The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Pleas don't nerf Dark Convergence just because players don't like how it operates in PVP.

• NerfSeige
    NerfSeige
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, please don’t nerf DC. Make it like bahsei, only works on non-player characters.
    Avid reader of wes’-pts-diary[RIP]

NerfAS and Shill ruins everything

Skinny-meta-fake, graded D, and can’t explain the law of diminishing marginal returns.

I won’t post that Wes, I’ll get [snipped] for the last time

Revert this patch - Audens, 2022
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    reading the comments in this thread gives the impression that anyone using the set needs to be ashamed and feel bad, but that is just not reality.
    theres nothing wrong with using this set in both pvp and pve.
    the set was made because we asked for help to stop zergs and hoards of people blobbing together, the set works good and doing its job.
    the set was made to stop zergs and huge groups that are cause massive lagg, high ping, and destroying the pvp in cryodiil.
    the set needs buffed, not nerfed.
    it needs to stay.

Half agree. It should stay, and I don't even use it!

But I honestly agree with the single-target damage decrease with the next patch. If it is intended for "large ball groups", then the damage shift towards "more players caught inside = more damage" then that's perfect! I play Daggerfall in pretty big groups. I think it has made PvP less about staying inside a tight swarm of other player-shields to take hits for you while a healer drops passive aoe heals constantly. It's nice to see players scattered about and doing stuff.

The last important thing that I think that DarkConv needs is a counter added to the player when they get pulled to prevent double-pulls and cheesed kills.

Other than that, if anything, DarkConv seems a bit overpowered for PvE as OP proves, but I just hope that the devs don't try to scale the rest of the game around this set... That would be the worst case scenario. 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reading the comments in this thread gives the impression that anyone using the set needs to be ashamed and feel bad, but that is just not reality.
    the set was made because we asked for help to stop zergs and hoards of people blobbing together, the set works good and doing its job.
    the set was made to stop zergs and huge groups that are cause massive lagg, high ping, and destroying the pvp in cryodiil.
    it needs to stay.

I don't blame players for using a set introduced in the game, even if I do think it's mostly used to grief people.

As far as stopping ball groups and zergs, it hasn't. What ends up happening is whatever ball group or zerg is running it the most effectively runs the map. It's the exact opposite of it's intended purpose.

People asked for a fair way to combat ball groups and we got a set that's most optimally used by comp group setups.

You have people refusing to enter Cyro or run BGs because it isn't fun getting instant killed by a set. You have people logging off in numbers because that 8 man group of Necro tanks can kill anyone they tries to cross them by just dropping a colossus.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it needs to stay.

... I do think it's mostly used to grief people ...

dark convergence is doing the same exact thing that wardens pull and sorcerers bolt escape does to us players.
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭

As far as stopping ball groups and zergs, it hasn't. What ends up happening is whatever ball group or zerg is running it the most effectively runs the map. It's the exact opposite of it's intended purpose.

I queue CP cyrodiil and run in some pretty cool zerg groups for Daggerfall Cov, I don't think anyone in my groups have been using DarkConv (that I've noticed). I know some of the group leaders even kick players if they see them use DarkConv. We constantly are getting trolled by other zergs that run multiple DarkConv, or by NB's just dropping it and then staying hidden to try and get some easy pickin's while our group is knocking on doors.

Battlegrounds is hit or miss if opposing teams are using DarkConv. Also, I notice the solo players just dropping DarkConv more often when they see they're losing, so it's like a failsafe handicap for some people.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set needs deleted, not nerfed. Send this set back to oblivion and be done with it.

ZOS, its okay to say, sorry, we really screwed up on that one. Our bad, Delete!
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still awesome set. Love it
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭

ZOS, its okay to say, sorry, we really screwed up on that one. Our bad, Delete!

This. This right here.

It is incredibly true. It would also be completely respectable and garner a return of faith.
  • AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it needs to stay.
    No it is not stopping zergs or hoards of people bobbing together. It is being used by zergs all the time. The effective counter that actually worked against zergs and ballgroups was solo bombing.

They messed up solo bombing when they made it too OP, but now there are little to no solo bombers left. Resistances are too high and there are too many counters to stealth.

Solo bombing was in a good place before it got buffed, and now it has effectively killed the entire playstyle.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it needs to stay.

... I do think it's mostly used to grief people ...

dark convergence is doing the same exact thing that wardens pull and sorcerers bolt escape does to us players.

Neither of these class skills are AoE pulls with a stun and snare plus damage that allows yo-yoing players around.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.