Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS PLEASE TELL US WHAT IS GOING ON WITH PERFORMANCE

BlakMarket
BlakMarket
✭✭✭✭
Zos needs to have this conversation with its community, at-least some sort of dialog. Played nearly daily for 3 years, performance is at by far at its worst now, even with low pop its unplayable.
  • Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New servers are coming...at sometime in the future. After this everything will be just fine ;)
    TherealHämähäkki
  • EmperorIl
    EmperorIl
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can literally have a ping of 70 and still get ability lag....that's broken.
  • DjinnAeternam
    DjinnAeternam
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that players experience game breaking performance, and still play after "X" years is already the answer why ZoS won't never fix it.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought loading screens could not get any longer.

I was wrong.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    As they ignore the problem, people further lower the expectations. Let's be honest. How many people actual expect them to do anything anymore?
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vizirith wrote: »
    As they ignore the problem, people further lower the expectations. Let's be honest. How many people actual expect them to do anything anymore?

This is why we have to judge based upon results and not promises. The results of any efforts they may or may not be making are nil in terms of improving performance. Performance keeps getting worse and worse while at the same time pop caps keep getting lowered, which is creating toxicity, making it easy to game the low pop bonus etc.

At some point they really should try investing in servers that can handle the load the game creates. It's the only test they haven't tried.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    I thought loading screens could not get any longer.

I was wrong.

Agreed. And that's after they promised reduced loading times on multiple occasions.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Performance still bad?

Darn, i thought 1 year of hibernation would be enough to come back.

Ok, back to my cryo tube
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭
    I imagine they're busy doing other things like updating graphics on stuff like dark convergence so that it causes more desync.
  • edward_frigidhands
    edward_frigidhands
    ✭✭✭✭
    People need to unsubscribe in order to make their voice heard.
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭

People who are unhappy with performance absolutely should unsubscribe. But, don't do so thinking it will make any kind of difference.

Improving performance, especially in cyrodiil, requires a significant financial investment that ZOS has proven they are not willing to make.
    Edited by AJones43865 on December 1, 2021 1:31AM
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    The fact that players experience game breaking performance, and still play after "X" years is already the answer why ZoS won't never fix it.

I'd settle for "wont never" in this case. B) (double negative there)
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People who are unhappy with performance absolutely should unsubscribe. But, don't do so thinking it will make any kind of difference.

Improving performance, especially in cyrodiil, requires a significant financial investment that ZOS has proven they are not willing to make.

Agreed. Making subscription numbers decline isn't going to make them invest more in an aging game. It may, however, cause them to redirect more funds to their newer, more profitable projects. The only thing that may motivate them to do better is if their reputation as a gaming company continues to take enough hits to the point that consumers will not invest in their products due to their corporate image in that regard.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And yet they've likely wasted more money trying to find a work around than they would've gained by just fixing it.
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭

And yet they've likely wasted more money trying to find a work around than they would've gained by just fixing it.

I'm not convinced they ever tried to fix performance in any meaningful way. They tried a lot of work arounds and tweaks, put customers through hell, but they've never tried fixing the core of the problem as far as we know. At any rate, there is no obvious outward evidence they've genuinely made an effort to fix performance issues in cyrodiil.
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not convinced they ever tried to fix performance in any meaningful way. They tried a lot of work arounds and tweaks, put customers through hell, but they've never tried fixing the core of the problem as far as we know. At any rate, there is no obvious outward evidence they've genuinely made an effort to fix performance issues in cyrodiil.

That was my point. They've spent so much time and money doing these AOE tests, playing with proc sets, etc to little effect while alienating their customers. They probably would've saved more time and money in the long run by just investing in the server infrastructure and reaping the subs of satisfied players.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin please notice this!
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garbage is garbage even if they present it wrapped in promises of better.
    Edited by Minnesinger on December 4, 2021 6:10PM
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone experiencing the problems with the fast turns in fights? If I turn fast it sometimes freezes my screen and kicks me out of the game.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • BlossomDead
    BlossomDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I am trying to play now and large fights are completely out of sync (PC EU). We walk among each other like friends, you don't see any abilities triggering on time.

