The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "The Anniversary Jubilee Event"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
doyu50lsrlqo.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for "ESO Turns 8! Enjoy Bonus XP, Unique Rewards and Cake During The Anniversary Jubilee Event"

Grab a slice of cake and join us as we celebrate The Elder Scrolls Online’s eighth birthday with bonuses to XP gains, tons of Event Tickets, and more!
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on April 21, 2022 6:52PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just will say it again Happy Birthday ESO :)
    The new cake furniture looks amazing <3
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are we going to find out which Prince(s) are waiting for Chef Donolon’s cake this year? ;)
    (via an unhealthy amount of cake)

:D
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks to all who made this possible. Happy bday, ESO!

200.gif
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cake! Cake! Cake! Cake! Cake!

Happy Birthday, ESO
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ship cake looks great! <3
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do hope that PC EU server will be up & running by the 7th of April... will it ?

(Cold Storage drama intensifies) :o
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on April 4, 2022 5:44PM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assumes the dailies is all dailies including Cyrodil town quest and prologue dailies.
    And remember to pick up the crafting dailies on all alts the 6th but do not hand them in, do that the 7 after the even starts, then do the crafting dailies for the 7th. You can also store up other dailies for this.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one and her family of 17 more crafters will be so very needing of cake!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to the event! And agreed, the cake looks amazing!

I know many of us appreciate ZOS finally putting all the old outfit style pages into the grab bags. It does mean that it will be harder for new players to obtain everything, though I imagine there will still be a lot for sale from those who had the storage capacity to store extra copies to sell later (though I expect prices to be outrageous and potentially out of reach for new players).

I do have a question about the new outfit style. While I appreciate that they don't want there to be a glut of these by the end of the event, it's unclear as to whether the spider pot pet fragments only drop after you've obtained a copy of the new style page for the day, or if you can potentially get several before getting a style page, after which all you can get for the rest of that day (as far as new event items go) is more of the pet fragments. It would seem to me, then that there will be a glut of the pet fragments before the end of the event.
  • Eric_Prince
    Eric_Prince
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay! It's great to see my favorite game getting better and better. At least for me it is.

At the risk of looking a bit ungrateful... Can we please also receive a little tiny bit of free ESO Plus as well? ^^
    Pretty please, it's been so many months since last time!
    To be the Chosen One really sounds like lots of fun,
    But in the end you'll just be someone's lunch
    (c)
  • kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happy birthday to everyone who works so hard on this fantastic game.

I started playing eso in 2016 because I became ill and bedbound.
    The game instantly captured me the stories the graphics everything you can do and on top of that I met the nicest people.
    This game literally saved my life because I became very depressed. I was 29 when I became bedbound and I can only on good days get up or force myself in a wheelchair.

I love the stories and have done them several times and still can't get enough. Every new chapter is a treat and I am like a child waiting for christmas when it comes out.

Up to the many years to come hopefully the dreams of the players and gamemakers will come true.
    Keep going guys <3

• deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

Can you please clarify the news item that states that 'Bag of Jubilee Yesteryear' may contain 'Worm Cult Motif pages'?

Are the worm cult motif pages now only available for tickets from the impressario or are the impressario 'bag of jubilee yesteryear' worm cult motif drops in addition to the usual drops from event boxes as described for the 'Worm cult style master' achievement, which declares those pages as 'occassionally found in anniversary Jubilee boxes'?

As you may be aware, Hollowjack motif pages were removed in previous witches festival drops and placed exclusively in impressario grab bags without considering the implications for the asscociated event achievement.

While the worm cult motif collection achievement itself is not tied to any specific event, it is listed under Crafting-->General achievements and this event is the ONLY time/place this motif can be collected.

To be clear, it would NOT be acceptable for this motif to only be available in the manner described in the event news article, just as it was unnacceptable for the Hollowjack motif to be dumped exclusively into grab bags for the Witches festival.

Thanks.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_Kevin

Can you please clarify the news item that states that 'Bag of Jubilee Yesteryear' may contain 'Worm Cult Motif pages'?

Are the worm cult motif pages now only available for tickets from the impressario or are the impressario 'bag of jubilee yesteryear' worm cult motif drops in addition to the usual drops from event boxes as described for the 'Worm cult style master' achievement, which declares those pages as 'occassionally found in anniversary Jubilee boxes'?

I'll follow up on this with the team and get an answer.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The list of daily quests is stated as:
    • Daily crafting writs
    • Daily Delve and World Boss quests
    • Daily Alliance War and Battlegrounds quests
    • Daily Dungeon and Trial quests
    • Daily Heist and Sacrament quests

Is that complete? I'm thinking in particular of:
    • Crow quests in Clockwork City (I think these counted in previous years).
    • Daily repeatable quests in Craglorn (ditto).
    • Bolgrul quests (ditto).

Also, it sounds as if pledges count, which I don't recall being the case in past years. Will they count this time?
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on April 4, 2022 9:38PM
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @FrancisCrawford I don't think the given list is exhaustive - the wording uses 'include' to describe some dailies:
    ...When you complete any of ESO’s many daily quests during the event period, you’ll receive special Anniversary Jubilee Gift Boxes as additional rewards. These daily quests include: ...

I'd expect it to include the usual suspects like the ones you mentioned but it would be nice if pledge dailies were included, too.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! WHAT a CAKE!! Again, Happy Birthday ESO <3
  • Malprave
    Malprave
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happy birthday ESO! Here since beta and still enjoying the game!
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin and others:

Do you know if we'll be able to double up on tickets this Thursday when Jesters ends and Anniversary starts and get 6 tickets on Thursday? I know you've done this transition from one right into the other previously but can't remember if daily tickets renewed when Anniversary starts.
  • Onigar
    Onigar
    ✭✭✭
    Year 8, wow, oh, Hmm, that means I have been playing ESO for 7.5 years...

Guess I am still here for a reason, I have tried other MMOs in that time but they were just not what I wanted.

ESO has so much content and so much scope it satisfies my gaming needs.

Two things I would like to look forward to in year 9,

Training Dummies:
    When you find one part completed then at the moment you need complete it to do your test.
    If you mess up your test then you need complete it (again maybe) to have a fresh start.
    Please: Add a new Memento such as a "Life Gem" that will top up a training dummy life.
    This could be unlocked after completing the Max training Dummy damage achieve.

Addons:
    Many people now have a lot of addons and this does have an impact on gameplay which normally seems to generate ZOS comments from players rather than addon comments.
    From a player point of view there is no real way to know the impact of specific addons on gameplay.
    There is of course an addon to allow pre-selection of addon groups for different gaming activities and this does help.
    I would like to see some Base Game option where you can view the impact of enabled addons on gameplay so you can better decide if something should be disabled based on game activity.
    As computers become more powerful then the interest in managing resource hogs reduces, basically because they become less significant.
    ZOS, you are putting all this work and effort into improving the server (back-end) component of the game, don't forget the front end needs attention too :)

Thanks.
    PC EU
    Addon Author:
    Currency Manager: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1998
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daily writs are the best for this time wise. They take only a few minutes minutes per character if you are in a city that has a turn in area close to the crafting stations.

There are seven (7) Daily Writs that's Seven (7) Anniversary Jubilee Gift Boxes per character .

If you have all of the nine (9) default character slots filled, doing all the daily writs that's a total of sixty three (63) Anniversary Jubilee Gift Boxes.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Daily crafting writs

Also, it sounds as if pledges count, which I don't recall being the case in past years. Will they count this time?

A pledge is a daily dungeon, is it not?

1. in this category I'd also add a quest in Murkmire and one in Markarth that become available after finishing the main quests in each place and the prologue quests for Murkmire and Elsweyr (which, if memory serves, did count in the past).
    2. Craglorn has both repeatable (i.e. daily) delves and trial quests (weekly). I wonder about Spellscar*, though.
    3. Bolgrul quests are delve dailies. Mages' guild are public dungeons one (not sure if these count)

* There are also "open world" dailies, like Harrowstorms and Dolmens, which I'm not sure how to categorize.
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin and others:

...I know you've done this transition from one right into the other previously but can't remember if daily tickets renewed when Anniversary starts.

It did work like that in the past.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @BergisMacBride, I believe you can do that. However, we'll clarify and get an answer before the event starts tomorrow. Working on getting a few answers, so we'll add that to the list.
    Staff Post
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Happy Birthday to ESO
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »
    • Daily crafting writs

A pledge is a daily dungeon, is it not?

1. in this category I'd also add a quest in Murkmire and one in Markarth that become available after finishing the main quests in each place and the prologue quests for Murkmire and Elsweyr (which, if memory serves, did count in the past).
    2. Craglorn has both repeatable (i.e. daily) delves and trial quests (weekly). I wonder about Spellscar*, though.
    3. Bolgrul quests are delve dailies. Mages' guild are public dungeons one (not sure if these count)

* There are also "open world" dailies, like Harrowstorms and Dolmens, which I'm not sure how to categorize.

You could add Fighter's Guild and Mage's Guild dailies as well.

And not all Craglorn dailies are delve/WB ones at all.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @BergisMacBride, we confirmed that getting that doubling up on tickets is possible for Thursday. You are good to go!

@Comrade_Ogilvy we checked in with the team about your question. The Worm Cult Motif pages only come from the grab bags now. We need to update that achievement description. So thank you for catching that. A request has been put in for this.

The choice to rotate Worm Cult to a grab bag is in an effort to better manage the drop table for motifs and give a better chance at obtaining the pages through the usage of excess tickets. That being said, we have passed along your feedback to the appropriate teams to see how this can be addressed for next year's event.
    Staff Post
  • Bokila
    Bokila
    ✭✭✭
    Are we gonna get the same old Sai Sahan outfit or will it be the one from Elsweyr expansion? Afaik the one from Elsweyr is unobtainable..
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bokila wrote: »
    Are we gonna get the same old Sai Sahan outfit or will it be the one from Elsweyr expansion? Afaik the one from Elsweyr is unobtainable..

It's still the same original pages, the updated Abnur Tharn (Elsweyr), Lyris Titanborn (Greymoor) and Sai Sahan (Dragonhold) style pages were never made available.
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    @BergisMacBride, we confirmed that getting that doubling up on tickets is possible for Thursday. You are good to go!

@Comrade_Ogilvy we checked in with the team about your question. The Worm Cult Motif pages only come from the grab bags now. We need to update that achievement description. So thank you for catching that. A request has been put in for this.

The choice to rotate Worm Cult to a grab bag is in an effort to better manage the drop table for motifs and give a better chance at obtaining the pages through the usage of excess tickets. That being said, we have passed along your feedback to the appropriate teams to see how this can be addressed for next year's event.

14 tickets wasted at Bag of Jubilee Yesteryear AND NOT A SINGLE MOTIF PAGE-only style pages no1 cares for

great work zos,as always
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you log in at Chef Cakeman and find you have an almost identical twin ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

51988565728_f1922abee4_c.jpg
    Santie and Twin
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/