The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.2 is available.

PTS Update 34 - Bug Reports for Tales of Tribute

• Monthar
    Monthar
    Soul Shriven
    Today ToT froze twice when the NPC opponent was ending their turn. All I could do was close the game and restart.
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been noticing the NPC lockup issue as well. It appears to happen at the end of their turn when they first play an agent card.
    Options
  • rnklippel
    rnklippel
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like the NPC doesn't end their turn when they put an agent down. I had to choose Esc > Concede Match and then start again.

It also seems like the AI got less intelligent. Last week, NPC would often grow in prestige throughout the match, but now there were several matches where they didn't move out of 0 because of poor card choices.
    Options
  • Khressandra
    Khressandra
    ✭✭
    Monthar wrote: »
    Today ToT froze twice when the NPC opponent was ending their turn. All I could do was close the game and restart.

yeah, this was disappointing:

rmmeor3qb2dk.png
    Options
  • Khressandra
    Khressandra
    ✭✭
    rg6v44p5svdw.png

Neutral can't be right. The opponent never has power when it's your turn, so you can't make them pay power, and therefore this patron can't be collected by either player.
    Options
  • doesurmindglow
    doesurmindglow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bug where matches against AI freeze up and the NPC never ends their turn seems to have become more common with the recent patch. Seems to now occur every second match or so, and it's not clear at all how to prevent or avoid it.

Additionally, I've noticed several other bugs:
    • Hunding cards will often display as Psijic cards, and "Mainland Inquiries" will be placed into your starter deck even when the Psijic patron is not selected by either the player or the NPC at the start of the match.
    • When this happens, Hunding sometimes cannot be interacted with at all, though this seems to be less the case than with prior to today's patch.
    • There doesn't appear to be a neutral stance for the Hunding patron after the beginning anymore; maybe this is intended I can't tell. Most patrons it takes two turns to gain their favor from favoring your opponent, where they can become neutral the first turn and favoring you the second, provided you don't play a card or combo that allows a second interaction in the same turn or have your opponent seek to regain their favor on their intervening turn. But Hunding goes straight from favoring your opponent to favoring you and vice versa with one interaction. I could see why this makes some sense as an exceptional mechanic but it's not entirely clear from the tooltip if it's intended or not.
    • NPC players still have dialogue insisting you rank up before challenging them, even though you are ranked up and can play with them. NPCs you rank beyond (ie. a "Novice" player after you've become an Expert level) still claim to want you to rank up to play them. Basically if there is any additional dialogue dependent on your rank (ie. "you rank too high to play me now" or, alternatively, "we're the same rank, let's play"), it is not firing at present.
    • Some cards don't appear to be activating their combos. I can't tell if this is a bug in how their tooltips are labeled (ie. a combo that requires three cards is still labeled as requiring two) but after a couple tests it's clear sometimes at least the labeled combo doesn't always work.

Not bugs necessarily, but something that might be worth changing:

The locations of NPC challenge "stations" are not marked on maps. I'm sure an addon can make this happen when we get to live but it would be nice if taverns/tents/whatever where you can challenge NPCs to games in various towns was somehow indicated on the overland map for those towns.

Often cards that with choices or play effects that cannot be completed because of the board situation won't have anything to indicate that you'd essentially be wasting an action by playing them. An example is a card that offers the choice of gaining x power or acquiring a card from the tavern with a value of up to x, but is played when the current tavern values all exceed x; you can still choose the acquire option and essentially just waste the card as a result. This doesn't bother me too much as I suppose learning when you can't do a certain action (and might be better off making another choice) is a legit part of developing your strategic skill at the game, but I do anticipate the finality of these actions to bother some players if there remains no indication or way to back out of the choice and check the situation before playing the card.
    Edited by doesurmindglow on April 26, 2022 5:11AM
    Guildmaster : The Wild Hunt (formerly Aka Baka) : AD PC/NA
    Options
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Hunding card "Hira's End" gives a choice between 4 power and returning 4 cards to the draw pile, but if the latter is chosen it will only let you move 3 cards max.
    Options
  • Haarkan
    Haarkan
    ✭✭
    So far 3/3 rounds have frozen against AI opponent when they use a Rahjin agent.
    Options
  • xgoku1
    xgoku1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Card game AI freezing needs to be hotfixed ASAP. Can't be bothered testing this system till they fix it, waste of time if we're unable to complete matches.
    Options
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I BELIEVE each Founder has prerequisites that need to be met before you can play them.

I'm pretty sure based on what she says that The Author's requirement is that you
    beat the other four Founders.
    Nhorhim's seems to be that you need to
    "assemble a grander [card] collection", but that apparently means more than just the four starter decks and the Ansei / Rajhin / Red Eagle decks. It can't include the Orgnum deck, since those deck fragments are given out for beating each Founder and you'd have a chicken-or-the-egg situation. Maybe we need all card upgrades as well?
    Linyia says
    '"I've not heard of you before; gain some more experience and we'll play when you have something to teach me" - though granted, even with my Tribute level maxed out at master, I still can't play her, so not sure what other experience she's talking about.