Sometimes I have to give up siegeing or defending for this very reason.

Everyone complains of the same issue in zone chat too.
    Edited by BlossomDead on December 5, 2021 9:31PM
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there some sort of communication gap between dev and players ?
  • baselinestun
    baselinestun
    ✭✭
    tick tock ZOS, time is running out and all we get is silence :/
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    The game breaking lag is induced by the devices used for cheating (yep running scripts that use abilities for you is cheating), new servers won’t solve that. ZOS will never ever talk about cheating going on because that would be an acknowledgement its happening and then they would either have to counter it (and they don’t have the tech and know how) or acknowledge they cant and that would either kill the game or open the flood gates.
  • McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure, as proven via live stream, that they're more interested in exploiting their way through their own content while complaining about people questioning ethics of theoretical exploitation of new players and the abundant allocation of resources to a smooth crown store function than they are in addressing performance issues in cyrodiil and pvp in general. Mind you, these performance issues are now heavily creeping into pve as well.

Although maybe they don't notice the performance issues on the pve side since they exploit past the fight mechanics themselves anyways. (Proven on live stream. Seen by many many many people.)

So there's that.

Btw, didn't a bunch of people get banned recently for exploiting some veteran encounters?

I'm sure everyone means well and they(he) may not have realized it and it's impact during the current climate.... But this one is a hard one to move past.
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think we are going to get much by the way of any serious performance fixes. Clearly they are content with how it runs and the size of the player base, although they nerfed cap from 100 to 80 so maybe they are content with even fewer players than we have now.

Realistically speaking eso pvp has probably passed its peak and as time goes on and more new pvp focused games come out, the player base will continue to drop. Based on the massive drop in population when NW was released we know people are looking elsewhere, and it's only a matter of time at this point. Zos will recognize that and decide that they want to prevent it by increasing pvp focus or they don't. We really ought to see attention soon about pvp focus... or the writing is on the wall and they've accepted it.

I hope that they focus more attention on pvp, but unfortunately with NW release coming and zos giving absolutely no attention to the drop in player base or caring that people want out, I doubt we'll see anything major.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No bueno
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on December 18, 2021 5:00AM
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I used to wait over an hour to queue into Cyro, worst case lately on days those hour + pop locked queues existed, it is like 1-2 minutes tops. Being that it is 75-80 players per faction now, instead of the hundreds it used to be, ZOS has a serious issue on their hands, and the mere fact they just keep lowering the pop cap means, they simply don't care to fix it.

It will be hilarious when they have to start lowering the overall population to deal with the PVE lag, which is bound to start happening soon judging by how bad it is getting. "You are 1373 in queue to login, expected wait time is 2.4 hours.... go watch a movie or two!"
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »
    I used to wait over an hour to queue into Cyro, worst case lately on days those hour + pop locked queues existed, it is like 1-2 minutes tops. Being that it is 75-80 players per faction now, instead of the hundreds it used to be, ZOS has a serious issue on their hands, and the mere fact they just keep lowering the pop cap means, they simply don't care to fix it.

It will be hilarious when they have to start lowering the overall population to deal with the PVE lag, which is bound to start happening soon judging by how bad it is getting. "You are 1373 in queue to login, expected wait time is 2.4 hours.... go watch a movie or two!"

It's amazing when you think of just how much they've let it go. It's a shame.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Performance is bad okay, Zos is unable to fix it okay too, but you guys keep playing in that campaign with all those ball groups and such, meanwhile Blackreach and Imperial City are dead empty.

Blackreach is lag free in any time of day until high pop for all factions, which is very rare. If you are solo/duo/trio queue for somewhere else than Gray. Easy as that.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • _adhyffbjjjf12
    _adhyffbjjjf12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ball groups is fine if the game is coded properly, i'm in a game right now with easily 200 in a 3 way running battle, AOE EVERYWHERE, at 60fps solid with everything maxed out. That's with number of enemy players shown at minimum and its an absolute riot, no rubber banding, no lag, straight fighting. Zos has no excuse in this day and age.

51766206211_3a166acb3c_h.jpg

Edited by _adhyffbjjjf12 on December 22, 2021 8:32PM