The Firesong DLC and Update 36 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 3:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 3, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 11:00AM EDT (15:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 11:00AM EDT (15:00 UTC)

No Sarcasms intended - Why so upset?

Lucidilusions
Lucidilusions
✭✭
I'm not asking this sarcastically, I honestly don't get a lot of the anger over the weaving changes. The changes theoretically opens up more end-game content to more players and reduce a wall that some people are unable to overcome for various reasons. I know a lot of people have spent time learning how to weave, but does the change really do anything to affect you? You will have some reduced damage, but you will still be doing trials right. You will still need to come up with strategies that allow you to beat the bosses and overcome whatever ZOS throws at you. The only difference I can see is that you may now be able to fill a spot with a person who wasn't able to master weaving to accomplish a task vs being locked in to only being able to include DPS that could master it.

Are DPS people afraid their spots are going to be given away? Is it just a principle thing of "I Work hard to get here, why should they be able to do it without the work! "? Is it a PVP thing (I Don't PVP so not sure how much weaving affects that)? Is it a gold thing, where people are afraid of losing the gold from being able to sell achievement spots? (There will always be people to buy these).

I honestly don't get it. Some posts are like "You are going to lose old-school players because of this change!". I'm like, "Umm why?" why would you leave just because more people will be able to do higher damage now, is it an ego thing?

Anyways, if anyone can honestly explain this to me in a nonsarcastic or condescending way I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Edited by ZOS_Lunar on July 13, 2022 7:55PM
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most PvPers could care less about the weaving changes. Some dont like DoT/HoT changes, others dont like the class changes. Some dont like the new Nocturnals Ploy set and its implications on the PvP meta but totally not shilling my poll 🐱‍👤
    Edited by WreckfulAbandon on July 12, 2022 10:20PM
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most PvPers could care less about the weaving changes. Some dont like DoT/HoT changes, others dont like the class changes. Some dont like the new Nocturnals Ploy set and its implications on the PvP meta but totally not shilling my poll 🐱‍👤

The weaving changes have a risk given how hard they've been applied at this point because we risk moving into a world where the optimal PvP play is everyone in permablock, and the only thing you'd weave is bash. It's kind of amusing because on a real re-enactment battlefield that's pretty much how it works except we have spears, lots of spears.

The DoT/HoT changes are I think problematic for PvP. In some ways they just change the deployment particularly in things like large keep battles, but it's also a massive boost for ball groups as they'll not have to worry about DoT at all any more providing they don't stand still like lemons.

Too many toons not enough time
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can hardly wait to see how long it will take my new account main to kill Vandacia in Blackwood - since my main account main couldn't do it the first dozen times I tried. So by the time I get the new account main to Blackwood, I'll never be able to finish the quest line. My dps is already pretty low - doesn't even get close to 15k. And this patch is supposed to help how?

But I will refuse to pay for the house I love with crowns, ZOS. And yes, I will use Oakensoul even with the changes. I'm sure it will help some.

Maybe.
    Life is a journey, not a destination.
  • AlexanderDeLarge
    AlexanderDeLarge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because these changes hurt the very people they were trying to help. Average DPS was anywhere from 20-30K and those who have perfected their weaving can easily hit 100-120K. Now with these changes the top end players with BiS gear are hitting 80-95K while the average is now hitting 15-22K.

They completely failed in their objective of leveling the playing field meanwhile the reason there's such a skill discrepancy between overland to veteran DLC and trials is due to a lack of a veteran overland where you go from being able to completely ignore mechanics to the game suddenly making them mandatory. It's playing two completely different games. I'd argue the "missing link" should absolutely be some sort of veteran overland difficulty scaling to introduce those players to the mechanics that they were able to ignore throughout their 50-100 hour leveling experience and is far more of a concern than "weaving" ever was. Even if they achieved their objective, which they didn't... Why is this taking priority over the missing connective tissue of the game that introduces players to mechanics rather than just throwing them in the deep end of the pool and telling anyone who wants to do veteran content 'sink or swim'? That in my opinion is far more egregious than the need for combat rebalancing.

I'm not saying I'm opposed to reworking the combat system but this was a half measure for something that requires a far more systemic rework and within the context of the skill gap which exists for a reason, is just outright ridiculous. Additionally, I find it a little troubling that ZOS is still being reactive rather than proactive in their approach to these problems when the game is almost ten years old. Doesn't seem like they have a vision for the game's combat experience at all.
    Edited by AlexanderDeLarge on July 13, 2022 1:00AM
    Veteran Overland is desperately needed. The majority of the content being sold on a yearly basis has been trivialized due to a lack of difficulty for too long.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The changes theoretically opens up more end-game content to more players and reduce a wall that some people are unable to overcome for various reasons. I know a lot of people have spent time learning how to weave, but does the change really do anything to affect you? You will have some reduced damage, but you will still be doing trials right. You will still need to come up with strategies that allow you to beat the bosses and overcome whatever ZOS throws at you. The only difference I can see is that you may now be able to fill a spot with a person who wasn't able to master weaving to accomplish a task vs being locked in to only being able to include DPS that could master it."

Weaving has never been required to finish vet content. Most vet content can be done with 20K DPS if the group knows the mechanics. There might be a couple of DPS checks where 20K is iffy but it wouldn't take much more than that. What higher DPS does allow is skipping mechanics and doing faster runs. Groups that require higher DPS want the smooth quick runs but the high DPS isn't needed to complete the content.
    Sometimes purple is just a color.
  • kevkj
    kevkj
    ✭✭✭
    The only difference I can see is that you may now be able to fill a spot with a person who wasn't able to master weaving to accomplish a task vs being locked in to only being able to include DPS that could master it.

Can you explain to everyone why you think this will happen? Why will raid groups just magically accept a lower DPS next patch?

The DPS requirements aren't to arbitrarily gatekeep players for fear of being overwhelmed by the sheer number of potential participants. They are there as a means to reasonably guarantee a clear (short of having run the content with that player before and seeing how they handle it).
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    morrowjen wrote: »
    I know the devs claim this will help others but please can anyone explain to me how nerfing my dps helps a single person? The truth is it doesn't.

It will help the PvP troll tanks become even more unkillable. It will help the ball groups who will be able to continually refresh their Major and Minor buffs, while allowing them to burn down zergs and solo players faster and more efficiently.

Other than that, everybody loses.

Edited by Jaraal on July 13, 2022 12:36AM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
This discussion has been closed.