Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

What skills do you dislike because of how they look and sound?

francesinhalover
francesinhalover
✭✭✭✭✭
I really dislike blade cloak, it looks like flying chicken feathers.
if theres lagg you wont see it's effects, sometimes it glitches with hurricane.

Psijic crushing weapon skill , such a boring sound , and it's animations...i just dislike them.

Crystal weapon is a reskin of psijic spammable i dislike. It sucks that it is so strong. I main sorc but a part of me dislikes playing sorce because of this skill. The skill also looks meh.

Sorcerer conjured clanfear i love the appearance but dislike how outdated it's textures are

Twilight matriarch triggers bad things in my head i didn't even know i had.
Edited by francesinhalover on December 15, 2021 12:58PM
I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh. I never pay any attention to that stuff, sorry.
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the necromancer's Summon skills.

i hate summons in ESO necromancer. Doesn't feel like an entity that you have summoned. Necromancer summons in ESO doesnt even have healthbar, their existence is ignored by the enemies, they are just "projectile" with delay

necromancer in eso is a sad case of identity crisis. no perm pet. every necromancer in games ive been playing usually have perma minion pets to fight with them. heck in skyrim you can have 2 permanent thrall. But in ESO, nope those skills already been taken by warden/sorcerer, so necromancer all you got is just 1 skeleton
    for a few seconds

In ESO, here play with 1 skeleton for 10 seconds. and 1 skeleton for less than that seconds. And a wraith. They dont feel like minions, but just regular delayed projectile spell but with skeleton as skins. If you get what I mean
    Edited by Wow on December 15, 2021 3:35AM
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not 100% sure it's actually slower than other gap closers, but Empowering Chains certainly feels slow because of the 2-part animation.
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. I really like this game, but to be honest, every single combat animation for the character itself feels...so uninspired? I suppose I dislike any mage skills the most, due to the absence of truly good character animations. The character just repeatedly pokes at the enemy and its just... =_=; The skill animations themselves aren't terrible, but I've always felt many of them aren't interesting enough either. The skill effects fall flat for me due to the absence of flowing character animations. (I loved the animations and skill effects in Aion for Sorcerer. I loved Blade x Soul's warlock animations as well. Flashy, elegant, but not overdone. Gods, if we could have those in this game...)
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oy. The only thing I care about is killing something when I'm forced to do so. Animations? How spells look? You've GOT to be kidding....
  • lauykanson
    lauykanson
    ✭✭✭
    Channelled acceleration has a really *** charging up animation
  • auz
    auz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chucking birds. Throwing skulls. Poop rock. Delete them all from the game.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like all the animations. None stand out as bad and some look cool, like Bone Collosus.
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    twilight matriarch
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For some reason I don’t mind my main’s endless hail but when other players spam it while waiting for world bosses, it sounds so terrible. It’s like a completely different sound then that is louder and more piercing.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampire Drain spell. Aren’t you supposed to be draining their blood? Not Sunny Delight.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow wrote: »

i hate summons in ESO necromancer. Doesn't feel like an entity that you have summoned. Necromancer summons in ESO doesnt even have healthbar, their existence is ignored by the enemies, they are just "projectile" with delay

necromancer in eso is a sad case of identity crisis. no perm pet. every necromancer in games ive been playing usually have perma minion pets to fight with them. heck in skyrim you can have 2 permanent thrall. But in ESO, nope those skills already been taken by warden/sorcerer, so necromancer all you got is just 1 skeleton
    for a few seconds

In ESO, here play with 1 skeleton for 10 seconds. and 1 skeleton for less than that seconds. And a wraith. They dont feel like minions, but just regular delayed projectile spell but with skeleton as skins. If you get what I mean

I've said this since the beginning.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Animation cancelling, looks really bad
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twilight Matriarch.
  • Mushroomancer
    Mushroomancer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will agree, blade cloak looks like crap, I guess it DOES look like a bunch of razors around your character, which I think is what's supposed to be, but it just looks silly.

I also don't like most skills that apply visual effects to weapons, like igneous weapons, or the warden lotus flower. The effects just look plain bad, it seems like it's just a texture lazily applied over the weapon.

The sorc summons look kinda bad too, but I guess that's mostly because they're using outdated models and textures, I do really like the sound the Daedric Mines make when you set them down, however, same as Elemental Weapon.

for a few seconds

I sort of feel like they did this because they really wanted to push the whole "summoning corpses and spirits is a crime", so, of course you can't have those summons follow you around because you'd be aggroing guards all over the place.
    Now, it is kinda weird that you can summon literal demons from oblivion, and nobody bats an eye, but I guess necromancy is just supposed to be seen as more "wicked", because you are toying with spirits of former living beings, maybe?
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Oy. The only thing I care about is killing something when I'm forced to do so. Animations? How spells look? You've GOT to be kidding....