Fillia says
    "Hone your craft; challenge others and improve. When you reach the summit, return to me." So maybe you have to win in a ranked tournament? Or be the top ranked player?

Murzaga says she's
    "tired of bleeding novices dry" and to "come back when you've got a title under your belt." Not sure if this means winning once of the NPC tournies or a PvP tourney or using a Tribute character title or what, but nothing I've tried (that I CAN try, since PvP's literally off the table right now) has worked.

ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
    Options
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »
    I BELIEVE each Founder has prerequisites that need to be met before you can play them.

I'm pretty sure based on what she says that The Author's requirement is that you
    beat the other four Founders.
    Nhorhim's seems to be that you need to
    "assemble a grander [card] collection", but that apparently means more than just the four starter decks and the Ansei / Rajhin / Red Eagle decks. It can't include the Orgnum deck, since those deck fragments are given out for beating each Founder and you'd have a chicken-or-the-egg situation. Maybe we need all card upgrades as well?
    Linyia says
    '"I've not heard of you before; gain some more experience and we'll play when you have something to teach me" - though granted, even with my Tribute level maxed out at master, I still can't play her, so not sure what other experience she's talking about.

Fillia says
    "Hone your craft; challenge others and improve. When you reach the summit, return to me." So maybe you have to win in a ranked tournament? Or be the top ranked player?

Murzaga says she's
    "tired of bleeding novices dry" and to "come back when you've got a title under your belt." Not sure if this means winning once of the NPC tournies or a PvP tourney or using a Tribute character title or what, but nothing I've tried (that I CAN try, since PvP's literally off the table right now) has worked.

Interesting.
    But when you take the other diolog option of "lets play", it goes to diolog of "you win" like it's bugged?
    @ZOS_Kevin , is there any way you can clarify how founders work? Please?
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
    Options
  • Glacku808
    Glacku808
    ✭✭✭
    Still stuck on Of Knights and Knaves - have to talk to Lady Arabelle before going to the Chapel on a rescue mission - yet the conversation is on a loop and I cannot advance.
    Options
  • Hargam
    Hargam
    ✭✭
    Monthar wrote: »

Yeah, the same. 3 times in a row during the quest with tournament.
    Options
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today's patch introduced a bug that makes Tales of Tribute virtually impossible to play against NPCs.

There is an infinite loop in the AI that causes the NPC to stop playing during their turn, making it impossible to finish the game.

It appears to be occuring just after the NPC has played an Agent card.

This is occuring on NPCs of different levels, including Beginner and Expert.

Ref: Bug report # 220425-004882

There IS a way out of this: Click the triangle in the lower left corner of the screen to open the chat window, where you can type /reloadui or /logout
    Event Tracker addon (PC NA/EU)
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
    Options
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I use a controller, and either me or the opponent NPC will randomly freeze mid-turn. I have to concede in order to leave. Other times I cannot use the patron coins while they glow, but I can use the cards in hand and the tavern cards. Don't know if this affects keyboard users.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
    Options
  • lisaallman
    the grandmaster delmene hlaalu patron still doesn't display any details for me while in a game. this is happening when it is not my deck of choice. i still get the patron highlighted and I've purposely clicked it and it appears to work but it is not showing me the favored/neutral/unfavored details like the other patrons show
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if it was mentioned earlier, but the Hlaalu patron will occasionally allow you to sacrifice cards with zero cost, which allows for deck extra deck thinning.
    Options
  • lisaallman
    TholosTB wrote: »
    3 freezes in 4 NPC games today, always as soon as an NPC agent goes in play. Complete freeze of the UI including the timer.
    Was dealt 2 starter cards from Celarus deck and none from Hunding - patrons were Celarus, Crows, Pelin, Hunding.

this has happened to be too since the update - the only games I've been able to successfully complete without it freezing have been games when an NPC agent is NOT in play. It locks up every time if the NPC plays an agent
    Options
  • Hargam
    Hargam
    ✭✭
    I've been noticing the NPC lockup issue as well. It appears to happen at the end of their turn when they first play an agent card.

Can confirm that. Had the same issue
    Options
  • lisaallman
    the sorcerer-king orgnum is favoring me and the stats say that if i pay 3 gold i will gain 4 power. however, i only gained 2. i did receive the moramer boarding party
    Options
  • The3sFinest
    The3sFinest
    ✭✭✭✭
    Made it through a match 47-0, NPC gets mad and decides not to play, I have to concede. 2nd match 11-0 same thing. Hotfix this please. There is no way we can playtest against NPCs the rest of the week if this keeps happening.
    Options
  • Erorah
    Erorah
    ✭✭✭
    During my first two games upstairs with Novices, both had started their turns, and I do believe that both had placed a card beneath the Tavern in the center... if this is an Agent? I would not know. However, both games were unplayable then.
    Neither the NPC did anything else, nor could I do anything, but ESC, select Concede.
    Both times I was winning [I think, not knowing what winning actually means] - 1 game I had 25-4 prestige and the second was 20-0...
    These are the culprits...
    kjkuh8ivyk8q.png
    Editor: UESP.net > HOUSING! 📔 https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Furnishings
    Options
  • Ekzorka
    Ekzorka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bug where matches against AI freeze up and the NPC never ends their turn seems to have become more common with the recent patch. Seems to now occur every second match or so, and it's not clear at all how to prevent or avoid it.
    I noticed, that this happens every time when NPC using Agent card.
    Options
  • Synaryn
    Synaryn
    ✭✭✭
    The game is bugging out with Rajhin card combos that force the opponent to discard cards. Having to discard one card works fine but anything more and the game just hangs, can't do anything and forced to concede. Ruined 4 games so far.
    Options
  • AJTC5000
    AJTC5000
    ✭✭✭✭
    To corroborate with a few others in this thread, it doesn't look like card upgrades are being looted and/or applied once they've been found.

