The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Will Worm Cult Motif be locked as Tickets only now

• RisenEclipse
    RisenEclipse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sarahthes wrote: »
    It does sound like worm cult won't drop in the boxes anymore though. That's going to drive the price of the pieces through the roof since it will be BoP from now on.

This is what happened with the Hollowjack motifs. Once day selling for around 1k then jumped to 30k after the announcement that they would be locked.

Hollowjack was never locked like this. You could still get them from doing Witches Festival Writs. Which contained a witchly gift that held a guaranteed Hollowjack motifs. I had so many hollowjack motifs by the end of it, I was giving them out to people that didn't have any. In fact the price really hasn't gone up for Hollowjack. The TTC price is still 3K - 4K for chests.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sarahthes wrote: »
    It does sound like worm cult won't drop in the boxes anymore though. That's going to drive the price of the pieces through the roof since it will be BoP from now on.

This is what happened with the Hollowjack motifs. Once day selling for around 1k then jumped to 30k after the announcement that they would be locked.

Hollowjack was never locked like this. You could still get them from doing Witches Festival Writs. Which contained a witchly gift that held a guaranteed Hollowjack motifs. I had so many hollowjack motifs by the end of it, I was giving them out to people that didn't have any. In fact the price really hasn't gone up for Hollowjack. The TTC price is still 3K - 4K for chests.

i think it was the 2020 witches festival where they removed hollowjack motif entirely from the drop pool and only allowed to get them from the grab bags, because of the huge amount of complaints about this, for the 2021 festival they were added as a drop from the witches festival writs

(why they didnt see the same response in relation to the worm cult motif, i have no idea lol, i forsee the worm cult returning for the next event though)
    Edited by Necrotech_Master on April 6, 2022 6:24PM
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Tra_Lalan
    Tra_Lalan
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

The choice to rotate Worm Cult to a grab bag is in an effort to better manage the drop table for motifs and give a better chance at obtaining the pages through the usage of excess tickets.

Thanks for clearing this out Kevin. It's good that someone anwsers our questions.

As for the decision to move the motif to grab bags - it is just bad. It makes the Worm Cult motif/and its achievement simply unobtainable for new players. (no drop chance=no pages in guild stores)

Are the new players worse than old players? Why is ZOS treating them this way? I get that they shouldnt be able to buy previous birthday cakes, beta monkeys and other stuff that was "available only back then" but this is different, this is an in game achievment and a motif that shows up in their outfit station as something incompleted. So they should be able to get them just by playing the game.
  • demonology89
    demonology89
    ✭✭✭
    What a terrible decision...
  • lunaslide
    lunaslide
    ✭✭✭
    Hi All, we checked in with the team about your question regarding the Worm Cult Motif drops. The Worm Cult Motif pages only come from the grab bags now. We need to update that achievement description. So thank you for catching that. A request has been put in for this.

The choice to rotate Worm Cult to a grab bag is in an effort to better manage the drop table for motifs and give a better chance at obtaining the pages through the usage of excess tickets. That being said, we have passed along your feedback to the appropriate teams to see how this can be addressed for next year's event.

I've only been playing since March of last year, when this event was going on and I didn't know anything about events or motifs yet. But by the sound of it, I shouldn't have expected to get a drop anyway. I'm heavily into crafting in any game I play and have been working toward the achievements in that tree from the beginning. I've been looking forward to this event because that is one of the final motifs I need for the 12 listed under Crafting -> General.

Now, as Zyva mentioned above, this base game achievement is locked behind a paywall if I want to finish it sooner than the next several YEARS. Well, I won't be here for it next year. I can't take back the rest of my yearly ESO+ subscription, but I turned off auto renew as soon as I saw this answer. It's not the only thing behind my decision, but it's the final one. Even with the deeply unsatisfactory communication and reckless changes being made to the game in spite of voluminous feedback warning of the consequences, I was foolish enough to pre-order High Isle on XBox which isn't giving me the option to cancel (if this is possible, someone let me know). I won't make the same mistake again.

ZoS, you're pulling the rug out from people constantly, the hollow promises of performance improvement, the abysmal failure to set expectations (a fundamental component of successful customer service), and the pathetic lack of communication and response to PTS feedback (people doing FREE bug testing for you!), are driving people away from this great game.

