Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

What skills do you dislike because of how they look and sound?

• francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    I dislike Hypnosis since the flowers are not as pronounced as Stupefy. Also I really like the look of Sated Fury's blood effects over Simmering Frenzy's constantly growing darkness effect on the arms.

Also Vampiric Drain is absolute trash when it comes to it's visuals. Just.... Just look at this. What was once cool is now either too blinding to use (base version), looks ugly (Drain Vigor), or is too orange and still blinding (Exhilarating Drain).
    20211128201911_1.jpg

20211128202034_1.jpg

20211128202115_1.jpg

omg it looks like puke with blood , i didn't know it was this bad
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Oy. The only thing I care about is killing something when I'm forced to do so. Animations? How spells look? You've GOT to be kidding....

Yeah, as I've said before, I've honestly no idea what most of the combat animations my character does look like. I'm too busy paying attention to the combat to see that an animation isn't "fluid" or canceled or whatever.

I mean, sure, I notice the large-scale basic stuff - like the one Warden spell being a wave in the ground, or the other being a bird flying down - but the exact details of it all? Nah.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I drown out the game's sounds with either sirius xm or youtube on the other monitor. Most of it is just background noise to me, even companions random speech I ignore most of the time, don't realize they're talking at all until I look at my chat log. It'll be skills with stupid functionality that makes me not want to use them, not their visual or sounds. Beckoning Armor morph for example I hate because in order for it to pull targets to you it has to immobilize you for 0.5 second, you cannot move when it makes a pull which is a reason I don't want to use it.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boneyard - Come on, you're summoning Gravestones. Is this a comic relief or something?

I don't really mind the aesthetics of Boneyard, but one of the main reasons I stopped playing my Necro regularly was the fact that the gravestone animations interfered with looting (on PS4, at least).
  • bruta
    bruta
    ✭✭✭✭
    Green Dragon Blood, it's ridiculous
  • LilouAndJohn
    Sorc summons. Please give us a matte black skin that sucks our eyes out and gently rinses them in nightly Coldharbour water.
    Eclectic heterodox shadowband creating music for introspective dissent in Elden Root.
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elemental Weapons
    'Schling Schling'
    *guts fish animation*
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do not like cloak because of how it looks and I think it is to quiet.
  • Dragonlord573
    Dragonlord573
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inferno.

Wish it never was changed.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now, it is kinda weird that you can summon literal demons from oblivion, and nobody bats an eye, but I guess necromancy is just supposed to be seen as more "wicked", because you are toying with spirits of former living beings, maybe?

Yes, and it's accurate to lore. There's nothing illegal or bad about conjuring daedra or things from other planes. Except in a few places like Summerset.
    Some people might feel a bit wary if a mage does it near them or in the middle of a town among civilians, especially more powerful daedra, but it's a common practice for magic users in Elder Scrolls. Messing with people's souls and bodies on the other hand is a much different matter and is considered vile and a horrible thing to do.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromaner's, well, everything. I loathe the look with a passion. The scythe, the throwing skulls, the graveyard!. Did I suddenly end up in Diablo or a Disney movie instead of Elder Scrolls?

Sorcerer's pets. Can we please get some skins to these? I'd love me some conjured scamp but the old texture is so awful.Also I'd like a fire atronach skin for one of them and other types of common summons.
    Hurricane. By having a stamsorc I see this a lot, and I don't like the look. It could tone down a bit, especially with the effect of making my character all transparent and glowy.

Warden's animals. Some skins would be good here too. Cliffracers, shalks and netch works well for a dunmer or someone from Morrowind, which is an odd choice for the class which is related to Y'ffre. But for character from other provinces not so much. Then it's randomly a bear too. What was the thought there? Some very classic Morrowind themed animals then a bear.

Dragon knight's dragon blood. Why?

I'm sure there is more, I just can't think of them right now. I also still use these skills, I just don't like them.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on December 16, 2021 5:45AM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hate molten weapons because it covers up whatever weapon style I am using.

The one that covers my arms with ice is annoying. But sometimes I'll use the /cold or /colder emotes to be funny.

