The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 34 - Bug Reports for Tales of Tribute

• Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm also here to report that the game freezes when the NPC gets an agent.

I'm still trying to figure out the objective or goal of the game, and that's without the benefit of the tutorial which had bugged sound that cut in and out. I'm stubborn and want to try to figure it out without resorting to youtube videos and online guides. While some people love youtube and twitch videos, not every single player in your player base likes to use them, myself included, so please fix the tutorial. I like to learn things for myself, and only read guides when I have to, and almost never watch game play videos. I'm one of the ones that would rather play the game than watch someone else play. I'll test this again when the tutorial is fixed.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • WIZZARD2K
    WIZZARD2K
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like I'm in the matrix... ever fearful of an Agent :p
    In any case, I leveled up, but proficient tribute players talk to me as if I haven't, though I can still play against them.cjbk8hefskwa.png
    Relogging didn't change this behavior, and happened in 3 cities (stonefalls, shadowfen, grahtwood).
    Likely cause is that I was in the middle of a 3-fer daily when I leveled up, and moved on to proficient instead of novice, and there's probably some sort of dialog back in da bay I need to do before everyone starts recognizing me as my current rank, even though I have the title of "regular" already. Will look when I travel back after my 3rd non-agent match.

A separate bug I encountered was that Delmene Hlaalu in a game decided keep his abilities secret from me, though I could still use him, and his ability worked appropriately
    7kjn41kggwe7.png
    n39lzsof9b4n.png
    Also, I realized the game treats these NPCs as "adept tribute players" however their nameplate says "proficient tribute player"
    y0b8b1drn1f9.png
  • WIZZARD2K
    WIZZARD2K
    ✭✭✭
    Well that was short-lived. Went to do my first tournament and the opponent got an agent so the game hung. I guess I'll try again in 2 weeks with the next NA character copy
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Background color on Hunding cards used to be green, like the background on the Hunding Patron.

Now it's blue, exactly the same color as Psijic Lore Master Celarus cards. It's confusing. The only way to tell which "suit" each card is (unless you have them all memorized, which I don't yet) is to hover over each card to see the text on the upper right corner.

The background on the Patron is still green. (As I mentioned before, the favor of this Patron no longer works.)

It didn't work well initially, because whoever got it first often just started a struggle for control over it that involved both players exchanging 2 Power for 1 Gold for it, to keep the other from getting 1 Gold from it every turn for free. (2 Power would give 1 Gold and turn it Neutral if Unfavored; or Favored if Neutral. If Favored, it passively just gave 1 free gold at start of turn.)

For a brief time, it changed so spending 2 Power would give 1 gold and turn it to Favored, which made more sense. It still says this, until it's selected for a game.

But once the game begins now, the Neutral condition says, "Your Opponent pays 2 Power..." instead of "You pay 2 Power..." - so no one can ever get it at all.
    Event Tracker addon (PC NA/EU)
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
  • VeiledCriticism
    VeiledCriticism
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh. Forcing opponent to discard cards with Law of Sovereign Roost's Combo (3) is bugged. Makes you unable to do anything else.
    It happens with some of Rajhin's cards as well.

Some an UI error last time this happened to me.

h5d8qboz5fcu.png

Cards UI will get out of frame sometimes (will take a picture next time it happens)
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just tested Tales of Tribute for this patch revision with a controller and while I can move the cursor with the controller, I cannot select anything. I tried on both the tutorial match and a second match. I also made sure that the controller was enabled and working. It worked everywhere else I tried using it, but not in a match.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll also mention the freeze that happens with some discard effects. My opponent forced me to discard. I chose a card and then the match screen froze up. I couldn't play any cards. I waited to see what would happen and eventually the game forced me to concede. I also can manually concede out of the lock.

Hunding still isn't right. It seems to work fine in some matches with players, but in matches with npc's, the cards all appear to have blue borders. At least the Patron effect (kinda) works when this happens. Instead of the auto generated gold at the start of turn, it requires an activation so it's half fixed. It should be noted that the character I'm testing on does not have the Hunding deck unlocked currently and can only play that deck when an opponent chooses it.

Probably not a bug, but the founders seem to have unique decks. They function as well as you'd hope so it's probably intended for flavor. It makes their matches a bit more interesting. I almost wish I could also use their unique deck versions as well.

The npc's now use a larger variety of patron effects, but seem to favor the crow. They will use it for minimal gains or even inefficient gains, often allowing the player to jump it back and forth with the AI player getting only a few points per use. The AI still doesn't seem to want to use the Treasury though I did see it happen exactly one time.

The AI still massively favors contract cards, even making obviously bad plays, especially on early turns. This may be intentional to make them easier to beat as these sort of "errors" are at least slightly subjective. There seems to be a "pick order" of some kind programmed in. It becomes intuitive over time to figure out exactly what card they will take and you can manipulate it to a certain extent.

Some NPC opponents won't interact with the player to begin a game. I have a fully ranked character, yet only the novice in Western Skyrim will initiate a match. Also, that match didn't count toward the daily that instructed me to play in Western Skyrim. The NPC has the appropriate quest arrow over his head.

Is it intended that the daily send players to DLC areas such as Western Skyrim? This may be intended but typically isn't something that happens often with new systems outside of antiquities.

Not a bug, but perhaps a quality of life issue. Please don't make us run the tutorial on our alts to unlock the queue. Allow a skip option on alts once it's been done on the account.
    Edited by redspecter23 on May 3, 2022 11:33PM
  • xgoku1
    xgoku1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AI Freezing bug from 8.0.1 seems to be fixed.

I ran into some serious FPS drops while inside the taverns at Shornhelm and Daggerfall, down to 22-24 fps from 60 outside.

The AI (Novice at least) seems to focus too much on flipping the Duke of Crows patron back, it's kind of exploitable. Not sure if the Novice AI is supposed to be dumb that way - but even if you have 1 coin you can flip the Duke of Crows after buying from the tavern, and AI seemed to always focus on flipping it back, forgoing buying the cards in the tavern.

Also I am noticing more "mistakes" being made by the AI, like Duke of Crows grants Power the more money you spend, but the AI flips it before they play all the cards. Awkward.
  • xgoku1
    xgoku1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vywx319dcklj.png
    1fez5mvo90m0.png

As you can see in these images, the Card's name (eg. Blackfeather Knight) is supposed to have its own box with a light background but it doesn't render sometimes, making it hard to read.
    Edited by xgoku1 on May 4, 2022 3:01PM
  • Synaryn
    Synaryn
    ✭✭✭
    The game is still stalling when forced to discard more than 1 card by Rajhin combos.
  • Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In matches against Expert Level NPCs, the Ansei Frandar Hunding Deck always has the wrong colors, it's using the color set of the Psijic Deck.
    In this match we didn't have the Psijic deck in play, so it wasn't too confusing, but it even happens in matches where both the Ansei and the Psijic deck are in play and that is extremely annoying.

545097647b3e139f9f4b2ee183b6ebfd.jpg
    d2382a1b7d08f95bde43612b9f2621a8.png
    PC | EU

Svea Rochaud | Templar Healer | AD
    Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror - Immortal Redeemer - Tick-Tock-Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - Spirit Slayer
  • WIZZARD2K
    WIZZARD2K
    ✭✭✭
    played 6 npc matches and finally got one to use an agent, and it didn't hang! so fingers crossed!
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WIZZARD2K wrote: »
    played 6 npc matches and finally got one to use an agent, and it didn't hang! so fingers crossed!

The agent issue seems to be solved, but they introduced a new discard issue with causes the game to hang, even in matches with players. I'm hoping that one gets solved with the next patch.
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Achievements:

Nine of them are not getting any credit yet, which makes a lot of others also impossible to achieve.

The 8 achievements required for Tribute Tactician (for using Patron powers 10x in each deck)
    Coin Collector (for using the Treasury Patron power 10x, not included under Tribute Tactician)

Obviously that makes it impossible to achieve Tribute Tactician.

Also, each of those 8 grants a card upgrade, and there is an achievement for each deck for getting all of its 4 cards upgraded, so that's another 8 achievements that are impossible. Plus the ninth, "Card Connoiseur", for getting all 8 of the deck upgrade ones. And "Tribute Master", which requires both Tribute Tactician and Card Connoiseur.

