Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should All Dungeon Hardmodes Have Double Drops

Gederic
Gederic
✭✭✭✭✭
With the introduction of double loot drops on hardmode bosses in the last few dungeon packs, should double loot drops just be added for all hard modes in dungeons?
Ours is the Fury

Should All Dungeon Hardmodes Have Double Drops 56 votes

Yes
66%
GedericFen1xKrayvaanSkayaqAsysDraxysLord_Hevfreddybob951XuhoraRagnarok0130VDoom1code65536FaltasëDojohodaxRichh94meekmikoEl_BorrachoCatagamikarekizAgenericname 37 votes
No
14%
chessalavakia_ESOTommy_The_GunMolydeusNiemandhafgoodWyrd88SilverStreekrauyran 8 votes
Just DLC
14%
aaisoahoRaammzzaaVeryHairyKhajiitcolossalvoidsValgretixthUAFreeMaN_AGorø 8 votes
Other Comment
5%
SedoUmbraBlackbird_VRealLoveBVB 3 votes
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I don't see any negatives to this. Only time I regularly do hard mode is if the dungeon is a pledge. That would incentivize doing hard mode for people farming weapons vs multiple runs. Love it.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    to go along with that i would also like to add monster shoulder drops to normal dungeons

its easier to fill out monster heads than shoulders right now due to the drop curation, and if you only ran on normal you still wouldnt have a complete monster set without either waiting for the gold vendor or running the dungeon on vet yourself
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other Comment
    I don't see a need for double gear drops, since you have your collection full pretty fast. Once motifs released or you grind for the achievements, then your collection is just filling as an side effect.

But I would like to have a chance for double motif drops on hard mode.
    50% chance on vet, 100% chance on vet with hard mode and a additional XX% chance for a 2nd drop.

New dungeon designs are always with 3 hard modes now. So it's a pain if you want to grind motifs. You either have the 50% chance for not playing the hard modes or a 100% chance for a long run with all 3 hard modes.
    to go along with that i would also like to add monster shoulder drops to normal dungeons

This would devalue undaunted keys pretty much. As a new player its a annoying grind, yes. But if you got used to run pledges regularly, then you have your shoulders pretty fast and a huge overload of keys, because you have no need to open more since the stickerbook. They actually need to find more options to spend the keys on-not the opposite.

• Gederic
    Gederic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    You have your body pieces done almost immediately but weapon drops take a fair bit longer which is where this would aid given that only the most recent dungeon dlcs have hms for each boss. For most base game dungeons there really isn't any incentive to do a hardmode without a pledge and for dlc prior to the most recent packs which have double drops honestly it would just be a nice perk to fill out the stickerbook faster if you are willing to do more work. It takes something like 40 runs to get all the weapons and jewelry? Wouldn't be the end of the world to cut that in half with hardmode completes.

As for shoulders dropping...Eh? Yeah that would defeat pretty much the entire purpose of doing pledges and getting keys.
    Edited by Gederic on April 7, 2022 4:22PM
    Ours is the Fury
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    The worst part of the gear grind is getting weapons. The new dungeons that have double drops on the final boss HM are so much easier to farm.

This would be a great reward for doing vet HM. Right now, I see far too many players who are perfectly capable of doing HM dungeons instead run them on normal because they see that as the most efficient way to get gear. This would hopefully put an end to that practice.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

This would devalue undaunted keys pretty much. As a new player its a annoying grind, yes. But if you got used to run pledges regularly, then you have your shoulders pretty fast and a huge overload of keys, because you have no need to open more since the stickerbook. They actually need to find more options to spend the keys on-not the opposite.

thats my point, personally i already see the keys as having virtually no value (i have vast majority of the shoulders unlocked, but im not burning 100 keys to get say the last 2 illambris shoulders im missing because of a bad RNG)

the main value i see in the undaunted keys right now is buying the monster outfit pieces as those are significantly more expensive than the shoulders but have 2 perks:
    • 1 time unlock if you only wanted it for yourself
    • are tradeable if you wanted to make extra gold

i just wish those werent as expensive (25-50 keys for 1 single outfit page is a lot), and this is more noticeable during the undaunted event when they have half a dozen of these for sale (total value 300+ keys) which is further reason i would not want to waste any on uncurated RNG coffers
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, why not.

Dungeon HMs, especially DLC ones, can be quite a challenge. So why not spice things up and give us some extra rewards.

If one finishes a difficult HM they should get something worth while for their effort. Especially if they need something from that dungeon.
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • SedoUmbra
    SedoUmbra
    ✭✭✭
    Other Comment
    I like this idea. Really isn't enough of an incentive to do HM and I'd like seeing some extra reward to it. Not sold on double drops specifically (although I'm not particularly opposed to it) but some reward would be nice.
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    There needs to be extra reward for doing HM and double drops on last boss would be fitting.
    No to monster shoulders on normal but the drops from keys should be curated.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    This sort of falls in line with why I came to this forum section in the first place- we need more incentives for people to do vet dlc dungeons, because so few ppl actually do them.

The vast majority of people will either farm gear on normal, or go for a couple vet runs to get a helm or two, and then they’re done. It makes it really tough for people like me, who actually enjoy dungeons, to find groups for this content.

Ideas for changes: maybe make a motif drop guaranteed for vet. Maybe add a gold weapon or jewel piece from vet HM, or double drops like OP suggested. Maybe add some other type of useful resource, like alchemy mats or furnishing plans that correspond to the dungeon.

I really just think the dungeon population needs to be revitalized, and I don’t think it would be super difficult.
    Edited by Draxys on June 13, 2022 8:44PM

rip decibel