The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Do you want a Mythic for one-bar builds?

Captain_OP
Captain_OP
✭✭✭
With the introduction of Mythics there is a great opportunity to add mythics for players which prefer one-bar builds. Please comment your opionen on this topic aswell.

Do you want a Mythic for one-bar builds? 69 votes

Yes
27%
xxslam48xxb14_ESOSeaUnicornJames-WayneEldartartenryutacmetzger93NserCaptain_OPOpalbladeLurgidBeanMelivarealdwinhuskandhungerYouyesuAuztinitoSauce_B055DormantOneoorarAnifaas 19 votes
No
52%
Stxdeleted221205-002626Jack-0VaohTyrion87The_LexNordSwordnBoardmeekmikoaaisoahoFakeFoxKingExecrationThe3sFinestcolossalvoidsMorganaBlueIronWooshutonyblacksionIVWyrd88ATomiX69Araneae6537 36 votes
Complicated (View Comment)
8%
DjennkupeacenoteVevvevRatarotoStyxiuslQrukl 6 votes
View Results
11%
DraxundBobby_V_RockitTornaadRaptorRodeoGodMudcrabAttackedward_frigidhandsWabanakiWarriorKilianDermoth 8 votes
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather they spent the time making bar swapping actually happen reliably when you try to bar swap.

Too many toons not enough time
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    I voted no, partly because I don't think one bar builds should be encouraged, but also because I can't imagine a way you would implement an item that would somehow buff a one bar setup and be balanced.

• Captain_OP
    Captain_OP
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Stx wrote: »
    I voted no, partly because I don't think one bar builds should be encouraged, but also because I can't imagine a way you would implement an item that would somehow buff a one bar setup and be balanced.

Truly difficult, i think the best way would be if it only adds major buffs. Like Crit and Weapon/Spell damage buff. This way one bar builds get more options for skills that can be used, because these buffs dont have to be in the skills. On the other hand they wouldnt get a advantage over two-bar builds.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can work but Mythics work wonders when you can split two sets across two bars with their buffs carrying over allowing you to have a mythic, 2 full sets, and a monster set at once.
    Edited by Vevvev on December 16, 2021 5:00PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather they spent the time making bar swapping actually happen reliably when you try to bar swap.

Been playing this game since Beta. While I could give you a list of complaints and bugs a mile long, this one simply isn't on the list. Never had an issue bar swapping. In my experience it is amazingly responsive.

To the OP, I have no interest in such an item, but I would not be opposed to an item that boosted stats or damage by a moderate amount or perhaps gave some major minor buffs (like Major Sorcery and Prophecy) but limited the player to one bar. It would have to be an insanely high number to impact meta builds (which I dont think they would do), so I see it basically as a way to raise the floor. If you play with one bar, you are firmly part of the floor.

Now do I think there should be a mythic that lets a one bar build pull 100k? No I do not.
  • Captain_OP
    Captain_OP
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    To the OP, I have no interest in such an item, but I would not be opposed to an item that boosted stats or damage by a moderate amount or perhaps gave some major minor buffs (like Major Sorcery and Prophecy) but limited the player to one bar. It would have to be an insanely high number to impact meta builds (which I dont think they would do), so I see it basically as a way to raise the floor. If you play with one bar, you are firmly part of the floor.

Now do I think there should be a mythic that lets a one bar build pull 100k? No I do not.

Totally agree with that, this is what i had in my mind!
  • tenryuta
    tenryuta
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    and here i am thinking since launch a good player only needs 1 bar, using the second for leveling skills on quest turn in or for quick changing role(tank/healer) when queuing for dungeon/WB/dolmen/storm, or rping as gandalf like sword/staff types, or classic rangers(sword/dual daggers/bow).
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    View Results
    I'd rather have one for people that don't like light attack weaving tbh
    Give all classes access to a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    One-bar builds can use any of the mythics already in-game. It is also impractical to make a mythic that requires a one-bar build.

