The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Buggy Heavy Attacks.

Darrell9090
Darrell9090
✭✭✭
Every since the update 33 hit PlayStation heavy attacks have been buggy. I will hold down my button for a heavy attack and it won’t even proc until 3s after at times. Somtimes you hold down the button and the heavy attack doesn’t proc at all and you have to press it again. First I thought it was my controller the delay does not do this on any other game but eso. I have also sued other controllers newer than what I currently have to see if it was that and that was not the case. This is effecting dungeon and trial runs as other tanks and dps have seen the same issues. I have seen my sustain good down as I can’t heavy attack as often as I sue to to keep my resources up while tanking dungeons.
  • smackinhippies
    smackinhippies
    ✭✭✭
    This has been a noticeable issue with lightening and resto staves since U32 for me on Xbox, which makes my ROJO healer a pain to use, U33 seems to have expanded the bug to melee. Very noticeable on my tank after a bar swap; I have to light attack or use a skill (puncture for example) before I can heavy attack otherwise my tank just stands there like a dope doing nothing.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oddly there aren’t more screaming bout this. It’s probably more noticeable to tanks though. And what a way to discourage even more playing tanks when the game is fundamentally broken…. I’ve quit tanking till it’s fixed… as have many of my tank friends. Which has meant our vet trial rosters have taken a big hit.

ZoS haven’t even acknowledged this… [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 19, 2022 2:03PM
  • BlossomDead
    BlossomDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have noticed the same issue on my DK, after roll doge, or using a skill, or being stunned, sometimes it takes me 3-4 attempts before my HA are triggerring.

@ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by BlossomDead on April 19, 2022 1:03PM
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's killing my sustain in PvP, and rules out trying the new heavy attack = penetration set.

Heavy attacks used to actually be reliable in the lag. Now its just got its own bug issues.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All, we have shared this thread with our dev team and they are looking into this issue. We'll follow up when we have more info.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you Kevin this has been a troublesome issue and has made trials and even the new content in vet harder than it should. I main a tank so I feel this issue everytime I play.
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a tank, holding block then trying to heavy attack doesn’t work. Character just stands there.
  • RoninMB
    RoninMB
    ✭✭✭
    There's also a bug where you get stuck in the heavy attack animation. I used to just notice it with staves but now it happens with all weapons.
  • No4h
    No4h
    ✭✭
    Happens a lot on destro staff!
    It's super annoying especially when you try to regen magicka with heavy attacks.

PC EU
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All, we have shared this thread with our dev team and they are looking into this issue. We'll follow up when we have more info.

Can you also please look into the bug with heavy attacks mentioned above where we will heavy attack even when no keys/buttons are being pressed? It's incredibly frustrating.
  • Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin hows the progress looking like into this issue.
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any updates on this?
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crazy this wasn’t a priority. But then… DK leap also still broken, and that’s been an issue for over 6 months.
  • Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin ive narrowed down the issue a bit more being around block. If block is held down and dropped you can’t immediately go into heavy attack like you should. Perhaps this issue has to deal with block not dropping properly.
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue here, destruction staff heavy attacks but on PC.
    Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • Elrond87
    Elrond87
    ✭✭✭
    been using a heavy attack set up cant say i have had any problem ..yet
    PC|EU
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. Elbert Hubbard

"If you are depressed you are living in the past if you are anxious you are living in the future, if you are at peace, you are living in the present." Lao Tzu

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. Oscar Wilde
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin ive narrowed down the issue a bit more being around block. If block is held down and dropped you can’t immediately go into heavy attack like you should. Perhaps this issue has to deal with block not dropping properly.

This is bang on... I feel they always mess up something surrounding block. And I'm guessing some are experiencing and some are not due to how they rotate in their heavy attacks. Myself, I always heavy immediately after the boss/enemy has finished their heavy attack. Thus, I'm standing around like an idiot for 3 seconds before I can do anything -and usually end up dead because of it.

It's very disouraging to newer tanks that's for sure.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a player who doesn’t have a perfect skill rotation even after 6 years, I have to heavy attack once per rotation to keep my stamina up. I often have trouble with the heavy attack not going off and my character just stands there until I finally notice some few seconds later. I rarely ever block so I don’t think that is what it is in my case. I am on the dual wield bar when I do the heavy attack.

I also have trouble getting Rending Slashes to go off too, not sure if it is related. That is the skill right before my heavy attack.

I should note that I am not on the training dummy when this happens, it’s during a world boss or group dungeon boss that I see this.

Hope this info helps find the solution.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Auberon1983
    Auberon1983
    ✭✭✭
    Whoa! Thought it was just me. "Glad" (not really) to see it isn't. I am glad, however, that it's being looked into
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 months later and still no word on a fix. Come on… this is a joke now. I have 5 dormant tanks I would like to play on, but I refuse to play on a broken role.
  • Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno what is the status on this issue we all have been waiting since may will it be fixed by this next patch coming up.
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. This is very aggravating as a tank. Can't count how many times I've been one-shotted because my block was not firing, after a heavy attack, when it should've been.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Bill @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_RichLambert
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get some update on this please?
    Edited by vivisectvib16_ESO on June 5, 2022 12:20AM
  • Auberon1983
    Auberon1983
    ✭✭✭
    Still an issue for me as well. Sometimes my tank can heavy after a block, other times she just stands still. There is no prior indication as to whether it'll work as intended or not.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it’s a game breaker at the moment and STILL no word on a fix. Well myself and two others in this house have not pre ordered High Isle, and I’m sticking to my word on this one…
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best way to highlight this coding and broken gameplay… and to describe it best…

Go to a crafting writ board and pick up any of the quests and immediately after exiting the board try to move… your character is locked up in place, and the only way to release them is to let go of all controls for a moment and then retry. This is exactly the same issue with heavy attacking after blocking, only you are staring down a nasty boss about to kill you if you don’t react fast enough to the bug.

Now, that issue with the writ boards has never been resolved, and it’s been that way since the release of Wrothgar… and that’s why I fear this will be left without a fix too…

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Bill @ZOS_MattFiror please oh please let’s address this.
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's super frustrating when you're tanking and trying to get a no death on a vet dungeon and your block doesn't fire, the same way it always has for the past 8 years, and you get put down with a one-shot.
  • Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Bill @ZOS_Adrikoth @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_ConnorG @ZOS_Kevin we all have been waiting on updates on this issue ever since the update dropped. I got players i have been trying to teach tank avoiding the role now because of this issue.
  • Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno this bug is still in the game and we have been waiting months for a response on when it will be fixed.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm pretty sure the lightning/resto heavy attack hit box bug is now fixed. I just tried to repro and can't.
    PC NA