Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/662078/

Dark Convergence is still totally out of balance, totally unreasonable set to exist in PvP

• Mr_Nesbitt
    You know templars can cancel DC with cleansing ritual/ritual of retribution?...
    Options
  • FannyWarden
    FannyWarden
    ✭✭
    Mr_Nesbitt wrote: »
    You know templars can cancel DC with cleansing ritual/ritual of retribution?...

Just be careful you are not plague infected when you cleanse. I am not sure which hits harder DC or a plague carrier bomb.
    Options
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to see Dark Convergence pull to the player wearing the set. That would actually make the set perform as ZOS says it was intended to rather than just a tool for a ball groups to round up and nuke pugs or anyone who can't break free due to lag.
    Options
  • KiltMaster
    KiltMaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't do much damage - just hold block
    PC/NA
    GM of "Kilts for Sale"
    Ebonheart Pact
    He/Him
    Options
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giraffon wrote: »
    This set is total trash in PvP. It needs to do something besides pull. It's fine as is for PvE.

Unfortunately the very thing that makes DConv annoying in PvP, is the thing makes it very useful in PvE group dungeon runs. It's great for getting rid of trash mobs on your way to the bosses. The set is also useful in controlling the ads from bosses. I don't think the ESO devs can fix one, PvP, without breaking the other, PvE.

The set was designed for PVP though.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
    Options
  • DRTE
    DRTE
    ✭✭✭✭
    This set is meh. Yes its everywhere but it does nothing without a colo bomb or destro bomb. Use snare removal to escape quickly if no bomb EG: race against time, Phantasmal Escape, Momentum, Protective Plate. Or hold block and walk out of it.

All these fourms are these days is nurf nurf nurf.
    DRAGON SPAWN

Tyrion septim. Stam DK
    Agneyastra. Mag DK
    Evil Buu. Mag Sorc
    Super Evil Buu. Stam Sorc
    Carmala Jabspammer. Magplar
    Get some help. Stamplar
    Plebby Longstockings. Stamblade
    Nightbot. Magblade
    Unslaad Krosis. Magden
    Dirty lich. Magcro
    Options
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DRTE wrote: »
    This set is meh. Yes its everywhere but it does nothing without a colo bomb or destro bomb. Use snare removal to escape quickly if no bomb EG: race against time, Phantasmal Escape, Momentum, Protective Plate. Or hold block and walk out of it.

All these fourms are these days is nurf nurf nurf.

The current AP leader and EP emp on PC NA is a player abusing the grossly OP nature of Dark Convergence to farm AP at a much higher rate than people not wearing the set can accomplish. You know the set can not be countered as effectively as your quoted post claims.

You are defending the broken, out of balance set because you run the set and have managed to gain emp with it because it's so out of balance and OP.
    Edited by EdmondDontes on May 28, 2022 5:12PM
    Options
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it as it is for PVE. It's a fun set to run in dungeons.
    Options
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a carpet of Dark Convergence anytime you encounter a ball group now days. Combined with a carpet of roots to hold you in their ulti bombs.

Ball groups have never been stronger or harder to counter with Dark Convergence. The set does exactly the opposite of what the devs said it was designed to do.
    Options
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a carpet of Dark Convergence anytime you encounter a ball group now days. Combined with a carpet of roots to hold you in their ulti bombs.

Ball groups have never been stronger or harder to counter with Dark Convergence. The set does exactly the opposite of what the devs said it was designed to do.

I don't think so, I keep seeing people saying "ball groups abuse this set" but the fact of the matter is, the set is doing it's intended job of wiping zergs. It's a zerg buster set, not "ball group control set". Group coordination doesn't make you a zerg or a large group. I've seen ball groups on playstation server like Fatality run with only 6 people and wiping zergs.

Same as vicious death, I've had vicious death bombblades solo bombing me all the time, but just because people use it out of it's intended use doesn't mean it's not accomplishing it's job of wiping zergs. Both VD and Dark convergence are wiping zergs and ZOS probably aren't going to change the set because some random zerg surfer is using it in a zerg. It's still accomplishing it's job of zerg wiping, which ZOS themselves stated. 7431c598adb09912a4638f1d7841bc7d.png

It's still accomplishing it's job of wiping zergs. There's more compilation videos of DC zerg wiping than non-dc videos.
    I hate the set myself, but it'd be ridiculous to say it's not doing it's intended job. Which is why the set is never going away and this nerf threads aren't going to accomplish anything.
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
    Options
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone else noticed that the top AP players on the leaderboards for PC NA Greyhost are all using Dark Convergence? The top AP players of all three factions are running Dark Convergence.

That alone should tell the devs the set is grossly OP.
    Edited by EdmondDontes on June 2, 2022 7:12PM
    Options
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The battleground team with Dark Convergence wins.
    The organized group with Dark Convergence wins.
    Dark Convergence makes for lame gameplay because of its full array of features. It basically has everything.

1 Make Dark Convergence unusable by the wearer if grouped in a pvp area. This would improve BGs.
    2 Delete Dark Convergence.
    3 Make Dark Convergence a pve only set.
    4 Nerf it into uselessness.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
    Options
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭
    Someone might have said this already, but ...

Dark Convergence is not an issue if you understand how it works.

A.) Don't stand near people with 25k health and under.
    B.) Maybe just don't group at all? If you hate zergs and ball groups so much then there is no need to linger near others.
    C.) Roll dodge after you get pulled in and heal.

I use DC on my sorc to defend against ball groups and zergs, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I also heal people through DC pulls. Usually if I do the steps listed above, everyone survives. It's a little tiring hearing people complain about this set just because they die from it.

I see this with everything. If someone dies from a DK, there is a whole rant on zone about how op and trash DKs are. If someone dies 1v1, oh they must be cheating. If you lose to streamer, that streamer is suddenly toxic because they use op sets. Everything can be considered op and toxic if you all have your way and then we'll end up with nothing. I heard one streamer call me and healing op and toxic because I was stopping him from 1vx my faction. So now healing shouldn't be in pvp either?

My god. It's really not that big of a deal. Sometimes you lose, it's a game. Get over it and change your build.

I'm done with my rant, please resume. :)
    Edited by DaisyRay on June 3, 2022 12:16AM
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ DaisyRay ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑
    Options
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Diameter should be halved and pull itself should cause CC immunity.
    Options
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diameter should be halved and pull itself should cause CC immunity.

I think they should change it so the set pulls to the wearer, not a spot on the ground 10 meters from the user.
    Options
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaisyRay wrote: »

B.) Maybe just don't group at all? If you hate zergs and ball groups so much then there is no need to linger near others.

I use DC on my sorc to defend against ball groups and zergs, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I also heal people through DC pulls. Usually if I do the steps listed above, everyone survives. It's a little tiring hearing people complain about this set just because they die from it.

I see this with everything. If someone dies from a DK, there is a whole rant on zone about how op and trash DKs are. If someone dies 1v1, oh they must be cheating. If you lose to streamer, that streamer is suddenly toxic because they use op sets. Everything can be considered op and toxic if you all have your way and then we'll end up with nothing. I heard one streamer call me and healing op and toxic because I was stopping him from 1vx my faction. So now healing shouldn't be in pvp either?

My god. It's really not that big of a deal. Sometimes you lose, it's a game. Get over it and change your build.

It seems the only people defending the extreme OP nature of the set are the people running it. It's no coincidence that all the AP leaders in every faction are wearing the set. It's out of balance OP, that's why they are wearing it.
    Options
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭

It seems the only people defending the extreme OP nature of the set are the people running it. It's no coincidence that all the AP leaders in every faction are wearing the set. It's out of balance OP, that's why they are wearing it.

I think you will find that they are all running a specific set but it's not dark convergence. It's plaguebreak.
    Options
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭

I'm not an AP leader by any means, but I do use it. Initially, it was just to keep people still because they were always jumping, at least in Blackreach. Then, when I got to Greyhost, I realized it was useful for pausing zergs and ball groups. I'm not even a real bomber; I don't have any harmony or anything. As previously stated, it does not deal as much damage with just the set alone. So, if you really want to change things, you'd have to get rid of the necro class, vicious death, plague break, and dark convergence. Perhaps a few more sets that I overlooked. But, of course, I'm sure some of you would object because you love those things, right?

Do you see how absurd the argument is? Furthermore, I disagree with the notion that everyone leading in AP must use DC. Maybe they're just better at collecting AP than you are. Perhaps they are better fighters? Maybe they don't have a life or obligations, so they have all the time in the world to garner AP. Unless you have proof that every single one of them is using DC, your argument is moot. Only a few people at the top have used it, and that's because they run a ball group.

Spoiler alert: ball groups will continue to exist even if DC is removed, and you'll all be back here complaining about the next thing. That's my final response because I believe it's best to simply agree to disagree. Zos, I hope you don't take it away. I think it's a fabulous set!

<3 Have a blessed day all!
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ DaisyRay ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not an AP leader by any means, but I do use it. Initially, it was just to keep people still because they were always jumping, at least in Blackreach. Then, when I got to Greyhost, I realized it was useful for pausing zergs and ball groups. I'm not even a real bomber; I don't have any harmony or anything. As previously stated, it does not deal as much damage with just the set alone.
    Damage is not the reason why this set is busted (and therefore every one is running it). The reason is CC. This set ignores all of other rules ZOS established regarding CC & CC immunity. You know all of those "narrow spots" (keep doors, broken walls, keep interiors etc) are called "killing zones" - because they make players to stack.

DC set is basically an "on demand", portable killing zone. That is why it is busted. It also enables crazy combos, but I guess that is kinda obvious.

