The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What is going on with game performance lately? Desyncs/Lag/Loading Screens/Booted...

• ck37090
    ck37090
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    For anyone running into desyncs or latency issues, please try the troubleshooting below.

Connection Troubleshooting - Technical Support - The Elder Scrolls Online

So...as of the last week or so my game has been performing fine without changing or doing anything (I did go through every suggestion/troubleshooting idea I could when I was having the problems and they didn't help at all)...I would have thought the problems were related to changes made before and during the last event...However, I have been in raids recently and other people are still having the same problems I was having. In fact the last trial I did the off tank couldn't see the mini boss for around 5 seconds after spawn. If these issues are related to the players end (as indicated by the troubleshooting link), why would (in my case at least) the problems resolve w/o any changes? ...and because many people are still having the same issues, I don't have much confidence my game will remain stable...just hoping ZOS acknowledges the actual issues and fixes them.
    Edited by ck37090 on March 11, 2022 12:09AM
  • Aca2017
    Aca2017
    ✭✭✭
    No doubt ZOS could improve the service... but right now my problems seem to be associated with Comcast/XFinity (the intractably inept and apathetic de-facto monopoly on internet service in my area).Their service has, for whatever reason, observably deteriorated MASSSIVELY in the past 3 months. Unfortunately I am not in a position physically (in an apartment, no yard or other secure place to deploy a transceiver) to switch to satellite.

I can stream video OK... most streaming architectures can adaptively buffer around latency and variable bandwidth (except, paradoxically, HBO Max... adaptive buffering doesn't seem to be a part of their feature set... I invariably experience long pauses and relentless degradation in video quality, which requires me to download all content as a workaround... fortunately this is an expedient most/all streaming services offer these days).

But all "rea-time" applications, like "online games" (including ESO and GuildWars2) are experiencing continuous latency in the 500ms+ range, and often over 1000ms (GuildWars2 will show you a real number... like "1603", which is what it was just now when I looked; ESO will show you 999+", which is where I spend most of my time these days), with all the associated problems (warping around the map, skills fail to fire, hostile mobs materialize out of nowhere, gathering vanishes, have to retry all interaction repeatedly... and right now, in ESO, I am unable to delete in-game mail). Power cycling my modem, varying time of day away from obvious peak times, VPN/noVPN, switching cables/switchies/other glue in my home network, etc... nothing helps.

Maybe there are continuous denial-of-service attacks underway in various parts of the internet that are affecting wide-area throughput and round-trip latency, or maybe my service-provider-from-hell is just incompetent. If it keeps up, I am going to have to suspend all my online game subscriptions and either switch to purely captive desktop games or do without gaming entirely (gasp!) until I can find a workaround to Comcast/XFinity.
  • Lori_GamerBro
    Yeah right after deadlands update my game performance has been awful. When I pop into a new zone it takes forever for things to render in. If I kill an add the audio goes out and things de render. I've worked with tech support and they told me it has to be on zos's end. I really want to enjoy the new content but things like dungeons and public dungeons are completely unplayable. I wish Zos would have more communication to at least tell us if they're at least aware of this.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    You can follow the thread below for the latest updates regarding the current game performance issues on the PC NA servers.

Update on Activity Finder and In-Game Issues
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post