That is why I voted no.
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    We already have mythics for one-bar builds: they are called Arena Weapons ^^
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Captain_OP wrote: »
    Stx wrote: »

Truly difficult, i think the best way would be if it only adds major buffs. Like Crit and Weapon/Spell damage buff. This way one bar builds get more options for skills that can be used, because these buffs dont have to be in the skills. On the other hand they wouldnt get a advantage over two-bar builds.

There's potions for that though...

Why waste an item slot on what you can get in a potion.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Ippokrates wrote: »

Were my initial thoughts exactly.
  • Captain_OP
    Captain_OP
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

But they doesnt give any advantage over using a second bar. Instead they give a advantage to use a second bar because the active effects carry over. Dont get me wrong, a one bar mythic shouldnt be meta competetive, like some one else said in this thread, it should raise the floor of dps and make the one bar life easier and more build flexible.
  • Zezin
    Zezin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Could work if it was something like the Death Dealers Fete where you would lose stacks if you changed bars, ultimately I'd be against it mostly due to how problematic it could be for PvP and because I'm against one bar builds.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tenryuta wrote: »
    and here i am thinking since launch a good player only needs 1 bar, using the second for leveling skills on quest turn in or for quick changing role(tank/healer) when queuing for dungeon/WB/dolmen/storm, or rping as gandalf like sword/staff types, or classic rangers(sword/dual daggers/bow).

Sub 50 that is not bad advice. While an experienced player could clear the vast majority of content with one bar builds, I have done VMA just for fun on a one bar sorc, good players are always going to take advantage of the second bar. Longer duration skills, ground dots, buffs/debuffs work much better from your back bar. That way you can build your front bar with your more frequently cast skills and passive skills like inner light or fighters guild skills to be sure when you are on your front bar, you are doing as much damage as possible with your more powerful instant cast skills (spammables, executes, etc).

Most experienced players will bar swap every 8-10 seconds at a minimum. On a dynamic rotation, it is much more frequent. Bar swapping is not subject to the Global Cooldowns of skills, so if done correctly, you can theoretically swap between every cast and never miss a beat.

I remember way back in the day when Liko was first coming on to the scene with advanced content. He did a 6 mil dummy parse, dont remember what the damage was but it was obnoxiously high for the time, I counted something like 85 bar swaps in what was probably a sub two minute parse.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One-bar builds and anything else can use whatever they want for their setups. It's how you build it. Mythics are no exception. You have 12 slots to use with only 1 bar, and how you use them is entirely up to you.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • PvP_Exploiter
    PvP_Exploiter
    ✭✭✭
    No
    You can already use every mythic that exists as they're only armour/jewelry.
  • MorganaBlue
    MorganaBlue
    ✭✭✭
    No
    no and <kek> at OP's username posting a one bar build poll. LOL
  • ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I think the issue you run into is, what mythic could constitute cutting in half the your options while playing. For me I cannot think of any alternative that could take the place of 5 more slots an a additional ultimate. I would not want this purely on the basis that it would be a trap for new players.
    Edited by ke.sardenb14_ESO on December 21, 2021 2:44PM
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Just give us one bar with 9 skills and a ultimate
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Captain_OP wrote: »

But they doesnt give any advantage over using a second bar. Instead they give a advantage to use a second bar because the active effects carry over. Dont get me wrong, a one bar mythic shouldnt be meta competetive, like some one else said in this thread, it should raise the floor of dps and make the one bar life easier and more build flexible.

That depends on weapon, because some are boosting skills only and some can provide carry over effects.

Honestly, that is quite good idea. In a way similar to Divinity 2 where you could select Lone Wolf trait that was active only in group of 2 and instead of passing game in team, you can do it solo or in two. This way player could chose if they want to play with two weapons, or they would prefer to cummulate effects under one bar. Really nice option.
    Edited by Ippokrates on December 24, 2021 7:41PM
  • DormantOne
    DormantOne
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Bar swapping isn't fun to me. I've pondered ways ZOS could make single bar play more attractive. But I can't give up wild hunt ring XD
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Considering a one-bar build does not lose anything more when choosing to use a mythic when compared to a two-bar build this is not an issue and there is nothing to add.

So I guess the responses of yes beg the question, what can be added that is specifically a one-bar mythic? Of course this mythic cannot benefit a two-bar build.
    Edited by Amottica on December 24, 2021 5:13AM
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd rather have one for people that don't like light attack weaving tbh

One, I agree with this comment.