The blood globe that explodes. I'm not sure if it's an involuntary effect or people just love to conjure it ALL THE TIME.
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden:
    - Lotus Blossom. It's a bit too fairy-esque. As a side note when warden has been announced I expected him to get a totem skill like the one used by NPC shamans in the game. But then we saw the skills and while I mostly been satisfied with them the Lotus Blossom was the thing that I didn't like because of the visuals. I wish we had the totem to get the same buffs to replace the Lotus, maybe even give the crit buff to all the allies within the totem effect radius? That's my dream.
    - The Netch. It's kinda weird to have the netch when you play not a Dunmer/Morrowind character. Like, why would an Altmer or a Nord summon a netch? This similar issue with "wrong region, wrong fauna" also relates to all of the warden companions actually, but the netch is the most significant one.
    Necromancer:
    - Frozen Colossus. That thing is definitely too huge for no reason, that's for sure.
    Templar:
    - Puncturing strikes (the Jabs). Sounds and animations are weird and silly. You can say for sure why people call this skill a Toothpick.
    - Nova. Too flashy. Can't see anything inside that thing.
    Bow:
    - All the sounds of all skills are not my piece of cake. It feels like I use a children toy instead of a real bow. Silly whistle sounds. The solution could be to tone down them a bit maybe.
    Dual wield:
    - Flurry (the main spammable). Similar to the Templar's jabs. Although it's kinda fine for a rogue style skill, but still feels not good. Especially if you don't use daggers but axes or swords instead, in this case the skill animations and sounds are just completely out of place.
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • tenryuta
    tenryuta
    ✭✭✭
    all summon skills, either its fast hand raise(mobs do it slow mightily) or stretch arms in a weird way, few animations that look good:crippling grasp(and other low 'push'/cast spells), imbue... yup the skill that should be a toggle is awesome looking.. but imbue>LA>imbue>LA is... meh.

most bow skills(no variance for distance, GOTTA AIM HIGH), only sneak HA looks good, and more angled bow draw depending on skill.
  • Rasande_Robin
    Rasande_Robin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sub-assault... The whole idea of buggs spawning and exploding... It's like a dad asking their kid for a deadline project. I need an animation for something that have a delayed in line damage effect.

PS. make something cool instead of all these transparent effect abilities...
    PC/EU: Orcana "something"-stone
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    I dislike Hypnosis since the flowers are not as pronounced as Stupefy. Also I really like the look of Sated Fury's blood effects over Simmering Frenzy's constantly growing darkness effect on the arms.

Also Vampiric Drain is absolute trash when it comes to it's visuals. Just.... Just look at this. What was once cool is now either too blinding to use (base version), looks ugly (Drain Vigor), or is too orange and still blinding (Exhilarating Drain).
    20211128201911_1.jpg

20211128202034_1.jpg

20211128202115_1.jpg

omg it looks like puke with blood , i didn't know it was this bad

Functions just as bad as it looks to. If it's meant for squishy people it scales off missing health, and if it's for tanks it's channeled and can't be block casted. Without that stun on it the ability truly is terrible both visually and functionally.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the exaggerated animation of Force Pulse or the soggy “flomph” of Flame Clench. In general, I find most flame spells in ESO to be uncharacteristically subtle, considering how flamboyant TES Fireballs usually are. I like my flame spells loud and flashy, give me a Meteor any day.

And Crystal Frags. No one likes that animation, right? It’s a bit better now as it’s a little quicker, thankfully.
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the "sksssh, skhsss, skhsssh" sound of having full resources but skills not firing as I realize I have just been desynced......
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »

The one that covers my arms with ice is annoying. But sometimes I'll use the /cold or /colder emotes to be funny.

The blood globe that explodes. I'm not sure if it's an involuntary effect or people just love to conjure it ALL THE TIME.

THe blood globe is the proc for hollowfang which your healer is wearing to keep you alive.

The icy arms is the damage shield your warden healer is casting to again, keep you alive.
    Edited by SpiritKitten on December 15, 2021 5:56PM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's the proc for hollowfang which your healer is wearing to keep you alive.