So that's 20 achievements that are still impossible to accomplish, because 9 are broken.
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
  • Sly80
    Sly80
    ✭✭✭
    Small bug: I used Red Eagle cards to discard quite a lot of my deck and when I used the patron to pay 2 power and draw a card, it took the power but did not draw a card. This happened each time I tried in the same game but was okay in other games.

• Sly80
    Sly80
    ✭✭✭
    Sly80 wrote: »
    Small bug: I used Red Eagle cards to discard quite a lot of my deck and when I used the patron to pay 2 power and draw a card, it took the power but did not draw a card. This happened each time I tried in the same game but was okay in other games.

Should have said this was against NPC.
  • Serenez
    Serenez
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't tried this game in a couple weeks and was hopeful that the gamepad issues were resolved. Nope.

I can't even get past the tutorial as I cannot select the very first card the NPC is telling me to pick. I can move my controller all around the table, I can click and click and click on the card and nada. No response.

Going to restart game and see if that helps.
    Edit: Same thing happened. I get stuck on the part where Braghas tells me to claim the card that is highlighted and controller cannot select the card, nor can the mouse.

Hopefully this is resolved in tomorrow's patch. Are other people still having issues with gamepad?
    Edited by Serenez on May 8, 2022 8:43PM
  • Serenez
    Serenez
    ✭✭✭
    Controller/Gamepad will not work with Tales of Tribute

This player that posted in the link below was experiencing the same issue I was having.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/604495/playing-tribute-with-controller-did-not-work-for-me#latest

I do not see any fixes for this in today's pts patch notes. I do hope the Devs see this as it is a game breaking bug for those that use gamepad. Not going to ping anyone as this entire thread, is already in Dev tracker so I am trusting that it will be seen. Please let me know - ping or PM me if you have any questions in relation to this that can help trouble shoot.
  • Punches_Below_Belt
    Punches_Below_Belt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Discards still freezing game, forcing one player to concede in order to escape game.
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Serenez wrote: »
    Controller/Gamepad will not work with Tales of Tribute

This player that posted in the link below was experiencing the same issue I was having.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/604495/playing-tribute-with-controller-did-not-work-for-me#latest

I do not see any fixes for this in today's pts patch notes. I do hope the Devs see this as it is a game breaking bug for those that use gamepad. Not going to ping anyone as this entire thread, is already in Dev tracker so I am trusting that it will be seen. Please let me know - ping or PM me if you have any questions in relation to this that can help trouble shoot.

I played three matches with Gamepad after today's patch and everything worked as expected aside from highlights failing to show in gamepad mode.

But whatever they did seems to have made it playable on gamepad queuing and all.
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • Serenez
    Serenez
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I am in game right now and testing it out. I was able to make it through the tutorial. Going to try to do the daily as that is where I had issues the first week of PTS as I couldn't play more than one game in a row without problems.

Suggestion : - make 'auto play' cards OFF as default. Luckily I had a clue what I was doing but as a brand new person in the tutorial, I can only imagine seeing cards flashing by so fast wondering what the heck just happened. People learn by doing and not having it done for them. I saw someone else mention this somewhere on the forum as well. It is fine to 'highlight' the card, but let people have a chance to get their bearings and click on stuff to see what it is. Then when they understand . if they wish to turn on 'auto play' then that option is there for them - if they know where to get to the toggle .

Also visual labels - and I mean 'words' on the tutorial table will help immensely for those learning how to play. Just for the Braghas part. ie/ These are Patrons, Cooldown pile, etc... Just understand not everyone plays cards and audio isn't enough combined with the highlights. This isn't a bug but would explain why people think this is so complicated. The game isn't .. just the learning process.
  • WIZZARD2K
    WIZZARD2K
    ✭✭✭
    Rank points from matches do not seem to be adding to my rank. I was doing the kiska daily 3, and noticed the bar not moving.
    See match 2/3 screenshot:
    kox0cgw6xbdx.png
    and match 3/3 screenshot:
    xf9vs786jtuz.png
    additionally there does not seem to be any way to check my progress when not in the final screen of a match. I can't find the xp bar anywhere.
  • VeiledCriticism
    VeiledCriticism
    ✭✭✭
    Forcing opponent to discard cards mechanics are still unreliable. There are some instances where the game will freeze due to this.
  • TholosTB
    TholosTB
    There's a condition that may be difficult to replicate, but in one match clicking on "End Turn" consumed my power against NPC opponent's agent even though I didn't click on it. Happened two turns in a row until the agent was gone, did not repeat on the next agent the npc played. Possibly because it was a taunt agent?
  • Punches_Below_Belt
    Punches_Below_Belt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Patrons and cards available from “acquire cards” are not reliably highlighting when eligible
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    TholosTB wrote: »
    There's a condition that may be difficult to replicate, but in one match clicking on "End Turn" consumed my power against NPC opponent's agent even though I didn't click on it. Happened two turns in a row until the agent was gone, did not repeat on the next agent the npc played. Possibly because it was a taunt agent?

