The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

People Seem to Not Understand What update 33 IS.

• UrbWzrd
    UrbWzrd
    ✭✭
    the trend of the last few patches and the coming don't seem so much a "play as you want" thing, but more in the line of the "lower the ceiling" strategy , making higher dps more accessible to builds that previously were barely viable in vet content, if not base game. DPS increase for the masses does not make the masses better players, tho. Billy Bob hitting 90K on the dummy with his super state of the art newfangled hybrid mashup build with new skill loadouts will still wipe the group in vMoL.

Hahahaha! You gave me a good laugh, mate! :D
  • UrbWzrd
    UrbWzrd
    ✭✭
    Stx wrote: »
    These changes kill the RPG aspect of the game. They actually remove choice.

If Zos truly wanted to increase build diversity, they would ADD more skills to the game, not homogenize what we have. This game has an abysmally small amount of skills to choose from.

The skill options with CP options is insane.

I hope you are trying to be sarcastic. There is no variety in this game at all, apart from the skins and polymorphs. Everyone plays the game exactly the same way. There are just a few skills shining in so called classes and that's it. Rest is all the same.

And i don't get one thing, the new proc sets; there are more "if"s in the explanations than an avage code. [snip]

[Edited for Inappropriate Language]
    Edited by Psiion on March 3, 2022 2:48AM
  • UrbWzrd
    UrbWzrd
    ✭✭
    One last thing with the necro post.

Balance! That kills everything. They are so obsessed with an hypotetical "balance" that they don't know what to do.

May be it would be more fun if they wouldn't be so obsessed with balance.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrbWzrd wrote: »
    One last thing with the necro post.

Balance! That kills everything. They are so obsessed with an hypotetical "balance" that they don't know what to do.

May be it would be more fun if they wouldn't be so obsessed with balance.

they are so obsessed with balance that they havent nerfed plague break yet.
    are pushing a new update on march that will make healing op on cyro.
    added like 10-15k more dps to rotations too.
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • VoxAdActa
    VoxAdActa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having more access to skills is great, but we’re still going to slot the 10 most effective, and once we figure out what those are we won’t use anything else.

How is that different from what the minmaxers are doing right now, anyway?

Are you honestly saying there are a wide varieties of ways and playstyles that allow you to parse 110k dps?
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VoxAdActa wrote: »
    Having more access to skills is great, but we’re still going to slot the 10 most effective, and once we figure out what those are we won’t use anything else.

Are you honestly saying there are a wide varieties of ways and playstyles that allow you to parse 110k dps?

Sure i guess... Ppl are doing 125-130k atm so 110k seems reasonable.

Im joking btw.

Trap beast is always used. Same for many other skills like orb. Eso is just very limited.
    Edited by francesinhalover on March 3, 2022 3:26AM
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    VoxAdActa wrote: »

Sure i guess... Ppl are doing 125-130k atm so 110k seems reasonable.

Im joking btw.

Trap beast is always used. Same for many other skills like orb. Eso is just very limited.

I saw some 130k parses too, but there’s usually a bunch of stampeding into a log placed in front of an atronach at 1am. 120k is maybe more reasonable

My own personal testing is showing a pretty wide variety of weapon combos getting close to 120:

Dual wield front / 2 hand back getting 122k
    Fire staff front / 2 hand back getting 119k
    Bow front / 2 hand back getting 115k

That’s all I was interested in trying but 110 is likely with any combination on some classes.

Arena sets look pretty good now that monster sets / antiquities are so good, the 5/2/2/2/1 combo is decent for something like staff/2H. You can add almost any arena set to any build now and it feels stronger than before, especially because of the hybrid thing

Precise was best for front bar bow/ staff, but only by a bit, charged is a close 2nd in dps,, but really good for solo I would assume since minor breach/ minor vulnerability/ minor magicka steal / minor brittle/ are all pretty cool and hard to get alone. Not to mention burning/ poisoned / hemorrhage is a lot of free damage
    Edited by MudcrabAttack on March 3, 2022 2:17PM
  • Jusey1
    Jusey1
    ✭✭✭✭
    After reading many comments and going through everything that I can on this topic, since it is heavily debated... Both sides are correct.

The META builds is going to have A LOT less freedom, A LOT less choice, etc. That is true but that is also the nature of META builds. You cannot stop META builds from being unfun because they are usually unfun by design. The META has always been and will always be the least fun way to enjoy any game because you will be forced to cut down your build to extremely limited and small amount of choices compare to everything else because you are trying to be the VERY BEST that you can be. This will always be such no matter what ZOS does because that is simply how it is. If you hate it, stop playing the META... That's it. That's how easy it is, if you hate it then stop doing it. The META isn't suppose to be fun, it is suppose to turn the game more into a job because you are grinding and putting in a lot of extra effort to be the very best that you can be in the game. Complaining about the META changing or complaining about the META being even more limited is just insane to me because you sign up for that. By playing the META, you sign up for this. You should always know that the META will always change, will always be negatively affected by whatever the developers decide to do because the vast majority of players do not play the META simply because it is not fun to do so.

So, yes. This change will make the META even worse than it is now, but it will also open up the doors for many many more casual players who do not limit themselves to the META anyways. Many more builds are going to become more effective, just not as effective as the META and that is an overall good thing. Making the game more accessable and fun for anyone is better than trying to force everything to become the META because you cannot do the latter. It is impossible to make everything META. It is hard to make the META more open by default. Not an easy thing to do at all without upsetting everyone else. I have seen many many competitive games shoot themselves in the foot by trying to make the META better and you simply cannot. It's better to leave the META be it's own thing and just focus on making the game more enjoyable for the masses than it is to try to perfectly balance a game because you can't do the latter.

So, if you're someone who is upset at update 33, maybe you could try not stressing yourself so much over the META for a change? Yes, you are correct and have a right to be upset, but you also choose to be in that position yourself so don't go blaming ZOS or other players who didn't make the same choice as yours...
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    So if I put all my points into Health....my damage will scale off that?
    Or highest offensive stat?
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭
    I am really looking forward to account-wide achievements. Do you know why? My main is Stamina DK. Often I get asked to either switch to Magicka or another class (like Magcro etc.) for certain raids. This usually is better for the raid, but I lose motivation because I don't care about achievements on my alts. So from now on I can be happy to switch to another class as needed, because I'll still get the achievement on my main.

Exact same!!!
    Xbox X- NA
  • edward_frigidhands
    edward_frigidhands
    ✭✭✭✭
    - I see lots of comments overreacting and it really gives me the vibe people didn't bother reading.

- Amost all Skills work with Highest resource. This means Stam/mag classes can use SOME mag/stam skills, not all of them.

- This already exists in the game. Nightblades can use Consuming trap and path of darkness... but CAN'T spam them.
    Your average endgame stam player can use at max 3 mag skills in a row without completely running out of mag. only 3.

- What this means for endgame players is mag classes can for example use DW skills like Deadly cloak or fighters guild lightweight trap for crit damage , but that's It THEY CAN'T spam skills because they lack resources for it.
    And mag classes have been using dw since vmol , it just became more popular now.

I see people talking about healers and vigor. Is VIGOR is even going to work with mag?
    In Update 33, the changes are focused on making almost every player ability in the game scale

- Oh but hybrid builds exist! oh yeah and they do half the damage a full stam or mag build would do if they are trully hybrid.

- Crit / spell crit or major sorcery/ brutality becoming one, is to make the game more simple to understand for everyone and new players. Because ya know, mmos are being created and gaining popularity and keeping new players on eso is a good idea.

- This update by itself is almost the same has giving every class a new skill line they can use to make their builds more diverse. Not everyone enjoys and will ever touch stam/mag classes but now they have access to more skills that's it.

- Some skills will also be reworked to make them more usable. And again not EVERY skill will be able to work with highest resources.

And people that say...oh everything will be the same! IT ALREADY IS.
    Everyone is using two handed atm on stam.

Stam sorce, Stam templar, barely have skills to use, now they do. It's a dream come true for them.
    I for one am happy i will be able to use another conjured pet and not this
    maxresdefault.jpg

That creature in the screenshot is so cute.
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic changes from what I've read and seen on videos. Seems like this will do a lot for build diversity, love seeing that they're continueing to go it a good direction.

I also hope this will end the comedy of the worst combat trend in the entire game that has persisted for years amongst the maxdps chasers, players laying traps at the feet of an enemy they are fighting, besides it feeling clunky as hell, that's also not how a trap should ever work and it's ridiculous in every way. :D

Barbed trap will still be meta. Its used for the crit dmg % and will probs be used by mags.
    You can dodge it with tzogvin or khajit for endgwame trials.
    That being said barbed also has a really strong dot.

I tested a slightly different stamina warden build last night on PTS since they were already getting 10% crit damage from a near maxed uptime of frost status effect. I dropped barbed trap for camouflage hunter, then added scalding rune to the back bar, it’s similar dps to barbed trap and added more flame status effects. Since minor force was removed, I swapped out untamed aggression for backstabber and got the same dps. Any class that already has built-in crit damage might be able to swap things around.

Barbed trap typically adds hemorrhage status, but stam warden already has a lot of cliff racer hemorrhage happening, the added burning element from scalding rune seems to round it out nicely

With Nunatak adding major brittle barbed trap may be even less necessary
    Edited by MudcrabAttack on March 7, 2022 7:53PM