And restore Magicka.
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ermiq wrote: »
    Warden:

- Flurry (the main spammable). Similar to the Templar's jabs. Although it's kinda fine for a rogue style skill, but still feels not good. Especially if you don't use daggers but axes or swords instead, in this case the skill animations and sounds are just completely out of place.

This is one of my favorite skill animations in the game and I love to use it. Stabby stab stab!
    Edited by SpiritKitten on December 15, 2021 5:58PM
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I used to wear Ilambris on my lightning magsorc. When they added the flame effect to it I immediately took it off. I was SO disappointed that they ruined my lightning theme. I had lightning storms going off everywhere and it was a blast to play. I was actually pretty angry about it and could not understand why would they do this??
  • GetAgrippa
    GetAgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragon blood and morphs. That's an awfully dramatic animation for a little health recovery. And it makes whatever cosmetic decisions you've made for your toon moot, because you just end up a dark transparent blob with a huge heart. It's cool looking at first but eventually it just gets annoying.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

THe blood globe is the proc for hollowfang which your healer is wearing to keep you alive.

The icy arms is the damage shield your warden healer is casting to again, keep you alive.

No need to keep me alive when we are just standing around, but boy do they sure loooove to keep doing it.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No need to keep me alive when we are just standing around, but boy do they sure loooove to keep doing it.

They don't really have a choice honestly. When the set is equipped it just works.

(5 items) Whenever you critically heal or critically damage a target, spawn a ball of Hemoglobin at their location. After 2 seconds the ball explodes, restoring 1750 Magicka and applying Minor Vitality to you and your group members within 6 meters of the ball for 9 seconds, increasing their healing received by 8%. This effect can occur once every 9 seconds.
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What is annoying is ppl spamming the frost cloak damage shield at the outfit station. I get ANGRY.
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    The sound with Solar Barrage. I find it unnerving, even if the skill is definitely useful.
    Also, the Matriarch should be somehow less visually intrusive.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow wrote: »
    All the necromancer's Summon skills.

i hate summons in ESO necromancer. Doesn't feel like an entity that you have summoned. Necromancer summons in ESO doesnt even have healthbar, their existence is ignored by the enemies, they are just "projectile" with delay

necromancer in eso is a sad case of identity crisis. no perm pet. every necromancer in games ive been playing usually have perma minion pets to fight with them. heck in skyrim you can have 2 permanent thrall. But in ESO, nope those skills already been taken by warden/sorcerer, so necromancer all you got is just 1 skeleton
    for a few seconds

In ESO, here play with 1 skeleton for 10 seconds. and 1 skeleton for less than that seconds. And a wraith. They dont feel like minions, but just regular delayed projectile spell but with skeleton as skins. If you get what I mean

100% this

the blastbones skill i can live with, but the skeleton mage and wraith are very disappointing, i think the reason they are the way they are was so the player could generate more corpses, but you honestly dont really need that many (blastbones usually provides enough and in better locations, as well as the bone armor)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reading this post makes me not want to play this game anymore :(
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dislike blade cloak to the point that I won’t use it even if it would be a good choice for a build.

Trapping Webs disappointed me because it summons hoarvers and not spiders. I would have loved to make a spider-themed character.

I would much prefer that the nightblade shade skill be silent; first, because it’s a shadow and second, because it’s really weird that the shade is somehow male regardless of character gender.

Several of the necromancer skills seem weird to me, especially boneyard. I also dislike abilities that have you sprout stuff out of your back, etc. That’s the majority of the reason why Dragonknight is the only class I haven’t yet gotten to level 50.

I don’t get transformation ults except for werewolves. I put a lot of time and care into how my characters look and don’t want to transform them into some ugly behemoth. Should a necromancer be able to call forth a bone colossus? They don’t become one. The vampire ult is also really ugly and I don’t know why it’s even a thing. The only transformation I associate with vampires is turning into a bat (and Darkshade Caverns II has a vampire appear in a swarm of bats which is cool).
    Edited by Araneae6537 on December 15, 2021 10:12PM