I believe that also happened to me once - it was one of the agents that prevents power from being converted to prestige. I had forgotten to spend my power to attack it, so the power would've been completely wasted if this hadn't happened automatically.

In my case, anyway - it really wasn't a bug, but a feature.

There are some "taunt" agents that don't prevent power from being converted to prestige; those shouldn't have any reason to do that. The way "taunt" reads isn't that it forces all power to be used to attack, just that other non-taunt agents can't be attacked while those are still present.

• Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have an issue with this part of the UI. This part really could be improved.

g82o634t1q4v.png

I have one power. I can see ONE of the tavern cards. I can't see any of the rest of the tavern cards, nor my coins, nor can I switch to the screen where I can see information, and the selection is completely opaque - I can't see anything through it.

Maybe I even clicked on this card by mistake and didn't intend to use it yet! It doesn't even give a "cancel" option.

ALL of the Hunding cards that have an "either/or" option are like this. They completely block your view of the playing field.

(I accidentally discovered while taking screenshots for this, that "alt" cancelled playing the card. But that doesn't really solve the problem.)

Please fix this!
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the issue of rank increases being applied when playing NPCs, I hadn't been collecting data previously, but I am now. Since this is an ongoing project, I thought it'd make more sense to post it here than as a /bug in game - I can edit this post to continue to add more data as I gather it.

Informal observations previously, were that it seemed rank increases were being applied as long as the game didn't count toward Kishka's daily quest. On rare occasions, it worked correctly for daily quest games also, but usually it didn't.

I've only been testing daily quest games, since those seem to be the problem ones. I'm hoping that if devs have more data to work with about this problem, they might get more clues to solve it. (And I enjoy playing the games, so it's not a great hardship to scribble down a few numbers.)

Game 1, Stonefalls: +210 - not added (Level 4, 705/3420)
    Game 2, Shadowfen: +210 - not added
    Game 3, Grahtwood: +210 - not added
    Game 1, The Rift: +210 - added (915)
    Game 2, Alik'r, +210 - not added
    Game 3, Blackwood, +30 - not added - I lost this one, so they continued to count for the quest.
    Game 4, Blackwood, +30 - added (945) - very surprised, as the first lost didn't add, but the second did?!
    Game 5, Blackwood, +255 - added, sort of? (975) Huh? Why 255 instead of 210? And it added 30?

Hope this is of some use. I'll continue to update it. The main reason the NPC beat me, was that I started that game when I was really tired, and primarily to get the screenshot in my previous post. Sometimes I just do experiments, too, that are tough to recover from. Lol!
  • phantasmalD
    phantasmalD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got the achievement for Novice before actually earning enough XP for it.
    jpdf6sz1whsb.jpg
    k2qd5h5h4mmn.jpg

Also, I think it's actually impossible to get Novice rank before finishing the tourney quest?! Either that or the final tourney battle doesn't give any XP.

These pictures were taken after the first match in Glenumbra. I only needed 255 more XP, but I haven't earned the Novice rank until I turned the quest in, the +75 xp reward pushing me over, with 10 xp to spare. Two beginner level matches should have been 2x195 = 390 xp, more than enough, so at one point one of the matches gave me 0.

Seems silly, considering that you need the Novice achievement to even begin the tournament quest.
  • Sly80
    Sly80
    ✭✭✭
    The game froze after I was asked to discard 2 cards before taking my turn. I chose 2, changed my mind about one of them and chose another, then submitted those 2. The game returned to play, but was frozen.
    f8xx6lkj8rze.jpg