Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

What skills do you dislike because of how they look and sound?

• XomRhoK
    XomRhoK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dislike allmost all vampire skills after revamp. Only few morphs or unmorphed versions looks ok, but not more.
    I will repost my old post, from the end of Greymoor PTS, with little additions:

"For me it's a disaster. I start playing ESO, because of the possibility to play as a vamprie and "realistic" visual style of the game and vampire skills in particular. I waited 3.5 years for some vampire content which will suit my playstyle, some sets, skins, outfits, full skill line. But now, after the revamp, i am not only didn't recieve nothing valuable for me, but i lost what i had. This mainly concerns visuals of skills and their functionality, not numbers.
    - Eviscerate. Not very good visuals and sound. It looks more as if you are trying to paint a fence, not tear apart the enemy, and sound have absolutely no impact, it sounds like you always miss and hit the air, not render the flesh.
    - Blood Frenzy. Feels absolutely not vampiric for me, despite "Ticks all the boxes of what its like to be a vampire" statement of Rich Lambert in trailer. This skill fit more to some shaman, blood mage, demon, berserker, but not to vampire. Looks okish, but hard to see in fight. Activation sound like a hollow pipe.
    - Vampiric Drain. Halved damage, and so functionality of the skill. Awful new visuals, its not even looks like flow of the blood anymore, it looks like some sci-fi blaster, all starts to glows, target glows, player glows, main visuals glows, in dark environment it can even hurt your eyes. Sound also changed, now it include some unnecessary "boiled water" part.
    - Mesmerize. Normal skill, nothing very interesting, just a stun, maybe needed one. Don't like purple-pink colors part in visuals this colors and particles fit more for a Barbie doll, not for a vampire.
    - Mist Form. Elusive Mist pretty much the same, just some changes in color. Blood Mist, halved damage and heal jumping from useless to overpowered depending on situation. Visuals are too bright and too clearly defined circle on the ground, more like a puddle, not a mist.
    - Blood Scion. Tall, bulky, glowing Xivkyn or demon with horns, not a vampire, his stance and movements are human-like and he don't use his claws. Absolutly zero vampiric feel in him, while Bloodknight NPC and Vampire Lord NPC looks more like it should be. Bats in swarn around Scion now looks like they made of foil, they reflect red light all the time. Also strange "broken vase" sound in the moment of transformation.

Overall i don't like new more cartoony and flashy style of visuals for vampire skills, it's not League of Legends, don't like abundance of purple-pink colors in visuals, some visuals just completely out of place.
    All skills that i used before (Invigorating Drain, Baleful Mist, Devouring swarm) are gutted in damage or looks absolutly different, in a bad way. So after this revamp i don't want use any of vampire skill, because of aesthetic reasons.

Sad part for me is that numbers and even mechanics of skills can be changed, but visuals and sound stays here for a long time."
  • XomRhoK
    XomRhoK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also agree with people who wrote above on skills like Blade cloak, Molten weapon and so on. I don't like when skill too glowy and overlaps my weapon or outfit, and ruins aesthetics of my character.

Agree on necro skills. Tombstones out of nowhere are very silly and bad looking. Scythe looks bad also, too simple visuals of scythe and bad not impactful animation.

And i dislike overall approach that all skills of certain class must be in similar color scheme. For example all skills of vampires now have purple pink elements in them. Necro skills also all colored too similar. It's looks too forced and childish. Old vampire skills, for example, were all different in color schemes, but looked unique and very vampirish, so no one could confuse them with another skills.
  • Call_of_Red_Mountain
    Call_of_Red_Mountain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crystal fragments and snipe.
  • Eccentric_Vampire
    Eccentric_Vampire
    ✭✭✭
    The morphs of vampiric drain come to mind. While I don't use the skill outside of messing with my build, I refuse to morph it because both morphs look wrong.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XomRhoK wrote: »
    I dislike allmost all vampire skills after revamp. Only few morphs or unmorphed versions looks ok, but not more.
    I will repost my old post, from the end of Greymoor PTS, with little additions:

"For me it's a disaster. I start playing ESO, because of the possibility to play as a vamprie and "realistic" visual style of the game and vampire skills in particular. I waited 3.5 years for some vampire content which will suit my playstyle, some sets, skins, outfits, full skill line. But now, after the revamp, i am not only didn't recieve nothing valuable for me, but i lost what i had. This mainly concerns visuals of skills and their functionality, not numbers.
    - Eviscerate. Not very good visuals and sound. It looks more as if you are trying to paint a fence, not tear apart the enemy, and sound have absolutely no impact, it sounds like you always miss and hit the air, not render the flesh.
    - Blood Frenzy. Feels absolutely not vampiric for me, despite "Ticks all the boxes of what its like to be a vampire" statement of Rich Lambert in trailer. This skill fit more to some shaman, blood mage, demon, berserker, but not to vampire. Looks okish, but hard to see in fight. Activation sound like a hollow pipe.
    - Vampiric Drain. Halved damage, and so functionality of the skill. Awful new visuals, its not even looks like flow of the blood anymore, it looks like some sci-fi blaster, all starts to glows, target glows, player glows, main visuals glows, in dark environment it can even hurt your eyes. Sound also changed, now it include some unnecessary "boiled water" part.
    - Mesmerize. Normal skill, nothing very interesting, just a stun, maybe needed one. Don't like purple-pink colors part in visuals this colors and particles fit more for a Barbie doll, not for a vampire.
    - Mist Form. Elusive Mist pretty much the same, just some changes in color. Blood Mist, halved damage and heal jumping from useless to overpowered depending on situation. Visuals are too bright and too clearly defined circle on the ground, more like a puddle, not a mist.
    - Blood Scion. Tall, bulky, glowing Xivkyn or demon with horns, not a vampire, his stance and movements are human-like and he don't use his claws. Absolutly zero vampiric feel in him, while Bloodknight NPC and Vampire Lord NPC looks more like it should be. Bats in swarn around Scion now looks like they made of foil, they reflect red light all the time. Also strange "broken vase" sound in the moment of transformation.

