Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

This patch made Xbox unplayable with crashing

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, just dumped an alt into Silent Halls and it loaded fine with no crashing. So looks like Scaly Cloth Scrap farming is back on the menu.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All. As you may have seen by now, the incremental patch has gone live in Xbox. This should resolve crashing issues Xbox players have been experiencing.

If you continue to see major issues regarding crashing, feel free to flag here. We will keep an eye on this thread. Thanks again for your continued patience.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Jarrods32
    Jarrods32
    ✭✭✭
    It may be some what better still had some raid dc happening randomly , albeit a possible improvement, but not really the point, no other product as a consumer would u buy then just be like oh well it works half the time , just be happy.
    As a community that is the issue we except the bare minimum, which in turn is why we always recieve the bare minimum.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Why doesn't the dev team take a break from adding stuff to sell in crown store, new content, constant and unneeded constant redesign of the combat system ,skills, races,etc......., that noone ask for and just honestly devote the time to fixing all the current content that is broken and some of which has been broken for a long time?
    I'm sure most of us would rather a game that works like it suppose to rather than rushed content, constant un wanted changes, and never ending bugs
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jarrods32 wrote: »
    It may be some what better still had some raid dc happening randomly , albeit a possible improvement, but not really the point, no other product as a consumer would u buy then just be like oh well it works half the time , just be happy.
    As a community that is the issue we except the bare minimum, which in turn is why we always recieve the bare minimum.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Why doesn't the dev team take a break from adding stuff to sell in crown store, new content, constant and unneeded constant redesign of the combat system ,skills, races,etc......., that noone ask for and just honestly devote the time to fixing all the current content that is broken and some of which has been broken for a long time?
    I'm sure most of us would rather a game that works like it suppose to rather than rushed content, constant un wanted changes, and never ending bugs

A ton of people complained that the upcoming Deadlands DLC doesn't have enough content. So no, I doubt people would be happy if they stopped doing new content.
  • HugoG92
    HugoG92
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All. As you may have seen by now, the incremental patch has gone live in Xbox. This should resolve crashing issues Xbox players have been experiencing.

If you continue to see major issues regarding crashing, feel free to flag here. We will keep an eye on this thread. Thanks again for your continued patience.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/585990/xbox-actions-taking-longer-after-update
    Can you update us about this issue? I'm sure all console players noticed this problem and there's no acknowledgment yet on your side of the table. All I'm asking for is this to be acknowledge and a ETA for a fix.
    Edited by HugoG92 on October 6, 2021 7:02PM
  • Dolphinsgal
    Dolphinsgal
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin
    I went to do Blackwood dailies and crashed, logged in and crashed again. I have restarted my xbox as well as modem/router after the patch and it's still happening for me on the series x. I don't think I'm going to try to get back in game today as I'm very angry.
  • Avandri
    Avandri
    ✭✭
    Now that the patch has been pushed through, can we expect a statement from you @zos_kevin or @ZOS_GinaBruno about the actions you plan to take for the Xbox community with this issue impacting the event and regular game play?
  • Akali
    Akali
    ✭✭

This is great news, thank you

• HedgeHugger
    HedgeHugger
    ✭✭✭
    Will it be safe now to go into the Silent Halls public dungeon, without the fear of losing access to your character for days?
    What about continuing the mission from Solitude (OH got stuck in an infinite load entering the Orrery, got rescued eventually).

What about all the crashes just doing dailies, walking through doors. I really hope these are fixed too.

Will have to play and see. Fingers Crossed, eh!

Still haven't tried The Silent Halls yet, but not a single crash since the update WooHoo!! :)

• Ferretfing
    Ferretfing
    Soul Shriven
    Eveything fine here so far & no crashes :) - was experiencing around 20+ crashes per day in all aspects of the game previously
  • Lucozade85
    Lucozade85
    ✭✭✭
    Only 1 crash last night in vSS although I suddenly seem to be getting fps dropping.
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zero crashes . but my controller dis con nec ted 18 times .
  • Tharonil
    Tharonil
    ✭✭✭
    Zero crashes so far :smile:
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That's an xbox issue, not a game issue. It's a well documented issue at that. Doesn't matter if you've only experienced it playing one game, it's still a xbox issue. Mines seems to have calmed down in recent times.
  • jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't experience crashes yesterday, but I only had time to do crafting writs on my characters. I didn't enter any group content. I also didn't enter blackwood. After being unable to obtain event tickets for a week I feel rather disgruntled about the whole event.
    Where's our update about compensation for missed event opportunities and lost eso plus subscription time?
  • jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭
    I've had this weird thing happen about 15 times since the last patch, including two times today.
    When I log out of eso to change characters my A button no longer works. It works outside of eso fine though. After turning off my controller it usually works when I turn it back on but a few times I hard to connect it to the series x with the wire to get it to work again. Weird.
  • gronoxvx
    gronoxvx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like the crashes have been fixed which is great, but still waiting to see how zos is going to make it up to the xbox community.
  • ForMalacath
    ForMalacath
    ✭✭✭
    Had a productive few hours in Blackwood earlier - 0 crashes. Staying away from silent halls though!
    In Malacath we trust