Why are you even commenting on it then, if you have nothing to say about it? It's not like the thread is advocating for prioritizing audiovisual changes to skills over performance changes.
    PC | EU 1600+ CP

Chews-On-Shrooms - Argonian (EP) | Healer Warden
    I know I have a problem, leave me alone:

Nirya Urayel - Altmer (EP) | Healer/Magicka Templar
    Ulen Favel - Dunmer (EP) | Magicka Nightblade
    Anise Favel - Dunmer (EP) | Magicka Dragonknight
    Vivienne Rielle - Breton (EP) | Hybrid Healer/Magicka Necromancer
    Gaspar Rielle - Breton (DC) | Magicka Sorcerer
    Ulfgar the Foul - Nord (EP) | Tank Necromancer
    Plays-With-Chains - Argonian (EP) | Tank Dragonknight
    Sonje the Wild - Nord (EP) | Tank Warden
    Brutus Lovidicus - Imperial (EP) | Tank Nightblade
    Velms Ienith - Dunmer (EP) | Tank Sorcerer
    Cassius Lanius - Imperial (EP) | Tank/Stamina Templar
    Shakar-gro-Khazgur - Orc (DC) | Stamina Dragonknight
    Liette Nightwind - Bosmer (AD) | Stamina Nightblade
    Ja'khar the Salty - Khajiit (EP) | Stamina Necromancer
    Saadia al-Tava - Redguard (EP) | Stamina Sorcerer
    Gwinas Hemp-Burner - Bosmer (EP) | Stamina Warden
    Grand Master Crafter, All Dungeon HM up to Stonethorn, vCrag HM, vDSA, vMA, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vHOF HM, vAS+2, Gryphon Heart, vBRP, vSS HM (Extinguisher of Flames),
    vKA HM (Shield of the North), vRG 1/3HM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dislike Hypnosis since the flowers are not as pronounced as Stupefy. Also I really like the look of Sated Fury's blood effects over Simmering Frenzy's constantly growing darkness effect on the arms.

Also Vampiric Drain is absolute trash when it comes to it's visuals. Just.... Just look at this. What was once cool is now either too blinding to use (base version), looks ugly (Drain Vigor), or is too orange and still blinding (Exhilarating Drain).
    20211128201911_1.jpg

20211128202034_1.jpg

20211128202115_1.jpg
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its less how the skill sounds, but how my character sounds when she jabs. And she jabs a.lot.

Harrgh! Heyarggyh!! Haargh!!
    Soupy twist
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Boneyard - Come on, you're summoning Gravestones. Is this a comic relief or something?
    There are some cool NPC animations/ skills which they could have used instead of this.

Imbue Weapons - as the sound is so annoying.

Eviscerate - is audio-visually underwhelming.
  • Succuby
    Succuby
    ✭✭✭
    Stone Giant - bad DK skill designed.

Like animation, do not like how they rework it. With just range spammable it was good, but adding first cast aoe ... make skill useless for me.
  • WraithShadow13
    WraithShadow13
    ✭✭✭✭
    The vampire ult, Scion.

I love everything about it EXCEPT the transformation. I didn't like it in skyrim, and i think it feels cheapened here, since it's clearly just a reskin of the Necro ult. I miss my Bat Swarm ult, but i just can't do it because of that transformation...
  • Amethyst_Unearthed
    Amethyst_Unearthed
    ✭✭✭
    Mines not at all a skill BUT the bear and the big jacked up mount animations make me feel physically ill.... no joke unless im on my 30" tv then its just highly anoying... only thing that gets me at all tbh.

XBOX ONE PLAYER
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Boneyard - Come on, you're summoning Gravestones. Is this a comic relief or something?
    There are some cool NPC animations/ skills which they could have used instead of this.

yeah, sounds kind of petty, but this skill in particular really puts me off from playing necro. Same with scythe, which could have had a different, less ?? ''essence draining'' visual instead of the scythe.
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher

BLACK HAIR FOR ALTMER PLEASE (hair color cosmetic pack)
  • Sheridan
    Sheridan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dark Conversion. It looks very silly now when you can move while casting it (you could not originally), with the whole clumsy structure of protruding stone chunks around you moving with your character. The animation clearly was not meant for movement. Make it look like I siphon energy from the air around me or something (like Psijiic meditation, for example).

Also it's not a skill, but I've never used Slimecraw set just because of irritating constant red flashing.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a skill in that sense, but I really dislike that silly cheering while fishing...
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snipe sounds like someone is whipping you in the ass with a wet towel.
    Forcepulse looks like a thick blue stripe. It doesn't look like this skill is similar to the elemental destruction magic.
    Matriarch.
    PC/EU
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Uh. I never pay any attention to that stuff, sorry.

How do you INGORE it, is my question, because the inability to turn off all the overly shiny flashy obnoxious aoe spam has been a thorn in my side since start!

Hate ALL of it. Have actually relogged to another class when the guilds nRan crew landed with 3 templars --- my eyes don't need that :/
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say a lot have to do with necro for me. Especially Boneyard, gosh it's so bad. Not sure if it was actually serious skill idea but it's... Underwhelming to say the least. Beam ones would be right after. And that's class I was excited for, can't seriously play this miserable joke still.

Clearly they've liked Diablo 3 necro colour scheme and skills but got it all so wrong I don't even know if they're tried.

Also skills casting with hands while we have weapons mandatory is pretty bad when even weapons don't go on the back (like on sorcerer hardcasting c-frag), yet again they probably didn't even cared and had some image in mind whilst implementation team wasn't aware of it in a slightest. A pity.

Upd: just remembered shalks, it's also an example of an idea that was implemented poorly. Skill itself feels good and impacting but when you actually pay attention to the bug itself it's going same route as a boneyard for me lol.
    Edited by colossalvoids on December 15, 2021 11:20AM
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Scamp.

If only we had skins for sorcs summons...
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭

for a few seconds

100% agree summons are the reason i play warden and sorcerer. I just love having a monster helping me around together with my companion
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That awful netch that follows the warden about everywhere, its such an overladed skill there is no getting away from it.
    And it stinks