Overall i don't like new more cartoony and flashy style of visuals for vampire skills, it's not League of Legends, don't like abundance of purple-pink colors in visuals, some visuals just completely out of place.
    All skills that i used before (Invigorating Drain, Baleful Mist, Devouring swarm) are gutted in damage or looks absolutly different, in a bad way. So after this revamp i don't want use any of vampire skill, because of aesthetic reasons.

Sad part for me is that numbers and even mechanics of skills can be changed, but visuals and sound stays here for a long time."

Agreed. I like how they finally gave us a vampire transformation, but it just looks alright. It compared to literally every other vampire transformation blows it away.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • LightningWitch
    LightningWitch
    ✭✭✭
    I dislike every single sound given to us in the melee combat skill lines. Rapid Strikes comes of as someone using toothbrushes against a wash board and make no sense whatsoever. The movie sound added "thwap" of the bow is irritating beyond words, and don't even get me started as I sit baffled wondering how using Steel Tornado generates any sound at all.

I get these are supposed to be audio cues our skills were fired off, but thanks to the (long overdue) skill counters, they're no longer needed.

Here's to hoping a future update allows us to silence skill sound effects on those we'd like rather than the "all or nothing" approach of nearly every option given to us is released.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stone Giant, for the reasons well known.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand the sound of activating Bound Aegis. It's like two metal poles banging up against each other.
    PC NA
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snipe - dead, then heard sound

Steak - stupid grunt they added
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jabs on Templar!
  • tenryuta
    tenryuta
    ✭✭✭
    Wow wrote: »
    All the necromancer's Summon skills.

i hate summons in ESO necromancer. Doesn't feel like an entity that you have summoned. Necromancer summons in ESO doesnt even have healthbar, their existence is ignored by the enemies, they are just "projectile" with delay

necromancer in eso is a sad case of identity crisis. no perm pet. every necromancer in games ive been playing usually have perma minion pets to fight with them. heck in skyrim you can have 2 permanent thrall. But in ESO, nope those skills already been taken by warden/sorcerer, so necromancer all you got is just 1 skeleton
    for a few seconds

In ESO, here play with 1 skeleton for 10 seconds. and 1 skeleton for less than that seconds. And a wraith. They dont feel like minions, but just regular delayed projectile spell but with skeleton as skins. If you get what I mean

100% this

the blastbones skill i can live with, but the skeleton mage and wraith are very disappointing, i think the reason they are the way they are was so the player could generate more corpses, but you honestly dont really need that many (blastbones usually provides enough and in better locations, as well as the bone armor)

easier solution, make corpse consumers use the summons if there are no corpses around, and give me a BB morph into skele knight/soldier
  • Opalblade
    Opalblade
    ✭✭✭
    The vampire transformation. It's like they took a vampire lord and thought "Hmm... How can we make this uglier?"
    I would have rather just kept the old bat swarm tbh.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Opalblade wrote: »
    The vampire transformation. It's like they took a vampire lord and thought "Hmm... How can we make this uglier?"
    I would have rather just kept the old bat swarm tbh.

You and me both...

Functionality it's amazing, but the appearance is trash. Doesn't even look cool and ugly... Just ugly.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • vankuiser
    vankuiser
    Soul Shriven
    bone armor. it looks so ugly that I swapped to balance just to not see those bones
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assassins Will/Merciles Resolve - the sound is far to loud, the delay is far to big or to small - make it whole 1s delay or none, so burst can be reliable or lined up.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • captainwolfos
    captainwolfos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arterial Burst. It literally looks like just a reskin of one of the DK skills and it's really underwhelming. I don't care how much damage you say it's doing, it looks and feels like I'm wiping something off my staff onto an enemy's face.
    Enemy of Boob Plates
    For the Covenant! For the High King!
    Solo Player | PVEer | Not caring about PVP since 1992
    Spill some blood for me, dear brother
  • Kiyonami
    Kiyonami
    ✭✭✭
    Animation cancelling, looks really bad

^ This.
    P.S. I would like to have the option to reduce the intensity of the effects of the skills of other players by 50-70% less