I think having a way for one bar builds to potentially be BIS would dumb down the game, which it doesn't need.

However as someone who has repetitive stress injuries myself, I try to advocate for things that can make it easier for folks with injuries. Something that would help make no weaving or one bar more viable for these folks (myself included) would be great, but it shouldn't be so powerful that it becomes meta. Just viable enough so it's an option. Might be tough to walk that line and I would hate to see everyone switch to one bar builds or even avoid weaving as I know many enjoy the challenge.
    Edited by peacenote on December 24, 2021 2:25PM
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    Considering a one-bar build does not lose anything more when choosing to use a mythic when compared to a two-bar build this is not an issue and there is nothing to add.

So I guess the responses of yes beg the question, what can be added that is specifically a one-bar mythic? Of course this mythic cannot benefit a two-bar build.

Hmmm.... Maybe a Mythic that deals an AoE damage effect around the user in combat that scales up in damage much like how the Death Dealer's Fete scales to a maximum point after a minute in combat? So instead of basing that damage off whether you're in combat it's when you last bar swapped? So each time you bar swap it goes back to 0 damage a second and has to scale back up from there making you not wanna bar swap too often to make the most of it as the time to get it back to it's good range would take far too long.
    Edited by Vevvev on December 24, 2021 7:39PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • tenryuta
    tenryuta
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

so dps would run 9 dots and never stop pressing 123456789, or you using slotted/toggles in there too, cuz i dont remember seeing that many dots for stam or mag.... or play gw2 as thats where the layout comes from.
    Edited by tenryuta on December 25, 2021 4:32AM
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Been playing this game since Beta. While I could give you a list of complaints and bugs a mile long, this one simply isn't on the list. Never had an issue bar swapping. In my experience it is amazingly responsive.

Most of the times I've had problems involve skills with cast times. You can't swap until the cast is completely finished, which can be tricky to time well. I've also had problems in PvP situations where crowd control and break free lagging can also prevent swapping from happening when you expect it.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Amottica wrote: »

Hmmm.... Maybe a Mythic that deals an AoE damage effect around the user in combat that scales up in damage much like how the Death Dealer's Fete scales to a maximum point after a minute in combat? So instead of basing that damage off whether you're in combat it's when you last bar swapped? So each time you bar swap it goes back to 0 damage a second and has to scale back up from there making you not wanna bar swap too often to make the most of it as the time to get it back to it's good range would take far too long.

I do not think it is a good design to base the "proc' off just being in the game. That is essentially what the suggestion is since a one-bar build would never swap bars. I also doubt it would fly since the damage procs off merely being in the game.

Since none of the mythics are designed for a two-bar build I see no justification for a one-bar build. Heck, the example of the Death Dealer's Fete would work well for a one-bar build.
  • Rataroto
    Rataroto
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice to see class based ones though. Focusing on a skill that isn't strong and augmenting it. Example:

Nightblade's Mark Target - When the marked target dies, the ability is automatically cast on an enemy within a certain radius (not huge, just not point blank either, something around 25 meters; which is half the range of the original ability)
    Dragonknight's Molten Weapons - Light and Heavy attack damage applies stacks of 'Name stacks Plz'. At X ammount of stacks the target's armor is reduced by Y. You can stack the "armor melt" up to Z times.

Not any ideas for other classes since I don't really play the others much, but it would like a small augment to that skill (base skill). And the idea is to prioritize skills that are UNDERUSED, so no 'Surprise Attack', "Bitting Jabs', 'Molten Whip', 'Crystal Frags', etc. It's a way to bring these abilities to the forefront and be "build defining" even though the ability in on itself is a bit lackluster.
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    tenryuta wrote: »

so dps would run 9 dots and never stop pressing 123456789, or you using slotted/toggles in there too, cuz i dont remember seeing that many dots for stam or mag.... or play gw2 as thats where the layout comes from.

Now you have 10 slots on 2 bars - have you seen any build using 10 dots?

Even Drozakar Warden or my beloved Azure Templar do not use that many dots.