The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

No Sarcasms intended - Why so upset?

• Lucidilusions
    Lucidilusions
    ✭✭
    I started to respond to everyone, but then I decided it would take too long. Please continue to be upset, the responses have made it clear to me that there are multiple reasons why people are angry and that overall people just don't like the idea of having to adjust their play style to dramatic changes.

Everything is being nerfed! This helps No One! Why why why!!! - Random ESO Players Chanting

Well, I guess it's the end of the world as we know it. Please enjoy your future in Super Mario Kart! (PS Super Mario Kart is awesome, this is not intended to be a diss at Super Mario Kart! Actually, who wants to play Super Mario Kart!!!???_

• CE_Nex
    CE_Nex
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not asking this sarcastically, I honestly don't get a lot of the anger over the weaving changes. The changes theoretically opens up more end-game content to more players and reduce a wall that some people are unable to overcome for various reasons.

The problem here is that these changes don't open up end-game content for more people.

ase8yyo7eywo.jpg

All Damage Over Time abilities have been reduced by 33%, meaning every single build that uses any form of DoTs is going to see a damage decrease. It doesn't matter if you're a sweaty endgamer or someone who just started playing ESO 3 weeks ago: their DoT damage is going down.

xdi3xj7dwpt6.jpg

Most DoTs will now tick every two seconds instead of every one second as it is now. This means your back bar weapon enchants will proc off of weapon skills, such as wall of elements and endless hail, half as frequently. That's an additional damage decrease. Also, in fights where bosses and mobs are highly mobile (Ex. Z'maja, Olms, Bahsei, Reef Guardian, etc.) they will take less ticks of damage from your AoE DoTs as these enemies will move out of them before the full duration may expire. As you move towards vet and hardmodes, players are forced to move more and more, making AoE DoTs even less effective, further reducing damage.

DPS who are practiced and knowledgable and already have copious expereince will be able to manage and adapt. DPS who are learning and are being introduced to the endgame content? Good luck, the learning curve just got significantly steeper.

erpa5fi2b0fo.jpg

Light and Heavy Attack have been hard nerfed by having static values. There are many, many players that are extremely fond of Heavy attack builds. Either becuase they enjoy them or because they cannot physically do an extensive dynamic rotation for whatever personal/health reason they may have. Their damage is going to go down quite a bit.

ycyqbkajke6y.jpg

This is a Heavy Attack build done on the PTS by Luchtt. He's a player who primarily plays solo and you can check out his videos on YouTube. On the live servers his Heavy Attack build nets him 70k-80k. On the PTS he did 57K. And keep in mind the dummy has been upgraded so that is now inclued 100% uptimes on Minor Courage and Major Slayer, as well has 6000 penetration from Alkosh. So the PTS dummy gives more buffs than its live counterpart.

t4ah398wta2n.jpg

Single target heals currently heal for 187% of a spammable. Now they will heal for 150% of a spammable. So they reduced it by 30% of a spammable. AoE heals will increase from 187% to 200%. But the catch is heals will only occur every two seconds and over a longer period of twenty seconds instead of every one second over a period of ten seconds. So the overall healing amount is relatively the same, but the burst potential for heals has been drastically reduced. You know what hasn't been reduced? Boss damage. Particularly boss Damage Over Time abilities.

Z'maja, Sunspire dragons, Falgravn, Oax, Bahsei, Taleria: none of these bosses, or any boss, have had their damage adjusted for the changes.Their damage still ticks every second, not every two seconds. Endgamers will adapt and adjust. People who are looking to learn and transition into endgame? There is a whole new mountain for them to climb now.

What's been made more accessible? What part of the game is easier now?

Nerfs are nothing new, PvE endgamers have always adapted to whatever changes ZOS has made. When Morrowind came out and they nerfed sustain into the ground, we adjusted to that. When Scalebreaker came out and ZOS decided to create a DoT meta, we adjusted to that. When Greymoor came out with the advent of mythics and the most broken item set in the history of this game in the form of Thrassian Stranglers, we adjusted to that.

But the idea that these changes are presented by ZOS as to bridge the skill gap is either misleading or purely uninformed. Because if this patch goes live, the skill gap will become a bleeding, abyssal chasm.

Edited by CE_Nex on July 13, 2022 12:52AM
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please enjoy your future in Super Mario Kart! (PS Super Mario Kart is awesome, this is not intended to be a diss at Super Mario Kart! Actually, who wants to play Super Mario Kart!!!???_

Mario Kart is a lot more appealing than ESO Kart. At least Mario Kart I can play with my kids and have fun.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    that overall people just don't like the idea of having to adjust their play style to dramatic changes.

If that's what you're getting out of it, you're not really reading any of the responses to your thread at all.

People aren't mad they have to "adjust their play style" - this happens every single patch from the changes that are made so the people working at ZoS can fill in their annual review to say that they've done something - they're mad that this "accessibility patch" that's allegedly meant to level the playing field is literally doing the opposite, and making some content near impossible for anyone to clear other than the absolute absolute top echelon of players.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    renne wrote: »
    that overall people just don't like the idea of having to adjust their play style to dramatic changes.

If that's what you're getting out of it, you're not really reading any of the responses to your thread at all.

People aren't mad they have to "adjust their play style" - this happens every single patch from the changes that are made so the people working at ZoS can fill in their annual review to say that they've done something - they're mad that this "accessibility patch" that's allegedly meant to level the playing field is literally doing the opposite, and making some content near impossible for anyone to clear other than the absolute absolute top echelon of players.

QFT. I hope Oakensoul will at least let me manage some quest lines. But I'm not.... honestly expecting that outcome..
    Edited by TaSheen on July 13, 2022 12:54AM

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

After review, we would like to remind everyone that all posts should be kept within the Community Guidelines. If there may be any questions in regards the rules, please take a few moments to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • kevkj
    kevkj
    ✭✭✭✭
    I started to respond to everyone, but then I decided it would take too long. Please continue to be upset, the responses have made it clear to me that there are multiple reasons why people are angry and that overall people just don't like the idea of having to adjust their play style to dramatic changes.

Everything is being nerfed! This helps No One! Why why why!!! - Random ESO Players Chanting

@Lucidilusions I've not commented about the proposed changes anywhere, I have not taken the time to read the notes properly or test it on PTS.

You however, seem to be in favour of the changes for misguided reasons. Firstly, in thinking that the good players will start including worse players in their groups just because all damage is lowered. Secondly, you say people are just resistant to change. You similarly seem to enjoy change for the sake of it.

You make a post claiming to want "non-sarcastic" answers but have been at best, facetious the entire time.
    Edited by kevkj on July 13, 2022 1:48AM
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insane nerfs to sorcerer over a spammable that is a copy of another spammable.
    Endless hail 30 sec.
    Rapid strikes and jabs being removed from the game for horrible lazy made alt versions.

I main stam sorcerer that uses rapid strikes and vma bow backbar.
    They litteraly murdered my main.

Edited by francesinhalover on July 13, 2022 5:32AM
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Lucidilusions
    Lucidilusions
    ✭✭
    kevkj wrote: »

@Lucidilusions I've not commented about the proposed changes anywhere, I have not taken the time to read the notes properly or test it on PTS.

You, however, seem to be in favor of the changes for misguided reasons. Firstly, in thinking that the good players will start including worse players in their groups just because all damage is lowered. Secondly, you say people are just resistant to change. You similarly seem to enjoy change for the sake of it.

You make a post claiming to want "non-sarcastic" answers but have been at best, facetious the entire time.

I have no skin in the game for the change one way or another, I do not do serious trials or play a DPS toon. I do housing, so none of these changes affect me. I have made 3 posts on this thread including this one. My first post we serious and honest and I was simply looking for clarification. That post was met with replies describing issues with the combat system in general (not what I asked), saying that I don't understand the issues, and indirectly assuming I favor one thing over another (Such as your reply).

After reading a few of the replies and skimming the rest my initial response was indeed sarcastic and an attempt at being humorous in order to lighten a subject matter that clearly has people angered. This was not in contradiction to my request for non-sarcastic answers, I'm not answering anything, I'm trying to diffuse tension at that point.

Based on these two replies you say that I "Enjoy change for the sake of change". Although I'm pretty sure I have not said anything to support this assumption as of yet, let me go ahead and clarify how I feel about change. I do indeed ENJOY it. Change keeps things interesting, change is the reason we have DLC's and Expansions and new events etc. Change for the sake of change, what is that? I think someone else committed something (not an exact quote) along the lines that this change was just here to fulfill ZOS employees' need to fill in their annual review and show they are doing "something" regardless of how that affects the game. I don't believe this is true, I guess if not believing that makes me guilty of liking change for the sake of change, well so be it.

You also you seem to think I believe "worse players" will be brought in to trials for just because the damage is lower. I don't believe I ever said anything about this either. What I did say is that trials might be able to fill damage spots with people who have not mastered LA Weaving when needed vs being stuck only being able to choose from a pool of players that have. The assumption that these players are "worse" than the others appears to be something you came to all on your own.

I never said that people are resistant to change, what I said was that people don't like the idea of having to adjust their play style to the suggested changes. Now let me clarify some more, people are telling me it's a nerf to damage across the board but that instead of nerfing the damage and then adjusting the trial bosses or whatever to make things even, ZOS has thus far only nerfed the damage without the other half.

As far as nerfing the damage goes, they are adjusting how spells and LA Weaving and DOTS and Buffs and whatever effect stuff in-game. If your issue with this is solely that these items are being changed, then yes when I read that it tells me you simply don't want to adjust your play style to those changes or relearn how to adequately utilize those skills with their modified effects/durations/whatever.

Now if your issue is not simply the damage change but instead that the damage is being changed without adjusting the trials, dungeons, encounters, or whatever to reflect those changes and make sure that those encounters can be beaten with the damage reductions. Then you have a better point and you are not simply resistant to change but want to make sure that the game changes are addressed evenly.

I hope this clears some things up, thanks for all the responses, everyone. This is clearly a subject people are very passionate about and I hope you can find the solutions you are all looking for.
    Edited by Lucidilusions on July 13, 2022 5:59AM
  • kevkj
    kevkj
    ✭✭✭✭

You also you seem to think I believe "worse players" will be brought in to trials for just because the damage is lower.

I need a sanity check that both your statements don't mean the same thing.

What I did say is that trials might be able to fill damage spots with people who have not mastered LA Weaving when needed vs being stuck only being able to choose from a pool of players that have. The assumption that these players are "worse" than the others appears to be something you came to all on your own.

What am I not understanding about your statements? Players who have not mastered LA Weaving are likely put out less damage than ones who have and so are objectively "worse". Sure you might have better situational awareness etc but the issue at hand is damage. That's not an assumption or opinion or personal prejudice. It's not meant to be insulting, it's just a fact. Even a 100k dps player is "worse" than a 130k dps player.

So you have this belief that this patch will somehow lead to raid groups lowering the dps requirement because? You wrote a whole essay and never addressed that point. People don't care if you LA weave or not. They care about the raw number you put out. If you can somehow hit their required number without weaving, that's good. If you weave perfectly but don't use the proper skills at all or have good gear, you won't hit the required number. No one cares why you cannot hit the number, they care if you do. You seem to be convinced that this will change despite "having no skin in the game". If damage is lowered across the board as others seem to be reporting, more players will be further from the benchmark required by groups. Please read this and understand it, this has been the main point everyone in this thread is trying to get across to you.

Perhaps a concrete example would help. Let's say you need 80k dps to join a certain raid group.
    Player A has 'mastered' LA weaving. Currently they do 100k dps.

Player B has 'not mastered' LA weaving. Currently they do 60k dps.

Situation 1) The damage nerf is percentage based, let's say 10%.
    Player A now does 90k dps.

Player B now does 54k dps.

Situation 2) The damage nerf is a fixed chunk for all players, regardless of skills or gear. Everyone loses 20k dps.
    Player A now does 80k dps.

Player B now does 40k dps.

Can you show the rest of the class which player will get into the raid group in each situation? That's right, Player A every time. Player B will not have a higher chance of being asked to fill in a raid group. Arguably, they actually have a lower chance.
    Edited by kevkj on July 13, 2022 7:22AM
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wasn't there a group of guys always complaining that the game's too easy? Where are they now?

I never was a fan of LA weaving, as to be honest I don't really understand it, and I don't have the luxury of time to spend hours upon hours to research it on out of game sources, and in game there's zero feedback on what it is and if I'm doing it right. It ends up feeling just random when I come upon guys with those insane levels of damage.

Do I think those changes are for good? I honestly don't know. All I know is that combat in ESO feels floaty and unresponsive, and exploits that aren't explained in any tutorial in game certainly don't help to mitigate that feeling.

And all those threads with angry people shouting "ZOS is killing the game!!!!111" certainly don't help a casual like me to understand what the problem is to begin with.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not read every comment here but reducing damage so much and keeping the content on the same level will not make the content more easy and accessible for new players, on the contrary it will make it harder for them.

I can understand casting dots does not require a lot of multi managing on the test server but that change will probably not going to make the damage go up for new players or players who does not weave.

This changes can only be good if the current content is adjusted too.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it the same people who have been complaining about the game being too easy who are now complaining that their damage is being reduced?
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well, I guess it's the end of the world as we know it. Please enjoy your future in Super Mario Kart! (PS Super Mario Kart is awesome, this is not intended to be a diss at Super Mario Kart! Actually, who wants to play Super Mario Kart!!!???_

Ah yes, this was definitely a question posed with good will.
  • EnerG
    EnerG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The elistist dont like change.
    Edited by EnerG on July 13, 2022 9:57AM
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    EnerG wrote: »

No. We like GOOD change. We like new content to push, we loved the changes to DK not last patch but the one before, you know, the one where DK was finally fun to play? But of course, I forgot, "DK is meant to struggle with sustain" and they nerfed it again.
    Everyone was in agreement that stamsorc needed some adjusting, and that oakensoul needed some fine tuning. We expected that.
    This is just swinging the pendulum back to pre-Harrowstorm era, and for what? Because 1% of the player base got TOO GOOD at the game? It's dumb, and it hurts everyone else.b
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Is it the same people who have been complaining about the game being too easy who are now complaining that their damage is being reduced?

Is it the same group of players complaining that overland and quest content is too easy who are now complaining that their damage is being reduced?

I quest on my MagDK tank who does around 8k DPS, because I was destroying quest content no trouble on my MagSorc who does 15k DPS. Quest content is designed for brand new players with no CP, which I've also done for two Chapters.

Damage isn't being reduced by that much. ZOS isn't making quest minibosses and bosses hard for players who do Vet content.

Unless you know of some group of people who were complaining that Vet DLC dungeons and Vet Trials were too easy?

(That's not to say there aren't some folks who still find quest bosses difficult because of inexperience, low DPS, disability, or bad internet, but no, this idea that ZOS is nerfing damage to give people who asked for a more difficult overland content what they wanted is just incorrect. It's not going to have that effect at all for anyone who was doing the sort of Vet group content where ZOS aims to reduce the gap between the ceiling and floor. And, uh, also ZOS isn't really working on overland difficulty at all, according to Rich Lambert. "We don't have any major changes planned for the Overland difficulty." https://wccftech.com/the-elder-scrolls-online-high-isle-preview-qa-fsr-1-0-support-card-game-and-much-more/ Make of that what you will.)
    Edited by VaranisArano on July 13, 2022 11:08AM
  • Arthtur
    Arthtur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

Is it the same group of players complaining that overland and quest content is too easy who are now complaining that their damage is being reduced?

I quest on my MagDK tank who does around 8k DPS, because I was destroying quest content no trouble on my MagSorc who does 15k DPS. Quest content is designed for brand new players with no CP, which I've also done for two Chapters.

Damage isn't being reduced by that much. ZOS isn't making quest minibosses and bosses hard for players who do Vet content.

Unless you know of some group of people who were complaining that Vet DLC dungeons and Vet Trials were too easy?

(That's not to say there aren't some folks who still find quest bosses difficult because of inexperience, low DPS, disability, or bad internet, but no, this idea that ZOS is nerfing damage to give people who asked for a more difficult overland content what they wanted is just incorrect. It's not going to have that effect at all for anyone who was doing the sort of content where ZOS aims to reduce the gap between the ceiling and floor.)

Im one of ppl who wants harder Overland. Am i wrong? No.
    Diffrent ppl have diffrent needs.
    Do i complain about nerfs? Yes.
    So am i the bad one? For some ppl i guess.

Those nerfs dont change anything for me. Overland is still as easy as it was. Its just that i will need to spend 30s more killing last Boss in dungeons. For me this patch is just damage nerf and more boring combat because of how long DoTs are.
    Im complaining because:
    - weaker players get hit rly hard and this patch was supposed to help them.
    - combat become more boring.

Its not our fault. We dont get anything from increased difficult. Nothing.
    That's why this patch is bad. There is no benefis at all. Nothing for casual players, nothing for mid tier players, nothing for endgame players.
    Everyone only gets hurt.

Just to be sure. I just want to show how it look from my point of view, which is as dark as everyone's else.

Edit. I forgot to add that 90% players like me want optional harder overland, not forced one on everyone. Thats kinda important xD
    Edited by Arthtur on July 13, 2022 2:01PM
    PC/EU @Arthtur

Toxic Tank for the win :x
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CE_Nex wrote: »
    I'm not asking this sarcastically, I honestly don't get a lot of the anger over the weaving changes. The changes theoretically opens up more end-game content to more players and reduce a wall that some people are unable to overcome for various reasons.

The problem here is that these changes don't open up end-game content for more people.

ase8yyo7eywo.jpg

All Damage Over Time abilities have been reduced by 33%, meaning every single build that uses any form of DoTs is going to see a damage decrease. It doesn't matter if you're a sweaty endgamer or someone who just started playing ESO 3 weeks ago: their DoT damage is going down.

xdi3xj7dwpt6.jpg

Most DoTs will now tick every two seconds instead of every one second as it is now. This means your back bar weapon enchants will proc off of weapon skills, such as wall of elements and endless hail, half as frequently. That's an additional damage decrease. Also, in fights where bosses and mobs are highly mobile (Ex. Z'maja, Olms, Bahsei, Reef Guardian, etc.) they will take less ticks of damage from your AoE DoTs as these enemies will move out of them before the full duration may expire. As you move towards vet and hardmodes, players are forced to move more and more, making AoE DoTs even less effective, further reducing damage.

DPS who are practiced and knowledgable and already have copious expereince will be able to manage and adapt. DPS who are learning and are being introduced to the endgame content? Good luck, the learning curve just got significantly steeper.
    [...]

I wanna add that because ZOS has made "dots more worthwhile in longer fights" the meta is ironically going to shift into a direction where you are trying to have as many dots up as possible... which makes for harder rotations... which means that the game has become more difficult, not less.
    I've already seen a few people play that way on PTS. It looks like there are currently two schools of thought regarding this. Either you use a dot then a spammable and then the next dot, or you use all of your dots, then only spammables and 20s later you are going to stress over getting all of your dots reapplied at the right time. Eitherway, that's the opposite of an easy rotation.
    ZOS could have just nerfed light attacks and buffed main spammable damage to keep damage the same assuming perfect weaving. That will keep the ceiling where it is and buff the floor because LA don't matter that much anymore. That's literally all they had to do. Buffing buff durations is also good, but touching the dots was a mistake and that they even came up with this idea tells me that the combat team doesn't understand combat :/
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First let me say that I'm not angry. More... concerned. And tired.

But there are some common themes about why people are upset and for most people, it IS NOT because they are "elitist" and upset that their parse will be lower. Every understands that addressing power creep would be a good thing at this point in the game. The themes are:

1-- On paper and in practice, for those who have popped into PTS, the changes don't seem to accomplish the intended stated goals. This is not the first time ZOS has done something for a different reason than they told us (AwA being a HUGE example of this) and so the fact that the changes don't align with the goals combined with this history breeds mistrust and therefore anger.

2-- ZOS also keeps saying "no major changes" and then keeps dropping major changes. So again, the anger is about the misleading communication. Many folks have change fatigue. It's not about this particular change. Any major change would have brought this reaction. A change where everyone's DPS could go up by 50k but gutted all builds would have produced similar reactions.

3-- It is true that people tend not to like nerfs, because they worry that their particular chosen class and build will no longer be viable. Therefore, for many folks, the timing of this change is suspect because it came AFTER the expansion dropped, and wasn't mentioned as something that was coming in the yearly overview. Why would a company not talk about what's likely to be a broadly disliked combat change before people bought the expansion?

Many people who are angry truly love this game, want what's best for it, and feel that since the reasons don't align that perhaps the people making these changes don't care about what's best for the game... perhaps they only care about making money in the short term. Perhaps they don't actually care about supporting all of the types of players in the game... end game folks, role players, PvPer's, solo players... the mix of whom keep the community healthy and diverse. Perhaps instead the focus is only on continuing to make performance changes so new players can be added at maximum profit without having to pay to expand the hardware to accommodate all of the different playstyles in the game.

This is what is generating the anger, I think. The TLDR is: Due to bad communication and what appears to be a lack of transparency there is not a lot of faith that the changes aren't being driven by the monetization bus. And people don't take kindly to that when it starts impacting combat and core gameplay functionality.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whenever a development company adjust a game to be inline with their initial design the elite players complain because now they have to do mechanic instead of simply by passing them with higher damage output. What will probably happen is more players needing to be revived because mechanic now become a factor in completing content.

This isn’t the first time I see this type of change in game.
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Whenever a development company adjust a game to be inline with their initial design the elite players complain because now they have to do mechanic instead of simply by passing them with higher damage output. What will probably happen is more players needing to be revived because mechanic now become a factor in completing content.

This isn’t the first time I see this type of change in game.

What mechanics, exactly, are currently being bypassed? Can you name them? What dungeons or trials are they in? Who is bypassing them?
  • prof_doom
    prof_doom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arthtur wrote: »

People said they wanted overland content to be harder.
    I guessing most of them wanted overland enemies to be harder, not for the players to be weaker.
  • Arthtur
    Arthtur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    prof_doom wrote: »
    Arthtur wrote: »

People said they wanted overland content to be harder.
    I guessing most of them wanted overland enemies to be harder, not for the players to be weaker.

Well i forgot to add, 90% of ppl like me want optional harder overland. Thats kinda important xD
    PC/EU @Arthtur

Toxic Tank for the win :x
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed, overland has always been the bugaboo when it comes to difficulty level.

And the overwhelming consensus has always been to add an optional difficulty mode for that.

Which is wholly ignored in favor of inexplicable approaches such as this.

Esse quam videri.
  • JustAGoodPlayer
    JustAGoodPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because this will not make good balance again It is worse than even before.

We hope for some other changes.
  • dmnqwk
    dmnqwk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A key change occurring is that overland content will not be harder, but it will be less entertaining.

Since DoTs are going from 1.5/10 to 2/20 the reduction in damage from 3/20 by 33% means DoTs are going to become obsolete in a lot of Overland places - which means you will just spam 1 button like you're a pre-u35 templar.

DoTs should 100% not have their damage reduced and, if anything, should be worth more because applying damage layers needs to be seen as important to providing entertainment.

Each DoT will take 10 seconds to reach the point wherein it was worth using over a spammable - so now every time you fight a mob who will die before 12 seconds is up... you should no longer DoT... just spam 1 button!

So thanks to ESO believing DoTs are not fun and layering damage is not enjoyable, we will get to experience the fun of 1 button rotations for any mobs who wont last 12 seconds <3
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Firstly, my favorite thing is helping new players. I’ve brought countless folks through their first trial. In the last two weeks I have been present at the making of four newly, first time crowned emperors. All of them primarily pve players. But I’d probably be termed an “elitist” because I play at endgame.

But that aside I wish some folks who lurk would consider one thing - change, particularly volatile change, is not some awful thing to endgame players, many who see this latest round of stuff awfully timed and woefully byzantine.

We don’t need oakensoul, and we will adjust.

In fact upheaval is extremely profitable to us. It is a simple matter to make millions off of it by predicting what the new and midrange players are going to need in the wake of it and selling it at traders, putting their gold in our pockets.

It might be tough to understand some of our points of view if you see everything through the window of self-interest. But that isn’t what actually drives a lot of the criticism.

In fact the most harmful folks to new and midrange players are often the posters that are the snarkiest to folks who are, in fact, agitating for their interests and not their own. After a while you get wore out of it, shrug, and just take that gold, and don’t feel the slightest guilt at marking it up to whatever the market will bear.
    Esse quam videri.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS isn't doing these nerfs because of Overland difficulty complaints, guys.

I'll reiterate the interview from Rich Lambert that talks about why they aren't making overland difficulty changes: https://wccftech.com/the-elder-scrolls-online-high-isle-preview-qa-fsr-1-0-support-card-game-and-much-more

"We don't have any major changes planned for the Overland difficulty."
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Change Fatigue

It's as simple as that. It's not about having to adjust combat playstyles this patch so much as how often we have to do it.

Especially considering that ZOS keeps sending mixed signals as to how they want things to go. Undoing things they created. Making LA and HA scale off of max stat they are associated with, then scaling them off of the highest stat, now flat damage.

This discussion has been closed.