The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Results of Account-Wide Achievements Testing on Live - NPC Interactions

Ilsabet
Ilsabet
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
With the ongoing discussion and concerns about the effects of account-wide achievements on player character identity and questing experience, I figured I'd bring a little more visibility to the results of the testing I did in this thread. My general conclusion is that things aren't that bad, and while I wasn't able to get conclusive results on things like ambient NPC comments and achievement-related random encounters, quest-related NPC interactions seem to be properly character-specific.

The main point of concern is the potential for NPCs to react to achievements that have been inherited from other character(s) rather than only addressing things an individual character has done themselves - for example, Character A earned an achievement for defeating Evil Wizard Macguffin, and Character B is hailed as Macguffin's Bane even though they never met the guy. My testing involved taking relatively inexperienced alts around and talking to NPCs whose dialogue may include references to earlier quests or interactions. Since my main character has earned lots and lots of achievements that have subsequently been inherited by my alts, it was easy to see whether or not the NPCs would react to those inherited achievements that the alts had nothing to do with.

All testing done on live; PC/NA except where noted. Screencaps and discussion found here, here, here, here, here, and here. Testing not done by me personally is reported with a link to the original tester's post.

Conclusively found to be working improperly:
  • Undaunted ghost in the Hollow City tavern addresses level 31 alt as Undaunted who has completed Vaults of Madness, even though she has not unlocked the Undaunted skill line and has not completed Vaults of Madness.
  • Alts are not able to eat mammoth cheese at giant camps in Western Skyrim after the "Giant Cheese Connoisseur" achievement is obtained.
  • As reported here, character who has never been Emperor/Empress can claim to have been such in White-Gold Tower.
  • As reported here, the NPC involved in a post-quest conversation after the Dark Heart of Skyrim epilogue does not appear for alts after the "Taking up the Mantle" achievement is obtained.
  • As reported here, the NPC involved in a post-quest conversation after the Season of the Dragon epilogue does not appear for alts after the "A Hero's Song" achievement is obtained.
  • As reported here, Melina Cassel may appear in the Reach after the "A Friend in Deed" achievement is obtained, but her conversations cannot be repeated on alts. When she does appear after the achievement has been obtained, the "E" prompt to interact with her doesn't do anything. (As clarified here, she already behaved that way for characters who already had the achievement, but now this behavior is account-wide after the achievement has been granted.)
  • As reported here, the city of Orsinium immediately appears to be fully built-up for alts new to the zone, rather than being built up progressively as each character goes through the questline.

Confirmed to be working properly (i.e. NPC interactions are based on individual character's progress rather than inherited achievements):
  • Dialogue related to Dark Brotherhood membership in the Blackwood main questline reflects character's actual membership status.
  • DLC and prologue quest-starters appear if character has not completed their quests.
  • Mel Adrys In Hrota Cave, Gold Coast (notices if you’re a vampire and if you completed certain parts of the AD main quest)
  • Niralin in Archon’s Grove, Summerset (notices if you’re a werewolf)
  • Gabrielle Benele in Anvil, Gold Coast and Solitude, Western Skyrim (comments on a lost party member from the base game main quest)
  • Zhasim in Southern Elsweyr (comments if you met him in Wrothgar)
  • Valsirenn in the Deadlands (comments if you met her in Summerset)
  • Numerous references to quests in Daggerfall and Elden Root, reflecting pre-quest status for quests not completed by the character.
  • Fennorian in Western Skyrim (comments if you met him in Unhallowed Grave or the old Greymoor tutorial)
  • Lyris in Western Skyrim (comments if you met her in the base game main quest, Icereach, or the Greymoor prologue)
  • Za'ji in Shipwright's Regret (comments if you met him in Southern Elsweyr)

Likely to be working improperly but probably not related to AWA:
  • Character who has done no prior Dark Heart of Skyrim content gets dialogue options in two different conversations with Lyris during "The Gathering Storm" quest in Western Skyrim that refer to earlier experience with the Icereach Coven. This likely refers to events in the old Greymoor tutorial quest "Bound in Blood," which the character has not done. There is no achievement associated with the old Greymoor tutorial, so there would be nothing to inherit from other characters. Worth noting that there are alternate dialogue options to sidestep references to events that do not apply to the character.