Tracked down the Hlaalu Councilor clue in Deshaan - upon interacting with it, the chest disappeared without any sort of alert or prompt. Checked my cards in the collections and the Hlaalu Councilor card is still greyed out, with the Hlaalu Kinsman still showing as being upgradeable.

op58rzhwpw35.png
    nzat1tn3ay1h.png
    4nwvqtcp26m1.png
    • PC/NA - @AJTC5000
      DC - Alena-Draco - Dunmer Magicka Templar

PvE Achievements
      Trials
      • vHRC HM
      • vAA HM
      • vSO HM
      • vMoL HM (Dro-m'Athra Destroyer)
      • vHoF HM (Tick-Tock Tormentor/The Dynamo)
      • vAS HM (Saintly Saviour/Immortal Redeemer)
      • vCR HM
      • vSS HM
      • vRG (Oax HM)
      • vDSR (Reef Guardian HM)

Arenas
      • vMA Flawless
      • vBRP
      • vVA Flawless (Spirit Slayer)

Dungeons
      • vFL HM (Leave No Bone Unbroken)
      • vSCP HM (Mountain God)
      • vMHK HM (Pure Lunacy)
      • vMoS HM (Apex Predator)
      • vFV HM (Relentless Raider)
      • vDoM HM (Depths Defier)
      • vLoM HM (Nature's Wrath)
      • vMGF HM (Defanged the Devourer)
      • vIcereach HM (No Rest for the Wicked/Storm Foe)
      • vUG HM (In Defiance of Death/Bonecaller's Bane)
      • vSG HM
      • vCT HM (Bane of Thorns)
      • vBDV HM (Ardent Bibliophile)
      • vCauldron HM (Subterranean Smasher)
      • vRPB HM (Bastion Breaker/of the Silver Rose)
      • vDC HM (Battlespire's Best/The Dreaded)
      • vCA HM
      • vSR HM
      • vERE HM (Invaders' Bane)
      • vGD HM (Fist of Tava)
      • vSH HM (Magnastylus in the Making/Curator's Champion)
      • vBS HM (Temporal Tempest)
    Options
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin Tales of Tribute is virtually unplayable vs NPCs since Monday's update. (4 of the 5 games I played yesterday failed.)

If NPC AI can't be fixed, please at least put it back the way it was, so we can finish games again! Or give them a time limit on turns - that would also solve the problem.

It appears that an infinite loop is triggered in their AI now when the NPC plays an Agent card, which causes the NPC to never finish their turn - forcing the player to concede the game, force-close ESO from Windows, or (if playing with keyboard) exit via /reloadui, /logout, or alt-F4.

Progression on tournaments and daily quests is too frustrating to attempt. I'm sure a lot of people who are just starting to learn Tribute since the update will be giving up on it.

It's broken now. Please ask the devs to fix it? Thank you!
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
    Options
  • SGT_Courtney
    SGT_Courtney
    ✭✭✭
    Whenever a novice NPC player gets an agent card active they simply stop playing the game and The only option is to concede the match. Only reason I got to the initial quest done was because I won before the NPC was able to get an agent card.
    Edited by SGT_Courtney on April 26, 2022 10:50PM
    Options
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If an opponent has to discard 2 cards or more on their turn, the entire game freezes.
    Options
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whenever a novice NPC player gets an agent card active they simply stop playing the game and The only option is to concede the match. Only reason I got to the initial quest done was because I won before the NPC was able to get an agent card.

Not just novice. The bug applies to all levels of NPCs. The only options are to concede the game, or to exit it by logging out, reloadui, etc.

It's broken.
    Options
  • doesurmindglow
    doesurmindglow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is kinda amazing to me that a feature a lot of people have already criticized as a disappointing and lackluster distraction from badly needed fixes to game-breaking bugs in the game's core systems... is already badly in need of fixes to game-breaking bugs.

Anyways I hope the issues with PVE matches stalling out can and will be resolved before this goes live. It isn't as disappointing or as lackluster a feature as a lot of the community has claimed, provided, of course, that it *works.*
    Guildmaster : The Wild Hunt (formerly Aka Baka) : AD PC/NA
    Options