Shipwright's Regret seems an appropriate name, because you've got to right your ship, which is listing badly and half under water.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tra_Lalan wrote: »
    As for the decision to move the motif to grab bags - it is just bad. It makes the Worm Cult motif/and its achievement simply unobtainable for new players. (no drop chance=no pages in guild stores)

It doesn't make it unobtainable per se, it makes it pay-to-obtain, since tickets are sold in stores... I don't know what they mean 'by managing table of drops' since they can influence these however they like. This decision only makes sense from a marketing point of view, and there would be better ways to spend extra tickets (like more furnishings in the Impressario, etc).
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the event planners even consider newer players, between this, and the unobtainable sow from the jesters event, I'm starting to feel somewhat resentful, and apt to play less
  • RisenEclipse
    RisenEclipse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blinx wrote: »
    Do the event planners even consider newer players, between this, and the unobtainable sow from the jesters event, I'm starting to feel somewhat resentful, and apt to play less

I mean has this game EVER been new player friendly? Look at the mess they have to go through just trying to figure out where to even start the game. This game is the absolute worst when it comes to being easy on new players... I suppose earnable rewards are no different now...
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But...
    Didn't it drop, even if very rarely, from certain non-event base-game content?
    Why stop that?

If you folks are having trouble managing the drop table for motifs, maybe stop flooding the game with quite so many?
    (cut back on the number of new ones.)
    Or perhaps get rid of ones that are less popular than something like Worm Cult?
    (survey the community to get an idea of what isn't so popular.)
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • FluffWit
      FluffWit
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Hi All, we checked in with the team about your question regarding the Worm Cult Motif drops. The Worm Cult Motif pages only come from the grab bags now. We need to update that achievement description. So thank you for catching that. A request has been put in for this.

The choice to rotate Worm Cult to a grab bag is in an effort to better manage the drop table for motifs and give a better chance at obtaining the pages through the usage of excess tickets. That being said, we have passed along your feedback to the appropriate teams to see how this can be addressed for next year's event.

My feedback...
      -I don't think you should sell the grab bags for tickets. Sell them for gold- 5-10k a pop. Its newbs who need this older content and they don't wanna burn their tickets on them. At least make it gold or tickets.
      -I appreciate you doing something here but it wasn't the Worm cult motif people were complaining about. It was the older style pages we ended up getting way too many off. The motif still sells well.... with this change it'll become crazy expensive.
      -you should probably remove Worm Cult from the potential requests for master writs until next year. It's pretty much unattainable for new people now.
    • FeedbackOnly
      FeedbackOnly
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      @ZOS_Kevin Please let them know it will hinder progression to new players.

Some suggestion

How about cake eating contest quest

World boss cake monster that gives sweats. It would be like a pinatas which goes with theme
    • FeedbackOnly
      FeedbackOnly
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I checked pts, too, but there's no impressario/anniversary event stuff I can test there.

If it's like hollowjack, then it'll be fubared this year and trapped in grab bags then added back in next year as 'festival writ' or some other gimmick.

Either way it's very odd that they were not aware of this or didn't clarify it immediately, given the outcry when a similar situation occured over Hollowjack and a previous witches festival.

edit: The potential problem is that the anniversary event is the ONLY source for the worm cult motif so making it impressario/ticket only is not really acceptable.

I think they forgot there's a difference between style pages and motifs
    • Ezhh
      Ezhh
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Just to give some numbers, I opened 1638 boxes last year and recorded the contents of them all. I got only four Worm Cult pages:
      Box 144: Chests
      Box 530: Boots
      Box 892: Daggers
      Box 1543: Legs

Removing them from boxes doesn't seem to make a difference to the overall chances of getting other things, but will certainly make them more difficult to obtain for those who have other things they want to focus on buying with event tickets, simply because the supply from traders won't be there.

Moving the old style pages into a grab bag was a good call, but not the motifs. They've maintained their value compared to other rare motifs so any move that makes them even harder to obtain through the year is just bad.
      Edited by Ezhh on April 7, 2022 8:08AM
    • OutLaw_Nynx
      OutLaw_Nynx
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      This is so ridiculous. Let it drop in the coffers.
    • WhiteCoatSyndrome
      WhiteCoatSyndrome
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Ezhh wrote: »
      Moving the old style pages into a grab bag was a good call, but not the motifs. They've maintained their value compared to other rare motifs so any move that makes them even harder to obtain through the year is just bad.

Seconded. With Motifs if I find myself with a load of extras and they aren’t worth anything, I can always teach them to my alts, and so can everyone else, so the supply can be much higher without making them useless/worthless. Style pages are once per account.
      #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
      A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
    • James-Wayne
      James-Wayne
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Why cant they add Event Motifis to a event NPC to purchase the pages like they do with the Writ NPC (only that is two motifis but it works)?

Everyone says PvP is lacking but I feel crafting has really gone backwards over the year, you either got expensive furniture because mats are hard to come by and/or craft cost is huge OR you have a ton of moitifs that are just unobtainable and/or craftable gear is just useful for levelling and thats it.

I'm hoping there is something in the pipeline to fix all these crafting issues.
      PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
      James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
      529 people have also earned this badge.
    • JoeCapricorn
      JoeCapricorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Putting Worm Cult motif behind Event Tickets is really awful.

Shame on you!
      I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn