Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New trial is fun!

FeedbackOnly
FeedbackOnly
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
We finished just in time!

It's not hard but visually fun and interesting to see. How mechics feel fresh and interesting to do

Good job zos
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on June 6, 2022 9:45PM
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Definitely two tanks even on normal
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    P.S we are claiming world's normal first run 😝
  • SgtWinnie
    SgtWinnie
    ✭✭✭

This made me laugh!
    Glad you enjoyed it.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SgtWinnie wrote: »

This made me laugh!
    Glad you enjoyed it.

It was hard to get people too as database error happened so people couldn't log into characters

I jumped off a cliff thinking we could get to boss that way....

Afterwards I was like don't follow

P.S 3 people followed to their deaths
    Edited by FeedbackOnly on June 6, 2022 1:39PM
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    P.S

There's a lot of funny ways to die in this trial. One guy jumped into the wrong hole

Another guy didn't walk the plank well enough

We also took a wrong turn and were like are we lost... never trust the blind to lead the blind
    Edited by FeedbackOnly on June 6, 2022 4:01PM
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Dungeons, Trials & Arenas section, as it is better suited there.

Thanks
    Staff Post
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't forget to try out new trial all
  • Kusto
    Kusto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not that fun imo. It's not balanced the same as other trials. Normal is too easy, 1 tank, 1 healer and steamroll everything. No mechanics required. And that's fine, other trials are easy too on normal. But vet is too brutal. The gap between norm and vet is too large. All other trials have significant difficulty increase on vet too but not that much. Regular vDSR feels like vet hm in other trials. While most vet trials can be pugged with some coordination and half decent players then vDSR seems to be meant for 0.1% of the players only.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kusto wrote: »
    It's not that fun imo. It's not balanced the same as other trials. Normal is too easy, 1 tank, 1 healer and steamroll everything. No mechanics required. And that's fine, other trials are easy too on normal. But vet is too brutal. The gap between norm and vet is too large. All other trials have significant difficulty increase on vet too but not that much. Regular vDSR feels like vet hm in other trials. While most vet trials can be pugged with some coordination and half decent players then vDSR seems to be meant for 0.1% of the players only.

Which boss is giving you trouble? The first one requires following mechanics and group coordination, very much like the twins in vMoL. 2nd boss isn't bad as long as the tanks can hold aggro and downstairs group doesn't wipe. 3rd is pretty interesting, and just relies on people taking deluge out before blowing up the group (much like Rakkhat). There's also the option to get secret buffs before doing 2nd and 3rd boss to allow easier clears. The hard mode bosses are challenging, and I appreciate that. I really like how even the side bosses have a form of hard mode (splitting group for speed).

It seems more balanced than Rockgrove or Kyne's Aegis IMO.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just finished it. Our guild went in completely cold. It was a glorious cluster****. Great times were had by all.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which boss is giving you trouble? The first one requires following mechanics and group coordination, very much like the twins in vMoL. 2nd boss isn't bad as long as the tanks can hold aggro and downstairs group doesn't wipe. 3rd is pretty interesting, and just relies on people taking deluge out before blowing up the group (much like Rakkhat). There's also the option to get secret buffs before doing 2nd and 3rd boss to allow easier clears. The hard mode bosses are challenging, and I appreciate that. I really like how even the side bosses have a form of hard mode (splitting group for speed).

I don't want to say "harder" or "easier", as those terms lack precision. Instead, I would say that DSR on veteran non-HM has a significantly steeper learning curve than any trial since HoF and is significantly less accessible than any of the previous five trials.

For the power levels that players had in 2017 when it was released, vHoF was not well-balanced. The "Hard Mode" (if you can even call it that) in vHoF was (and still is) a joke that offered no real challenge over regular vet because it's completely bereft of new or different mechanics and has just slightly higher numbers. Meanwhile, regular vet was hard and inaccessible (which is why ZOS decided to nerf vHoF, even after it had already been indirectly nerfed by three years of power creep).

The reason I bring up HoF is that it was the last "old" trial. After HoF, ZOS made an effort to strike a better balance. The regular vets--vAS+0, vCR+0, vSS, vKA, and vRG--were made to be easier and more accessible than vHoF. The mechanics are simpler, there's less coordination required, there are no tank swaps, etc. Meanwhile, the Hard Modes were made to be harder. vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS HM, vKA HM, and vRG HM are all considerably more difficult than vHoF HM, and this has given higher-end groups something to chew on.

I think that this new post-HoF model has been successful in making trials more interesting for a wider group of players, both at the lower end with better accessibility and at the high end with better challenges. And as I see it, DSR is an upset to this balance.

I think accessibility is important, because a lot of players have a hard time getting past the first step, which is "find a group". For people like us, who have been running with premade groups for years, it's easy to forget that most people don't have that kind of luxury. They can PUG a vSS out of Craglorn with no voice comms. Sure, it's messy, takes over an hour, and sometimes won't clear, but it's viable (I've been doing this in recent weeks using my third account). You can't do this with vHoF, and you definitely can't do this with vDSR. For that, you'd want to be in a more coordinated group, and that's a major roadblock for a lot of people. And without a regular group, it's hard to learn these kinds of fights that have a steep learning curve.

I've said before that HoF is my favorite trial, and I've said during the PTS that I like DSR non-HM. But at the same time, I also think that vDSR non-HM is too inaccessible for the kind of target audience that the previous five vet non-HM trials have attracted. And that's the problem: while I like vDSR non-HM, I don't think I'm the right target audience for non-HM. HM should be my cup of tea, except this time, vDSR HM is so over the top that it's not fun.
    Edited by code65536 on June 8, 2022 1:00PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Was stuck on the first bosses for like 4 hours in vet today, but I still had fun. A lot of us did. A good amount of my groupmates said it reminds them of the twins in vMaw, and I have to agree. vMaw’s always been one of my fav trials, if not THE top trial for me, so having such a fight that reminds me of it feels good.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Kusto
    Kusto
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We're stuck at 2nd boss. What are the secret buffs and where to get them?
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're stuck at 2nd boss.
    The second boss is a confusing fight. The advice that I'll give is to make sure that the original boss (the largest one) doesn't get pushed to 50% until its first child and grandchild are both dead.

Here's a diagram that I had made of the boss splits that happen on this fight. There will be a total of 5 bosses, and they spawn at certain health percentages. For example, the original boss (large) will spawn one offspring (medium) at 80% health of the original boss (not 80% overall health of every boss) and another offspring at 50%. Each of those offsprings will then spawn another at their 50% health marks (and those smallest "grandchild" bosses will never spawn any offspring).

So focus and prune the left side of this "family tree" before getting the right side to spawn. One common cause of problems on this fight is having both branches of this "family tree" active, which makes the fight quite a bit harder.

K1RwzuQ.png

What are the secret buffs and where to get them?
    In the side areas after the first boss (where you are taught the whirlpool mechanic on one side and lightning shelter mechanic on the other), there are these "Disturbed Earth" mounds. Dig up the mounds. Most will contain nothing ,but five of them will contain a rune, which you must destroy. The locations of the mounds are the same in every run, but the locations of the runes contained within are randomized. Once you've found and destroyed 5 runes, there will be a "Dwarven Device" located just a bit before the door to the second boss that you can activate that will grant the bonus buffs.

You can activate it only after destroying all 5 (so no partial buffs), and the buffs are imparted only after activating the device.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ran the new trial yesterday, it was fun. :smile:

The last boss had some cool mechanics. I think my group had a lot of very good DDs, we never really had to worry about mechanics on the previous bosses.
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade