The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Results of Account-Wide Achievements Testing on Live - NPC Interactions

• Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »

Would saying that the entire game is unrepeatable, everything is broken and I can't even play the game anymore an overreaction?

Slightly maybe - but some certainly is true- no point doing the upcoming event on new toons because they've all magically got the achievement anyway. A fair amount of the glitches seem to have been fixed in the late PTS which is good.

I think the steam numbers speak volumes though:

Last 30 Days 13,058.3 -4,827.4 -26.99% 22,334

It hasn't been that low since 2019.

I wouldn't rely on that stat to prove your point that AWA drove away 25% if the population. There have been a number of stability issues that play into that number as well and we can't separate the two.
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    Kesstryl wrote: »
    So what you are actually saying is that people overreacted on the forums???? I'm shocked...

Is it wrong to hold ZOS as a triple AAA company to the very standards the game started with as to keep immersion and have access to all quests no matter how trivial?

Would saying that the entire game is unrepeatable, everything is broken and I can't even play the game anymore an overreaction?

While there's only a relatively small amount of content that is truly unrepeatable, for many people the game has lost a lot of repeatability.
    I used to try to get the vet dungeon achievements (ND/HM/SR) across multiple characters/roles/classes when it fit in. Now the game will no longer acknowledge that I've repeated the run, and my ability to track these is greatly diminished.
    Similar for World Bosses. While they're certainly still there on the map to be fought, I have no tracking other than the achievements which say I've killed almost every single WB in the game.
    Delves have been gutted. I went through 20-25 delves about a week ago for skyshards. Prior to update 33, I would have fought a boss in every single one. This time? I found 2 bosses alive. I'm not waiting for longer than it took me to go through the rest of the delve for a respawn, so for me delves are now just a skyshard with trash mobs. (I know delve bosses aren't particularly challenging, but at least they had a name).

Look, I understand your point, I just think the reactions of a lot of people here are over reactions. As to your WB and delve issues, why don't you use the zone guide? It is still character specific.
    Edited by Lumsdenml on March 28, 2022 6:45PM
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Slightly maybe - but some certainly is true- no point doing the upcoming event on new toons because they've all magically got the achievement anyway. A fair amount of the glitches seem to have been fixed in the late PTS which is good.

I think the steam numbers speak volumes though:

Last 30 Days 13,058.3 -4,827.4 -26.99% 22,334

It hasn't been that low since 2019.

I wouldn't rely on that stat to prove your point that AWA drove away 25% if the population. There have been a number of stability issues that play into that number as well and we can't separate the two.

I would agree entirely - there is probably more impact from the bugs and rival games, but something is driving the numbers way down.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So what you are actually saying is that people overreacted on the forums???? I'm shocked...

Is it wrong to hold ZOS as a triple AAA company to the very standards the game started with as to keep immersion and have access to all quests no matter how trivial?

While there's only a relatively small amount of content that is truly unrepeatable, for many people the game has lost a lot of repeatability.
    I used to try to get the vet dungeon achievements (ND/HM/SR) across multiple characters/roles/classes when it fit in. Now the game will no longer acknowledge that I've repeated the run, and my ability to track these is greatly diminished.
    Similar for World Bosses. While they're certainly still there on the map to be fought, I have no tracking other than the achievements which say I've killed almost every single WB in the game.
    Delves have been gutted. I went through 20-25 delves about a week ago for skyshards. Prior to update 33, I would have fought a boss in every single one. This time? I found 2 bosses alive. I'm not waiting for longer than it took me to go through the rest of the delve for a respawn, so for me delves are now just a skyshard with trash mobs. (I know delve bosses aren't particularly challenging, but at least they had a name).

Look, I understand your point, I just think the reactions of a lot of people here are over reactions. As to your WB and delve issues, why don't you use the zone guide? It is still character specific.

The zone guide is only character specific where there is underlying data. For World bosses, two things are tracked: Map discovery which is character specific, and completion, which is only tracked by achievement and now account wide.
    With addons disabled, when logged into my crafter character, if I look at the zone guide for Backwood, it shows me as having 6/6 world bosses complete, even though only 3 of them are shown on the map (the other 3 are not discovered).
    That character has never fought a single WB in Blackwood; has only been in Blackwood to pick up surveys and dig antiquities.

Delves have the same issue - completion is now tracked account wide - but it is compounded there.
    Delve bosses have an accelerated spawn mechanic - if a player who has not completed the delve approaches the boss area, the boss will spawn almost immediately if its not already alive. Prior to update 33, this meant that any time a character went into a delve for the first time to get the skyshard, they could also kill the boss. Now, as long as any character on the account has completed the delve, its marked as account wide and so you just have to wait a few minutes for the boss to spawn. But unless I'm farming something specific from that boss, I'm not going to hang out by the spawn location for longer than it took me to run in and out of the delve.
    So the zone guide is not an automatic solution, because it is only character specific for some features.
    Quest and discovery only features (wayshrines, striking locales, set stations) are character specific, as are skyshards and lore books. Delves, world bosses, and events (dolmens, geysers, etc) are account wide.
    Edited by kringled_1 on March 28, 2022 10:33PM
  • matterandstuff
    matterandstuff
    ✭✭✭✭

No, it's not, it's now about half account-based - which is a big part of the problem. If it had been character specific, I think it probably would have at least in part stemmed the exodus, but the autocompletion (on run-past) of the zone guide was a line in the sand for many people.
  • TrellyTB
    TrellyTB
    I find it all confusing, a mashup of global and character completions which wipe out my interest in playing the alternate characters. I had been doing delves and public dungeons with them, but now the delves are a waste of time.

I agree with the people who say that they may as well give all characters their skyshards if any character has discovered them, especially in delves. The delves serve no purpose now except for the first character to go there (I have done them all on my first character) or to collect a shard. If they want to clean up the game, delete the delves entirely, and just hand out the skyshards. The only reason they left skyshards as character based was because of their selling the discoveries in the store. That has no value to me, only to them.

Even the delve quests are things I now avoid, since I did them on my main character. What's the point in redoing the quest without killing the named and getting the skyshard? All three made a delve worth exploring. Now, they are irritants on my map.

That's the issue, everything is now half-baked. Some pieces are worth pursuing, some are obsolete. It may as well all be obsolete.
  • Adventurer
    Adventurer
    ✭✭✭
    Could you add to your OP that Melina Cassel and Khunzari+Verandis epilogues can now be only done once per account, as it was reported in my thread? In case someone does it read and decide to try fixing some of the issues. :)

• Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Adventurer wrote: »
    Could you add to your OP that Melina Cassel and Khunzari+Verandis epilogues can now be only done once per account, as it was reported in my thread? In case someone does it read and decide to try fixing some of the issues. :)

Yes yes, I suppose I can stop being lazy. :tongue:

Added the following findings to the first post:

Conclusively found to be working improperly:
    • As reported here, the NPC involved in a post-quest conversation after the Dark Heart of Skyrim epilogue does not appear for alts after the "Taking up the Mantle" achievement is obtained.
    • As reported here, Melina Cassel may appear in the Reach after the "A Friend in Deed" achievement is obtained, but her conversations cannot be repeated on alts. When she does appear after the achievement has been obtained, the "E" prompt to interact with her doesn't do anything. (As clarified here, she already behaved that way for characters who already had the achievement, but now this behavior is account-wide after the achievement has been granted.)

Has anyone conclusively tested Khunzar-ri? Or are we presuming he'll work the same way as Verandis?
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Someone has but I don't recall which thread.
    I could not get the Adoring Admirer to appear on an account that had the achievement but had no problem on one that did not.
  • Adventurer
    Adventurer
    ✭✭✭
    quote="kringled_1;c-7555584"]Someone has but I don't recall which thread.
    I could not get the Adoring Admirer to appear on an account that had the achievement but had no problem on one that did not.[/quote]I remember someone reported Khunzanri doesn't work in my thread, they said they went to check bothi him and Verandis' epilogues, and he appears in either on new alts.

Thanks for adding the info in! :)

• Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm wondering if ZOS will be gracious and find a way to give us back these NPCs for alts, or are we going to be stuck with something that's forever lost like stealth for Bosmer. We paid for these DLCs for the experience they gave us, and some of these experiences had to have cost them money with the art, programming, and voice acting. Years down the road I'm not going to remember the details of each interaction and would want to experience them again on an alt. The only way I can do that now is on PTS EU where I will get a fresh account every cycle for not having chars on EU. I feel like something has been taken away that didn't need to be taken. These few NPCs should have stayed character side.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • dzugarueb17_ESO
    dzugarueb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if ZOS will be gracious and find a way to give us back these NPCs for alts, or are we going to be stuck with something that's forever lost like stealth for Bosmer.

I'm trying to let go and not care anymore.

There is one good thing personally this disaster motivated me to finally stop being lazy and work towards positions in big companies that do AAA titles (I'm in mobile/indie now), so maybe someday I could avert a thing like this one.

• ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw someone say Khunzar-ri didn't appear for them on an alt post-patch, but I don't remember where I saw it.

I am 99% sure that Choixth works the same as Melina Cassel - I was at 4/5 encounters with her, found her on a new alt who had never met her before, and got the last dialogue which finished the achievement. I haven't come across her since, so I don't know if she will appear like Melina, but I would say it's almost certain we won't be able to interact with her again if she does.
    PC NA, CP2000+Character creation is the true endgame.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Added the following to the first post:

• As reported here, the NPC involved in a post-quest conversation after the Season of the Dragon epilogue does not appear for alts after the "A Hero's Song" achievement is obtained.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Has anyone checked the two queens bug in Elsweyr yet to see if that one got fixed since PTS?
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not an NPC interaction, but the construction of the city of Orsinium is fully completed on my baby alts. Which is honestly a bummer, because I thought it was really neat working my way through the main quest and checking out how the city would progressively get closer and closer to completion as I went. I ran up to the entrance yesterday for the first time on a brand new character, saw the archway was fully done and it just looked like a normal city, said out loud, "This sucks," and turned around and went to another zone. I'm sure I'll be back to play it, but I really did feel surprisingly disappointed in the moment.

Do we just go to the Rimmen throne room to check? I can't recall what character I was on or where it was in the questline when I saw the eldritch queenbomination on PTS.
  • Adventurer
    Adventurer
    ✭✭✭
    Not an NPC interaction, but the construction of the city of Orsinium is fully completed on my baby alts. Which is honestly a bummer, because I thought it was really neat working my way through the main quest and checking out how the city would progressively get closer and closer to completion as I went. I ran up to the entrance yesterday for the first time on a brand new character, saw the archway was fully done and it just looked like a normal city, said out loud, "This sucks," and turned around and went to another zone. I'm sure I'll be back to play it, but I really did feel surprisingly disappointed in the moment.

Do we just go to the Rimmen throne room to check? I can't recall what character I was on or where it was in the questline when I saw the eldritch queenbomination on PTS.

Oh that's sad, I wasn't aware that one was broken as well!
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't promise anything before because I barely have time to get my endeavours and tickets these days but I should have some time on Friday so if anyone can point me to what I need to do quest-wise to check on Queen Euraxamira, I'll do that then if noone gets around to it before. Do I need to start the main quest until Abnur takes us to parley, or get to a certain point, or just stroll in? My brain is so fried, the chaos of the PTS is just a distant memory now. At this rate I'll probably forget what ESO used to be like before AwA...no, just kidding, I can't forget my missing balcony scene. /playtinyviolin
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For what it's worth, I took an alt to Rimmen Palace and the throne was empty. So that at least suggests that the new queen isn't just parked there full-time after a character has done the questline.

Also, added the following to the first post:

• As reported here, the city of Orsinium immediately appears to be fully built-up for alts new to the zone, rather than being built up progressively as each character goes through the questline.
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    For what it's worth, I took an alt to Rimmen Palace and the throne was empty. So that at least suggests that the new queen isn't just parked there full-time after a character has done the questline.

Also, added the following to the first post:

• As reported here, the city of Orsinium immediately appears to be fully built-up for alts new to the zone, rather than being built up progressively as each character goes through the questline.

Thanks for checking on the Queens, that should have made it into a patch note that it was fixed. This is what has been most frustrating about this, no communication about the bugs, no acknowledgement that they exist or get fixed, and then they wonder why some of us from PTS are still up in arms.

I'm hoping this thread will help ZOS to fix the rest of the broken things they might have missed. We can hope a few patches from now the improperly working things will be fixed. When all testing is done the results should definitely be posted in the bug reports forum, and anything we find in game should be reported in the in game bug report feature too, just to make sure this information is getting to the right people. And in the future I'm begging ZOS to please put fixes to NPCs in the patch notes.
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is what has been most frustrating about this, no communication about the bugs, no acknowledgement that they exist or get fixed, and then they wonder why some of us from PTS are still up in arms.

Honestly, this is like 80% of my beef with AwA. I can live with having to use the zone guide to know where I am storywise on alts, I can live with not knowing which group dungeons I have the skillpoint from without using an addon, I can live with the map icons insisting I've done everything, I can live with Orsinium existing only in a fully constructed state and I can probably even live with never being able to talk to Melina Cassel again...maybe.

But the fact that we the players are having to do all of this testing about continuity and interactions in order to assuage our own concerns? The fact that a very vocal subset of players expressed a lot of concern about story things in a heavily story-based game and received no response whatsoever? Like, at least tell us our worries are unfounded, tell us you fixed things, or you're looking into it, or it can't be done. Tell us we've been heard. None of the concerns in this thread were addressed in the Q&A about AwA, or anywhere else for that matter.

Also, Verandis. Can't live with that one. Can't do Markarth again until that gets fixed. If it doesn't get fixed, Markarth is dead content to me. Not to be dramatic, but I've done Rivenspire/Greymoor/Markarth on a few characters and the story just feels abrupt and unfinished without that scene.
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GUYS.

@Kesstryl @Ilsabet @Adventurer @Wolf_Eye

From the PTS 8.0 patch notes:

Taking Up the Mantle: Count Verandis Ravenwatch will now properly show up and you can have the conversation with him after completing Markarth's capper quests if you've already completed the achievement on another character.
    Note: This does mean you can have this conversation again on the character that initially completed the achievement.
  • Mythgard1967
    Mythgard1967
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GUYS.

Taking Up the Mantle: Count Verandis Ravenwatch will now properly show up and you can have the conversation with him after completing Markarth's capper quests if you've already completed the achievement on another character.
    Note: This does mean you can have this conversation again on the character that initially completed the achievement.

I think I just teared up..........well...I did......thanks for posting that!

I hope they fix the Orsinium thing...mostly because I love that zone and I uhhh never appreciated the changes adequately and now I want to replay it....
  • Adventurer
    Adventurer
    ✭✭✭
    GUYS.

Oh that's great! Does that mean Khunzari's epilogue is fixed as well? Has anyone tested it yet?
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adventurer wrote: »
    Oh that's great! Does that mean Khunzari's epilogue is fixed as well? Has anyone tested it yet?

That's not mentioned in the notes, I'm afraid. I scanned them for any other fixes of the type we've been hoping for in this thread but the only "achievement fix" I saw was this one. They did finally fix the Demon Weapon sticking point though, which is nice and also has been a long time coming.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well there's one small but notable victory. I wonder if that means Verandis will stick around indefinitely and can be spoken to at any time, or if it simply means they're resetting completion of the conversation for all characters such that OG achievement characters get one more go before he disappears again.

Here's another relevant item:
    Old Wounds: One of Tarnamir's conversations no longer assumes you've actually joined the Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood unless you've completed those quests.
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well there's one small but notable victory. I wonder if that means Verandis will stick around indefinitely and can be spoken to at any time, or if it simply means they're resetting completion of the conversation for all characters such that OG achievement characters get one more go before he disappears again.

Here's another relevant item:
    Old Wounds: One of Tarnamir's conversations no longer assumes you've actually joined the Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood unless you've completed those quests.

I actually would love it if Verandis did stick around, it wouldn't feel so sad if he was still there to visit from time to time.
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually would love it if Verandis did stick around, it wouldn't feel so sad if he was still there to visit from time to time.

I wish we could see him return to Castle Ravenwatch from time to time (he promised to visit, after all), not to mention update the NPCs there and their acknowledgement of our Greymoor accomplishments - but I definitely don't expect that level of attention to detail and change in the world state.
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I wish we could see him return to Castle Ravenwatch from time to time (he promised to visit, after all), not to mention update the NPCs there and their acknowledgement of our Greymoor accomplishments - but I definitely don't expect that level of attention to detail and change in the world state.

That would be epic. One could only hope that attention to detail will someday make it into the game.

I just tested this on PTS. He does not stick around after you finish talking with him. I wish he did. One could test if not finishing the conversation would allow him to stick around. I mean if you already have the achievement, no point in making him go away forever.

Edited by Kesstryl on April 18, 2022 11:06PM