Inconclusive based on my testing, but I have not seen any improper results so I remain hopeful:
  • Ambient NPC comments related to group dungeon completion (with exception noted above).
- Character who has completed only a handful of group dungeons only heard a comment about one dungeon she has completed. Uncertain if comments about other dungeons may appear.
  • Ambient NPC comments related to quest completion.
- Character who has done basically no quests outside of group dungeons never heard any comments related to quests that other characters have completed. Uncertain if any such comments may appear.

This one just confuses me:
  • Tarnamir in Russafeld, Summerset (notices if you’re in the Thieves Guild/Dark Brotherhood)
- Character with TG skill line unlocked and full loadout of inherited achievements was identified as a criminal; another character (on PC/EU) with only basic achievements inherited did not get criminal dialogue both with and without TG skill line unlocked. Currently theorizing that dialogue trigger comes from an advanced achievement possibly related to questline completion; however, as reported here, on PS5 a character with 0 DB quest completion and the full DB skill line unlocked via Crown Store also got the criminal dialogue. Worth noting that even characters with the criminal-related dialogue option can choose a different option to sidestep mention of the organizations.

Not tested:
  • Random encounters such as Choixth and the Adoring Admirer. (Melina Cassel has been tested.)
Edited by Ilsabet on April 5, 2022 6:01PM
Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
Ilsabet's Headcanon
The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
PC NA
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's good to hear that the issues are not as bad as feared. Still... There are issues, and there is stuff that is now once per account.

The truly annoying bit is the fact that ZOS keeps silent on this.

There were a lot of fears floating about, and still are, about how this all plays out. Yet ZOS has not even bothered to recognise these concerns and has done absolutely nothing to allay our fears on the topic. And no word on whether they even consider the things that are broken, to be issues that will be fixed at some point, or something they are fine to leave as is.

Just silence. So many people have been pushed away from the game, so many have cancelled their subs and move on. I just don't get it, how can they can think this is a good way of handling these concerns.

Now, if only they'd do something about the messed up map and the way stuff is being tracked...
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One other issue, similar to the "Verandis" epilogue to Greymoor / Markarth, is the "Khunzar-ri" epilogue to Elsweyr / Dragonhold. I just completed this pair of DLCs with a second character, and the ghost of Khunzar-ri did not appear.
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These have been very insightful and it's somewhat reasurring. The less broken NPCs there are, the better chance there is for the broken ones to be fixed. Hopefully we can show ZOS where these bugged NPCs are and help them to get our beloved NPCs working correctly with alts again. If anyone else has seen any NPCs that are not responding correctly to an alt, please send me a message or post it so we get people to test and find out if any other Shenanigans are happening with NPCs. Whatever is found can be submitted to ZOS as bugs, and hopefully they can simply move those things from achievements to quest completion, and the world will become sane and immersive once more.

Edited by Kesstryl on March 25, 2022 9:05PM
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • Adventurer
    Adventurer
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for testing it extensively! So so far it seems that some achievement related quests/dialogues don't work, as Verandis epilogue and Khunzanri don't appear on alts and Melina Cassel's quest has been confirmed to not work on alts as well, you can't interact with her.
    jle30303 wrote: »
    One other issue, similar to the "Verandis" epilogue to Greymoor / Markarth, is the "Khunzar-ri" epilogue to Elsweyr / Dragonhold. I just completed this pair of DLCs with a second character, and the ghost of Khunzar-ri did not appear.

The Emperor title also results in bugged conversations in IC with Clivia Tharn, all alts can say "I was an Emperor/Empress once too" to her, as reported in my thread by another user.

Could someone check if the Adoring Fan works? Some people were saying it's broken as well, that AF can be done only once per account, just like Verandis and Khunzarri. One person on page 2 in my thread linked in the OP confirmed that Melina could only be done once per account, and they couldn't interact with her on alts, so it's very likely his is only once per accoutn as well.

Also it would be good to test if characters that haven't completed a DLC dungeon get vanilla dialogue in places that refer to them, like Fennorian saying something else if you've completed Unhallowed Grave.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Fennorian#Killreath_Temple

And Elam Drals supposedly has different dialogue sometimes in Deadlands if you've done Blackwood.
    Edited by Adventurer on March 25, 2022 9:44PM
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would test the grathwood npcs by wayshrine to elden root
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That was one of the places where my noob spent some time invading people's personal space. What in particular would you be looking for?
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Someone mentioned hearing some off NPCs in Craglorn on a low level alt, but didn't give specifics.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • step9372
    step9372
    ✭✭✭
    I had an issue with the "Crime Pays" random encounter. My latest character was treated as if she had robbed the traveling merchant previously when she interacted with her when she had done no such thing! It was my main character who had done it ages ago.
    PC NA. Arrived in Tamriel April 2017. CP2500+. 13 Characters. Housing addict.
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is minor, and I can test it myself later. There is an NPC near the Markarth blacksmith table that will say some lines if your character has done Blessed Crucible.

I've only heard it once, but it's something along the lines of the NPC losing money on a bet because of us finishing the dungeon.

It's my understanding that there are NPCs who will make remarks about dungeons pretty much everywhere in game, and since finishing any dungeon for the first time gives an achievement, chances are all of those NPCs will address alts who haven't done them as if they had.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »
    This is minor, and I can test it myself later. There is an NPC near the Markarth blacksmith table that will say some lines if your character has done Blessed Crucible.

I've only heard it once, but it's something along the lines of the NPC losing money on a bet because of us finishing the dungeon.

It's my understanding that there are NPCs who will make remarks about dungeons pretty much everywhere in game, and since finishing any dungeon for the first time gives an achievement, chances are all of those NPCs will address alts who haven't done them as if they had.

That particular line is more widespread, I know the npc alchemist in shornhelm can give it.
    Dungeon related voice lines in general should be almost entirely fixable or already correct as every dungeon has both a quest as well as completion achievements.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »

That particular line is more widespread, I know the npc alchemist in shornhelm can give it.
    Dungeon related voice lines in general should be almost entirely fixable or already correct as every dungeon has both a quest as well as completion achievements.

Yeah, I think those lines are based on race+gender combos more than anything else. The Blessed Crucible line is given by female Orcs (which both the Markarth blacksmith and the Shornhelm alchemist are).

Captain Medusa has been loitering in the Markarth crafting area for a while and hasn't gotten anything dungeon- or quest-related out of anybody. I'm not sure if we can really prove a negative, but the longer I go without proving a problem, the better I feel about it.
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »

Yeah, I think those lines are based on race+gender combos more than anything else. The Blessed Crucible line is given by female Orcs (which both the Markarth blacksmith and the Shornhelm alchemist are).

Captain Medusa has been loitering in the Markarth crafting area for a while and hasn't gotten anything dungeon- or quest-related out of anybody. I'm not sure if we can really prove a negative, but the longer I go without proving a problem, the better I feel about it.

From my little testing on PTS, it seems DLCs are largely untouched by achievement bugs with NPCs. People have been reporting more hiccups in base game areas and Wrothgar.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Adventurer the Adoring Fan works. But on this one’s level 5 alt as she was scrambling up to Doomvault Vulpinaz.

It was strange to hear all the gushing for a level 5.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Adventurer the Adoring Fan works. But on this one’s level 5 alt as she was scrambling up to Doomvault Vulpinaz.

He gushed just as much for my level 10s on up - I think that's just how they programmed him.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First post has been updated with the following findings:

Conclusively found to be working improperly:
    • Alts are not able to eat mammoth cheese at giant camps in Western Skyrim after the "Giant Cheese Connoisseur" achievement has been obtained.
    • As reported here, character who has never been Emperor/Empress can claim to have been such in White-Gold Tower. (I can't test this one myself, so I'm relying on another person's screencap.)

Confirmed to be working properly (i.e. NPC interactions are based on individual character's progress rather than inherited achievements):
    • Fennorian in Western Skyrim (comments if you met him in Unhallowed Grave or the old Greymoor tutorial)
    • Lyris in Western Skyrim (comments if you met her in the base game main quest, Icereach, or the Greymoor prologue)
    • Za'ji in Shipwright's Regret (comments if you met him in Southern Elsweyr)

Likely to be working improperly but probably not related to AWA:
    • Character who has done no prior Dark Heart of Skyrim content gets dialogue options in two different conversations with Lyris during "The Gathering Storm" quest in Western Skyrim that refer to earlier experience with the Icereach Coven. This likely refers to events in the old Greymoor tutorial quest "Bound in Blood," which the character has not done. There is no achievement associated with the old Greymoor tutorial, so there would be nothing to inherit from other characters. Worth noting that there are alternate dialogue options to sidestep references to events that do not apply to the character.

I also restructured the "inconclusive" categories a bit to reflect my current leanings on those, and noted that I have not tested dialogue at the end of the Season of the Dragon storyline.
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It would be flawed to assume a dungeon has or hasn't been done based on the quest. Sometimes I skip the quest because my group is in a hurry and I want to take my time with it later.

@Ilsabet Thank you for taking the time to do this!! I will follow this topic and add things if I find them in addition to bug reports. I have other issues with AwA but misinformation and exaggeration helps no one; I have found this to be extremely helpful. :)
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    peacenote wrote: »

It would be flawed to assume a dungeon has or hasn't been done based on the quest. Sometimes I skip the quest because my group is in a hurry and I want to take my time with it later.

@Ilsabet Thank you for taking the time to do this!! I will follow this topic and add things if I find them in addition to bug reports. I have other issues with AwA but misinformation and exaggeration helps no one; I have found this to be extremely helpful. :)

I think it goes one way. If the quest is done, then the player has been through the dungeon and killed the final boss as that's a quest objective in every dungeon quest I can think of. If not, I agree, you can't be sure (and I've done the same, skipped the quest occasionally). But the achievements are also imperfect, as some vanquisher/conquerors require killing optional side bosses.

And a second to thanking Ilsabet for doing this testing.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sammy, to be clear, do you have the "Most Admired" achievement on your account?
    I did some testing this morning and I suspect the Adoring Admirer does not work as before, but sample sizes could stand to be larger.
    Testing methodology:
    I rode back and forth on the road between Farmers Nook and Hutan-Tzel, using landmarks that I know are far enough away to reset the random encounter. I did this 20 times on both NA (has achievement, but used character that has never talked to the admirer before) and EU (no achievement).
    On NA, in 20 passes, I did not see the admirer once. Two passes were empty. I saw all other encounters I expected: Dunmer couple, Khahjiit prophet, Redguard Spirit Hunter, Altmer magician, crazy squirrel lady.
    On EU, in 20 passes, I saw the admirer 3x. No passes were empty.

• Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    peacenote wrote: »

It's also flawed to have NPCs call characters undaunted when they are not, and to laud them for completing a dungeon they never completed. These NPC ambient chatter comments SHOULD fire off of dungeon quests and not achievements. You want NPCs to laud you, do the dungeon quest.
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what you are actually saying is that people overreacted on the forums???? I'm shocked...
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »
    So what you are actually saying is that people overreacted on the forums???? I'm shocked...

Is it wrong to hold ZOS as a triple AAA company to the very standards the game started with as to keep immersion and have access to all quests no matter how trivial?
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To my knowledge, no one has tested the entirety of every storyline in the game. So, while we can't say everything is broken, we also can't say everything is NOT broken either.

So far: The Greymoor/Markarth storyline has been tested and I think someone tested the Northern/Southern Elseweyr storyline. Both had a few problems.

Blackwood was partially tested by someone and found to be problem free.

Then there's various minor interactions as well that have shown to have problems.

As far as I'm aware, the following has NOT been tested: Summerset storyline, Murkmire storyline, Orsinium storyline (although there are reports that the city is glitched and showing completion status even on a new toon. So that's foreboding), Deadlands, All three alliance zone storylines, Main quest storyline, Coldharbour storyline, Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Fighter's Guild, Mage's Guild, Psijic questline, and then there are various side quests too that involve recurring characters that would need to be looked into as well.

I'm working my way through Clockwork city, and then I'll move on to testing out the Main Quest and Coldharbour quests.
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kesstryl wrote: »

Is it wrong to hold ZOS as a triple AAA company to the very standards the game started with as to keep immersion and have access to all quests no matter how trivial?

Would saying that the entire game is unrepeatable, everything is broken and I can't even play the game anymore an overreaction?
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Would saying that the entire game is unrepeatable, everything is broken and I can't even play the game anymore an overreaction?

Some of us get caught up in the details. Of course quests are not broken, unless they're the achievement only ones. No one every said all the quests were unable to be done repeatedly. Some of us actually play with the sound turned on, listen to the voice acting, and notice things that break immersion. Some of us are bothered by that like others are bothered by lag in Cyrodil, or skills not firing correctly, or bars not swapping, or block not activating. To some of us those details are just as game breaking as the skills and lag issue.

The biggest difficulty with this whole debate is that a whole subsection of people have had their play style nerfed and others are gaslighting us even though these issues were reported on PTS and we didn't get a single letter or punctuation point in any patch notes addressing a single thing except the museum quests. ZOS continues to fail to acknowledge any of these problems, both on PTS and currently. It would suck if people jumped into threads complaining about lag or skills not firing or group finder not working and saying, everything is fine for me so it's fine for all of you. This has been happening repeatedly by players who think our style of play is unimportant, and the worst thing about it is the way ZOS handled this update (even after 94 pages of feedback, plus bug reports on PTS) is that ZOS seems to be agreeing with them and minimizing people who love immersion and role playing in their heads. Immersion is a hallmark of an Elder Scrolls game, but apparently not in their MMO anymore.
    Edited by Kesstryl on March 28, 2022 9:52AM
  • VindictiveRidge
    VindictiveRidge
    ✭✭✭
    step9372 wrote: »
    I had an issue with the "Crime Pays" random encounter. My latest character was treated as if she had robbed the traveling merchant previously when she interacted with her when she had done no such thing! It was my main character who had done it ages ago.

The poor merchant gets rolled by so many people on such a regular basis that they all just blur together, I suppose.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Slightly maybe - but some certainly is true- no point doing the upcoming event on new toons because they've all magically got the achievement anyway. A fair amount of the glitches seem to have been fixed in the late PTS which is good.

I think the steam numbers speak volumes though:

Last 30 Days 13,058.3 -4,827.4 -26.99% 22,334

It hasn't been that low since 2019.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

While there's only a relatively small amount of content that is truly unrepeatable, for many people the game has lost a lot of repeatability.
    I used to try to get the vet dungeon achievements (ND/HM/SR) across multiple characters/roles/classes when it fit in. Now the game will no longer acknowledge that I've repeated the run, and my ability to track these is greatly diminished.
    Similar for World Bosses. While they're certainly still there on the map to be fought, I have no tracking other than the achievements which say I've killed almost every single WB in the game.
    Delves have been gutted. I went through 20-25 delves about a week ago for skyshards. Prior to update 33, I would have fought a boss in every single one. This time? I found 2 bosses alive. I'm not waiting for longer than it took me to go through the rest of the delve for a respawn, so for me delves are now just a skyshard with trash mobs. (I know delve bosses aren't particularly challenging, but at least they had a name).
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That was one of the places where my noob spent some time invading people's personal space. What in particular would you be looking for?

Dialogue there changes based on some quests
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Dialogue there changes based on some quests

Yep, I covered that with my "Numerous references to quests in Daggerfall and Elden Root, reflecting pre-quest status for quests not completed by the character." note. My noob only heard chatter related to quests in an unfinished state.

Incidentally she's a bit peeved that nobody sent her an invitation to the pirate party in Haven. That could have been fun.
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA