The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I'm still speaking with companions instead of dropping loot

Rishikesa108
Rishikesa108
✭✭✭✭✭
Despite Update 31, I'm still speaking with my companion (when summoned) while I am in combat, trying to loot from dead enemies.
This thing is unbearable.
It's annoying that they talk too much ... but intruding on looting is unbearable.
Would it be so difficult to assign a different letter to talk to your companion, rather than the one used for general interaction with everything?
Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭
    What a great solution! :)
    I strongly agree! ;)
    PC | EU
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Problem, sera?"

"Yes, Mirri. Move over would you? I need to loot that body."

"I like to think I'm agreeable."

"No, seriously, can you please move?"

"I'm still here. Thanks for asking."

*sighs*

"Problem, sera?"
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Number of times in a week that I want to loot a corpse: Approximately 10,000

Number of times in a week I want to talk to my companion: Approximately 3

Why can't we just have a tab/hotkey for them like inventory, CP, skills, etc? I get for RP reasons, players want to talk to them, but it's just messy.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's also the same glorious button that jumps, initiates fishing, and collects torchbugs. You can see how this would be problematic when approaching a small body of water at high speeds.

(tries to jump over water) YoU dOnT hAvE tHe RiGhT bAiT eQuIpPeD. (Sploosh, into the drink)

(tries to jump over water) PLOT TWIST! TORCHBUG OUTTA NOWHERE! (dismounted, mirri hates you a little more)
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭
    7ipi04urkpbn.png

Please please please
    ZOS add
    "Interact With Companion"
    PC | EU
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭
    sf1z5lwae51p.png

nbe4owrzga00.png

I need to loot !!! :#:#:#:#:#:#

bgkkll0qwxjj.png

xz2o993gubol.png

Update 31:

vng8k0smpgj9.png

It wasn't enough. :(:(:(
    It is really necessary to add a new interaction in the controls for the Companion.

Thanks! ;)

PC | EU
  • tomfant
    tomfant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jep, it's annoying. Wanna loot urns, pots or any other container? Nope companion is right in your face. Wanna use a wayshrine? Nope companion stands in front of it. Wanna harvest plants or cut a log? Nope companion is blocking it.
    Edited by tomfant on September 26, 2021 9:14AM
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It'd kind of be nice if when combat ended, they try to get 'behind' your character. Instead of standing right where the last enemy died.
    PC NA
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really love target priority feature, and it's still working great for me :o It's on PC, so maybe the bug could be platform-specific? I don't know, since introduction of this feature I stopped having any problem with combat pets/companions/assistants. And lootable containers near wayshrines seem to be fixed as well so wayshrines no longer block me from looting <3 I've captured videos yesterday to showcase elegant target priority.

Companion VS Node. Node is much more attractive and important:

https://youtu.be/CXF2DBwjUnw

Containers VS Assistant VS Merchant. Everything is equally important:

https://youtu.be/7ddR4mojKcg
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »
    I really love target priority feature, and it's still working great for me :o It's on PC, so maybe the bug could be platform-specific? I don't know, since introduction of this feature I stopped having any problem with combat pets/companions/assistants. And lootable containers near wayshrines seem to be fixed as well so wayshrines no longer block me from looting <3 I've captured videos yesterday to showcase elegant target priority.

I have to completely disagree.
    When you fight some mobs next to your companion, you want to loot from the corpse very quickly and then pass to fight another mob, right ? Well 7 times out of 10 your companion answers to you " I'm here for you" "Problems, sera ?" because you started a conversation with him/her instead of looting the corpse. I'm playing on PC EU, it's not a platform issue.
    The target priority feature works fine if you have to deliver a daily writ and a big warden bear is in the way.
    This feature does not work at all for the priority of companion's speaking, especially during combats.
    Change the interaction letter for the companion would be a great solution.

ZOS created companions, but made them extremely annoying, both because they overlap with looting, and because they talk too much, even if you set Companion's Reactions as "Infrequent".

Edited by Rishikesa108 on September 28, 2021 3:23PM
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    Compromise for keybinding:

Toggle _ to talk to companions, this should include quest companions as this has always annoyed me.

I play with controller on PC, but for infrequent keybindings I still use the keyboard, so I can always bind some random key to this and probably will never use it anyway.
    Edited by Syrpynt on September 30, 2021 3:21PM
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This problem is why I don't use companions much. I recently tried using a companion again and yes, the companions still get in the way of looting.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭
    Temporary solution:

"Disable Companions Interactions" button - ZOS, PLEASE !
    danno8 wrote: »
    DinoZavr wrote: »
    There is the addon "No, thank you" which is great, bloody marvelous, excellent etc etc
    It has an option to prohibit interactions with insects. You get what i mean?

Dear Zenimax (@ZOS), dear addon authors,
    could you please, pretty please, add a keyboard shortcut enabling/disabling initiating dialogues with Companions.
    my problem is Ken and Barbie (who are basically good boy and gal) have a trend to stand over lootable bodies/containers
    and it takes SEVERAL attempts to position right to get my loot instead of listening to "wanna chat?" by my talkaive Companions.

This is extremely annoying. Very annoying. Hardly companions could get mote brains to stop resetting bosses,
    standing in red, preventing from looting, so the magic button to stop interacting with them seems to be the best option
    (unsummoning companion before looting is not OK as this prevents from Companions gear drops).

Please, please, make this "prevent companions interactions" button/addon.
    Thank you.

Until then:

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1623-NoInteract.html

t3b3jwds6ml7.png

4e2zklpw7icq.png

y1s9xfu8nff8.png

h9unir6zmo90.png

kty34xg4yk3j.png

:):):)

PC | EU
  • Reign03
    Reign03
    Soul Shriven
    Gandalf_72 wrote: »
    7ipi04urkpbn.png

Please please please
    ZOS add
    "Interact With Companion"

I just wanted to add that if that is not possible to do at least move them further away from our character. The companions in quests are the same way. It shouldn't be a problem to set their follow distance to be a lot further and for them to stay or move that far away out of combat.