Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

vCastle Thorn Lady Thorn mega bat swarm bug Xbox EU

inhumangalaxy39
inhumangalaxy39
Soul Shriven
The circle was bugging out and only moving for the tank so couldn't see where to run to. Could see health going down when in the frozen green circle (during the invincible stage). Circle would start moving but then suddenly seem to stop on screen when others could still see it moving. We were all seeing the circle stop at different times in different places. Reloading UI didn't work. Xbox series X.
  • Asileth
    Asileth
    ✭✭✭
    Had the exact same issue. It was only bugged for me (healer). Not the other 3. It would just stop moving, and then suddenly speed up, fly to new location. Stay in place, and then fly across the room to new location. Vet HM, and vet regular (we finished on regular vet)

Reload UI and Logging in and out did not fix it

I later did this on my dps on normal, and exact same issue.

PC NA

R1vLiGr.jpg
    E'lisel

Join Remnants of Hope. With ESO, FF XIV GW2, NW, SWTOR & WoW divisions, numerous other games played together - the ONLY gaming community you will ever need. Founded 12 years ago, a stable family friendly community that is focused on tolerance, respect for all walks of life and fun for everyone, together!
  • SteamKitten01
    SteamKitten01
    ✭✭✭
    I've also had this issue on PCNA the last few times I've attempted HM. I think I'm following the circle only to realize I'm taking a ton of damage and in a totally different area of the room than the rest of the group. I've managed to clear non-HM by hugging the rest of the group and just trusting that they're standing in the right spots but it's just aggravating when you know the mechanics but the circles just won't display correctly.
    SteamKitten01- GM of The Traveling Torchbug (PC/NA)
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same on Xbox NA. I can usually solo this fight but it was nearly impossible this past weekend since the circle wasn't moving properly. Pretty much always dying to the swarm with no way to counter it.
  • HushAzrael
    HushAzrael
    ✭✭✭
    Ps5 NA… horrifically broken here too.
  • Antis3n1l
    Antis3n1l
    ✭✭
    Also happens on PCEU, normal/veteran/veteran hardmode
  • Scoutrider
    It used to work fine for me, but lately with the circle not properly representing the safe zone, it's just luck if you stay out of the bat swarm. For me the circle stops moving, and I have to follow group members. It's been bugging out every time now.
  • Asileth
    Asileth
    ✭✭✭
    Still bugged, ran this again tonight with my healer (see above post) and exact issue. We made one attempt at hard mode and of course had to give it up to my having this bug. Finished the dungeon on regular vet. This is the *only* hardmode dungeon I'm missing. Please fix this :(

EDIT: PCNA
    Edited by Asileth on December 21, 2021 6:15AM
    E'lisel

Join Remnants of Hope. With ESO, FF XIV GW2, NW, SWTOR & WoW divisions, numerous other games played together - the ONLY gaming community you will ever need. Founded 12 years ago, a stable family friendly community that is focused on tolerance, respect for all walks of life and fun for everyone, together!
  • Skinfaxe_DK
    I experienced the same issue yesterday evening in vet Castle Thorn (PC EU).

I only affected me in our group (magsorc DPS) and seemed to be completely unrelated to lag etc.

Sometimes, it would start out normally and the circle would move, but then quickly freeze. Other times the circle just remained in place.

In both scenarios, the circle would eventually correct itself until we pushed the boss and the swarm started again.

We did some investigation in the group (all 4 of us were on discord together) and it seemed to be related to the mechanics somehow - whenever I picked up a scamp-synergy, the circle would correct itself and move normally (it had to be me who picked up the scamp). We think that the add that spawns when the swarm starts, may be what triggers the "freeze" but we are not sure.

A different possibility is skill proc (crystal frag proc in my case).
    If I had a proc at the ready when the circle spawned, it never started moving (until I picked up a scamp) other times it would freeze right after we engaged the add (it started out normally but than froze) - perhaps I triggered a crystal frag proc(?).
    Another related observation is; because I was ranged DPS (the other DD was a stamplar), I was consistency the first to hit the add as it spawns??

Again, we aren't sure exactly what might cause the freeze and why it only affected me...

The most consistent thing was me picking up a scamp-synergy - this seemed to correct the circle every time, but again, a lot of stuff is happening during the swarm and we naturally couldn't test this in a consistent manner.
  • Tarkasion
    Tarkasion
    Soul Shriven
    Still no fix in sight ! (PC EU)

Buggs all the time for me. No matter the class or the role. The circle is freezing every now and then.
    Tarkasion
  • HushAzrael
    HushAzrael
    ✭✭✭
    This has been broken as heck FOREVER!! It was broken for me on ps4. Now still broken on ps5. I’ve done TWO fresh installs, deleted all my saved game data, dropped all my quests, etc. Etc. Nothing helps, and it does it on multiple characters. Please for the love of all things, fix this dungeon!!
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been hitting this bug for months now. It makes v Castle Thorn almost unplayable (completely unplayable if the circle is static for everyone!). I've reported it as a bug through the game at least 3 times now.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Posting because I've encountered this issue on PC NA @ZOS_GinaBruno . Apparently this has been a problem for at least 6 months now?
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • croakie
    croakie
    ✭✭✭
    As of today still an issue @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Pascale_Patriot
    Pascale_Patriot
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue today PS5NA
  • hurry143
    hurry143
    ✭✭
    Same issue today PC-NA. I've encountered this bug pretty much every time Castle Thorn is the pledge.

8 months now...