage of Ius a Redguard Warden
    Jux Blackheart a Redguard Nightblade
    Goliath of Hammerfell a Redguard Dragonknight
    Kaotik Von Dae'mon a Redguard* Sorcerer

PvP: (Specialty)
    Tyrus Septim an Imperial Lycan Sorcerer
    Tsar af-Bomba a Redguard Vampiric Nightblade
    Movárth Piquine a Nord Vampiric Necromancer
    Uri Ice-Heart the Twin a Nord Vampiric Warden

PvE:
    Cinan Tharn an Imperial Dragonknight
    Bates Vesuius of Dawnstar an Imperial Dragonknight
    Herzog Zwei the Genesis an Akavari* Templar
    Tav'i at-Shinji a Redguard** Warden
    Lucky Hunch the Gambler - a Redguard Nightblade

Leveling...
    Zenovia at-Tura a Redguard** Sorcerer
    Yesi af-Kalik a Redguard Templar
    Voa a Priest of Sep a Redguard* Necromancer
    ======
    Passives of another race used. (RP)
    *Breton
    **Imperial

__________________________Backstories:_________________________

Ras Kalik the Vestige, a renown Redguard warrior; He has been blessed to save Tamriel from Molag Bal’s destructive Planemeld while reuniting the Five Companions. His further accomplishments after defeating Molag Bal, has been to stop the destruction of Morrowind, the Clockwork City, return order to the isle of Summerset and create a new king in Wrothgar and a queen in Elsywer. These events have made him a living legend and continue to lead him into new adventures throughout Tamriel, as well as into the hearts of many ladies including the Elf Queen, Aryenn. Over many years of adventurous travels, Ras Kalik had become a loner, until he re-visited his homeland of Alik'r.

Alik'r and it's cities were overrun by the undead Ra-Netu and therefore he made an allegiance with Alik'r's own Ash'abah tribe. These Ash'abah with his help, cleansed the city of Sentinel in Alik'r desert and it's surrounding areas of the undead brought to life by the Withered Hand. After rescuing Sentinel from the undead zombies, King Fahara’jad’s personal bodyguard the Goliath of Hammerfell, who was given this name by Imperials in the region; was asked to assist the tribe after learning of the defeat of the Withered Hand to the Ash'abah. Kalik promised Goliath he would task him with fighting living enemies on the battlefield if he so desired. Goliath being a Yokudan warrior wields a massive sword in respect to the Ansei, a gift given by the Imperial, Cinan Tharn. Not many soldiers are able to wield double two handed weapons, but Goliath loves to get up and personal in a fight, so he also carries a giant maul, both weapons laced with magical flames.

Jux Blackheart is a master thief that masquerades as a Bard at the Sisters of the Sands inn, with his younger sidekick Lucky Hunch for pilfering and gambling during this time. Jux was known to infiltrate any towns bank vault he came across and even delved into Ayelid ruins without detection. Kalik can vividly recall the night he met the famed thief. Jux found himself rummaging thru a slightly inebriated Kalik’s pocket for too long, on a full-mooned night and because of his greed and the glimmer of his golden armor in the moonlight. He lost his left pinky fingertip as a lesson! But in return, he gained a new friend, as it was his first time since a child being caught red-handed...

Upon arrival back in the Alik'r after many moons of adventuring, Ras Kalik ventures to Bergama. Visiting The Winking Jackal, he runs into Jux Blackheart, who introduces him to the coin game Crowns vs Forebearers (Heads vs Tails) and Golden Dwemer (RBG).... Jux constantly takes gold from the unfortunate thru theft or gambling, his biggest gambling victim is actually his partner in crime known as Lucky Hunch the Gambler. Lucky doesn't mind losing any gold coins to Jux... as Jux saved him from Altmer slavers in Summerset, by stealing a key and sending him on a boat to the mainland years prior. Lucky spent years in slavery with Khajiits in Summerset and picked up the art of subterfuge, using illusion magic disguises and stealing there.

Kaotik Von’Daemon an outcast, and a half-caste between a Breton mother and a Redguard father. Kaotik become a pariah due to his conjuration of Daedra pets. He was taught healing magic during his childhood years by his Breton mother. His father due to Redguard customs exiled him from the desert, sending him by wagon caravan to be a soldier in the war in Cyrodiil. He happened to meet Kalik while traveling from Alik'r, during this long caravan ride the caravan he was in was ambushed in Bangkorai by a group of bandits. Kalik by chance was also traveling thru this area on his Auridon Warhorse (which was bestowed to him by his friend, Darien Gautier). During this ambush, Kalik was able to rescue five hostages from the bandits. Kaotik was the first rescued, and Ras Kalik also recruited him to be in the Ash'abah tribe. These core Ash'abah tribesmen may never be seen together in travel as they partake in their own adventures but they always know what each other is doing; as they frequent a hideout in northern Bankorai. Their hideout an old Orc castle ruin, is kept watch by Nuzhimeh and she passes messages written between them, and frequently they also enjoy her company and her bed.

The other men rescued were a Dunmer banker, an Imperial mercenary and two other soldiers, an Imperial and a Breton Knight, stating proudly he was an Akavir descendent. One of the Imperials, Cinan, claimed to be related to Abnur Tharn the Battlemage of the Imperial Elder Council (One of Ras Kalik's mentors in the Five Companions). Cinan Tharn was really Abnur's drunkard treasure hunting illegitimate son. He was caught smuggling artifacts out of the Ayleid ruins in Cyrodiil and the elder of the two Imperials was Tyrus Septim a retired Imperial navy battle-mage (now a Lycan mercenary living in the city of Rimmen) and guard to the Tharn family. As much as Abnur Tharn hated his half-sister Euraxia, he dislikes his bas†ard son Cinan more. Tyrus now a ruffian and privateer had been paid by Abnur Tharn to watch over Cinan as much as possible. Cinan Tharn a drunkard, loves to drink at least a quarter barrel of Nord mead before he raids various delves and dungeons for relics to sell on the black market. Cinan also plans to one day, run an illegal gambling ring... which he thinks will net him more gold for his wares.

The Dunmer captive shackled to the Imperials looked familiar to Kalik from his time in Morrowind.... and he recognized him as Tythis Andromo a House Telvanni slave-owner and banker from Vvardenfell. During a rough interrogation to Tythis, Ras Kalik learnt why the bandits accosted him. The racist Dunmer was providing slaves as soldiers for the Three Banner War. The bandits were trying to negotiate a lucrative ransom for Andromo and the Imperials.... Kalik did not need any of this gold and he could never set Tythis free as he did with the two Imperial soldiers. His past involvement with slavery and war crimes, made Kalik's blood boil. He chose not to execute Tythis, as he figured the worse punishment for this former rich and opulent slave owner, is to now be an imprisoned servant for Ras Kalik and the tribe.

Herzog Zwei the Genesis a reknown Imperial/Akavirri battle-mage. His roots going back to Akavir through his mother’s bloodline. (His mother is descended from the Akaviri, through Versidue-Shae, and his Imperial father met her in Hakoshae, while traveling) Herzog earned the nickname "the Genesis" from his father as a child, as he was his mother's first born child, and last, as she tragically died in child-birth.

Herzog was seeking to purchase an artifact from Cinan Tharn, before their capture and was meeting Tyrus while in Rimmen, who introduced him to Cinan. This artifact being the Ayelid artifact; the sword Sinweaver. After their rescue and the exchange of gold to Cinan for the sword he decided to slip away before Ras Kalik could question who he was, and why the Akavir descendant really wanted that sword. Herzog was headed to Nagastani — An Ayleid ruin in eastern Cyrodiil. He had read in scrolls that the Sword would give him magical powers to meet his mothers spirit, if he performed an Ayleid ritual at an old shrine hidden there. Equipped with the artifact sword, he was off to start his own adventure but Ras Kalik, did indeed notice the sword however and instead sent a letter to Jux Blackheart (whom also was interested in Ayleid treasures), to attempt to find Herzog and acquire the sword. (*Azani Blackheart in Elder Scroll's Oblivion is Jux's descendant some 747 years later)

And so the Redguard, Imperial and Akaviri men parted ways ... While Ras Kalik went off to Elsweyr to encounter the latest threat to Tamriel, with Abnur Tharn and Sai Sahan - - DRAGONS!! Little did Ras Kalik know a few people were awaiting him in Senchal besides Sai. A necromancer survived his attack on the Withered Hand, while in Alik'r. The necromancer known as Auriek Siet'ka is also following him to the land of the Khajiits and Cacique the Sage of Ius a Shaman mystic who has become attuned spiritually with Tu'whacca (a Redguard God) and Ius (the Animal God), after being burned severely by the escaped dragons in Elsywer, is awaiting his arrival also. Aurik is a soldier of the Daggerfall Covenant that was introduced to necromancy while in the military, even though this magicka art is not spoken of openly by most of the Military leaders. He came to Alik'r and worked with the Withered Hand before Ras Kalik intervened on their plans. After the defeat of the Withered Hand, he aligned with the Worm Cult, and is constantly adapting and perfecting his necromantic arts.

After his journey to Rimmen, Kalik heads south to Senchal, in the southern regions of Elyswer. This new adventure will also put him on a path to meet a strange Redguard man. The stranger which was infected with an untreated Peyrite disease and also was the exiled from the Order of the New Moon cult, due to his sickness. He originally joined the cult to worship Laatvulon, the green dragon, mistakenly thinking it was the Daedric prince Peyrite. This confused and suffering cultist is known as Tsar al-Bomba and he is on a path to spread the disease. He was originally infected in Orccrest while recruiting members there. Can Ras Kalik and the shaman Cacique cure this poor soul, only time will tell. Little does Tsar al-Bomba know, that his infection is tied to Vampirism, and eventually the desire for blood will take over his mind. Senchal also offers Kalik his latest love interest... Aeliah. Whom he fondly led thru battles with the Dragonguard.

After the trek thru the heat, tropical and desert climate of Northern and Southern Elyswer, Ras Kalik heads north to the cold mountain range of Skyrim. His companion friend Lyris beckons for him with a letter sent by crow...

Movárth Piquine - a former vampire hunter (now infected), within the Fighter's Guild (and a secretive necromancer) was in Skyrim working with the Morthaal Guard. On a patrol mission he was caught in Frewien's ice curse outside of Morthaal with the frozen undead. Movárth's vampiric infection kept him from becoming an undead minion to the curse. He was able to use necromantic ice-magic to encase himself safely until he was freed with Freiwen, when the Vestige Ras Kalik broke the curse.

Uri Ice-Heart - brother of Urfon Ice-Heart. The twin sons of Atli and Oljourn Ice-Heart. The Ice-Heart family are originally from Markarth but now reside on the Jerall Mountain range near Cyrodiil, with their younger sister Araki. The twins had joined the Winterborn Reachmen while living in Markarth. Urfon pushed west to Orsinium with the Winterborn Clan, leaving his family behind. Uri stayed behind with his parents and sister to live in the family cabin for safety, avoiding the Vampire plague infiltrating the Reach. After news reaches him and he hears of Urfon's death... Uri leaves and heads home and is seeking vengeance. Meanwhile, his sister has also moved on to Windhelm to join the Fighter's guild. He will visit his sister, once before going to seek vengeance and she will craft him armor mixed with ice, called Stalhrim armor. Uri fearing death, after his brother's passing, falls victim to the convincing talk of Movárth at a Nordic tavern, and will also becomes a vampire.

{time moves forward through the hour-glass}
    PS5/NA - Ras Kalik a Redguard Templar - Daggerfall Covenant • 1550+ Champion

Options
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just follow the Khajiit - this one / that one and then no one will have a problem 8)
    Too many toons not enough time
    Options
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, we can see how this will work. [snip]
    This is exactly what we are talking about.

[edited for discussion of disciplinary action]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on July 20, 2022 3:05PM
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can call me anything you want. As long as it is not Late for Dinner.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magenpie wrote: »
    Danikat wrote: »

But then I suspect the people who cling to that assumption (which as far as I know has never been true) not paying any attention to pronouns shown anywhere on the forum, or insisting people are lying for one reason or another.

It really won't address that assumption. As someone already pointed out, there's no guarantee people are who they say they are on the internet anyway, and companies do their own data gathering on demographics.

I don't want to feel forced into sharing information about myself publicly online, particularly as part of ANY kind of political agenda, and I'd rather not be forced into taking part in anyone else's, whatever that is.

Online gaming has always been a great place to escape real world barriers, agendas and assumptions BECAUSE of the anonymity it can afford. I'd hate to see that eroded and it would genuinely make me less keen to play.

I mean among players. Companies have known for decades that it's not just men who play games (and not just teens and young adults, which is another common stereotype), because they have other ways of getting the data.

But it continues to be a common assumption among players, and influences everything from how they talk to other players to how they make suggestions and perceive decisions made by the developers. For example assuming all costumes intended for female characters need to be sexy because they're aimed at male players. (And a certain type of male players at that, there are plenty of men who play female characters they don't find sexy and don't want to be sexy.)

I realise no one's personal experience is universal, but for me having people assume I'm a man just because I'm playing ESO doesn't feel like escaping real world barriers - it feels like reinforcing the nonsensical stereotype that I cannot be both a woman and a gamer and must be faking one or the other.

Also in a more general sense I don't think it matters if the pronouns people put down match what they're legally recognised as by their government or whatever, the important thing is knowing how to refer to them.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
  • Sync01
    Sync01
    ✭✭✭
    I have nothing against people stating their personal pronouns generally speaking, you do you. However, I don't think it's a good idea to have a function for it on the forum, more than what already exists (signatures).

Gender shouldn't matter on here, what you and others are posting should. I like that what I'm writing is judged based on *what I'm writing* and not what my gender is.
    Aside from what others have already mentioned such as username on the forum and in game not being linked, and it could lead to more trolling, we also the case that most players don't post on the forums - so potentially showing that there are more females on the forum than some people think does not equal showing that there are more female players than some people think.
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a forum to discuss a game. This is a community of gamers first and foremost.

I don't want to be addressed by anything other than my user name or "hey fellow gamer!" And to be blunt, I don't care to address anyone else here by anything other than a user name or "hey fellow gamer!"

So if I was explaining one of your posts to someone I'd say "demonology89 said that when demonology89 tried it demonology89 was told it wasn't compatible" instead of "said that she tried it..." or "said that they tried it..." or whatever?

As a one-off just using names instead of pronouns can work, but if you need to refer to a person more than once, especially within a sentence it gets very clunky.

(Pronouns are not a new thing, and include words like 'we' 'I' 'they' 'you' 'who' 'somebody' 'everyone' and 'us', basically any way of referring to someone which is not their name. Genuinely not using any is very impractical in English.)

Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Wanted to chime in here. I don't believe there is a way to display pronouns in base Vanilla software. There must be a plug-in somewhere that can enable this, but not positive on that. So we can do some investigating on that and how it would play with our other languages. If there isn't a plug-in available, we can submit the idea to Vanilla as a potential feature to build in the future.

However, as others have noted, certainly feel free to note pronouns in your signature if you feel inclined to do so. No harm in that.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    You can call me anything you want. As long as it is not Late for Dinner.

Or payday!

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • sPark101
    sPark101
    ✭✭✭
    I vote no. They have signatures for that.
    Options
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Wanted to chime in here. I don't believe there is a way to display pronouns in base Vanilla software. There must be a plug-in somewhere that can enable this, but not positive on that. So we can do some investigating on that and how it would play with our other languages. If there isn't a plug-in available, we can submit the idea to Vanilla as a potential feature to build in the future.

However, as others have noted, certainly feel free to note pronouns in your signature if you feel inclined to do so. No harm in that.

Thank you!
    Soupy twist
    Options
  • TirantLoBlanch
    TirantLoBlanch
    ✭✭✭
    We all are anonymous here. I can think lots of reasons to want to preserve a way of presenting ourselves totally free of racial , gender etc discrimations because this things are now invisible. [snip]

Please, games make even bigots realize the humanitiy of others. Games create frienship even between very far ideological subjects. i have seen oit plenty of times-

[snip]

In real life or in a social web i wll not have reason to let people use whatever pronoums he wants---

Here i see it more potentially divisive than anything---

PD
    I´m not an english speaker.... Fo rsome people to complicate the idiomatic question using invented pronoums is everithing but inclusive... Take it in acount too

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on July 20, 2022 3:29PM
    Options
This discussion has been closed.