The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Heavy Attacks keep getting stuck

Katlefiya
Katlefiya
✭✭✭✭✭
After the patch, heavy attacks repeatedly keep on getting stuck and continue to complete themselves, even after I have released the finger from the left mouse button. It is most noticeable with lighting staves.

Other people seem to have the same problem:
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/590555/heavy-attacks-acting-up#latest
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Let's formalize this because it's at least a medium severity bug.

Bug Title

Lightning and Restoration Staff heavy attacks do not resume properly when holding down attack

Bug Description

Lightning and Restoration Staff heavy attacks are supposed to automatically start again as long as the player is holding down attack. This doesn't happen if the player is targeting nothing during a very small window of time (< 0.2 seconds) right as the heavy attack ends.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Equip Lightning or Restoration staff
    2. Move target reticle over training dummy
    3. Hold down attack to begin heavy attacking
    4. Right as the heavy attack ends, move the target reticle over nothing so you have no target. Heavy attack gets stuck.

This may take several attempts to reproduce because the timing is very narrow. Alternatively, you can hold down attack and quickly move the target reticle to the left and right of the training dummy, back and forth.

Expected Behavior

Heavy attack should always work if you are holding down attack.

Comments

The bug happens frequently in dungeons and PvP because lots of hostile units quickly pass under your target reticle. It can happen 10-20 times in a single dungeon or battleground and makes the heavy attack experience very bad.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on November 16, 2021 6:39PM
    PC NA
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This bug is still not fixed with latest patch v7.2.7 PC NA.

Updated steps to reproduce.

1) Hold down attack to the left of target hitbox

RYdhGgE.png

2) Move target reticle inside the target hitbox but not directly over the target

rAbFaLI.png

Only takes 1 attack before it breaks.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on December 6, 2021 1:39PM
    PC NA
  • Katlefiya
    Katlefiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    This bug is still not fixed with latest patch v7.2.7 PC NA

Can we please get this bug a higher priority to fix? It ruins the play style of many.
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed this for the last couple of days actually in pve... isnt just since patch. if you hold mouse button longer than just a click but shorter than a full heavy attack it seems to continue the full heavy attack on its own. I cant say for certain it does it every time but I noticed it often.
    Edited by deleted221205-002626 on December 7, 2021 12:24AM
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice to get some feedback from ZOS about when they plan to fix this even if they have to say something like "It will be fixed in the next patch which we expect to release some time next week." and can't give an exact date. This issue IS a big deal and is affecting play for just about anyone playing this game (PVP or PVE) and using a staff.
  • Katlefiya
    Katlefiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No fix this week :-(

v7.2.8 only change seems to be an update to the ZeniMax Media Terms of Service.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/593510/pc-mac-patch-notes-v7-2-8#latest
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I think there is an update 12-22 so we can hope that this gets fixed. Keep hope alive!
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any update on this ZOS_Kevin or anyone else from Zenimax?
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still no update I guess. Or nobody even reading these.
  • Horny_Poney
    Horny_Poney
    ✭✭✭
    Mix this with the other heavy-attack-never-starts-goddamnit bug (way more annoying imho) and you’re in hell: either it doesn’t start, or it never ends XD
  • BlossomDead
    BlossomDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    I keep noticing this more and more in PvP with my lightning/resto staff as well. I need to animation cancel myself with a block/bash otherwise is drawing spaghetti all over the screen.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed this needs to be fixed quickly.
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a big one. Been driving me batty the last little while.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is maintenance tomorrow. I don't know if it's to implement any bug fixes but we can hope right?
  • Katlefiya
    Katlefiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No patch today.
  • npuk
    npuk
    ✭✭✭
    This is on Xbox too
    The Sacrificial Warriors GMXbox One EU:18x CP Chars (2300+ CP)Xbox One NA: 3x CP Chars (800+ CP)Xbox One (alt) EU:5x CP Chars (1500+ CP)Xbox One (alt 2) EU:1x CP Chars (450+ CP)PC EU: 1x CP Char (400+ CP)
  • NerfSeige
    NerfSeige
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still happening earlier on PS/NA, really dangerous on PVP when you’re stuck in the animation.
    Avid reader of wes’-pts-diary[RIP]

NerfAS and Shill ruins everything

Skinny-meta-fake, graded D, and can’t explain the law of diminishing marginal returns.

I won’t post that Wes, I’ll get [snipped] for the last time

Revert this patch - Audens, 2022
  • Thunda
    Thunda
    ✭✭
    Has any communication been provided by ZOS? I know there is a long list of bugs with some having been around for years but any communication is better than being ignored.

@ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_BillE , Can we get any form of acknowledgement that this is a known bug and is being investigated? Why have a section in the forums if player reports seem to go unaddressed? A little communication goes a long way.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    They did acknowledge that they know about the issue 3-4 weeks ago but I've seen no update since. It's like the whole company shut down for 2-weeks during Xmas. If so, good for them. I had only 2-days off myself and work through most of the holiday period so I'm jealous. But it's bad for us customers. Many of us have several hundred dollars invested in the game. So when basic game mechanics get screwed up by the devs for no reason I feel like I have a right to be mad and to expect that someone at ZOS should care and they should be working to fix these things quickly. I feel like these forum posts are largely ignored by ZOS as we get a reply from their employees very very sparingly and usually only on the top issue or 2 in a given month. There should be someone reading and replying to all of these posts. If that position doesn't exist in their company they should create it.
    Edited by malistorr on January 6, 2022 7:58PM
  • Thunda
    Thunda
    ✭✭
    Good to know they acknowledged it already. Do they have a place that shows all known issues and the status? I checked the dev tracker but that didn't seem to really address all the bugs. A running list of known issues may help reduce the clutter of bug posts.

Agreed about responding to the forum posts. Even something as simple as "We're aware of the bug and are working to correct it".
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @Thunda I will check on this today to see the status on this. Thanks for the reminder ping.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Thunda
    Thunda
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Thank you for letting us know!
  • Wavek
    Wavek
    ✭✭✭
    I get this as well, so far only on my lightning staff character. I use an xb1 controller on PC. The 'heavy attack' will sometimes trigger and complete even if I just tapped the trigger.
  • Katlefiya
    Katlefiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    @Thunda I will check on this today to see the status on this. Thanks for the reminder ping.

Any news on this yet?
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I assume not since Kevin never answered on this thread. I assume their employees are spread much too thin by the lack of updates and feedback. I've worked for many companies like ZOS and they never have enough staff. Managing this forum is a very manual job and a cost for the company (doesn't make any money) so it's very low priority.
    Edited by malistorr on January 11, 2022 7:03PM
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    Posting so I can get updates.
  • griffrawk
    griffrawk
    ✭✭
    Also get this too often. Lightning staff, PS4-EU.

Light attack intended, the merest touch, and it locks as HA.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    And for people who heavy attack a lot due to physical problems/disabilities or just wanting to:
    Heavy attacks used to continue if you kept the trigger held down. This doesn't happen anymore. So players who heavy attack once are stuck in it until it completes. That is problem #1. Problem #2 is whether you wanted that attack to finish or not, when you keep the trigger held down and are still pointing at an enemy the next heavy attack will not proceed automatically like it used to. The player will have to let go of the trigger, target an enemy again, and press down on the trigger to get another heavy attack to go. This may not sound like that big of a problem but for players who make their whole build around buffing heavy attacks and doing primarily that, this issue can drop DPS by I'm guessing at least 20-30% because you can't heavy attack as often.
  • Helfyre666
    Helfyre666
    Soul Shriven
    Xbox NA. I'm having the same issue with heavy attacks
  • xStaticx
    xStaticx
    ✭✭✭
    Was there any updated response given on this yet? or is this going to just keep getting ignored? Very annoying to deal with.