The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why do so few people run Halls of Fabrication?

• Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeeScrolls wrote: »
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    It's a very mechanics heavy trial, especially challenging for tanks/healers, that requires a great deal of coordination and communication..
    There also currently isnt much of a carrot. The skin is kinda ugly and the gear doesn’t do much for you other than niche builds.
    What ever happened to running things just for the sheer FUN & sense-of-game-accomplishment , rather merely for stats & shinies? Gosh i miss the days of pre-cu SWG. :/ But i digress....

OP: once i finish completing (finally) all the DLC map zones to 100% done , i plan on doing weekly Trials again (PC/NA) and even though it'll be mostly my guild group i'll also open it to others (posting an announcement) and will def. put 'HOF' on the rotation.

If for no other reason than the fact that everytime i run a Trial with randoms , sure i get the achievement done but ugh it's like literally RUNNING thru the trial as if following some mass maniacal horde of speed-hacking bot-farmers, causing me to barely have enough time to loot much less read/click a book or notice the scenery or ohh i dunno learn the Trial. ;) /boggle

Just giving some explanation. This is pretty old content at this point. Most people that want to run it for the first time, did so years ago. Most achievement hunters, already have what they are after. Old gear becoming relevant does have the effect of breathing life into stale content.

Sure there are new players coming into the game all the time. You want to progress the content like a lot of us did years ago, find some and form a group, but don't expect an easy time of it. You want an easy time of it, expect to join with a group of people that already know it, but see the first point. Most people that have cleared that place 50 times have no interest in a 2 hour run so people can RP along the way. They want a quick and efficient clear.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only worthwhile drop in the entire nHoF is the toilet. You run it for the head to use in housing as a toilet that's about it.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Meanwhile the developers are planning out next patch's antiquity leads, "How about it has a chance to drop from the last boss in Halls of Fabrication?"
    PC NA
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found Halls of Fabrication enjoyable when entering it for the first time with a casual group last year. We got clobbered several times by the final boss, but eventually we got used to the flow of the battle and it went in our favor.

I can understand why we only went back once. It took forever, and the trials with the gear we wanted weren't as difficult (until we tried to do CR+2).
  • gronoxvx
    gronoxvx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunno about other servers, but xbox NA theres still bugs such as bosses disappearing then resetting the fight multiple times for no reason and general lag. Ran it last night with a guild im in on HM and it was attrocious game quality wise. Literally skipping all over the place during all boss fights for not only myself, but for most of the other raid members as well.
    Edited by gronoxvx on January 5, 2022 4:57AM
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    Meanwhile the developers are planning out next patch's antiquity leads, "How about it has a chance to drop from the last boss in Halls of Fabrication?"

Would be a healthy thing to do if not adjusting any existing sets there to be more desirable.
  • ElvenOverlord
    ElvenOverlord
    ✭✭✭✭
    deflorate wrote: »
    Idk, you must not be trying too hard to do them. I literally pugged both of those in crag today. They are always being done for the gear.

Was looking for that one experience that's different from everyone else's here.
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its far from being a casual run. Lots of mechanics and things you have to know.

Can be fun if everyone knows what to do but really tedious and time consuming otherwise.

As others have stated after you've been thru it, not really worth it.
    No one is immune from failure. All have tasted the bitterness of defeat and disappointment but as for today... today Victory is mine. Long Live the Empire.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just for fun i worked with a friend and we 2 manned up to and including the first boss in normal HOF once just to see if we could (we couldnt get past the next boss obviously because of the mechanics)

on normal i didnt really find it to be that much of a slog and i liked the clockwork scenery
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    krachall wrote: »
    Long trial and the final boss is just stupid for a stam character. Yes, I get that it's Elder Staves Online and ZOS loves loves loves mag DPS but to make a final boss that's so obviously misaligned for stam characters is just weak.

I only play stamblades and flat out refused to run this trial...until the Armory. Now I swap to a bow/bow build and I'm a bit less worthless on that final boss.

Uh, vHoF is probably the most stam-friendly of all the trials. Mixed or all-stam group comps were the norm for a long time. Back in early 2019 when I was in an all-mag TTT group, going all-mag was virtually unheard of and was considered to be anti-meta.

Yea, these days people mostly go in with mag, but that's largely because people by default use mag for everything. But there's nothing in HoF that punishes melee or stam, and if you watch an all-mag group run TTT, you'll notice that everyone's staying in melee range anyway.

And on top of not punishing stam/melee, HoF punishes mag with all the mag-drain mechanics and the final boss fight heavily favors stam when it comes to survivability because of their easy access to Major Evasion via blade cloak.
    Edited by code65536 on January 5, 2022 10:51PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LashanW wrote: »
    The skin is kinda ugly and the gear doesn’t do much for you other than niche builds.
    I hate what they've done to that skin. It should be pure Gold texture everywhere (like Asylum skin), instead this has some god awful patches :|
    You do it once for the experience. You may do it again so your friends can have the experience. You never go back again by choice.

If there was a really good set in there, it might justify the suffering, but, there isn't. That's why that's coming up.

People don't run vet Crag trials for the loot, they do that for fun. Same with Vet Maw of Lorkhaj.

People don't run vet Halls of Fabrication. They don't do it for fun because it isn't. They don't do it for loot, because the drops are meh.
    I really like this trial. It looks like something out of star wars. Love the last boss. Assembly Generals are the coolest looking dwemer/fabricant type enemy I've ever seen. I've done it so many times I've completed my stickerbook for that trial. But always did it with trial guildies. Mainly for TTT.

100% agree. It looks like the player suffers from Vitiligo. If it was pure gold, it would have been awesome. They should go back and change it. I dont think anyone would complain.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Long trial and the final boss is just stupid for a stam character. Yes, I get that it's Elder Staves Online and ZOS loves loves loves mag DPS but to make a final boss that's so obviously misaligned for stam characters is just weak.

I only play stamblades and flat out refused to run this trial...until the Armory. Now I swap to a bow/bow build and I'm a bit less worthless on that final boss.

Uh, vHoF is probably the most stam-friendly of all the trials. Mixed or all-stam group comps were the norm for a long time. Back in 2019 when I did an all-mag TTT, going all-mag was virtually unheard of.

Yea, these days people mostly go in with mag, but that's mostly because people use mag for everything. But there's nothing in HoF that punishes melee or stam, and if you watch an all-mag group run TTT, you'll notice that everyone's staying in melee range anyway.

And on top of not punishing stam/melee, HoF punishes mag with all the mag-drain mechanics and the final boss fight heavily favors stam because of their easy access to Major Evasion via blade cloak.

@code65536

Yep. I did my original VHOF prog at launch on a stam sorc (I believe a sunderflame buff sorc if memory serves). I think you were part of that for a while if memory serves with Nos and company. Ahh the gold old days. LOL

I just went through a TTT prog about 3 months ago. Yes, we used all magic, but we stacked and burned every boss. I was in melee range 100% of boss encounters. Even the last boss is now trench strat for most decent groups. Nothing about that trial is specifically bad for stamina.
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Long, no good loot. But if you join a good guild, and get some runs on the board, they are still run.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

Uh, vHoF is probably the most stam-friendly of all the trials. Mixed or all-stam group comps were the norm for a long time. Back in early 2019 when I was in an all-mag TTT group, going all-mag was virtually unheard of and was considered to be anti-meta.

Yea, these days people mostly go in with mag, but that's largely because people by default use mag for everything. But there's nothing in HoF that punishes melee or stam, and if you watch an all-mag group run TTT, you'll notice that everyone's staying in melee range anyway.

And on top of not punishing stam/melee, HoF punishes mag with all the mag-drain mechanics and the final boss fight heavily favors stam when it comes to survivability because of their easy access to Major Evasion via blade cloak.

Yeah, I think it was after Halls that Finn started really punishing melee tactics. There for awhile, I remember a lot of Stam in Asylum and Cloudrest, but sometime after Summerset, the Stam damage got nerfed. I think the idea was to put stam in line with mag, but Stam was always harder to play, and by Sunspire, we were seeing deliberate anti-melee mechanics that meant running Stam was deliberately making your life harder for yourself, without any benefit. I mostly ducked out of raiding until after Greymoor (and my main guild kinda fizzled shortly after KA came out.)