Options
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LOL "Zergbuster." As I sit here watching a streamer and 4 others getting chased by 20+ and the 20+ are basically chaining multiple DCs one after another. Im sure so many are using it because it is mediocre at best though.
    Options
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuddlypuff wrote: »

I think you will find that they are all running a specific set but it's not dark convergence. It's plaguebreak.

I think if people look at the current AP leader on PC NA Greyhost for the DC faction they will see that the person IS wearing Dark Convergence. Same goes for the EP faction and for the AD faction. ....you can look up who those names on there yourselves, but you will see at least two of those people have posted in this thread about how "harmless" the Dark Convergence set is....yet they ARE wearing the set, and they ARE the current faction AP leaders.
    Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whether or not it's terribly effective depends on whether I'm awake enough to block and move, or whether the server decides to accept my request to block...which is iffy.
    Isn't it just enough already? How is there anyone left who isn't completely over seeing or using this set? Plaguebreak can go too but IMO it's not nearly as annoying as being pulled into the noob vortex every few seconds.
    Options
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL "Zergbuster." As I sit here watching a streamer and 4 others getting chased by 20+ and the 20+ are basically chaining multiple DCs one after another. Im sure so many are using it because it is mediocre at best though.

Nightblades were using proxy detonation vicious death builds to bomb solo players in outnumbered situations(even though proxy is supposed to be a zerg busting ability only) before they re-worked proximity detonation to only be effective against large groups.

I don't see your point? People always use sets out of it's intended usage, if something is strong people will abuse it. And yes I admit DC is very strong but that's what happens in a proc meta where people rely on sets to play the game for them. But this is the type of pvp people wanted, barely anyone likes no proc lol
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think a lot of people here are confused. DC is extremely easy to counter. You see it come down, you hold block. I see a lot of people saying DC "ignores cc rules" but this is blatantly false. I think what's happening is a lot of people are confusing DC for Rush of Agony. Rush does ignore CC rules, has a bigger pull radius, and is much harder to counter since it isn't telegraphed and therefore can't be blocked unless you predict it.

In higher end PvP, you will never kill a better player with DC. They will block the pull every time. The pull that actually kills better players is Rush.
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a lot of people here are confused. DC is extremely easy to counter. You see it come down, you hold block.
    That is not a counter, as your opponent already won by making you move slow for 5 - 7 seconds... simply by wearing a set lol. Anyway, what often happens is that it is used as a combo with fear. So even if I break free BEFORE I got pulled, then I have a CC immunity on me (since I broke free from orher cc), but DC ignores that & still pulls me in.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on June 7, 2022 6:12PM
    Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a lot of people here are confused. DC is extremely easy to counter. You see it come down, you hold block. I see a lot of people saying DC "ignores cc rules" but this is blatantly false. I think what's happening is a lot of people are confusing DC for Rush of Agony. Rush does ignore CC rules, has a bigger pull radius, and is much harder to counter since it isn't telegraphed and therefore can't be blocked unless you predict it.

In higher end PvP, you will never kill a better player with DC. They will block the pull every time. The pull that actually kills better players is Rush.

I think a lot of people understand exactly how the set works and don't defend it because it's a blight on the landscape.
    Options
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »

I don't think so, I keep seeing people saying "ball groups abuse this set" but the fact of the matter is, the set is doing it's intended job of wiping zergs. It's a zerg buster set, not "ball group control set". Group coordination doesn't make you a zerg or a large group. I've seen ball groups on playstation server like Fatality run with only 6 people and wiping zergs.

Same as vicious death, I've had vicious death bombblades solo bombing me all the time, but just because people use it out of it's intended use doesn't mean it's not accomplishing it's job of wiping zergs. Both VD and Dark convergence are wiping zergs and ZOS probably aren't going to change the set because some random zerg surfer is using it in a zerg. It's still accomplishing it's job of zerg wiping, which ZOS themselves stated. 7431c598adb09912a4638f1d7841bc7d.png

It's still accomplishing it's job of wiping zergs. There's more compilation videos of DC zerg wiping than non-dc videos.
    I hate the set myself, but it'd be ridiculous to say it's not doing it's intended job. Which is why the set is never going away and this nerf threads aren't going to accomplish anything.

Well that was predictable, wasn't it?
    *replies to dev comment*
    We all knew it would be abusive when we first saw the introduction of the set.
    Options
  • SkadiMZ
    SkadiMZ
    ✭✭✭
    Dark Convergence can stay exactly the same. Just make it follow CC rules. Same goes for Rush of Agony.
    Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS does not care nor do they read these posts.

They communicate with their player-base poorly!

Edited by Durham on June 11, 2022 6:20AM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • Crimsonwolf666
    Crimsonwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭
    All the peeps using it will disagree. I have to say Dark Convergence on someone who doesn't have Necro or NB bomb seems to not be as effective, but damn, have I been outside of the so called DC circle and still been hit by it many times and died. But lag is still not great in PVP Cyrodiil soooooo, maybe I only saw myself outside of it?. Welp....will likely be 7+ months before they decide to nerf it once a new OP set comes out lol.
    Options