XB1 EU
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I had 0 crashes in like 4 hours of play. Tonight I’ve crashed 4 times in less than an hour.
  • HedgeHugger
    HedgeHugger
    ✭✭✭
    The big crash that switches off the Xbox is still there when trying to exit the CP screen.
    I was hopeful it had gone away, because I managed to assign cp on a few characters with no drama.

My favourite spot for the big crash seems to be at Solitude stables. Could be a coincidence though because I end/start the daily writ run there..
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's an xbox issue, not a game issue. It's a well documented issue at that. Doesn't matter if you've only experienced it playing one game, it's still a xbox issue. Mines seems to have calmed down in recent times.

i know --- but since this patch the other day its happening 5 times as much.

• Avandri
    Avandri
    ✭✭
    Things were great Thursday, played several hours with no crashes. But I logged in a moment ago and crashed 3 times in the guild finder menu before I gave up and turned it off.
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was 'ok' for about a day, maybe 2. Now getting back to what it was prior to maintenance.
  • captainpost
    captainpost
    ✭✭
    I have had no crashes for 2 days(Wednesday/Thursday). But today I got a crash while running Dolmens in Alik'r Desert.
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I had 0 crashes in like 4 hours of play. Tonight I’ve crashed 4 times in less than an hour.

Update: So I played the rest of that night in fidelity mode, and it was fine. Today I switched to performance mode and I got a crash about 10 minutes later.

So performance mode still is not working. I have been in contact with ZOS support and they insist it's my Xbox's or internet's fault. I've cleared MAC address, I've tested connections, I'm on a wired hook up, ALL of my other devices including my Xbox One, smart TV, laptop, iPad, and iPhone work. Even my Xbox Series X works on other games. The ONLY time I get a crash is in performance mode, which honestly is the only mode worth running on Series X.

Half of the console enhanced feature is not working, but it's still my internet's fault?
  • AuraStorm43
    AuraStorm43
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Update: So I played the rest of that night in fidelity mode, and it was fine. Today I switched to performance mode and I got a crash about 10 minutes later.

So performance mode still is not working. I have been in contact with ZOS support and they insist it's my Xbox's or internet's fault. I've cleared MAC address, I've tested connections, I'm on a wired hook up, ALL of my other devices including my Xbox One, smart TV, laptop, iPad, and iPhone work. Even my Xbox Series X works on other games. The ONLY time I get a crash is in performance mode, which honestly is the only mode worth running on Series X.

Half of the console enhanced feature is not working, but it's still my internet's fault?

No its the rushed console enhanced, on PS5 we’ve had no cross platform trophies since release, and fidelity mode is so broken i get multiple crashes per day in that mode

It was rolled out several months before it was ready
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just coming back, so not sure what this is all about. For the last few days, I play for a few minutes and like clockwork, I try clicking on buttons and nothing happens. I can move around, not jump and then I am kicked out. Of course I get the lovely "make sure you have a valid internet connection." So of course me typing here should show Zenimax Online I have a valid internet connection. :pensive:

This has happened like 5 times now and I just can't be bothered playing again. This happened again yesterday after the Xbox patch. Again not sure if this is the same issue or not, just letting you know.

Also not sure if this makes a difference or not playing on the Xbox Series X, with graphic performance. HDR was on and then off and still happened. Also when I do get to play, I keep getting the Oberous (spelling) in the top right corner spinning every 10 seconds or so.

Also I keep getting the "email notification" still as well.

So not sure what is being patched. Hope this helps.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • TootieTazzy
    TootieTazzy
    ✭✭✭
    Have you guys figured out "how best to make it up to Xbox S|X players" yet? I've seen no mention of anything since Gina mentioned it on Sept 27th.
  • jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭
    Have you guys figured out "how best to make it up to Xbox S|X players" yet? I've seen no mention of anything since Gina mentioned it on Sept 27th.
    We aren't getting anything. That was said to placate the mob at the time.
    Edited by jackiemanuel on October 9, 2021 8:27PM
  • Washac
    Washac
    Since the patch last Wednesday 6th Oct I have no crashes on the Xbox series X, I have played everyday for about 6 - 7 hours.
This discussion has been closed.