The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Will Worm Cult Motif be locked as Tickets only now

FeedbackOnly
FeedbackOnly
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
If so isn't this unfair as count counts turns motifs needed for master writs chance ?

Isn't this the same problem hollowjack motif was...?
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Worm cult pages dropped from boxes in previous jubilee events, the pages will be selling relatively cheap on guild traders once passed a few days.

Nvm I did read your title wrong.
    Edited by Lady_Galadhiel on April 4, 2022 5:10PM
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hollowjack ones are still relatively easy to find. Also if we're talking master writ chance, there's a far greater number of styles released every quarter to make up for making one a little harder to get :P
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Given that there are still Worm Cult pages for sale right now, no, it’s not locked behind tickets.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does sound like worm cult won't drop in the boxes anymore though. That's going to drive the price of the pieces through the roof since it will be BoP from now on.
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glad I bought up all my pieces dirt cheap last year then during anniversary event.
  • lunaslide
    lunaslide
    ✭✭✭
    I started last year toward the middle of the anniversary event and didn't know anything about motifs or event dailies. Once I'd begun working on GMC, I've been waiting until this year's event to collect that style, anticipating it would be in the boxes again. But now a few weeks before, it's announced they won't be in the drops any more.

This is one of the few motifs part of the general crafting achievement, and now it's going to be spending every jester ticket I can save and every ticket from the anniversary event just to get something that should have dropped in the normal coffers. And if that isn't enough, spending a lot of gold or crown to get them.

Instead of being excited for either event, I feel the rug has been pulled out from under me and that I've been cheated. Was there something about the 8th anniversary, when things are going *SO WELL* for the game *cough*, that it felt time to cheat newer players out of this base achievement motif? So sick of this FOMO driven crap.
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lunaslide wrote: »
    I started last year toward the middle of the anniversary event and didn't know anything about motifs or event dailies. Once I'd begun working on GMC, I've been waiting until this year's event to collect that style, anticipating it would be in the boxes again. But now a few weeks before, it's announced they won't be in the drops any more.

This is one of the few motifs part of the general crafting achievement, and now it's going to be spending every jester ticket I can save and every ticket from the anniversary event just to get something that should have dropped in the normal coffers. And if that isn't enough, spending a lot of gold or crown to get them.

Instead of being excited for either event, I feel the rug has been pulled out from under me and that I've been cheated. Was there something about the 8th anniversary, when things are going *SO WELL* for the game *cough*, that it felt time to cheat newer players out of this base achievement motif? So sick of this FOMO driven crap.

It's really not that bad. Besides, having an event that rains money on you should give you way more than enough to make up for whatever gold you might spend on them. I made well over 20 million gold last Jubilee event front writs alone.
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's really not that bad. Besides, having an event that rains money on you should give you way more than enough to make up for whatever gold you might spend on them. I made well over 20 million gold last Jubilee event front writs alone.

Still shouldn't be like that. Most people won't make that much gold either.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The hollowjack ones are still relatively easy to find. Also if we're talking master writ chance, there's a far greater number of styles released every quarter to make up for making one a little harder to get :P

Hollowjack was only gone 1 year. It was brought back after people mentioned it was a motif not style page

Motifs count for character achievements and master writs
  • lunaslide
    lunaslide
    ✭✭✭
    How nice for you.

It's a kick in the pants to me, and another example of poor signaling and arbitrary, artificial scarcity to force players to grind. Prices at the moment are over 100k for each page and unlikely to drop much since they'll need to be bought with tickets.

Maybe it's not that bad as you say, but it doesn't change the way I feel going into an event I was looking forward to previously and that I now resent.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How nice for you.

It's a kick in the pants to me, and another example of poor signaling and arbitrary, artificial scarcity to force players to grind. Prices at the moment are over 100k for each page and unlikely to drop much since they'll need to be bought with tickets.

Maybe it's not that bad as you say, but it doesn't change the way I feel going into an event I was looking forward to previously and that I now resent.

Your situation is definitely sad to read about.
    ZOS is trying to hit a balance of having enough new things to keep people participating in the events, while not completely shutting off access to the old stuff, and not doing a terribly good job on this one.
    My short term advice would be to see if you can buy any of the style pages from past years for fairly cheap (most were cheap during their events but that may not be the case any longer). Any you can get for lower gold costs should improve your ability to get the motif pages from the grab bag.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How nice for you.

When purchased with tickets they wont be able to sell them, as all what you buy with tickets is bound.
    If the pages wont drop from boxes this year, the prices of the current still available motifs on the guild traders will skyrock.
    Worm cult pages always dropped from jubilee boxes, I see no point why ZOS decided to change that.
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How nice for you.

When purchased with tickets they wont be able to sell them, as all what you buy with tickets is bound.
    If the pages wont drop from boxes this year, the prices of the current still available motifs on the guild traders will skyrock.
    Worm cult pages always dropped from jubilee boxes, I see no point why ZOS decided to change that.

I am reading the announcement. That's why this was phrase as a question.

I hoping it's not true because it would absolutely unfair for newer players and the ones too come.

Motifs are part of character progress (worm cult and hollowjack). The rest are just for fun
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a kick in the pants to me, and another example of poor signaling and arbitrary, artificial scarcity to force players to grind.

Not to mention boost ticket sales... I hope they'll leave them dropping from boxes because for a new player all the items they have to catch up on during events can be overwhelming.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This strikes me as a terrible idea. And I stand to make a lot of gold off of it, because I've got plenty of these banked. Nonetheless, terrible idea.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    It's a kick in the pants to me, and another example of poor signaling and arbitrary, artificial scarcity to force players to grind.

Not to mention boost ticket sales... I hope they'll leave them dropping from boxes because for a new player all the items they have to catch up on during events can be overwhelming.

*taps nose*
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am hoping that since they have changed this to event tickets as the main way now, that they will STILL drop from the boxes.

Hear me out. When they dropped from the boxes, their odds were FAR, FAR, FAR lower than getting any "other" motif. Well from my experience anyway. Been here for 2 Jubilee's so far and still not got the full set.

So my thinking is this - now since they are classed as "normal" motifs, maybe now, they still drop from the boxes (like most other motifs) AND their drop rates have been adjusted to the same as other said motifs.

Of course I am just speculating and hoping. It would be nice to have some kind of confirmation one way or the other, so I guess I will try and tag some people here. Mind you my luck has never worked the one other time I have done so lol.

@ZOS_Kevin
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

PS, also since they now drop from the Bag of Jubilee Yesteryear - does this mean we will be spammed with these from the bags according to how many alt chars we have OR will they only appear for those alt chars if we are actually on them? Too little info in the announcement regarding this I am sorry.
    Edited by Paulytnz on April 5, 2022 2:06AM
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If so isn't this unfair as count counts turns motifs needed for master writs chance ?

Isn't this the same problem hollowjack motif was...?

I already asked early yesterday for clarification of this in the official thread.
    @ZOS_Kevin

Can you please clarify the news item that states that 'Bag of Jubilee Yesteryear' may contain 'Worm Cult Motif pages'?

Are the worm cult motif pages now only available for tickets from the impressario or are the impressario 'bag of jubilee yesteryear' worm cult motif drops in addition to the usual drops from event boxes as described for the 'Worm cult style master' achievement, which declares those pages as 'occassionally found in anniversary Jubilee boxes'?

As you may be aware, Hollowjack motif pages were removed in previous witches festival drops and placed exclusively in impressario grab bags without considering the implications for the asscociated event achievement.

While the worm cult motif collection achievement itself is not tied to any specific event, it is listed under Crafting-->General achievements and this event is the ONLY time/place this motif can be collected.

To be clear, it would NOT be acceptable for this motif to only be available in the manner described in the event news article, just as it was unnacceptable for the Hollowjack motif to be dumped exclusively into grab bags for the Witches festival.

Thanks.

edit: edits
    Edited by deleted221106-002999 on April 5, 2022 2:17AM
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I checked pts, too, but there's no impressario/anniversary event stuff I can test there.

If it's like hollowjack, then it'll be fubared this year and trapped in grab bags then added back in next year as 'festival writ' or some other gimmick.

Either way it's very odd that they were not aware of this or didn't clarify it immediately, given the outcry when a similar situation occured over Hollowjack and a previous witches festival.

edit: The potential problem is that the anniversary event is the ONLY source for the worm cult motif so making it impressario/ticket only is not really acceptable.
    Edited by deleted221106-002999 on April 5, 2022 2:29AM
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To be clear regarding worm cult motif, they're listed under achievements-->crafting-->general; the description there states (as I've mentioned before):
    ..occasionally found in Anniversary Jubilee Gift Boxes

Which contradicts this years event news page.

Just got to wait for clarification.

edit: typo
    Edited by deleted221106-002999 on April 5, 2022 2:30AM
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To be clear regarding worm cult motif, they're listed under achievements-->crafting-->general; the description there states (as I've mentioned before):
    ..occasionally found in Anniversary Jubilee Gift Boxes

Which contradicts this years event news page.

Just got to wait for clarification.

edit: typo

Yep that's the problem. It's locking out new players.

Motifs are different from style pages
  • RisenEclipse
    RisenEclipse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's going to be more and more things that new players will basically have a hell of a time getting... I don't agree with it personally. Especially items attached to an achievement. But that's the reality of what is happening. New things come in each year, and new players are unable to get ahold of items from previous years. Or at least without tremendous difficulty.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All, we checked in with the team about your question regarding the Worm Cult Motif drops. The Worm Cult Motif pages only come from the grab bags now. We need to update that achievement description. So thank you for catching that. A request has been put in for this.

The choice to rotate Worm Cult to a grab bag is in an effort to better manage the drop table for motifs and give a better chance at obtaining the pages through the usage of excess tickets. That being said, we have passed along your feedback to the appropriate teams to see how this can be addressed for next year's event.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While I understand the attempt to manage the loot table, the sheer volume of style pages makes worm cult motif pages effectively unavailable for players starting more recently, so some rebalancing might be in order. The grab bag approach is ok for people missing a small number of items but fails as those numbers go up.
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Worm Cult motif has been a farce in my opinion. Ever since I opened over 1100 boxes (yes I wrote down the contents of every single one) and did not even as much as smelled a page, I gave up on it. Now this means that if those of us who have alts and like to collect motifs on them all will have to dump an obscene amount of tickets into these bags to get the pages?

Nice. /s
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soooooo - even given we actually HAVE excess tickets, the most we could hope for is, like… 3 pages per YEAR?

S.
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brilliant! This game just keeps on getting better and better every day!
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO's grind is particularly boring and unenjoyable for my taste. With sad drop rates and questionable decisions regarding event loot, I'm more and more inclined to skip everything except story content.

[snip]
    [edited for minor bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 12, 2022 10:06AM
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sarahthes wrote: »
    It does sound like worm cult won't drop in the boxes anymore though. That's going to drive the price of the pieces through the roof since it will be BoP from now on.

This is what happened with the Hollowjack motifs. Once day selling for around 1k then jumped to 30k after the announcement that they would be locked.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so.. if someone new does not already have that achievement, it is now locked effectively behind a paywall? because there is no way they could afford it in a single year even if they used ALL their tickets and didnt get any of the actual event stuff people might want.

This... S.U.C.K.S
    Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)